Replaying Chapter 2 - What Happened to My Choices from Chapter 1?

I replayed chapter 2 because I made a mistake in a choice right at the end of the story. I had just played it through, so I remembered the dialogue quite clearly. But when I began the chapter again, the dialogue didn't seem like it took my actions from chapter 1 into account. Is this normal?

When one replays a chapter, does it assume that you haven't played the chapter(s) before it and just defaults to...well, "default" dialog? How is that supposed to work with "tailoring" the story to my choices if the chapter 1 choices weren't remembered?

I apologize if this has already been asked (here or otherwise), but I don't want to have to replay chapter one again, then play chapter two a THIRD time.

Comments

• Also, for some reason the game won't let me actually refresh my view of the choices I've made so far. "Refresh to see update choice blah blah blah" is on the chapter 2 screen, so I press the button to update, and it acts like it updated, but "refresh to see updates" remains on my screen and I can't see the pages for chapter 1.

• edited September 2016

Yep happened to me to, I had to replay episode 1 to get my choices back. Also when you leave to the main menu and try to continue, you can't continue episode 2 from where you left off you have to restart. Crazy isn't it?

• Same here,in the first episode i choose to brutalize falcone and it was shown in the begining of ep 2 , but the when i start ep 2 for second time it the begining it shows that batman shows mercy to falcone!

• I'm just replaying chapter 1 again so I can make some different choices.

If I re-refinish chapter 2 and the next chapter pulls the same stunt (after another month of waiting), I won't be purchasing 4 and 5. There's no excuse for this.

• I found a way around it. create multiple file saves after finishing ep 1. The game lets you create 4 in the setting menu. That way if you ever want to restart ep 2 again you'll have a fresh save from ep 1,

Gekkouhen posted: »

I'm just replaying chapter 1 again so I can make some different choices. If I re-refinish chapter 2 and the next chapter pulls the same stunt (after another month of waiting), I won't be purchasing 4 and 5. There's no excuse for this.

• At least you have choices. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One version of the game is broken. TellTale support got back to me and said:

I apologize for the inconvenience. Our team is aware of this issue and has developed a fix for it. We are targeting to release this fix very soon. When it is available, your choices should then be reflected correctly between these episodes.

I believe Falcone incorrectly believed I was rude to him at my party, and Vicki Vale didn't remember that I gave her the evidence. Apparently, the game just has a "default" set of decisions that it reverts to if it doesn't think you have data.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

This discussion has been closed.