The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Literally every person ever. Why? Did you lose someone?

Does anyone on these forums have...a dead relative?

• Yeah. I was 3 when it happened, though.

Literally every person ever. Why? Did you lose someone?

• If anyone's been to the abusive parent thread, you'd know what I'm gonna say.

Literally every person ever. Why? Did you lose someone?

• 5 years since my Nan died. Unbelievable how fast time has gone...

• It's been...damn near 15 years since my brother died. Feels like forever ago.

5 years since my Nan died. Unbelievable how fast time has gone...

• I was making pizza and cut my finger open. Hahahah...I should've ordered fucking take out.

It's fine now but motherfucker, it sucked in the moment.

• edited June 2016

I am sick and tired of always being a social outcast. I've always been one all my life. I have never fit in anywhere.

Even when my social skills were much much better than what they are now, it was still the same old story.

And I completely understand that not everybody cliques with one another. And nobody fits in with every single person that they meet. But as I already said, I have never fit in anywhere - period.

So what is the solution - when the outcome is always the same?

• Ouch!

I was making pizza and cut my finger open. Hahahah...I should've ordered fucking take out. It's fine now but motherfucker, it sucked in the moment.

• Start living your own life, do what you want to do. You can't spend your life worrying about being someone else.

I never go out, I never liked it so I don't, i'm not doing things to please other people, I do it for myself.

Until you change your mentality and outlook instead of looking too far forward you will stay an 'outcast'

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I am sick and tired of always being a social outcast. I've always been one all my life. I have never fit in anywhere. Even when my social

• I can understand how you feel. I get worried and panicked pretty easily, and I can't force myself not to care what people at school think, so interacting with people that I'm not close with are a nightmare. I don't like talking about myself in real life or sharing my opinions because I hate being judged.

If you haven't tried it already, then maybe you could try and branch out to some other online forums. Granted, I can understand if you'd want to meet people in real life instead, but meeting people on other forums could be a temporary answer. Quite a lot of forums out there are focused on particular areas of discussion or particular hobbies, so you might have an easier time finding a forum that focuses on the things you like to discuss.

For all it's faults, the internet is a great way to talk and share ideas.

I am sick and tired of always being a social outcast. I've always been one all my life. I have never fit in anywhere. Even when my social

• And again, why would anyone want to remember that? Some memories are better left buried, everyone's lost someone.

Does anyone on these forums have...a dead relative?

• I feel you.. I feel as if I am not interesting enough to be in any kind of clique. I believe I can get good enough with everyone if I want to but....it is just that.

Maybe it all end the same because you overthink it ; "Will I fit in now? Do they like me? Am I boring? What do they think of me?". Maybe some kind of solution is to let people have their opinions, they think you are good or not, and you stay yourself no matter what they think because frankly, you cannot control someone's thoughts.

From what I've seen, the person who is always positive, funny, talkative, shares all kind ofpast experiences, attracts a lot of people. I am not saying you should become like that, you create your own self, although the thing I've always wanted is people to actually care about me. Are you in college? Have a job?

• Nothing worse than the cuts from really sharp knives. Those fuckers make me queasy..

I was making pizza and cut my finger open. Hahahah...I should've ordered fucking take out. It's fine now but motherfucker, it sucked in the moment.

• Yeah, it hurt in the moment I tell you.

Ouch!

• I always try to be careful, slipped up sadly.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Nothing worse than the cuts from really sharp knives. Those fuckers make me queasy..

• I'm over 21. Past college age. Not gonna say how old I am exactly.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I feel you.. I feel as if I am not interesting enough to be in any kind of clique. I believe I can get good enough with everyone if I want t

• I know this is nothing compared to what other people on this thread are going through... But I tried to lift a snail with a branch on to a tree so it could be safe, and accidentally ripped it's face off

I don't know why but I think this adds to the reasons I'm probably going to hell

• Road to hell is paved with good intentions, amirite?

I'm sorry. If it helps, at least it didn't suffer.

I know this is nothing compared to what other people on this thread are going through... But I tried to lift a snail with a branch on to a t

• edited June 2016

Did you cry?

I once had a 50 LBS sink drop on the tip of my third finger. Got a huge pot nail as a reult, but interestingly didn't lode the nail, or had any other damage to my finger.

But at the time it hurt like hell. I was 16 at the time, but I ended up crying like a 5 year old kid!

And a couple of years ago, I accidentally had a Swiss Army Knife fold on my index finger - cut it right down to the bone. No nerve damage - but damn it hurt like a bitch!

Yeah, it hurt in the moment I tell you.

• Fucking heatwaves.

• No, after everything settled it wasn't that bad, it got my finger but nothing down to the bone luckily, I thought I got the entire top of my thumb but it was pretty fine.

I didn't cry but I said fuck...a lot.

Did you cry? I once had a 50 LBS sink drop on the tip of my third finger. Got a huge pot nail as a reult, but interestingly didn't lode t

• Why do you think your social skills are worse now than they used to be? Did something change? Did everyone else change and what used to work doesn't anymore? Or do you just not try anymore?

• So no school anymore. Maybe you should volunteer somewhere, doing some charity,that could help you relax a bit and help a lot of people at the same time. Use your passions to do something.

Are your social skills worse now because of lack of confidence?

I'm over 21. Past college age. Not gonna say how old I am exactly.

• I see, because if you did cry, I was going to offer you a tissue.

No, after everything settled it wasn't that bad, it got my finger but nothing down to the bone luckily, I thought I got the entire top of my thumb but it was pretty fine. I didn't cry but I said fuck...a lot.

• Perhaps to agree, but I would say more so because quite frankly I haven't been getting out as much I previously had been.

Now without saying too much, I realize that the reason for not doing so is my fault.

But for the most part, people are just simply not drawn to me.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

So no school anymore. Maybe you should volunteer somewhere, doing some charity,that could help you relax a bit and help a lot of people at t

• Quite frankly, I haven't been getting out and using them, like I used too. But like I said earlier, even when my social skills were much better, people still just weren't overly drawn to me. Like I said they never have been.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Why do you think your social skills are worse now than they used to be? Did something change? Did everyone else change and what used to work doesn't anymore? Or do you just not try anymore?

• Meanwhile over here rain was pouring all day.

Fucking heatwaves.

• edited December 2021

I know this is nothing compared to what other people on this thread are going through... But I tried to lift a snail with a branch on to a t

• So is that massive moth that I brutally decapitated a few days ago

• Same... Where I live it's stopped now though

Meanwhile over here rain was pouring all day.

• edited June 2016

Still going here.

Edit: It's getting stronger ._.

Same... Where I live it's stopped now though

• Drawn to you. What kind of people are you drawn to? Whether we like it or not, we subconsciously 'judge' the other person, if they are worth our time or not, do we feel some kind of a respect towards them.

People are not drawn to me either, it is a sad fact of my life, still trying to figure out whether I can change that or not. I'd personally be drawn to a person that sees potential in everyone, can start a conversation with me because they simply want to, a person who doesn't let their anger and negative emotions out on others. That's the exact person I want to become.

Are you satisfied with your personality as it is currently? Have you accepted all your flaws or are you somehow trying to fix them? Do you want to stay the same or change? If yes, why do you want to change? I believe these are important questions for you and everyone.

Perhaps to agree, but I would say more so because quite frankly I haven't been getting out as much I previously had been. Now without say

• I feel ya. That's one of the main reasons why I hate summer. :I

Fucking heatwaves.

• It would have to be a lot worse to make me cry.

I see, because if you did cry, I was going to offer you a tissue.

• Goddamn Swiss Army knives man! Almost the same thing happened to me. The thing closed on my thumb, severed a vein and damaged the muscle.

Did you cry? I once had a 50 LBS sink drop on the tip of my third finger. Got a huge pot nail as a reult, but interestingly didn't lode t

• You clearly missed the sarcasm.

It would have to be a lot worse to make me cry.

• Oh shit! How is it now?

BigBlindMax posted: »

Goddamn Swiss Army knives man! Almost the same thing happened to me. The thing closed on my thumb, severed a vein and damaged the muscle.

• I noticed it, I just didn't really care.

You clearly missed the sarcasm.

• i'd swear it's a little stiffer and harder to move around than the other thumb, but it works fine. Mind you, it happened about 12 years ago.

Oh shit! How is it now?

• A heavy storm hit on Thursday and cut off the Internet and I still don't have it. I've missed many things like several livestreams I could take part in. I can't do anything on this piss mobile Internet.

I'm kinda angry.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.