The Walking Dead Reference?

Did anyone else notice Lukas was freezing saying "brrr... Ice lakes" in episode 7? Isnt that a reference to Luke from TWD S2 considering how he died in that game and they have the same VA?

Comments

• Pretty sure it was. Got a chuckle out of me.

• A-IBRAHIM0702A-IBRAHIM0702 Banned
    edited July 2016

(?) That was an un-tagged spoiler

• It's not that big of a spoiler. It's just a reference.

(?) That was an un-tagged spoiler

• edited July 2016

some choices would make you died/ made useful. This is reference to St. John Dairy when you need to make right choices to free your friends or you will be shot by... (I know the scenes, but forget the Characters name)

BeyondEnder posted: »

It's not that big of a spoiler. It's just a reference.

• Pretty damn sure. Telltale, stop making Lukas remind us of Luke

• @MetallicaRules had a priceless reaction at that.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2016

Actually Scott Porter was involved in coming up with that line. :) We originally didn't have any dialogue in that segment other than "Brrrr" but when Scott was recording the VO with our directors Arthur von Nagel and Will Beckman they came up with that pretty amazing bit of ad-libbing.

• edited July 2016

Lukas is definetly a Minecraft version of Luke, isn't he?

stirpicus posted: »

Actually Scott Porter was involved in coming up with that line. We originally didn't have any dialogue in that segment other than "Brrrr" b

• Isnt that a reference to Luke from TWD S2 considering how he died

BeyondEnder posted: »

It's not that big of a spoiler. It's just a reference.

• If you haven't played Season 2 by now then its their own fault. You cant expect to avoid spoilers forever

Isnt that a reference to Luke from TWD S2 considering how he died

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yeah, the "ice lakes" line was an ad-lib. When Scott Porter and I were recording 107, I described for him the Minecraft opening montage scene where the NOotS escape from the snow world. Which of course led to Scott reminiscing about his Walking Dead character, Luke (since that game had tons of snow). Lots of jokes followed, prompting Scott and I to come up with this little pseudo-spoiler-y reference. We were cracking up while recording it. Eric Stirpe and episode directors Becky Arcovitch and Jason Pyke thought it was really funny so we added it to the game.

I'm super fortunate to get to record some PHENOMENAL scripts here at Telltale (I'm hyped about what Eric and the team have in store for you with MC108). It's also fun when the actors and I get to play around with lines from time to time. ;)

stirpicus posted: »

Actually Scott Porter was involved in coming up with that line. We originally didn't have any dialogue in that segment other than "Brrrr" b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.