Unknown Error 0x884 A004 [MODERATORS, PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS]

** [MODERATORS, PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS]**

Okay, so apparently, seems like this bug happens to many people on the steam forum but telltale doesn't even know it exists.

Mods, I want to make this thread for discussion, this is NOT a complaint, please do not move or close this thread.

The Error

Comments

• Error box:

http://imgur.com/a/4BJhK

(Since there is no edit button)

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited August 2016

Wright Micah Final Build 1.8 Telltale Community (removed useless info)

question I had this error and KB2670838 or internet explorer 11 did fix this issal for me. (Windows 7 only)

If your running windows 8.1, it applies not to work for my at all but again I'm using intel graphics. so that might be the reason.

even today 8/7/16 I did more testing and still will not run on windows 8 or above. I'm thanking it is a operating system issel.
    so I'm currently infecting, if WDDM 1.2 or 1.3 has something to do with it. that windows 7 does not have.

Error box: http://imgur.com/a/4BJhK (Since there is no edit button)

• Dude click on support and send your info to Telltale and tomorrow they'll answer.

• I use windows 7 and what do you mean internet explorer 11?

I have KB2670838

MicahMoo11 posted: »

Wright Micah Final Build 1.8 Telltale Community (removed useless info) question I had this error and KB2670838 or internet explorer 11 di

• Telltale, you have gone too far. The game won't even start, how did this even get past testing?

• Why don't you want them to close it?

Anyway, like @papai46 said, just click support, send your info to Telltale and they'll answer it sooner or later.

• edited August 2016

It's really ineffective not to have centralized support forum anymore.

The whole, open the private ticket to ask help is so archaic in the most cases that doesn't involve confidential business information or something.

papai46 posted: »

Dude click on support and send your info to Telltale and tomorrow they'll answer.

• They will DEFINITELY say they are working on it. But there will never be a fix until months later. Just like MCSM.

Why don't you want them to close it? Anyway, like @papai46 said, just click support, send your info to Telltale and they'll answer it sooner or later.

• @Clord

True.

Clord posted: »

It's really ineffective not to have centralized support forum anymore. The whole, open the private ticket to ask help is so archaic in the most cases that doesn't involve confidential business information or something.

• I understand this thread is for discussion of the issue, but Telltale uses the Support ticket system as a solution that works for one person might not work for another person. Not to mention, if people send information directly to Telltale, it can help them solve a problem faster than if people are just discussing information with others on the forums. For that reason, I'm going to close this thread.

For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Games Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on what game you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

This discussion has been closed.