Episode 8 Waiting Thread -Out Now on PC/Mac, Xbox One/360, Mobile, PS3/4 NA&EU

Comments

• Yeah that's true too... Boy, how our heroes have grown, even Olivia was excited to fight monsters and find treasure by Episode 5.

NorthStars posted: »

I think it depends on your choices in 1 and 2 if Jesse is a good leader or not because my Jesse was the only one able to lead of the group they had at that time.

• edited August 2016

Wait...

Where did you hear the contract expires?

Mixed feedback? Didn't Telltale make buckets of money with this game?

There's always the possibility of there not being a sequel, but a lot of people are pretty sure there's going to be one. We don't know for sure until the ending of Episode 8, right?

They won't. The contract between Telltale and Mojang will expire after Episode 8 and judging from the mixed feedback on the game, they probably won't make a sequel.

• Ok. I'll just change my point of view because some random guy told me to. Yay. You've made my life so much better. Thanks so much. Everyone else should do the same.

We waited like 4 months for Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2. Don't be dramatic.

• I love 7 because of the new characters in that one, and I love 8 because it's a great ▓▓▓▓ to the ▓▓▓▓ and I LOVE the ▓▓▓▓!
    I love 7 because of the new characters in that one, and I love 8 because it's a great end to the season and I LOVE the suspense!

Could work either way...

• Where did you hear the contract expires?

They have a contract with Mojang, the whole reason for the adventure pack was to get as much out of it as they could.

Mixed feedback? Didn't Telltale make buckets of money with this game?

Batman V Superman made boatloads of money about it's still a shitty movie. Your point is?

There's always the possibility of there not being a sequel, but a lot of people are pretty sure there's going to be one.

I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a Half Life 3. Will we get it in the next century? Fuck no. All of your arguments are easily debunked, no offense. Not trying to be rude or anything as I have nothing against you.

We don't know for sure until the ending of Episode 8, right?

Maybe, idk.

kmatie posted: »

Wait... Where did you hear the contract expires? Mixed feedback? Didn't Telltale make buckets of money with this game? There's alwa

• What? Like, what are you talking about. I didn't say to change your point of view, I was making a joke about long wait times and people being a bit dramatic. The large amounts of sarcasm are not only highly unappreciated but also make no sense.

Ok. I'll just change my point of view because some random guy told me to. Yay. You've made my life so much better. Thanks so much. Everyone else should do the same.

• edited August 2016

If the cinematics are easy to do, then most of the time will be gobbled up by script-writing and VOs. I really don't think it would take two years to make if they're gonna do a season 2.

When/If there was another season, would it be released in 2017 or 2018? I don't think it'll be in 2016, not with Batman and TWD S3, but if anyone has a good guess, that'd be great.

• THANK YOU!

stirpicus posted: »

That was just a joke to someone who asked ME about Herobrine - please don't assume every tweet is a teaser.

• Telltale call most of their series "Season 1" whether or not they get a continuation.

Rocked03 posted: »

Um.... my episode thing on my game says 'All episodes purchased! (That's fine) Thank you for purchasing all episodes of Minecraft Storymode Season 1. My hopes are going higher!

• I was joking

Lazy_DC posted: »

Good. Don't be so naive and believe everything. :P

• Sorry, it just seemed very odd how you did that text thing , and ignored the question about Reuben and asked who herobrine was. :-)

stirpicus posted: »

That was just a joke to someone who asked ME about Herobrine - please don't assume every tweet is a teaser.

• [removed]

Cuwwa posted: »

Sorry, it just seemed very odd how you did that text thing , and ignored the question about Reuben and asked who herobrine was. :-)

• [removed]

Sorry, it just seemed very odd how you did that text thing , and ignored the question about Reuben and asked who herobrine was. :-)

• Oh , and as well , if this wasn't a teaser , I'm glad , I don't know if herobrine would work in story mode. The White pumpkin was kinda like herobrine.

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

• Are you a new mod? cause i never seen yoiu before

dojo32161 posted: »

Telltale call most of their series "Season 1" whether or not they get a continuation.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2016

Yes I am new to being a mod, although I've been on the forums since 2014.

guyalf1 posted: »

Are you a new mod? cause i never seen yoiu before

• That page doesn't exist

sigh , looks like herobrine is in the last episode... @Stirpicus on Twitter (in response to somebody asking about herobrine : W͏͉̥͔h҉̩̣͕͚̳̰̤̫o͖̬'s̨̤̝̘͚͜͞ ҉̘̱͝h͚̖̺̥̞̺̗̥͙͠ḙ̘̱̹͜͜r̟͔͚̦̙̘̜͢͞ͅo̻͍͇͙̼̞̱ͅb̸̙̹̘̥͉͍̬͕͡r̶̛͈̜̳̱i̴̲̞̩̟̙̩͜͜n̨̧̯͙̣̱͉̱̺͙e̮̟͕̭?

• I hope there's a Season 2, since after you buy all the Episodes it mentions thank you for purchasing Season 1. Also there's a "?" In Episode 8.

• I can finally post things. :)

• how do we make theats

• you mean Threads? Click 'Start a New Discussion', name the Thread whatever you want, write the topic, and also: don't forget to put Spoiler Warning if you put the Spoiler in your Threads

how do we make theats

• We'll never really know until Episode 8 comes out; or if Telltale announces it.

JimMate789 posted: »

I hope there's a Season 2, since after you buy all the Episodes it mentions thank you for purchasing Season 1. Also there's a "?" In Episode 8.

• But remember: Next Season doesn't appear in one second or one day after the whole Season 1 is over. They need to rest a while and focus on another Game, like Batman or TWD S3, and when the time comes, they will release the Season 2 for Minecraft Story Mode. Just be patience

Btw i always wonder how Jesse looks like in Season 2...

I hope there's a Season 2, since after you buy all the Episodes it mentions thank you for purchasing Season 1. Also there's a "?" In Episode 8.

• But Isa somehow didn't recognize the portal that Jesse found on the ground... maybe Soren came to that dimension and gave the book to Isa? I really can't figure out why Isa would have that book unless Soren went to all sorts of dimensions... Wadda you think?

Emeraldos posted: »

Well, we don't know that Isa (The Founder) or Cassie are Old Builders, but Isa DID have a book bout' Soren..

• I can just imagine Soren at the top of the staircase building more and more stairs! XD He sure does love 'em!

Creeper1846 posted: »

Oh yeah Soren does love stairs XD.

• YES!!!! This is what I was thinking!!! I think he did play a big part in building the worlds! Since the redstone heart is the key to getting up the stairs... I think Soren definitely could have the atlas or maybe even BE the atlas himself! lol

Emeraldos posted: »

Is it weird that Soren created a book called "The Redstone Heart", which is the VERY SAME Power Source of P.A.M.A. and the key to unlocking

• Minecon!!! Are you going by any chance? I am!! I'm making a big magma cube costume! :D

Illum_mem posted: »

That's a nice point. We've got a month to speculate until the epidode comes out. It isn't that much, so I'm just gonna wait. (by the way, Mi

• edited August 2016

yeah, they all changed alot, even lukas, funny Jesse and the gang went from idolizing fake heroes, to becoming the real and actual heroes, and the heroes they idolized back then, now idolize Jesse.

Cendre posted: »

Yeah that's true too... Boy, how our heroes have grown, even Olivia was excited to fight monsters and find treasure by Episode 5.

• Aaand... I just said that the post before.

• If the episode is already in the animation stage then I'm predicting a 16th release but it does take the rating boards a long time to rate it so I think I am leaning towards the 23rd because we have not gotten teasers yet either.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I feel the 16th is way too early as Telltale need to submit a fully finished version of the game to be certified by both Sony and Microsoft which normally takes around 2 weeks, they also need a rating and episode normally release around 2 weeks after they appear on the rating sites.

I have seen some comments saying that animation is the easy part but i feel it's slightly more complex then some people think, i'm sure it will take some time to fully sync the mouth movements to the dialogue and they also need to program the choices and QTEs which could also be complex so i feel the end of August or maybe even early September is more likely.

Creeper1846 posted: »

If the episode is already in the animation stage then I'm predicting a 16th release but it does take the rating boards a long time to rate it so I think I am leaning towards the 23rd because we have not gotten teasers yet either.

• Yeah, but it won't be later then the end of september thats for sure

OzzyUK posted: »

I feel the 16th is way too early as Telltale need to submit a fully finished version of the game to be certified by both Sony and Microsoft

• Wait , does that mean he removed it???

That page doesn't exist

• [removed]

That page doesn't exist

• edited August 2016

Takes a month and a few days to release after being uploaded to steamdb.

ASaltLick posted: »

Yeah, but it won't be later then the end of september thats for sure

• And hopes for Early Releases for some Platforms/ Countries. That's what people now do when they heard about new Games. Am i right?

Takes a month and a few days to release after being uploaded to steamdb.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.