Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• K,WellIDidntKnowThat!

Just kidding.

But I really didn't know that.

Deltino posted: »

I like the overly specific name of the second image Sam_after_killing_Randall_thus_saving_Michonne.png

• I mean I did say the thing about the picture and added the situation thing, but I guess my precautions didn't do anything.

Guess I skimmed over "situation" them. My apologies!

It's kind of interesting how this changed from the pre-release screenshots to the actual game.

Yeah, it is! I always wonder why these kind of stuff takes place.

The screenshot shows that the trade was supposed to take place during sunrise, and it would be a sunny day. However, only dawn was present,

• edited June 2016

Pretty sure our very own @BetterToSleep appears in the Letter Hacks for the latest issue of The Walking Dead.

• A though occurred to me; Clem and Kenny never got Rebecca or Alivin's last name, so they don't know AJ's last name and since he's a baby, neither does he. AJ has no last name. Not "it's never been mentioned" like most characters, nobody knows it.

• Yes, that is me! Thank you!

I do wonder sometimes, should I feel excited because my question was chosen among many others, or do they publish virtually everyone who writes to them?

Well, either way, I'm happy to be in every #155 print.

lupinb0y posted: »

Pretty sure our very own @BetterToSleep appears in the Letter Hacks for the latest issue of The Walking Dead.

• That's really cool!

Yeah you should definitely feel excited about it. They must get a whole bunch of letters I doubt they publish all of them.

Yes, that is me! Thank you! I do wonder sometimes, should I feel excited because my question was chosen among many others, or do they publish virtually everyone who writes to them? Well, either way, I'm happy to be in every #155 print.

• After Greg has already reanimated and was put down by Michonne in "In Too Deep," you might remember that the player has to press a button to punch Zachary across the face. The latter's revolver will then drop on the floor of metal bars, and Samantha picks it up, before proceeding to aim it at him.

However, you might not know that the situation, while subtle, plays out very differently if you do not press the button. Here is a little pictorial list showing what happens.

Zachary runs into his room anxiously, looking around.

Zackary anxious

Michonne hesitates to punch Zachary, and instead looks at him wondering what he is up to.

Michonne doubtful

Zachary reaches for something on his back—he is left-handed.

Zachaey thinking

Zachary quickly aims at Michonne. He is visibly shocked at what he is about to do.

Zachary pulls a gun

Sam intervenes, putting her hand on the revolver. Zachary is still confused.

Sam intervenes

Zachary realizes that he has lost control over the gun as Sam snatches it.

Sam snatches gun from Zachary

Sam, infuriated, aims at Zachary. The scene continues as usual.

Sam aims at Zachary

• Wow and here I thought he came back in to help us. That is a crazy detail with many implications.

After Greg has already reanimated and was put down by Michonne in "In Too Deep," you might remember that the player has to press a button to

• I know, right? I'm scratching my head, too.

Wow and here I thought he came back in to help us. That is a crazy detail with many implications.

• I'm going to venture a guess and assume that Randall told him to clean up the loose ends...

I know, right? I'm scratching my head, too.

• Telltale confimed it check the wiki

How do you know if he was or not?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Maybe he just got freaked out, and did the one thing that came to mind: pull out his gun.

I mean, the guy walks in, sees Greg dead on the floor, and notices Michonne and Sam got out of their restraints. Maybe he got worried that they were planning on jumping him or something, I dunno.

Wow and here I thought he came back in to help us. That is a crazy detail with many implications.

• Yea it is hard to know for sure. It was a really stressful and f'ed up situation.

Maybe he just got freaked out, and did the one thing that came to mind: pull out his gun. I mean, the guy walks in, sees Greg dead on the

• Goddammit...I should have killed him.

After Greg has already reanimated and was put down by Michonne in "In Too Deep," you might remember that the player has to press a button to

• I love Zachary's face, like... "Now... what do I have to do? Er... so I should maybe shoot you?"

• Why?

Goddammit...I should have killed him.

edited June 2016

There's an unused model of a baby from Monroe, BabyCrabber (Crabber is the generic term used for Monroe colonists). If you don't feel bad enough about burning the place down, there's that.

Oh yeah, and for the longest time, there are two characters whose names we've had the wrong way around. Clyde and Bennett. The two prison guards from Vince's story in 400 Days.

Currently, the wiki lists Clyde as the fat guard, and Bennett as the driver. It's actually the other way around. Bennett is the fat one, and Clyde is the driver. If you listen closely when Marcus starts to strangle Jerry, you can hear the driver/Clyde saying "Bennett, cool those goddamn fools down!"

I'd edit the wiki, but they'd probably just revert it and refuse to listen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• edited June 2016

What? I thought you..... I think he was just scared because he saw Michonne with her hands untied.

Goddammit...I should have killed him.

• I was joking.

AronDracula posted: »

What? I thought you..... I think he was just scared because he saw Michonne with her hands untied.

• I was kidding.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why?

• Those damn wiki people!

enter image description here

There's an unused model of a baby from Monroe, BabyCrabber (Crabber is the generic term used for Monroe colonists). If you don't feel bad en

• edited June 2016

There's an unused model of a baby from Monroe, BabyCrabber (Crabber is the generic term used for Monroe colonists). If you don't feel bad enough about burning the place down, there's that.

I know that unused content aren't necessarily canon to the story, but...damn. A baby likely died in the fire, just because the heroes had to ignite the entire community while they were trying to escape...

There's an unused model of a baby from Monroe, BabyCrabber (Crabber is the generic term used for Monroe colonists). If you don't feel bad en

• So that's what happened to Mike and the Children

RichWalk23 posted: »

Maybe they just thought that was a little too dark for the story they were trying to tell, and canned it. I mean, it's a bad enough situation as it is, burning down a community and all, but throwing a baby into the mix would probably muddy the waters of morality a bit too much. Or maybe not. I dunno.

• edited June 2016

It depends on whether the story was originally going to outright shows a dead baby in the massacre, or end up implying that the baby did not make it out alive after Monroe fell. I'd imagine that the episode would have a hard time being officially released without upsetting the censorship folks either way.

Besides, there's making an appropriately dark moment in a black-and-grey universe to show that the 'heroes' aren't necessarily kind people, and then there's leaving a foul taste in the audience's mouths that makes us feel that the moment were both unnecessary and off-putting, which I imagine is why the baby didn't show up in the final product.

Maybe they just thought that was a little too dark for the story they were trying to tell, and canned it. I mean, it's a bad enough situatio

• There's an unused model of a baby from Monroe, BabyCrabber (Crabber is the generic term used for Monroe colonists). If you don't feel bad enough about burning the place down, there's that.

And I thought that Michonne's actions and their outcome on Monroe couldn't get any worse, you burst in with this new information.

• The baby, children, and adult deaths should've been adressed by Norma when she explains how Monroe burned and sank in "Give No Shelter," in my opinion. I certainly would've liked to see how Sam would've reacted to that, seeing how she said that all of the Monrovians are not good people, and she has a small brother of her own.

Like, you know, sympathize with Norma for once, Sam.

It depends on whether the story was originally going to outright shows a dead baby in the massacre, or end up implying that the baby did not

• That is a pretty sweet title indeed!

Bokor posted: »

Better to Sleep is a much more ominous and original title than the generic No Going Back.

• I think we should start a new thread in the same vein for new(er) people (like me), who are daunted by 177 pages to read! At this point who knows whether something has already been mentioned here? .........Thoughts?

• Haha sounds good but the mods tend to merge similar threads to stop spam and repeated topics, so I doubt they'd allow it, but I feel bad for you having to read all 177 pages

I think we should start a new thread in the same vein for new(er) people (like me), who are daunted by 177 pages to read! At this point who knows whether something has already been mentioned here? .........Thoughts?

• I'll tell you—going over this entire thread is a pain in the ass.

Wh-- whu-- what? No, I-- no, that's insane.

I think we should start a new thread in the same vein for new(er) people (like me), who are daunted by 177 pages to read! At this point who knows whether something has already been mentioned here? .........Thoughts?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

.........Thoughts?

Sounds pretty unnecessary, I don't think anyone minds repeated info so long as it isn't too close to the same info (the Bonnie drowned fiasco for example).

• If yo dont brake the ice bonny die, Dojo!

dojo32161 posted: »

.........Thoughts? Sounds pretty unnecessary, I don't think anyone minds repeated info so long as it isn't too close to the same info (the Bonnie drowned fiasco for example).

• It makes curious to how much content was cut from the final game.

I mean a Rashid/Vanessa plotline was cut, a few other characters, models, etc.

I imagine if they kept some of this stuff in, they might have been able to get like a half hour of stuff in the game. It might have been nice to have Rashid and or Vanessa death in the firefight (no pun intended) in What We Deserve, because the only people on our side who died were either not killed by gunfire or were executed, defenseless.

Yet again, if I were making the Michonne series, I'd would have probably made all the episodes longer anyway, but that's irrelevant.

• I have read that some people speculate "Not Again" to be about Kenny losing someone he loves again

I didnt recal hearing this so I looked up the video. For anyone else in case you're wondering.... Skip to 1:00 and watch it from there. enter link description here

• Oh Dude. Poor Ben :( Not even Carl, bro. Nobody should lose to Carl.

Ben died a virgin.

• Ya, but I don't want to miss anything cool. Skimming through every 10th page or so, I saw some of the characters had different designs/and or names originally, for example.

• I honestly didn't know that was even an option the first time I played. Lol I tried so hard to save Luke. :-(

If yo dont brake the ice bonny die, Dojo!

• I mentioned this a while ago after i discovered it myself but a fact people may not know about is that you are able to talk to Katjaa in the barn after distracting Andy where as before you couldn't. Found that interesting

Sign in to comment in this discussion.