Is it worth it?

Sorry to disturb you folks.

I'm going to be honest: Once they announced "Minecraft: Story Mode" I was pissed. I mean, a lot of good tv shows, series, comics and other franchises to make a game, and they choose Minecraft? (I was never a big fan of the actual game, obviously).

But I'm a big fan of Telltale games. I've played all of them since The Walking Dead S1, with the exception of Minecraft: Story Mode.

So, my question is: The game is really worth it? I mean, the tale they tell is actually good and emotional and stuff?

Please, no spoilers, since I didn't play it, and please, respect my opinion about Minecraft. That is all I ask.

Comments

• The story's not the best but it's still good imo, and there's been only one real emotional bit so far, but I like it. While it's set in Minecraft and utilizes a lot of its rules n stuff, it doesn't feel like it has a lot to do with the nature of the game, I think

• From a neutral point of view, I'll say the following things:
    1. The game is relaxing and at slow pace, unlike TWD. You don't have to worry that you'd be eaten by a zombie every second.
    2. The graphics are "decent" for a Minecraft game (it's like playing Minecraft with shaders).
    3. The lips sync is a problem to every game, including this one. Bugs are multiplying! Burn then with fire!
    4. So are the voices cut off suddenly (another bug).
    5. The music is enjoyable. Not as enchanting as TFTB, but to an okayish level.
    6. The story itself is interesting (and cliche at the same time). A group of nobodies is wrapped in an adventure to save the world from a very hard-to-kill Wither!
    7. Like in every Telltale games, Minecraft Story Mode has jokes and references.
    8. The actors are good, apart from a few exceptions.

To sum it up: Is it worth it? I'd say yes. The game and its story are pretty good. Enjoyable if you want to have a break from heavy stuff.

• Yeah, I kinda saw the gameplay, and there was this part where you make your sword. I'm wondering if the game have more "rules" like in the actual Minecraft game, like this one.

Thanks for the reply.

The story's not the best but it's still good imo, and there's been only one real emotional bit so far, but I like it. While it's set in Mine

• Wow, good comment. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I mean, bugs are common. If they don't affect gameplay, it's fine.

So, the game is enjoyable from a Telltale point of view, right? I guess I will buy it, then. Hoping they make a promotion soon

Lazy_DC posted: »

From a neutral point of view, I'll say the following things: 1. The game is relaxing and at slow pace, unlike TWD. You don't have to worry

• The only thing I'd say is that the graphics for this game are not as nicely presented, as jagged lines are very clear on certain devices.

Lazy_DC posted: »

From a neutral point of view, I'll say the following things: 1. The game is relaxing and at slow pace, unlike TWD. You don't have to worry

• Right! I just wish Telltale made the first episode free for everyone, so their clients could see if they want to buy it or not. Another thing I forgot to add is: While you might not enjoy Olivia's (the one with yellow hat) voice, you'll definitely love Scott Porter's, Patton Oswalt's and Dave Fennoy's performance! Two of them voiced in TWD & TWD2, and you'd be surprised some similarities between the characters. I'd explain more, but that would be spoilers. :/

Wow, good comment. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I mean, bugs are common. If they don't affect gameplay, it's fine. So, the game is

• The first 4 episodes are kinda just ok, its not bad but I wouldnt say its great.

So far episode 5 and 6, and the rest of the following episodes are single story episodes with no link, and I have to say those episodes have been better than the original game by a land slide.

• I'm 20 and I've been enjoying the series quite a bit. Personally I wouldn't classify any episodes as bad, but there're some weaker ones (episode 2 for sure), but overall I'm very surprised how much fun I've been having. I would say to wait for a sale if you can, but its a solid series overall (EP 1 -5) and the adventure pack is off to a pretty strong start.

• Episode 6 was the weakest for me, youtubers voice acting was pretty bad (with the exception of Stacy) and the killer was obvious to me

I'm 20 and I've been enjoying the series quite a bit. Personally I wouldn't classify any episodes as bad, but there're some weaker ones (epi

• It's a pretty good game if you can play beyond the first 2 episodes. Great music, a surprisingly customizable player character, and a narrative that's more consistent than Season Two of The Walking Dead. Since the episodes seem to get better the further in they go, you can tell that the development team learns how to improve the game with each episode. The only problems are graphical glitches, audio bugs, and subtitles that prove that they just slap some words together when it comes to other languages.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.