$5 per episode!?!? Seriously?

this is a rip-off for a pixelated game

Comments

• Have you.... Tried an episode yet?

• edited September 2016

15 dollars for a 90 minute movie I can only watch once unless I pay for it again. THAT'S INSANE!

I say a 5 dollar episode of an adventure game (with multiple outcomes) that lasts anywhere between 60-120 minutes is still the better deal.

• I think five dollars is a good deal all together the game is $40 and most games are $60 plus it's optional to buy some episodes and the game could up to 11 hours long (depending how fast you play). And only for $40 usually games like this are $60 so it's worth it.

• Do the math, $5 is PER episode individually $3 PER episode with Season or Adventure Pass, $2.50 PER episode with Season Deluxe Pass.

• 25 DOLLARS FOR A VIDYA GAME? ONLY 40 DOLLARS FOR THE GAME AND THE DLC? THIS IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO THOSE AVERAGE PRICE OF 60 DOLLAR GAMES!

• edited September 2016

It's a pretty generous offer considering most games are sixty dollars.

EDIT: Costs less than the actual Minecraft too, which is 26.95 on minecraft.net

• You must be pretty new here, pal.

• You don't even have to pay again to play again... Before ranting get your facts straight...

• If you don't wanna pay that much then wait for a sale...

• Or you could just buy a copy from G2A.

prink34320 posted: »

If you don't wanna pay that much then wait for a sale...

• All of Telltale's episodes are $5, so this isn't exactly a new development. The "pixelated" graphics as you describe are a deliberate touch as Telltale wants the game to resemble the original Minecraft source material, but they do add some extra cinematic flair with graphics as well as more detailed animations than what the original Minecraft game would have.

• edited September 2016

All of Telltale's episodes are $5

Well after The Devil's Playhouse. Weren't episodes like 9 dollars before? Its been a while.

All of Telltale's episodes are $5, so this isn't exactly a new development. The "pixelated" graphics as you describe are a deliberate touch

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2016

Previously, they were around $8 bucks for older series as those were more self contained adventure games with much more extended gameplay. I was colloquially referring to all modern Telltale games.

EDIT: Although, actually, I think the prices of older episodes were retroactively lowered at some point around 2010-2012 as well. I think if you look on Steam, older episodes are probably around $5, as well as on the iOS store as well.

All of Telltale's episodes are $5 Well after The Devil's Playhouse. Weren't episodes like 9 dollars before? Its been a while.

• edited September 2016

I know. Just felt like mentioning their older price range.

Previously, they were around $8 bucks for older series as those were more self contained adventure games with much more extended gameplay. I

• How do graphics decide how much a game should cost?

• I know right. $5 for an episode is waaaayy more expensive than any game available at retail.

• Yeah, bro! I love their prices!

• 5 episode for $14 you know telltale games can make it free after final episode in mobile

• Lucky you they're £5 in the uk

• It wouldn't surprise me if you were also one of those people who whined about the Adventure Pass.

• You haven't even tried the game and see if they story's okay. Besides, 5 dollars is kinda cheap. You think 5 dollars is going to change everything?

• Imagine if people actually judged a game based on the graphics! The old WoW would be dead from the first day! Harry Potter (the first three games) wouldn't even make a buck and so on.

Super1710 posted: »

How do graphics decide how much a game should cost?

• How about every single game before the 6th generation of consoles? If none of those games succeeded games as we know them wouldn't exist!

Lazy_DC posted: »

Imagine if people actually judged a game based on the graphics! The old WoW would be dead from the first day! Harry Potter (the first three games) wouldn't even make a buck and so on.

• Minecraft: Story Mode is the cheapest disc and DLC game I've ever bought. Alien: Isolation cost me about 70 bucks while MCSM cost 40. I've seen COD Ghosts go for over 50.

• Dude these looking ges are at LEAST 60 dollars so you should be grateful.

• I'm not complaining. I'm just stating that MCSM isn't the cheapest game ever, but it isn't even close to the most expensive ever.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.