The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• edited July 2016

Mod edit; NO, we don't ban people for asking about other's bans. JamesDalton is exaggerating.

Wait, banned for asking? I'm sorry, but getting banned for just asking why people got banned is one of the worst reasons ever.

Most likely the comment chain will be removed. However, I always that the rule "Don't talk about banned members nor asking why they got banned" is bullshit. I mean, why can't we at least ask what happened to them? What's wrong with that, for fuck's sake.

• I wonder the same thing... especially about @MarijaaNo7. D:

Why did that happen to her? ;_;

Why are people suddenly getting banned?!

• I know! She's never done anything worthy of a ban :/

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I wonder the same thing... especially about @MarijaaNo7. Why did that happen to her? ;_;

• Because it's not okay to talk about people behind their backs. Reasons for ban are not supposed to be public knowledge.

Mod edit; NO, we don't ban people for asking about other's bans. JamesDalton is exaggerating. Wait, banned for asking? I'm sorry, but g

• I get it when it's about shitting on them without them even knowing about it, for example; "Ah, this person got banned for that reason? Well, not gonna blame the person for banning him/her, he/she was an arsehole". However, when it's about just knowing what happened to them, well... that's an entirely different thing.

But I guess I can't blame the Telltale staff for putting that rule. Discussing things like that can always get out of hand and ending up ruining "a part of the forum".

(Also, something off-topic, but I like your avatar. I always thought about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. From a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you recommend it?)

Because it's not okay to talk about people behind their backs. Reasons for ban are not supposed to be public knowledge.

• (Also, something off-topic, but I like your avatar. I always thought about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. From a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you recommend it?)

God tier anime. Amazing openings, great character development, best ending in the history of anime.

I get it when it's about shitting on them without them even knowing about it, for example; "Ah, this person got banned for that reason? Well

• Well considering I was banned for giving an opinion anything is possible.

I know! She's never done anything worthy of a ban

• Hmm, since you say that it's a great anime, I'll start watching it once I get the chance. ^_^

(Also, something off-topic, but I like your avatar. I always thought about watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. From a scale of 1 to 1

• thanks i spoke to her about her being like that and she said she was in a bad mood becausethe weather was really hot and she wasnt feeling very well because of it but she apologised cor it and things seemtobe okay for now (my feed didnt update either which is wierd)

WarpSpeed posted: »

She was clearly in a bad mood. She might get over it, but you've seen another side of her now, so consider that before you move in all the way. Do you want to know more about animals and her other interests? Ask her about them.

• i havent lost her she was just stressed because of the weather i spoke tonher about it all

It's not really a loss if your relationship didn't even last a month.

• edited July 2016

i hate them kids on borderlands who say their modders and to give them all my weapons so they can mod them i know they cant do that all they want todo is steal your weapons and screw you over

ughh this site at times I swear to god. Who cares about opinions, am I right? and also so sick of coming across aholes while playing online. Freaking children teabaging and calling you scrubs and calling you a f***ot

• i think i remeber that happening

Well considering I was banned for giving an opinion anything is possible.

• edited July 2016

i got this too 2 freakin months i waited when i was told id be called at the endof the week applicationwas unsuccessful anyway

i also knowhow it feels thinking its a longtermjob ibapplied for a job only to be told it was 4 hours a week

i know how much job hunting sucks im on a new 12 hour a week job (left a 16 hour job for it but found out the job im leaving people are getting hours cut to 12 for less pay that im on now) im still looking for fulltime work im a qualified computer tech with a-level diplomas and stillhave a hard time finding decent work when i get a car it will be easier

its good to let anger out im glad this forum exists because i we can put feelings down on it

ralo229 posted: »

I've been job hunting over the summer and I eventually applied for a GA job at a local GameStop. They called me like twenty minutes after I

• Here's my favorite opening out of the series:

Hmm, since you say that it's a great anime, I'll start watching it once I get the chance. ^_^

• There's one kind of tolerance that some people don't care about; tolerance of other's beliefs.

Some people need to be reminded of the meaning of tolerance: being able to accept and live with the existence of mindsets, choices, or opinions that one dislikes or disagrees with. To truly tolerate something, we first have to dislike it. Just because you don't actively support or endorse a person's choice or mindset doesn't make you intolerant. Tolerance is being able to live with knowing that other people don't see the world the same way you do, and being able to show respect and decency to those people.

So in this so-called age of tolerance, a lot of people have become less tolerant of people who say or do things they don't like. And a lot of these people will not only refuse to engage in a civil conversation, but they'll become downright rude or difficult toward people who challenge their views.

Example:

enter link description here

I hate seeing people taking the moral high ground and acting as if someone else's opinion isn't worth anything because it doesn't seem 'progressive' or tolerant on the surface. We should give a voice to everyone who wants to express their beliefs, and respectfully examine those opinions. We should have the confidence in our own opinions instead of trying to dismiss or belittle those who challenge an idea.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

There is something that I do have to ask, is why people are getting so easily offended these days, when this is supposed to be the age of To

• I know we can't talk about specific bans, but I wish we could find out how long a ban will last. Could the user come back tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Ever?

• Unless I were desperate, I would write them off for that. If they're not upfront with you when you're applying, imagine how bad they'll be when you're an employee. Time to look elsewhere.

ralo229 posted: »

I've been job hunting over the summer and I eventually applied for a GA job at a local GameStop. They called me like twenty minutes after I

• I came back in a day. It differ on depending on the offense I think

I know we can't talk about specific bans, but I wish we could find out how long a ban will last. Could the user come back tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Ever?

• Don't you just hate when you realize your "friends" aren't really friends at all. So I recently told them that I'd be moving and they don't care at all really. They kept interrupting me the whole time and ever since then, they haven't talked to me. I guess I should've seen this coming, since my whole life my friends would never invite anywhere, be annoyed at my presence, and be the constant butt of every joke they made, and tell me they're busy but hangs out with other friends. Even though I always tried to help them out, be supportive, help them with work and take them on family vacations with me. Just really sucks when you realize you were just completely indifferent to them. The worst part is I didn't have many friends and now I have none.

• MFW when I clear my browsing history so the update goes away and figures out it dosen't work and I lose all my shit.

enter image description here

• You can't make updates go away. I don't see how clearing your browser history would do that anyway?

MFW when I clear my browsing history so the update goes away and figures out it dosen't work and I lose all my shit.

• It worked when the search bar was red a few months ago.

You can't make updates go away. I don't see how clearing your browser history would do that anyway?

• Illuminati

• Those guys sound like jerks. You'll find new and better friends. You don't need people like them.

bloop posted: »

Don't you just hate when you realize your "friends" aren't really friends at all. So I recently told them that I'd be moving and they don't

• Moving gives you the perfect excuse to meet new people, saying you're new in town. Go for it!

Don't you just hate when you realize your "friends" aren't really friends at all. So I recently told them that I'd be moving and they don't

• We don't ban for people asking. JamesDalton is completely exxagerating with that comment.

We do ask that people not derail threads with discussions about banned users, but we don't ban people for that. We just flag comments if they derail the thread.

Mod edit; NO, we don't ban people for asking about other's bans. JamesDalton is exaggerating. Wait, banned for asking? I'm sorry, but g

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2016

Just to call out JamesDalton's passive aggressive comments, we DO NOT ban people for asking about other people's bans. They are exaggerating that.

It's a guideline that we don't want threads to be derailed over drama by people asking about other user's bans (and sometimes, there are other reasons like user privacy issues, as well as the banned user not being around to defend themselves). If people ask, the worst we will do is remove comments. If we ban people, it is for a much better reason than that.

• True, but I do have social anxiety, making it difficult to just go up someone and say "Hey what's going on?" without being insanely nervous and scared they won't like me.

Moving gives you the perfect excuse to meet new people, saying you're new in town. Go for it!

• Somebody has to do it. Try just smiling in people's general direction first and see where that gets you.

True, but I do have social anxiety, making it difficult to just go up someone and say "Hey what's going on?" without being insanely nervous and scared they won't like me.

• So what exactly has happened, why are people getting so offended all the time over the simplest things? I honestly don't get it!

A culture of pussification and seeing "isms" behind every door.

There is something that I do have to ask, is why people are getting so easily offended these days, when this is supposed to be the age of To

• It lasted for a day..and I wasn't even online while I was bananed. So that's good. :D

But i got banned for posting a meme that had the n-word and I even addressed it in the post.

I wonder the same thing... especially about @MarijaaNo7. Why did that happen to her? ;_;

• Too bad you figured out too late they weren't your friends. At all. But you learnt something from it and some things just happen.

The worst you can do is paste them on every new person you'll meet in yoru new town. There are people like them. There are people that aren't like them. Now about the social anxiety, I am no doctor, but I can only give you some tips.

You wonder whether people won't like you? Yeah, not every single person on the world will like you (most of the time for weird, stupid reasons) but if they don't like real you, that doesn't mean you have to shape yourself just to be liked by them. And wondering that much (aka overthinking) can only cause you NEGATIVE consequences. You don't need nor deserve that. Sometimes, it's best not to think at all because in the end it will turn out to have the same result as overthinking.

Meeting complete strangers makes a lot of people nervous, and it makes sense, so don't worry about being worried (lol). Just try not completely shutting yourself from others because they will fill the silence you leave them. And because it'd be more fulfilling for you personally to open up, otherwise nobody will ever know the real you.

Even though I always tried to help them out, be supportive, help them with work and take them on family vacations with me.

That makes you a great friend. :) You shouldn't stop being like that, ever. Even if peopel don't repay you, because it's a good thing. And good things are kinda rare to find nowadays.

• edited July 2016

Okay so I spent time with my girlfriend today. I told that I adored her, after a rather intimate moment, which I hope wasn't a mistake.

We have been seeing each other for about a month. That's why I hope it wasn't a mistake.

Admittedly it was a little different than saying "I love you", which I wouldn't say after having only been seeing her for a month or so anyway, but still I hope I didn't fuck things up.

I told her also that I had a really nice time hanging out with her. And later on when I got home, I texted her and just said I had a very nice time hanging out with her, as well as her friend, and I look forward to seeing her again.

She has yet to respond to the text message. So did it sound like I may have fucked things up?

Now on a seperate note, I will say something else, that I could happily go the rest of my life and never hear another political speech, or see another political ad, or hear anything that relates to politics ever again.

• I think you'll just have to accept that she does not reply to I-had-a-nice-time text messages, and that doesn't say anything about her opinion.

Now on a seperate note, I will say something else, that I could happily go the rest of my life and never hear another political speech, or see another political ad, or hear anything that relates to politics ever again.

Good luck with that.

Okay so I spent time with my girlfriend today. I told that I adored her, after a rather intimate moment, which I hope wasn't a mistake. W

• (For the most part, I am AFK until July 31st, but I will be checking in periodically.)

I think you'll just have to accept that she does not reply to I-had-a-nice-time text messages

^ What he said.

I touched upon this a lot in my previous posts. Don't over think stuff like that, and feel free to continue to start new attempts at conversation with her. Not all people respond to texts like that, and that's okay - no fault on your part for that alone.

I think you'll just have to accept that she does not reply to I-had-a-nice-time text messages, and that doesn't say anything about her opini

• http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/sonia-kruger-calls-on-australia-to-stop-taking-muslim-immigrants-20160718-gq7uul.html

People have spent the past week or so denouncing this woman as a bigot and a racist without actually addressing or refuting her statements while completely ignoring the fact that she admitted to having Muslim friends who she described as peace-loving. To the people who believe that Islam is in fact a religion of peace, then the appropriate response to your opposition is not to dismiss them as racist or bigoted, but to respectfully engage in a discussion with them. If these people really are wrong about Islam, then there should be no need to use terms such as bigot or racist.

https://youwillfind.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/sonia-kruger-racist/

• Not gonna lie, half of the comments I post I regret 10 minutes later. Think I'll start posting less ._.

• Shamed to say it too. I have a bit of a temper. :(

I hate people who have bad tempers! I was working with this one guy tonight, and he thought that I did something that would possibly caus

• Fuck a bunch of that. :(

I'm sorry you had to come into contact with those people.

• edited July 2016

Damn it, Marijaa.

I expected more from you.

However, I got bananed, too, so we're even lmao. xD

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

It lasted for a day..and I wasn't even online while I was bananed. So that's good. But i got banned for posting a meme that had the n-word and I even addressed it in the post.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.