Telltale's cryptic tweet [Mod edit: Minecraft Ep 7 related. Continue discussion in Ep 7 Wait Thread]

Comments

• Woah...

OzzieMonkey posted: »

While we're speculating future stuff, this series of tweets sparked my curiosity https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/751625285519306752 Could be nothing, but I'd pay good money for a Full Throttle series.

• edited July 2016

Thread: Weird tweet by ttg

/[social media platform] initiate subroutine PAMA_introduction_helloWorld.wav [8:00 07/14/16]

here

• New game announcement on 14?

• I think some of the older Telltale staff members are LucasArts alumni that worked on that game, so it's possible that it's only there because they helped with something for the Remastered version of the game? Or, maybe they just had it as a leftover marketing prop from when they made the game the first time around?

Either way, I doubt it is related to this announcement (or any other upcoming Telltale stuff) but it would be cool to be proven wrong.

OzzieMonkey posted: »

While we're speculating future stuff, this series of tweets sparked my curiosity https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/751625285519306752 Could be nothing, but I'd pay good money for a Full Throttle series.

• Yeah, read it in java basics

"Hello World" is usually a thing in programming that shows the basics of a program. I remember when I first did programming, the things I di

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2016

Wait, this probably could be related to Episode 7 of Minecraft after all. The title of Episode 7 is "Access Denied", which can be interpreted as technical sounding.

Timing wise, this also lines up with about when they would start to tease Episode 7 (like how they teased Episode 6 with quotes from the Host).

Eric Stirpe is working on Minecraft Episode 7 (and retweeted it as well), so it would not be totally out of left field.

• I kinda hope its not Minecraft, we all already knew it was coming out in July, and making a really cryptic tweet just to give info on a new episode that everyone knew was coming this month anyway is kind of just a disappointment.

Wait, this probably could be related to Episode 7 of Minecraft after all. The title of Episode 7 is "Access Denied", which can be interprete

• Thank you so much for letting me know, @Crips!

I don't know, in all honesty. It vaguely reminds me of Cicada 3301, albeit without a picture.

Crips posted: »

@BetterToSleep What do you make out of this?

edited July 2016

They have not started formally advertising yet outside of off-handed comments about it coming this month, so I could see this as being the time they start hinting at and/or advertising the Episode directly.

As I said, it's probably for the better to have grounded expectations seeing as how announcing a new game on top of Batman/Season 3/Minecraft Episode 7 info would be a lot of stuff to keep up with at once (not that I would be complaining about too much stuff to keep up with, as that sounds like a great problem to have as a Telltale fan.) :P

Poogers555 posted: »

I kinda hope its not Minecraft, we all already knew it was coming out in July, and making a really cryptic tweet just to give info on a new episode that everyone knew was coming this month anyway is kind of just a disappointment.

• edited July 2016

[removed]

• I'll keep it open for a short bit I guess, but as I said in the main thread, I'm guessing it is Minecraft Episode 7 related. Probably best to keep expectations moderate for now. ;)

Of course, I would not object to a new game or something like that. :P

• edited July 2016

Eric Stirpe is the person behind the trailers, if I'm not wrong?

Oh boy, that was way off! Eric is a writer for Minecraft.

Eric Stirpe is tweeting about it, so it might have to do with Episode 7 of Story Mode, but this seems a little too ambitious in terms of teasing to simply just be story mode news.

• I don't know what to believe anymore! Is the tweet real or fake? Am I real or fake? Is everything fake, or are we just a fake reality? Someone tell me before I completely lose my mind.

• We're all fake.

Triangle men are real.

I don't know what to believe anymore! Is the tweet real or fake? Am I real or fake? Is everything fake, or are we just a fake reality? Someone tell me before I completely lose my mind.

• Your in the Matrix. :o)

I don't know what to believe anymore! Is the tweet real or fake? Am I real or fake? Is everything fake, or are we just a fake reality? Someone tell me before I completely lose my mind.

• Triangle men are real.

Well I knew that already.

Crips posted: »

We're all fake. Triangle men are real.

• We're all fake now.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

enter image description here

• edited July 2016

Maybe its related to Minecraft beacuse it has an / in it, and in MC you use the / to type commands? Idk.

• Yeah, that seems to reaffirm my hunch this is Minecraft related.

BeyondEnder posted: »

Maybe its related to Minecraft beacuse it has an / in it, and in MC you use the / to type commands? Idk.

• edited July 2016

I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE!!! Maybe...Job is a part of it...YEAH! That has to be it...It can't just be a hacker.

• Nah, I doubt so - 8:00 AM is always when they make their early morning announcements. This is definitely a teaser for something - probably Minecraft Episode 7 related.

• As my post says above, this is almost definitely a teaser. They have the time as being 8:00 am, which is when they make their morning announcements.

I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE!!! Maybe...Job is a part of it...YEAH! That has to be it...It can't just be a hacker.

• The entire Telltale staff is compromised. We can't trust anybody. Even people in this forum.

Or ourselves...

Are you compromised too, Freelancepolicefan11?

• Doesn't really seem convincing.

edited July 2016

/[forum account] initiate post compromised.txt [8:21 07/13/16]

The entire Telltale staff is compromised. We can't trust anybody. Even people in this forum. Or ourselves... Are you compromised too, Freelancepolicefan11?

• We can't trust anybody.

Not even, Squidward's house.

The entire Telltale staff is compromised. We can't trust anybody. Even people in this forum. Or ourselves... Are you compromised too, Freelancepolicefan11?

• enter image description here

• /[forum account] initiate post squidwardsHouse.jpg [8:25 07/13/16]

We can't trust anybody. Not even, Squidward's house.

• edited July 2016

Blind knew I would post this! HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED!

We can't trust anybody. Not even, Squidward's house.

• /[forum account] initiate forum_ dont_make_this_a_meme.txt [5:26 07/14/16]

• How do I know that you knew Blind knew you would post that? Maybe I can't trust you.

Blind knew I would post this! HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2016

/[forum account] initiate post freelancepolicetraitor.gif11[8:29 07/13/16]

How do I know that you knew Blind knew you would post that? Maybe I can't trust you.

• You know too much!

How do I know that you knew Blind knew you would post that? Maybe I can't trust you.

edited July 2016

I guess this is what you get when you set Telltale's Twitter password to "Soon" instead of using a stronger password.

EDIT: Wait, did the hacker also get into my forum account? I don't remember making those posts above...

• /[forum account] initiate post hackers.jpg [8:35 07/13/16]

I guess this is what you get when you set Telltale's Twitter password to "Soon" instead of using a stronger password. EDIT: Wait, did the hacker also get into my forum account? I don't remember making those posts above...

• Oh man, I was hoping it to be a Mr.Robot game. Oh well..

• Are you the real Blind though....

I guess this is what you get when you set Telltale's Twitter password to "Soon" instead of using a stronger password. EDIT: Wait, did the hacker also get into my forum account? I don't remember making those posts above...

• As of late, most game announcements come towards the end of the year. Exceptions to this are Michonne and technically Marvel/Super Show, although we don't know too much about the Super Show or which Marvel series is getting a Telltale game.

Oh man, I was hoping it to be a Mr.Robot game. Oh well..

Sign in to comment in this discussion.