Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It'd be funny if one of the deaths would be falling off the tower.

Poogers555 posted: »

I kinda wish the Church was where the Kenny and Jane fight happened.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Then someone can model swap in Ben

dojo32161 posted: »

It'd be funny if one of the deaths would be falling off the tower.

• The bitten james thing could be a non canon death. I mean sam must have several of those files as the can be bitten in non canon deaths also

Deltino posted: »

I wouldn't say this confirms that they cut down episodes 2 and 3 to meet a deadline like he says in his post. The only relatively major plot

• If I remember correctly, didn't some enter through? Oh....wait when Michonne and everybody starts attacking I think the group leaves the gate and don't watch over it as you can see many enter. Then again it is probably my memory failing me.

So I was thinking about the gunfight in episode 3, and I just now noticed this small hole in the story So you have Norma's people trying

• What's interesting is that the only way for it to be a non-canon death would be if walkers broke into the mansion, and the non-canon sequence would have to be long enough so that they walk from the gate to the living room.

The bitten james thing could be a non canon death. I mean sam must have several of those files as the can be bitten in non canon deaths also

• I'm guessing Downtown is supposed to look like the title screen of No Going Back (unless it's a reused Macon asset or something).

Ugh, church located in "Downtown," why did you have to disappear! Here's where you look at the far left!

• As much as I love Kenny, I really wish they kept this in.

Someone might have brought it up before, but Kenny was indeed meant to be the main villain of season 2 at one point during early development

• I always wondered about the mysterious city in the No Going Back slide.

I'm guessing Downtown is supposed to look like the title screen of No Going Back (unless it's a reused Macon asset or something).

• I feel like in some ways he WAS the main villian of season 2, 'the devil you know', and all that.

Someone might have brought it up before, but Kenny was indeed meant to be the main villain of season 2 at one point during early development

• What's interesting is that during development, TellTale called the episode "Better to Sleep." It's placeholder screenshot was Clementine walking towards that city in the background.

enter image description here

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I always wondered about the mysterious city in the No Going Back slide.

• I think Season 2 was going to be way more darker. Loneliness and actions we regret (Ep 4 and 5 slides) would be the two main themes.

Instead we got a Season about Kenny's personal struggles. Yaaaaaaay

eRock92 posted: »

What's interesting is that during development, TellTale called the episode "Better to Sleep." It's placeholder screenshot was Clementine walking towards that city in the background.

So, has anyone else noticed that they spelled soon with three o's

What's interesting is that during development, TellTale called the episode "Better to Sleep." It's placeholder screenshot was Clementine walking towards that city in the background.

• Kenny was going to die in ep4, but Melissa convinced ttg to not do that.

I think Season 2 was going to be way more darker. Loneliness and actions we regret (Ep 4 and 5 slides) would be the two main themes. Instead we got a Season about Kenny's personal struggles. Yaaaaaaay

• Not only that, there's this creepy track that was supposed to be used for the episode slide in the games files, but it's never used.

• Where'd you hear that?

Kenny was going to die in ep4, but Melissa convinced ttg to not do that.

• They love their soons, so they gotta say it like soooooon >.> <.<

So, has anyone else noticed that they spelled soon with three o's

• Wow, didn't think I could be MORE annoyed about having to play Kenny Babysitter Simulator 2013 instead of what I bought - a Walking Dead game - but there it is.

• eRock92 posted: »

• In the intro for 400 Days, on the board with all the missing posters and photographs, there's a guy in a black and red cap. The cap has a D on it very much like Clementine's baseball cap. There's also a male/female in a shirt that says 'TTG' on it, which may stand for Telltale Games.

• For the few episodes during Season Six that Glenn is presumed dead (When he's stuck under Nicholas' body), Steven Yeun's name is actually removed from the opening credits where the main cast are shown. Which I thought was an incredibly neat thing to do at the time.

There's also a picture of two guys on that board, who are actually Telltale employees. One of them is Dennis Lenart, but I don't remember the name of the other one

Lilacsbloom posted: »

In the intro for 400 Days, on the board with all the missing posters and photographs, there's a guy in a black and red cap. The cap has a D

• (!) That was an untagged spoiler!

(!) The walkers were alerted to the spoiler

(!) That was an untagged spoiler!

• (!) …shit!

For what it's worth, I also flagged it.

(!) The walkers were alerted to the spoiler

• Except for the fact that hardly anyone actually believed he died as there was a picture of him and Jesus.

• Where did you hear that from considering voice lines are the last thing recorded in TellTale's games?

• This whole thread is filled with spoilers? Your posts have whole chunks of dialogue listed from important scenes in the game... They aren't tagged.

(!) That was an untagged spoiler!

• Yeah well not everybody spends their time spoiling TV shows for themselves.

Except for the fact that hardly anyone actually believed he died as there was a picture of him and Jesus.

• edited May 2016

You said it yourself, they are spoilers from "What We Deserve," which was released two weeks ago, and therefore, it doesn't need to be tagged, because it's understood that everyone already has the chance to play.

Your comment contained spoilers for the The Walking Dead TV Show. That is a different medium from the game, so people aren't necessarily caught up with it. And they shouldn't have to, because this is a forum for the game. That doesn't mean that the show can't be discussed here, but as an act of courtesy, we tag spoilers for it.

This wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you, if that's how you took it.

Edit: Jesus, could you at least reply letting me know you read it? I'm not the one spoiling the show for people, I'm the one attempting to prevent that same thing.

SemiSweet posted: »

This whole thread is filled with spoilers? Your posts have whole chunks of dialogue listed from important scenes in the game... They aren't tagged.

• Calm down, bro, i don't spend every waking minute here, I just pop in from time to time so replying to people will take a while sometimes. I didn't take it as a personal attack, I just didn't understand why I was being cited in particular. I also still don't really understand, the game being out only two weeks surely means less people will likely have had a chance to play through it compared to the shows Sixth season which came out and finished earlier. I don't mind if my post is spoiler tagged but in my view every post should be spoiler tagged if that is the case. We can agree to disagree, not problems.

You said it yourself, they are spoilers from "What We Deserve," which was released two weeks ago, and therefore, it doesn't need to be tagge

• Isn't there also a picture of Dale? Or at least a Dale look-a-like?

There's also a picture of two guys on that board, who are actually Telltale employees. One of them is Dennis Lenart, but I don't remember the name of the other one

• My point is, this forum is for discussing the game, so people know that they could bump into spoilers, since "What We Deserve" was released two weeks ago, and it's generally confirmed a prudent time. While the TV Show can be discussed here, spoilers for it need to be tagged at all times. That's how I've learned it since my stay on the forum.

@InGen_Nate_Kenny or @OzzyUK, please correct me if I'm wrong.

SemiSweet posted: »

Calm down, bro, i don't spend every waking minute here, I just pop in from time to time so replying to people will take a while sometimes. I

• Well, the thing is that this thread is for the game, so you're kind of supposed to talk about "Details..." from the game. And the reason why there isn't spoiler tags now is because it would clutter things up, and after that initial couple day with spoiler tags, everything past that page is fair game. It's really only courtesy for the users who are just browsing on the first page with spoilers, and a warning to people who are going individually through pages by hand that spoilers are coming.

So to sum it all up, it shouldn't have really been posted in the first place, but uh a spoiler tag is probably a good idea.

My point is, this forum is for discussing the game, so people know that they could bump into spoilers, since "What We Deserve" was released

• I was just thinking about this, but uh all of the assault rifles in the game are AK-47s. Ever since they were introduced in A House Divided, they've shown up, a lot. It's kind of bothersome, I would appreciate some more gun variety (like Carver's derringer), because every pistol being a Glock 17, despite being really really common, is kind of boring. It's one of the things I think the TV show is better than the game is that the show has a lot larger variety.

edited May 2016

To be fair, there are some other handgun types they occasionally use; a beretta or revolver, usually. But yeah, more variation would be good. Like you mentioned, the glock being so common makes sense, but everyone having AKs is a bit weird, to say the least. Throw in an m4 or ar-15 or something. Maybe some SMGs, like an mp5 or uzi.

But hey, at least we got a double-barreled shotgun out of the miniseries, that's pretty cool

I was just thinking about this, but uh all of the assault rifles in the game are AK-47s. Ever since they were introduced in A House Divided,

• Yeah I was thinking the same too. It's always the same handguns and rifles.

I was just thinking about this, but uh all of the assault rifles in the game are AK-47s. Ever since they were introduced in A House Divided,

edited May 2016

Interestingly enough, there's actually five different types of rifles; the standard one that's used throughout the series by most characters (Kenny, Lee, Nick, Carlos), the Charlotte variant used by Danny (and Lee in episode 3) which has a scope and name plate, a third type with a scope that Lilly uses in episode 3, an M14 that Matthew uses, and a fifth variant that Gabby uses in the miniseries.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Yeah I was thinking the same too. It's always the same handguns and rifles.

• but everyone having AKs is a bit weird, to say the least.

Vitali and Buricko (since we had switchero) having AKs and being Russians and all doesn't help if you ask me.

But hey, at least we got a double-barreled shotgun out of the miniseries, that's pretty cool

Yeah, for poor Rich. It was definitely a nice change of design, like with the flare gun.

To be fair, there are some other handgun types they occasionally use; a beretta or revolver, usually. But yeah, more variation would be good

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

like with the flare gun.

I don't know if we'll ever get a better kill than that, I wish it wasn't determinant.

but everyone having AKs is a bit weird, to say the least. Vitali and Buricko (since we had switchero) having AKs and being Russians

• Did you not get it your first time?

dojo32161 posted: »

like with the flare gun. I don't know if we'll ever get a better kill than that, I wish it wasn't determinant.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.