The origins of Soren and the Command Block?

Any thoughts? I have a few theories. I think Soren may have came from sky city. Him and Milo seem related, and it would explain how Soren's book got up there. (Although there is a weak link where I believe Soren only researched Endermen after the order seperated) Also, when talking about the command block, he said something along the lines of "I should have thrown that thing in the abyss when I first found it" His wording is a bit odd. He doesn't say an abyss, he says the abyss which may be a clue to where he found the command block. This brings the possibility it came from Sky city as previously it was believed that the gaping bottomless pit led to the void (Which was proven wrong) Maybe Soren fell off the island and the command block had a part to play in it. If he had have gotten rid of it when he found it he wouldn't have fallen off the island. Soren of course survived the fall as he landed in the water below sky city. He made himself a base nearby (Which most likely wasn't out in the open as Soren's base in episode 2 was located in the mountains which is why we wouldn't have seen any strange structures made by Soren) This could have been like an old builder's temple. The command block made it possible to create enchanted flint & steels and he created a portal which led to another world, which led him to the world where the portal hallway was created. Now let's assume the old builder's origin story (Which I believe will be told in episode 8) took place around this time. As we know Cassie Rose somehow got stuck in another world, and she is paranoid about everything. Even when Jesse offers to share the Flint & Steel she refuses, believing Jesse will stab her in the back. Not to mention Soren saying "They all turned on me." Who betrayed Cassie and was the same person who betrayed Cassie the one who drove the old builders against Soren? Perhaps after this person drove the old builders against Soren he went to live in a world of his own. This is Jesse's world. He wished to be loved again as he once was so he used the command block to blink the Ender Dragon to, in his own words, secure the order's status of legends forever. Him being betrayed by the old builder does explain a small part of his odd behavior.

What do you think?

Comments

• i think that soren was of original the old builders, all of them did the same, cassie, isa, harper, i belive that the story of the old builders is a lot like the Nocturnus in Sonic:The dark brotherhood, they was such an an advanced civilization that got so many power, instead of that they were taken away by a mysterious force, the same that like the Argus event in sonics game, that force told them that they have to trust no one, that kind of open their eyes and showed them how dangerous they were and how much damage they created, they decided to use their skills to create the portals, and the decided to go in different portals, some of them wasnt agree, like cassie, and they were forced to go, the ones who agreed promised to keep the portals hidden, or destroy them, like harper, locked in portals where the possibilities are infinite, thas what i thik, belive it or not

• Isa isn't an old builder, they build the portal hallway and Isa didn't recognise the portal Jesse came through

i think that soren was of original the old builders, all of them did the same, cassie, isa, harper, i belive that the story of the old build

• I don't think that Milo and Soren are related, and I don't think the command block made the flint and steel. The tweet about once the command block was destroyed everything it made somehow went with it, if that's true. It's possibly just an enchantment that a VERY skilled alchemist of the builder group created, or that a few of them know. I don't think Soren is from sky city because building is illegal there....think about what Soren is well known for, building! He's an extremely skilled architect. They even said it themselves that Isa "the Founder" built everything using the ever source. But, alas you never know. What if Soren found the command block in the world he currently lives in? It's not far fetched. In a picture in episode 6 Harper looks young sitting with the tiny PAMA, her hair is brown instead of the current white. That may signify that she's been there quite a while. Maybe Soren too was in our world for quite a while. What if he found it in the far lands. He did say he traveled there once before. What does the far lands have? The literal abyssal void. If he's been there a while then maybe that's what he was talking about long ago, instead of using it with the builders. If he did wouldn't that mean everything they built would be gone (referring to that tweet if its true). So maybe Soren found the command block after he made it to our world.

• Oh my god you're a genius! The enchanted flint & Steel couldn't possibly exist if he used the command block to create them. Okay, so let's assume there is some other way to make enchanted flint & steels and that Soren found the command block in Jesse's world. The far lands makes perfect sense! And it would also make sense for a command block to be there. That would also explain why Soren strongly dislikes the far lands, and the way he describes it as "The limits of our comprehension," "The far lands lie at the edge of all things, where logic gives way to chaos." You could say similar things about the command block, where it "alters reality itself" kind of like how in the Far Lands you basically throw away logic. Oh, and by the way apparently the citizens of Crown Mesa in Episode 7 were chipped for 25 years. So a lot of time definitely passed.

Saiyan_Wolf posted: »

I don't think that Milo and Soren are related, and I don't think the command block made the flint and steel. The tweet about once the comman

• Haha, thank you! How am i a genius? But it's all theoretical so it may not be true. Really thank you. Yeah when I saw that picture I was like "huh, she looks younger too." How'd you figure out how long they were chipped for? That's a crazy amount of time. I thought far lands, and even if he didn't find it in our world far lands I'm pretty sure other world's have far lands too. It just seemed to make sense in all of the far lands nonsensical things, there could be a command block that alters reality itself. A small controllable discord found in its homeland of something they cannot control. It does make sense that he could have found it there!

Super1710 posted: »

Oh my god you're a genius! The enchanted flint & Steel couldn't possibly exist if he used the command block to create them. Okay, so let

• Im taking it of one of my theorys of episode 8, but i think that soren uses the command block as a weapon to defeat jesse.

• Someone asked Eric on Tumblr how long they were chipped for. It is really crazy they were chipped for that long.

Haha, thank you! How am i a genius? But it's all theoretical so it may not be true. Really thank you. Yeah when I saw that picture I was lik

• edited August 2016

Soren doesn't seem like he wants to kill Jesse, he's just a bit off...

guyalf1 posted: »

Im taking it of one of my theorys of episode 8, but i think that soren uses the command block as a weapon to defeat jesse.

• So Harper has lived with that guilt for over 25 years Omg. I can't believe Harper was unable to get to the heart to pull it out. Well, that would be almost impossible alone I guess. It took Jesse and all of his friends to get him there. I guess thats why those fake friends say such kind things, she was trying to ease her guilt.

Someone asked Eric on Tumblr how long they were chipped for. It is really crazy they were chipped for that long.

• She probably could have destroyed PAMA without even pulling out the Redstone Heart, she could have just poured water over various pieces of redstone so instead of PAMA being powered off it would just be broken. Also, you'd think there would be an on /off button but apparently not.

So Harper has lived with that guilt for over 25 years Omg. I can't believe Harper was unable to get to the heart to pull it out. Well, that

• Remember PAMA legit was destroying all water it could find. This is Minecraft Sotory Mode and Harper since when were things not complicated? I wonder how PAMA sustained the people so that they didn't die, but they did become more robotic. Anyways I really hope we find out where Soren has been and more about him in episode 8.

She probably could have destroyed PAMA without even pulling out the Redstone Heart, she could have just poured water over various pieces of

• The command block is destroyed though, so that happening is not too likely. Soren is our friend why would he hurt us? :P

guyalf1 posted: »

Im taking it of one of my theorys of episode 8, but i think that soren uses the command block as a weapon to defeat jesse.

• I'm guessing that when they were chipped hunger and thirst weren't an issue, as it made mobs stronger, faster (And Zombies and Skeletons didn't burn in daylight)

Remember PAMA legit was destroying all water it could find. This is Minecraft Sotory Mode and Harper since when were things not complicated?

• Yeah, that makes total sense they became more like robots.

I'm guessing that when they were chipped hunger and thirst weren't an issue, as it made mobs stronger, faster (And Zombies and Skeletons didn't burn in daylight)

• I think the Old Builders made the Command Block, if Soren was one

• edited August 2016

I think Snow White was an old builder. She got lost in a different dimension. ;) ;)

She's my fav telltale character, I'll never remove her from my avatar. <3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.