Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Also this is like the 7 billionth time we've derailed a thread with RWBY. How fun.

MichaelBP posted: »

For real, it'd be horrible. If only this would happen at some point. RT pls.

• Yeah, and I'm pretty sure White Rose is the most popular ship out of all of them, so it does likely account for a lot of their viewers.

Well, my hype for is high as fuck, so it's hard for me to not want to derail a thread by talking about it.

Also this is like the 7 billionth time we've derailed a thread with RWBY. How fun.

• Yeah, and I'm pretty sure White Rose is the most popular ship out of all of them, so it does likely account for a lot of their viewers.

Except for the monochrome shippers. Which I don't have a problem with because monos are hella cute anyway.

Well, my hype for is high as fuck, so it's hard for me to not want to derail a thread by talking about it.

Same dude, same. Volume 4 is going to be fucking awesome.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure White Rose is the most popular ship out of all of them, so it does likely account for a lot of their viewers. Well, my hype for is high as fuck, so it's hard for me to not want to derail a thread by talking about it.

• True, and it is anoyher hella cute ship. Really, I think White Rose, Bumbleby and Monochrome are the top 3 ships, in terms of popularity.

The leaked trailer from RTX looked so good. Those new character designs. Those new Grimm designs. Dat further improved animation nd art style. The art stylefor Volume 4 gave me Breath Of The Wild vibes.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure White Rose is the most popular ship out of all of them, so it does likely account for a lot of their viewers.

• Those fucking dynamic shadows

enter image description here

As an animator and somebody who really fucking loves animation, seeing GOD DAMN DYNAMIC SHADOWS in Volume 4 makes me lose my shit. I'm so fucking excited.

True, and it is anoyher hella cute ship. Really, I think White Rose, Bumbleby and Monochrome are the top 3 ships, in terms of popularity.

• Well, I think most like to rag on them because they always have a basis to know where they wanna go with their game. Most people really started going against TTG when they announced Minecraft and Game of Thrones. Doesn't really help them that a lot of people didn't really like it that much of it was just passable.

I think that they put themselves in a great spot that is hard to input diversity into it. I mean look at some of the people that came from them and put out Firewatch and Oxenfree. The same style at times will get "boring" in a sense when the story presented is actually still good. I mean look at the Michonne series and the switch up on QTE's. I saw people losing their shit as if it was some major game changer.

To cut it short....I really hope they pick up LIS and make a game out of it. I'd love to play out a QTE sequence for rewinding time.

Deltino posted: »

You know, while I get it's a joke made in good fun (or at least I hope it was), I never got why some people seemingly rag on Telltale for no

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

At the end of the day, I think a lot of it comes down to personal taste. Some people don't like Telltale's gameplay, and see it as a stupid QTE fest. And that's fair enough. Some people might not like the timed dialogue choices (saw some people in that thread that didn't), and that's fine, too. But for me, neither of those things have been a problem. In fact, I find their games to be more engaging that way, moreso than LiS was for me.

But don't get me wrong here, I really like how LiS handles interactivity for the most part, with these nice, wide open areas to explore, people to talk to, and a ton of background on the game's universe and characters. The problem for me personally though, is that some of those sequences start to feel like a drag. I mean yeah, they're optional for the most part, but there's been times where when I went to a new area, and saw all this shit to interact with, I'm just felt like "here we go again." As you'd probably expect, that's a feeling that never really happened for me in Telltale's stuff. But like I said, I think that's more a personal problem than it is the game's, so I'm not gonna hold that against it.

I feel a lot of people confuse subjective quality with objective quality; someone can't personally get interested in a game, so they blame the game for not being interesting enough. Even if it is considered a good game by many people, they act like it's the game's fault when sometimes, things just simply aren't your cup of tea. Sometimes, even if you want to, you just can't get into certain things, or you just don't have as much interest in them as you do other things. I want to like GoT (the show) for example, but I simply cannot get into it. It just doesn't work for me, plain and simple. But I don't blame the show for that.

Well, I think most like to rag on them because they always have a basis to know where they wanna go with their game. Most people really star

• They're sooo good. The animation looks better in just about every way, in Volume 4. Looks like the switch to Maya from Poser is really paying off.

Those fucking dynamic shadows As an animator and somebody who really fucking loves animation, seeing GOD DAMN DYNAMIC SHADOWS in Volume 4 makes me lose my shit. I'm so fucking excited.

• Daddy Caddy made a Life is Strange review, I've gotta say his opinions of the game sum up my feelings of it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLuau-_j-MhphSz4QQGOKj2pqEVGuBTdk3&v=NnoYsex3B1c

• One of the most underrated Youtubers.

Daddy Caddy made a Life is Strange review, I've gotta say his opinions of the game sum up my feelings of it pretty well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLuau-_j-MhphSz4QQGOKj2pqEVGuBTdk3&v=NnoYsex3B1c

• Agreed. I fucking love Caddicarus.

TheFurryOne posted: »

One of the most underrated Youtubers.

• The first section of Life is Strange Ep1 has got me intrigued. Seeing as the first ep is free thought I'd give it a go. The premise of time travel in choice based game is strange, then seeing this travel is very interesting. Max seems like an 'outside' kid, shutting herself out with music, ashamed of own work, not much confidence. Perhaps the option to change her actions will make her stronger?

I shall try the rest of the episode soon. Poor facial animations though, the lips hardly move.

Where I am in the story (ep1 just got to the dorms) then I watched some netflix as it was late - I thought the principal sounded strange and had weird head movements. (creeped me out a bit)

Max's voice was good, fits the teenage character well - that sort of dull, fed up teenage voice. Pretty standard VA tbh, hope it doesnt progressively get poorer VA's delivery. Only time will tell on how I feel though.

I did post this in the megathread as I didnt know there was a LiS thread

• The lips animation actually gets better with episodes :)

Glad you like it so far!

The first section of Life is Strange Ep1 has got me intrigued. Seeing as the first ep is free thought I'd give it a go. The premise of time

• As a friend pointed out, one of my early renders of Chloe was IN the game!

The original is here (this is back when i first got into the 3D scene, don't judge pls)

• edited August 2016

I doubt that was your first 3D work. Then again, I tried to draw and improved quite rapidly.

• I genuinely don't understand why people go onto a forum or YouTube video for something they know they despise, and then comment something rude and stupid just to stir the hornet's nest. Like, what's the point? I have no problem if you hate the series, but isn't it not only stupid but immature to go on a thread and be a disrespectful asshole about the thing you hate?

• To be 100% fair, if he made a thread about this then it would probably have been merged with this one. So..

I genuinely don't understand why people go onto a forum or YouTube video for something they know they despise, and then comment something ru

• Yeah but he couldn't have posted about his hatred for the game in the Megathread? Or the Vent Thread for that matter?

bigdogg0821 posted: »

To be 100% fair, if he made a thread about this then it would probably have been merged with this one. So..

• edited August 2016

I genuinely don't understand why people go onto a forum or YouTube video for something they know they despise, and then comment something rude and stupid just to stir the hornet's nest. Like, what's the point?

Because this is not an appreciation thread. So if i- who had played Life is Strange- have a negative thing to say about it, then i am allowed to say it. Whether or not it upsets people makes no difference to me nor is it my fault.

I genuinely don't understand why people go onto a forum or YouTube video for something they know they despise, and then comment something ru

• I think you are overreacting. lol

• Well, yeah, that's what I do. I'm an emotional, bipolar wreck, I overreact quite a fuckin bit. But there's still no need to be a dick over a game

I think you are overreacting. lol

• So anyone that talks negatively about a game is a dick?

Well, yeah, that's what I do. I'm an emotional, bipolar wreck, I overreact quite a fuckin bit. But there's still no need to be a dick over a game

• No, but there's a difference between criticism and being an asshole about it. Saying "Lol uninstalling it was the best part of this game" is a douchey thing to say. But saying "I did not enjoy this game at all, here are my reasons presented in a calm and well thought out fashion" is not, and actually really genuinely appreciated.

So anyone that talks negatively about a game is a dick?

• Well too bad then.

No, but there's a difference between criticism and being an asshole about it. Saying "Lol uninstalling it was the best part of this game" is

• K

Well too bad then.

• Does anyone hear still listen to Life is Strange-inspired songs made by Koethe Koethe?

• Nope.

Does anyone hear still listen to Life is Strange-inspired songs made by Koethe Koethe?

• That game was so fucking beautiful. After episode five, I actually cried :'(

• I still occasionally listen to alt-j and syd matters

Does anyone hear still listen to Life is Strange-inspired songs made by Koethe Koethe?

• Here and there when I get the chance. He captured the atmospheric theme perfectly.

• After episode five, I actually cried too...on how much i wasted my time with this game.

That game was so fucking beautiful. After episode five, I actually cried

• edited October 2016

I cried, at how bad the ending was.

• I cry at almost everything. :(

• Was it that necessary for you to make that comment?

After episode five, I actually cried too...on how much i wasted my time with this game.

• He wants to keep this thread alive. He bumped the thread after it was dead for nearly a month. Clearly he has a lot of time on his hands, to just dig through this section of the forums to find this thread, and then post more about how much he hates this game.

Was it that necessary for you to make that comment?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.