Order Of The Stone thingy ripped directly from Mystery Incorporated!

I just realised that the whole Order of the Stone thing was directly ripped from Mystery Incorporated.

Now let's see:

Mystery Incorporated teams had 5 members.

Ricky Owens, Pericles, Brad Chiles, Judy Reeves, Cassidy Williams

As you can see, both have 5 members. Now let's look at Order of the Stone:

Gabriel, Soren, Magnus, Ellegard, Ivor

Both have 5 members, strange huh? In MC:SM, the order broke up and one of the member (Ivor) betrayed them. Exactly the same happened with the Mystery Incorporated group. Pericles crippled Ricky Owens and sent a entire herd of mutant cows to destroy Crystal Cove. Ivor caused Magnus/Ellegard's death and almost destroyed the world with the wither storm.

Now let's look at an even funnier thing.

Mystery Incorporated "alter-ego" (kinda)

Shaggy Rogers - Ricky Owens

Velma Dinkley - Cassidy Williams

Scooby - Pericles

Brad and Judy - Fred and Daphne

MC:SM "alter ego" (kinda):

Gabriel - Petra

Magnus - Axel

Ellegard - Olivia

Soren - Jesse

Ivor - Lukas

I suppose you see the pattern here, eh? Am I right to say telltale copied the heck out of the Mystery Incorporated group or is it just a big coincidence?

Comments

• Another thing to point out... the betrayals were done because one of the members wanted power.

Pericles wanted the Planispheric disks, even got Brad and Judy to betray their only son.

Ivor wanted fame and created a wither storm to destroy the world.

What do you guys think? I really think telltale copied them right now.

• A group of team members with different quirks/personality types is a fairly common trope, and I certainly would not think it is limited to Scooby Doo.

It sounds more like a coincidence than anything.

• Wouldn't this be too big or a coincidence, would it?

A group of team members with different quirks/personality types is a fairly common trope, and I certainly would not think it is limited to Scooby Doo. It sounds more like a coincidence than anything.

• Are you trolling/being sarcastic?

Wouldn't this be too big or a coincidence, would it?

• not really no

Wouldn't this be too big or a coincidence, would it?

• I wouldn't of even thought about that, because their is literally no connection to them whatsoever.

• I made this topic because I suddenly thought of it.

Show some fucking respect. You got something against me? Sayit out. Don't disrespect me on every thread I make.

• You'd have to dig really hard to make connections like these, pointing towards the idea that it's just a coincidence

• You must be a real die hard fan of this to make the comparison ( I used to watch it tbf ) but it's a NO from me (NO)

• As a classic horror fan I liked MI because it's NOTHING but tropes not one damn thing in that series was a original concept as far as I know. Read more books and watch more tv/movies you'll see how silly this is

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2016

It's definitely a coincidence. As Blind Sniper said groups with five are common. You could apply this to lots of stuff.

The main crew in Firefly:

Mal, the leader (Jesse/Soren)
    Zoe, the fighter (Petra/Gabriel)
    Wash, the jokester (Axel/Magnus)
    Kaylee, the builder (Olivia/Ellegard)
    Jayne, the unpredictable one (Ivor/Lukas)

In the episode "Ariel", Jayne betrays the group when he sells out the doctor and his sister. This causes the deadly blue gloved men to come in and kill the marshals, with the crew narrowly saving them before they're killed as well.

• I don't understand, I just thought of it and said my piece.

You must be a real die hard fan of this to make the comparison ( I used to watch it tbf ) but it's a NO from me (NO)

• [removed]

As a classic horror fan I liked MI because it's NOTHING but tropes not one damn thing in that series was a original concept as far as I know. Read more books and watch more tv/movies you'll see how silly this is

• edited April 2016

Huh? What are you talking about? No one called you ten. And what's with attacking forum members? That had nothing to do with the thread and was just immature. Did I miss something? This is the downside of mods deleting comments, leaves me confused as hell.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.