Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• There was an uncut plan for the end of episode 1(s2) that would involve both Luke and Alvin going down to the water front along with Nick and Pete, and you would have to choose between which one person to choose to go to.

Deltino posted: »

My favorite is the Nick and Pete choice in episode 1 60% of people went with Pete True American Peteriots unite

• Telltale Games uses the same soundtrack when the group discovers Pete's devoured corpse behind a boulder in "A House Divided," when Clementine says goodbye to Alvin in "In Harm's Way," and when Samantha tells Michonne that Randall supposedly murdered the ferry scavengers in "In Too Deep."

Soundtrack

In my opinion, it is a powerful score. They should totally reuse it in Season Three.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2016

Pretty much all of the emotional/sad tracks in the series are phenomenal, if you ask me

I still think my recent favorite emotional track would be Paige's theme in the miniseries. There is something so somber and melancholic about that track. For example, having that track play when you read the suicide note makes it all the more powerful of a scene. I'd consider that more of the theme for Sam's family than I would Paige, honestly. It goes so well with the situation her family's in.

Telltale Games uses the same soundtrack when the group discovers Pete's devoured corpse behind a boulder in "A House Divided," when Clementi

• edited July 2016

I agree with you twice there.

Jared Emerson-Johnson is a fantastic composer. We are lucky that he has teamed up with Telltale Games in order to exponentially enhance the experience for us. In one interview, an employee described that he could just walk Jared into a room, describe a scene to him, and Jared would be back a few days later with four or five different soundtracks. The employee said that he was sad not to be able to use them all.

I think I've said it before, but I also liked Paige's theme. It did seem to fit Sophia's letter, though I like it more as Paige's personal score. I believe it fits her background, and her own character.

Now that we are on the details thread, I have another one.

Michonne reads Sophia's suicide letter—which, by the way, was hidden inside a drawer—aloud, with Paige only a few feet away. This means that Paige listened to her snooping around the Fairbanks's stuff, but decided not to not to say anything, or at the very least confront her about it.

Michonne: John.

Paige: Walks in.

Michonne: Take care of our children, and take care of yourself.

Paige: What the hell are you doing?

Michonne: I'm… sorry. I know it doesn't help, or expla--

Paige: Snatches letter.

Michonne: I remember getting my law degree.

Paige: Pete! You better get up here!

Pretty much all of the emotional/sad tracks in the series are phenomenal, if you ask me I still think my recent favorite emotional track

• Seriously, the original story could NOT have been worse than Amid the Ruins was

How 'bout that unknown original season 2 story line?

• A-IBRAHIM0702A-IBRAHIM0702 Banned
    edited July 2016

Everything collected from the gunfight scene at the end of S2 E4 and the beginning of S2 E5

• Buricko never did shoot at our group's general direction.

• Buricko and Vitali took a break to exchange weapons.

• AJ, who was lying on Rebecca's corpse's lap, flew ten feet and landed onto the ground.

• Mike was shot by an unseen sniper, since Natasha was dead, Arvo was performing chest compressions on her, a wounded Buricko was shooting at Luke, and Vitali was exchanging stray shots with Kenny.

• Buricko was shooting with a shotgun at Luke with one fucking arm.

• Luke says that it is a bad idea to let Buricko waste his ammunition.

Credits to @BetterToSleep

• Actually Buricko was supossed to be Vitali. It's an episode 4 bug. Even in their "Secret Script" says that.

Everything collected from the gunfight scene at the end of S2 E4 and the beginning of S2 E5 * Buricko never did shoot at our group's ge

• edited July 2016

Luke says that it is a bad idea to let Buricko waste his ammunition.

...What? Wouldn't letting the enemy shooting at him and wasting ammunition be a good thing?

Even if Luke was more concerned about stealing ammunition from his corpse after the fight, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, since the group never takes anything from them.

Everything collected from the gunfight scene at the end of S2 E4 and the beginning of S2 E5 * Buricko never did shoot at our group's ge

• edited July 2016

If you choose to do nothing at the scene when we trying to stop the train(silence and dont trying to talk to Kenny for the 2nd time).kenny pushes you out of his place and when you come back to clementine, Lee will se that everyone is dead,and duck pushes lee out of the train.

edited July 2016
    edited July 2016

If you choose to do nothing when Rebecca is about to eat AJ, Bonnie yells and Kenny shoots Rebecca.

Similarly, if you choose not to warn Kenny when the walker is about to pounce on him (right before the frozen lake), Bonnie alerts him and if you don't shoot it to save him, he shoots it himself. Whats funny in this scene is that when the walker is trying to eat Kenny, Arvo just stands there watching. If and only if he kicked it off him (since his hands were tied) Kenny might have eased up on him. MIGHT

• edited July 2016

Same feel, man. I can't believe people don't realise that he is such a liability and stupid. Maybe even worse than Ben. Just saying.

since the group never takes anything from them.

Tehnically, Kenny takes Vitali's gun and gives it to Luke.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Luke says that it is a bad idea to let Buricko waste his ammunition. ...What? Wouldn't letting the enemy shooting at him and wasting

• Technically, Kenny takes Vitali's gun and gives it to Luke.

It's been a while, so I didn't remember that part. It was that AK that was originally his shotgun at the EP4 cliffhanger, right?

Who was shooting at Luke again? Was it Vitali or Buricko?

AronDracula posted: »

Same feel, man. I can't believe people don't realise that he is such a liability and stupid. Maybe even worse than Ben. Just saying. s

• edited July 2016

Buricko was shooting at Luke and Vitali at Kenny. When Luke tried to take cover, Vitali shot him in his leg

Technically, Kenny takes Vitali's gun and gives it to Luke. It's been a while, so I didn't remember that part. It was that AK that w

• And if I remember this right, Buricko was holding a shotgun at the time.

Unless Luke was planning on taking Buricko's shotgun, which the group apparently never did after the shootout, I don't understand why letting Buricko run out of ammunition is supposed to be a bad thing from Luke's point of view.

AronDracula posted: »

Buricko was shooting at Luke and Vitali at Kenny. When Luke tried to take cover, Vitali shot him in his leg

• Because plot. He has to get shot somehow.

At that point he's not even making sense.

And if I remember this right, Buricko was holding a shotgun at the time. Unless Luke was planning on taking Buricko's shotgun, which the

• Wait, wait, wait, hold on.

If Michael Ark, who voiced Arvo, said that he also portrayed Vitali, did he portray Vitali in "Amid The Ruins" and Buricko in "No Going Back," or did he portray Buricko in "Amid The Ruins" and Vitali in "No Going Back?" The question translates to whether he portrayed the survivor with the shotgun or the one with the assault rifle.

And the winner of "Major Telltale Screw-Up of 2014" is…

…Buricko and Vitali's animators!

Actually Buricko was supossed to be Vitali. It's an episode 4 bug. Even in their "Secret Script" says that.

• The soundtrack that currently plays for the Amid The Ruins slide is actually Jolene's theme, which plays when Lee and Danny discover Jolene's camp in Starved For Help in season 1. enter link description here

This track is actually a remixed version of this, which plays when Lee is outside the drugstore during the night, and after Lily shoots Carley/Doug.

enter link description here

• Er, did Michonne ever actually say Pete's name around Paige by that point? (Is this the "Michonne knows Paige's name without anyone saying it" incident again?)

I agree with you twice there. Jared Emerson-Johnson is a fantastic composer. We are lucky that he has teamed up with Telltale Games in or

• I think he voiced Vitali in both episodes. At the very least, I know Arvo's Russian is spoken with a very good accent and Buricko's...isn't.

Wait, wait, wait, hold on. If Michael Ark, who voiced Arvo, said that he also portrayed Vitali, did he portray Vitali in "Amid The Ruins"

• Ep4 was supposed to have something to do with some bandits.

But of course they were replaced with the Russian Gang.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

The soundtrack that currently plays for the Amid The Ruins slide is actually Jolene's theme, which plays when Lee and Danny discover Jolene'

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, when someone mentioned how Arvo's VA had a good Russian accent during the wait for episode 5 I figured he wouldn't be dying during or after the shootout, it's clear they went through the effort to get someone who knew Russian for Arvo.

I think he voiced Vitali in both episodes. At the very least, I know Arvo's Russian is spoken with a very good accent and Buricko's...isn't.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2016

Quite frankly, the whole gun fight is one big faux pas. I mean, I'll be the first guy to admit that I still really like NGB, but the gun fight... wasn't exactly handled too spectacularly. It's a shame, it was a good set-up for a cliffhanger and all, but seriously, it's like the people in charge of episode 5 didn't get the memo and just winged it. There just wasn't any cohesion from where it left off in episode 4. The only thing they got right is that episode 4 ended with people shooting at each other.

Because plot. He has to get shot somehow. At that point he's not even making sense.

• Perhaps Nick felt that J.T. Petty wrote him into a corner. People on Clem's side looked like they should have died at the end of ep. 4. Nick probably didn't want that and he also didn't follow through on other stuff J.T. wrote like the town. So fade to black, do a tiny time skip, and shuffle everyone around. That would be my guess anyway.

Quite frankly, the whole gun fight is one big faux pas. I mean, I'll be the first guy to admit that I still really like NGB, but the gun fig

• Everything about the shoot out scene was awfully written. In reality, once Buricko fires the gun, you'd assume the others would shoot back (as they probably did) but realistically they would have all killed each other in the crossfire or seriously injured if somehow survived. Not a graze on your arm (Mike) or only a shot leg (Luke). I'd say if they were all standing next to something that would cover them then yes that would make more sense.

As i said, terrible, absolutely terrible written scene unfortunately

Because plot. He has to get shot somehow. At that point he's not even making sense.

• I just feel that the end of episode four should have been spaced out more. I mean the characters should have been spaced out in the entirety of the field, (They were in a specific corner of the field), and there should be actual rubble and ruins to provide cover. I agree, it's like all their guns jammed at the exact moment of the end of episode 4, and they all jumped for cover.

It would make for a much better and intense shooter fight, and would be interesting if the writer of episode 5 tried to make the fight into a difficult puzzle to solve. (Like Clem pulling together resources and/or strategies to eliminate the enemies.)
    The cliffhanger for the firefight was great, the actual execution was drastically underwhelming.

dan290786 posted: »

Everything about the shoot out scene was awfully written. In reality, once Buricko fires the gun, you'd assume the others would shoot back (

• I always thought it was some cult group that was supposed to appear. Maybe the leader would've been Eddie? Idk, that slide and the actual episode don't add up.

Ep4 was supposed to have something to do with some bandits. But of course they were replaced with the Russian Gang.

• The "Sandra, this is Diana, we're still on Savannah." line rhymes well.

• There was a video that made an interesting point. Red face paint is the color of war among many tribes, so the thumbnail may not have been literal, but rather symbolical. Symbolizing that Clem's group was going to go at war with another group, (Which the other group was probably replaced by the Russians)

I always thought it was some cult group that was supposed to appear. Maybe the leader would've been Eddie? Idk, that slide and the actual episode don't add up.

• edited July 2016

I always wondered about the background for that episode, why Clem was putting blood on her face. I can see that symbolism it also symbolizes her role as a leader of the tribe/group.

There was a video that made an interesting point. Red face paint is the color of war among many tribes, so the thumbnail may not have been l

• edited July 2016

Either way, the slide had nothing to do with the episode, it didn't add up.

There was a video that made an interesting point. Red face paint is the color of war among many tribes, so the thumbnail may not have been l

• Also, we never get to know who Marietta is :/

Chusets posted: »

The "Sandra, this is Diana, we're still on Savannah." line rhymes well.

• edited July 2016

aq

Also, we never get to know who Marietta is

• @Murmle22 solved that one.

Also, we never get to know who Marietta is

• Thank you mate.

Murmle22 posted: »

aq

• edited July 2016

wut?

Edit: Ahhh, whatever. But still, why did Diana told Sandra to take Clem to Marietta? did she had a friend or sibling there that would look after her?

Chusets posted: »

@Murmle22 solved that one.

• Probably some relative, like an uncle or something, in fact, Diana says "Just leave the city and take Clementine BACK with you to Marietta." So I am thinking Sandra lived there and Diana wanted the babysitter to take the girl with her to her house.

wut? Edit: Ahhh, whatever. But still, why did Diana told Sandra to take Clem to Marietta? did she had a friend or sibling there that would look after her?

• To elaborate on the possible story line. What if, for the conflict war in the episode, the characters which did not leave the camp in 400 days, came and met Clementine's group, and they teamed up. Then the remnants of Carver's group would go on and chase Clem's group and encounter the 400 days leftover group as well.

That way the conflict would stop with each side recognizing each other, (If some of your group stayed behind.)

So let's build the situation:

Clementine's group meets the remnant survivors of the 400 days group, all 4 of them if you did not convince any of the 4 determinant ones

• Fight with Remnant Carver group
    • Either you win the small war, or something happens that causes the war to end, either peacefully or not.
    • The whole of the 400 days crew carries on to episode 5 and plays a new role that changes the story of episode 5 and adds on another hour of game-play.

Clementine's group meets some remnants of the 400 days group, (1-3 of the survivors, (Shel and Becca count as one inseparable pair))

• Fight with the Remnant Carver group
    • Each 400 days characters sides recognize each other on opposite sides of the conflict, and convince each side to have peace
    • I'm curious how members of either group which are not the 400 days characters would accept peace with each other
    • Larger whole Combined Carver-400 days-Clementine group go through to episode 5 and play a very interesting role, adding on an hour and a half of gameplay and story developement

Clementine does not encounter any 400 days characters because they all left the camp at the end of 400 days

• Fight with Remnant Carver group
    • The 400 days characters in Carver's group recognizes Bonnie and both sides convince each other for peace or something happens to cause peace
    • Larger whole Combined Carver-400 days-Clementine group go through to episode 5 and play a very interesting role, adding on an hour and a half of game-play and story development
    • I'm curious how members of either group which are not the 400 days characters would accept peace with each other

Yeah, that's how I imagine that the whole "Bonnie coming to Carver's group indeterminately", and how the 400 days characters could have been integrated into season 2.

It would be amazing for the three scenarios in terms of variation and story changing. Although I'm not sure what the massive group would do in episode 5, or I mean, episode 4, That gift shop isn't big enough for 20 + people to be there. Unless if it's just (Tavia + Hank/Someotherguardperson) along with the 400 days crew.

Either way, the slide had nothing to do with the episode, it didn't add up.

• BAM! Already a better concept then what we ended up with! Good job!

To elaborate on the possible story line. What if, for the conflict war in the episode, the characters which did not leave the camp in 400 da

• I think the reason why Telltale hasn't had many good outcomes for choices in TWD universe other than the season 2 endings is because the way impact-ful choices work in TWD.

For example, if you save a character over another character then lets say this:

• Save Character 1
    • Character 1 ends up saving Character 3
    • Save Character 2
    • Character 2 ends up not saving Character 3
    • You cannot save Character 3, instead you need character 1 to save him/her

Problem is, most people will either like or hate character 3. But if they all like Character 3, then most people will end up choosing to save Character 1. In a perfect world for Telltale, they would make the decisions split 50/50 for the statistics. But balancing story impact-ment with half-split statistic decision data is difficult in dealing with character deaths, which is, one of the biggest dynamics in producing and developing the characters in TWD.

Or maybe it's just they don't think they have the time to animate it or the man-power, which I believe they definitely do.

But hey, Telltale has a good chance to redeem themselves, and the 400 days characters might survive into season 3, who knows except the Telltale team itself.

BAM! Already a better concept then what we ended up with! Good job!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.