The White Pumpkin's Trap

So The White Pumpkin aka Cassie Rose was trapped on that dirt platform above all those Endermites, yes? I was thinking about this and realized that she can easily escape and go through their portal. All she would have to do is mine the dirt blocks on one end of the platform and carefully place them on the other side over and over again until she reached the doors. Then, she could just mine all but one block (for her to stand on) and make stairs up to the portal and escape. I think TellTale should have made that platform stone or something because it looks like she doesn't have a pickaxe. Just wanted to point this out

As always, sorry if someone made a post about this/talked about this already.

Comments

• That is a really good point....um, looks like her "Death Trap" was more of a "Mildly Annoying to get out of but still able to come out alive trap." Or a " Really frustrating but not very harmful" trap.

• She remembers if you are good ti her or Not sooooo...

• Yes I've been telling my friends how she can escape and you thought exactly like me.

• What if she has blocks like dirt and cobble

• She can use those to escape, too

What if she has blocks like dirt and cobble

• Anyway only maximum of 15 days we get to see what really will happen. Also I have a theory that what if Cassie comes to our world

She can use those to escape, too

• I was thinking about this too, because everyone is set on the idea that she will either die or be trapped on the blocks forever. Let's talk worst case scenario: specifically hunger, tools, and the Episode 6 Order.

Hunger exists in this world (as expected), and this is evidenced by Lukas' complaints in the first episode and the starving man in episode 5; however hunger could only be depleted for Cassie by mining blocks, jumping, sprinting, sneaking, regenerating health, taking damage, attacking, or walking. She does not exhibit signs of hunger when she is in the pit, so as long as she doesn't move she will not die of hunger; like falling into the endermite pit, any movement would be suicide.

In Story Mode, characters are very bad at carrying basic supplies such as extra blocks, water buckets, and pickaxes, so it is safe to assume that she may not have a pickaxe on her. She could be lying, however; seeing herself outnumbered and outmatched, she could choose to wait until Jesse & co. leave and use an ender pearl or a pickaxe to get out of the pit and go through the portal after them. This seems unlikely though since her character has her emotions dictate her actions (she incriminates herself the moment Stampy pulls put the flint and steel). Seeing the flint and steel get away or losing her cat would make her act rash, but her lack of action implies that she is telling the truth.

So she can survive forever in the pit, but tools are a no-go. Hope seems lost, but the optimist in me still sees an escape route: the NEW New Order, Stampy, Stacy, and Dan/Lizzie. They were last seen walking back home, flint and steel in hand. They have the object of their desires, and they will explore other worlds at some point. They will find the real portal and also find Cassie in the pit, with Winslow either looking down at her longingly or sitting by her. I believe that they will help her out of the pit, because when they believed her dead in the sand trap, Stampy and Dan/Lizzie wanted to help her. Stacy would be outnumbered and they will help her out of the pit (after some deliberation and making sure that she drops the enchanted axe). What happens after, I wouldn't be too sure; would they take her on adventures to other worlds or condemn her to the two moon world?

Sorry for making you guys read this stuff for ten minutes.

• Ok so I was just typing thanks for writing all that because it's good to see people writing stuff like that on one of MY threads and you have very good points here but I just realized that if they decide to go to new worlds, that pit by the fake portal leads to the dirt platform. Sure, the lights are on down there, but maybe Cassie replaced the blocks that fell when Jesse tried to light the fake portal (it WAS very dark down there at first) so the YouTubers wouldn't come to their rescue if they suddenly came back to say goodbye again for whatever reason. That way, if the YouTube crew went to leave their worlds, THEY would fall down the hole and most likely land on the dirt platform, which is small so it's possible that people could fall into the pit!

Even if Cassie never did replace those blocks, it's still a very long fall so they could have trouble seeing all the way down. What do you think about this?

Cendre posted: »

I was thinking about this too, because everyone is set on the idea that she will either die or be trapped on the blocks forever. Let's talk

• Haha thanks, I was thinking about it the other day and figured I would share my thoughts of there was an active discussion about it. Funny how whenever I am inspired to contribute my ideas, it's on your threads; it's tough to keep a discussion going when the target market includes such a young, vocal group.

You bring up good points; when I was typing last night I didn't really consider how they would get down or how long it would take. I figured, 'hey, they'll just jump down and see her,' but I never considered the possibility of her blocking the real portal, that's a good catch. I would say that her position when she talks to Jesse & co. would mean that she couldn't have had the time to replace the blocks, but at the time she still had ender pearls, so covering the hole is a possibility. I have to wonder though, would she have the foresight to reset her trap, when she knows the only people who fall in have the flint and steel? It is hard to say, but the dark room implies that it could be closed, and she was paranoid enough to have a decoy and a room full of traps; we can continue under this assumption.

So the New Order is finally geared up and prepared to explore other worlds, but they activate the decoy and fall down the pit. It would be tough to see the bottom with such a long fall, but the lights are on and there were multiple platforms they could see and try to land on (and take some fall damage, but it wouldn't be as bad a fall as Jesse's). Though, the fall is not as long as the fall from Sky City, so it's doubtful to me that even one would avoid the dirt platform. They all could very well land on the dirt platform, but it does have an eight block area; with the lights on, Cassie could see them coming and move out of the way of the trio.

The possibility of someone falling off would still be there, but I think it would be more due to Cassie shoving someone off in a fit of rage over landing on the dirt; we can only hope that they could deescalate the situation.

Now that I think about it, Cassie could dig the dirt and try to escape with a bridge... How would the Youtube Order escape that one? Hopefully she resets the trap in that case, given that the real portal needs to be relit.

Ok so I was just typing thanks for writing all that because it's good to see people writing stuff like that on one of MY threads and you hav

• Yeah so basically I'm just wondering what would become of them if this happened. Would the everyone die? Would Stampy, Stacy and Lizzie/Dan take Cassie under their wings through the portal? (which I'm guessing is still lit because nobody was there to deactivate it after the Order left) Would they leave TNT by the portal to prevent Cassie from following them? The world may never know

oh wait

I don't know why my brain skipped over the part where you mentioned the recycled bridge but it did

please disregard this comment

Haha thanks, I was thinking about it the other day and figured I would share my thoughts of there was an active discussion about it. Funny h

• edited July 2016

But this means that if Cassie DID do the bridge before they made it down there...

She can escape to other worlds, most likely going through the wrong portal and end up trapped in another world, going on another killing spree until she is able to find the portal hallway again, and going into a wrong portal until she gets home

It also means that the YouTubers are all dead

That happiness is dead

That the two-mooned world is an unexciting wasteland with no adventurers left (unless there are more)

That this is the most depressing episode yet

I should shut up now

Yeah so basically I'm just wondering what would become of them if this happened. Would the everyone die? Would Stampy, Stacy and Lizzie/Dan

• She's gonna escape all right. She was one of the Old Builders, remember? They're gonna unite all of them in Episode 8, probably, and they can't do that if one of them is dead or trapped forever.

• Well it wasn't ever confirmed that she was actually an Old Builder. But yeah I bet we'll meet them at some point

She's gonna escape all right. She was one of the Old Builders, remember? They're gonna unite all of them in Episode 8, probably, and they can't do that if one of them is dead or trapped forever.

• Haha it's all good (sorry for the late response btw). It seems like if she did escape that way, the Youtubers would be out of luck without blocks or ender pearls (a mistake even the New Order makes), unless the trap was left uncovered and they had the foresight to find another way down instead of just jumping. But I doubt they would appear again, let alone addressed again because the Youtubers felt like a one-time thing. I think Telltale wants is to assume they eventually do go on other adventures based on their dialogue, but they won't show up in the same portal as Jesse & co.

Cassie, on the other hand, I can see showing up again. I can't buy into the whole 'Old Builder' thing with her because she lacks the age and doesn't say anything that really clues me in. She's like Aiden; she could have heard some builders talking about the flint and steel and stole it, but lost it and got trapped. Or, I guess if she was among them, betrayed? She's been to the portal room before and knows about the flint and steel on each world, so I dunno. Either way, the Youtubers seem screwed. What are your thoughts on the whole 'Old Builder' thing?

Now I'm diving into speculation, but the whole portal to Sky City thing was confusing and could have been explained better (only one of four dialog choices even let the cast know that they are in another world). Wouldn't the portal have led them to the portal hallway before they went to another world? And it seems strange that the eversource would be something Ivor knew about, when it looks pretty inpossible for someone who reaches Sky City to leave (at least before they were forced to). Where fid these people even come from? Do they spawn like villagers in the game? Unless Soren's books turn out to be more than just an easter egg, which seems doubtful due to the single story nature of this adventure pack and the fact that some weird things in terms of dialog and direction are never well explained, nobody should have left Sky City. The exit portal was covered up, similar to how a Nether portal appears relative to where the obsidian in the overworld is lit, but where was the portal hallway? Why did Jesse show up entire chunks away from where Aiden was after entering the portal seconds after him? Is Sky City even another world?

Cassie doesn't know enough to be an Old Builder; even Ivor, the one researching them, doesn't understand how they or the portals work yet. I could be proven wrong, though. The series is still in progress, and a lot of questions could be answered (or we could be left with an epic cliffhanger and a short two year wait for another season). I can see Cassie coming back since she isn't a Youtuber, and I can argue for it. Still can't explain how she got there though.

Thoughts? I should probably stop for now, this is becoming a lengthy stream of consciousness.

But this means that if Cassie DID do the bridge before they made it down there... She can escape to other worlds, most likely going throu

• I was not ready for that

Anyway I agree with your opinions on the Cassie not being an Old Builder thing, I thought she was like Aidan as well

I myself wondered why the portal in Order Up led directly to Sky City instead of the portal hallway. I just think TTG cut out the possible portal hallway scene here for time reasons. Could be a plot related thing though, who knows? Also maybe Soren is a world-hopping author/architect/crazy person who stole an orange flint n steel (to match his hair) from the Old Builders and found out about the eversource (which I'm guessing was a gift to Isa from them) and wrote a book about it which Ivor read. (Leaves Sky City by finding the portal and covering it up) Just an idea

Yeah where did the citizens of Sky City come from? On that note, where do the people in ANY world come from? I'd rather not think about that

Something I don't think you mentioned was that there seems to be a ton of iron and gold blocks in Sky City. No mobs drop anything like that though, right? How in the many worlds did they even build the city?? Perhaps they had help from a legendary architect...

I was thinking that maybe (I say maybe too much) spawning in a new world after going through a portal is like spawn points in normal MC: there are several of them all in the same general area. Perhaps that's the case with Jesse and crew spawning chunks away from The Blaze Rods? ("Blaze Rods!")

Anyway thanks for keeping the conversation going I appreciate it. It's funny how it started with Cassie being able to escape and now we're questioning the very functions of the universe, haha

Haha it's all good (sorry for the late response btw). It seems like if she did escape that way, the Youtubers would be out of luck without b

• (Making a new comment, because the indented replies are hard to read on mobile when we write so much haha)

Instead of time I saw it as perhaps holding it off to make the reveal at the end of the episode more dramatic, if not for a plot related reason. Or perhaps plot convenience. Following the Blaze Rods would be much easier with only one portal to choose from. As a side note, I'm sorely dissapointed we didn't have a scene in the portal hallway before we got to the Youtube world. I was hoping for some character development, how they feel about such a hopeless turn, maybe relationships between the characters (Petra disliking Ivor for the wither sickness / amnesia, Lukas feeling perturbed and out of place), some comments reflecting previous choices, and chosing the portal (maybe the color would change the flint and steel color). Losing all of this potential for the bet joke made me wonder if the reason was a time constraint (I never understood why people were more inclined for shorter episodes. I'd happily wait longer to have a longer episode).

Soren portal hopping is more believable to me, but I also have to wonder how long he had his obsession with the endermen. It seems like he became interested in them after he was 'betrayed' by his old friends (I can understand Ivor, but what did the others do besides drift apart from him, anyways?) and chose to research them after the Order split. Ellegaard and Magnus say that he was odd after visiting his fortress prior to the events of Episode 1, so the behavior is relatively recent. But I could also see him portal hopping and doing light research in the past. Could also explain 'finding' the command block, they kinda brushed over that one, too.

Kinda glad they glossed over where they came from, but I try to think of it like individual mobs. The Minecraft world is like its own universe; it won't follow the logic we have on Earth. They can spawn from nothing under the right conditions, so maybe humans are the same way? I'm gonna spare you and stop haha. And with Sky City, it's basically skyblock, but the eversource is used to make the mobs more accessable. There are food drops from the animals and zombies rarely drop iron and gold ingots. Isa had to do a ton of grinding to build up that city, starting with water, lava, a tree, some dirt, and the eversource. The raw food is easy but inhumane to obtain, the tough part for feeding the entire city is the lack of charcoal (trees) and dirt (wheat seeds). The city was starving, but at least they had pretty buildings. Personally, when I first saw the slide for Episode 5, I thought there would be more elements of skyblock in it; I was hoping to survive the island with that little tree and four mouths to feed (and it would help them empathize more with Isa's side), but I got a huge hunk of dirt and no tree. Another missed opportunity, but I can see this one more being due to time constraints. It's made me not trust the episode slides, though. Anything could change at any time; skyblock did. These slides were made before the entire script was written, I'm expecting changes and possibly character death, but the slides don't give much away and I doubt they would pull a main cast death again.

What was the question? haha

Maybe you're right about the portal thing. That spawn point thing came to mind when I played the episode too. The real question is, why hasn't Isa build bridges to all of these clearly visible islands? Surely Sky City must get a bit stuffy! She could get some more dirt blocks.

Yeah I like having this conversation; it keeps me interested and I like hearing other people's thoughts on things that may seem unclear when playing a branching story (I do muliple playthroughs, but seeing the consequences of every action is difficult. The '_____ will remember this' feels like a placebo more than anything; you can be a terrible person to Lukas for the first four episodes, but still end on good terms with him after one choice). I'm just glad this discussion has much more substance than what I usually find people commenting on this forum; I just get on here when an episode is coming soon and read the laughable theories that hold no evidence. I can gladly pull up dialogue to defend any points I've made, even the speculations, but I will concede that their imaginations are more active than mine.

(Boy, am I glad there are no character limits that I know of; the question is, how many words does it take to turn people off?)

• About the sparklez trap, its only a coincidence that he died, because Dan killed him, instead of the white pumpkin, and when dan did press the button, all of that commotion went on, so cassie must have wanted to sit there, or else it wouldn't have happened

• edited July 2016

The last things I really have questions about are where Soren found his command block (could be in another world like you said), if Soren's really a world-hopper, the fate of the YouTubers and Cassie Rose, and basically everything that happens in eps 7 and 8 (obviously).

One thing I noticed in the Access Denied trailer was that PAMA's minions or whatever were building a world portal. Don't those come pre-loaded in every world? That sure is what eps 5 and 6 implied. If you can actually build a world portal, why did Cassie's fake one not work? This'll probably be explained in Access Denied I hope

Yeah it is pretty funny to read people's bad theories, and all of the BRING REUBEN BACK threads I see everywhere. I just think people should actually have evidence for their theories and not just throw it out there, but hey what are you gonna do

I also wish there was a scene in the portal hallway, maybe in ep 7?

Oh I just thought of the last thing I was thinking about. The final achievement/trophy name for Access Denied is called "Offline Mode" and A Journey's End has some like "Game the System" and "The Most Dangerous Game". Could we find out that this whole world is inside a game? I guess Offline Mode could be for shutting PAMA down but that doesn't really explain what happens in ep 8. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see

(Making a new comment, because the indented replies are hard to read on mobile when we write so much haha) Instead of time I saw it as pe

• Yeah I hope they tie up some of these loose ends before the season ends instead of just ignoring them all together. I noticed that bit in the trailer, too. Maybe someone who has knowledge like Ivor knows how to craft one? Nether portals have to be crafted, so they might have been crafted at some point, but with something extra like the enchantment on the flint and steel. Unless this universe's worlds come with preexisting portals and flint and steels; in that case we would have nothing to worry about with PAMA's plans. I don't remember if they said the old builders made the portals or not, I'll have to replay Episode 5.

A bit off topic here (not that this entire conversation hasn't been off topic from the original discussion haha), but I wonder how PAMA would take control in other worlds in the first place. The computer isn't very smart; if all of the worlds have portals in them, wouldn't searching for one be easier than crafting the portal and enchanted flint and steel? Also, the computer obviously can't move, so the lackeys would have to take over. My questions are, would the mind control devices work in other worlds? And would they communicate with PAMA through these devices, or could its consciousness somehow be uploaded onto something? The redstone computers I've seen in Minecraft don't move.

Then again, I've never played the AI takeover games that people mention in the waiting thread, so maybe there's something obvious that I'm unaware of?

As for the achievements, the Episode 7 one does sound like shutting off PAMA (because there's no way they would lose), but people also mention that Episode 8 sounds a lot like Hunger Games. I doubt they would have a plot so dark though, it would be almost guaranteed that an Order member would die, unlike the murder mystery episode. I could also imagine it being like the gaming servers for Minecraft, and the crew is caught in one big game. But I doubt it would be them finding out that they are in a literal game, at least I would hope so. I was pleased with how they wrote Episode 6 because there were only three or four fourth-wall breaking lines, the majority from Sparklez, a character that died early. They weren't all in your face about having real life people, so I don't expect something like that in Episode 8. It could also be a continuation of Episode 7, similar to Episode 3 going into 4, when the Witherstorm looked defeated but they had to finish the job. The computer could take control of another world and make killing the Order into a game like Cassie did. The slide for Episode 8 does show them running into the portal as if there was some sort of danger present.

But the achievements could also just be taken with a grain of salt, or at least be a bit misleading until one plays the episode. Episode 3, for example, has an achievement called "Back to the Grind," and from watching the trailer one would not realize that it meant a literal mob grinder, but the next achievement, "A World of Pure Imagination," is clear. Episode 5, "To Boldly Go," left people thinking someone would die, but it's just the Order reaching the portal hallway. Episode 6, "Mr. Sandman," was not about falling asleep normally, but Sparlkez' permanant sleep under literal sand. And "From the Ashes" was not talking about an ally, but Cassie herself. There has been some talk about what the ones in Episodes 7 and 8 mean, particularly "Trust Falling," and people have a lot of confirmation bias when it comes to what it could mean (possible shipping), not saying I haven't fallen into that pitfall as well. :p That's the tough part about speculation, there are no clear answers, but at least it makes this forum all the more interesting.

The last things I really have questions about are where Soren found his command block (could be in another world like you said), if Soren's

• Yeah, she had so many buttons as a fail-safe, but the plan still almost blew up in her face. When I played, I figured someone might have accidentally pressed it because I thought the White Pumpkin was not in the room, but then Jesse said she was, so I said, "Oh, okay. Whatever you say."

I guess she could have waited for a distraction and pressed a button near her (I believe Stampy was next to her), or hope someone's knee hits one. I just don't understand why she wasn't present during the interrogations. Sparklez said before the Order arrived, they all knew each other, so why would she trust the outsiders to interrogate the others, let alone their own friend Lukas?

The point I'm trying to make? She might've gotten a little stir-crazy and started to slip up on her planning. I would too, if I had to gather up and listen to that many zombies in a desparate attempt to escape a world I don't belong to. Imagine the New Order stuck in Sky City or PAMA's world without a flint and steel, they'd go nuts (but probably not on a killing spree).

sahern posted: »

About the sparklez trap, its only a coincidence that he died, because Dan killed him, instead of the white pumpkin, and when dan did press t

• Honestly I'm impressed how TellTale managed to get this level of thought into a Minecraft game. Granted I haven't played any of their other games (besides BTTF) but still this is pretty awesome

Yeah I hope they tie up some of these loose ends before the season ends instead of just ignoring them all together. I noticed that bit in th

• Agreed! To be honest, I'm sure my siblings and parents have had an earful; now that I'm an adult they expect better of me haha. I finished TFTB two days ago and it was pretty enjoyable. I really need to play more of their games; I bought the Humble Bundle but never got around to actually installing them.

Honestly I'm impressed how TellTale managed to get this level of thought into a Minecraft game. Granted I haven't played any of their other games (besides BTTF) but still this is pretty awesome

Sign in to comment in this discussion.