MineCon 2016 - Minecraft: Story Mode Panel Thread

As seen on the official schedule for MineCon 2016, which you can access by clicking these not-so-secret words, it appears that Telltale is holding a panel for Minecraft: Story Mode on Sunday September 25th! It'll take place in Hall A on the Expo Stage at 3:30pm PST.

Comments

• Nice find! I think they previously alluded to wanting to do an Episode 8 Crowd Play around the same time as well, so it seems that Story Mode fans might want to keep tabs on that.

• How so?

good for you

• Thanks!

Nice find! I think they previously alluded to wanting to do an Episode 8 Crowd Play around the same time as well, so it seems that Story Mode fans might want to keep tabs on that.

• Well...what can we xpect from this one?

• Maybe they'll say that they think it's crazy that a lot of players are shipping Male Jesse with Petra.

• They'll probably just take a retrospective look at what it was like to work on the first Season. If they have anything else coming up, they might make some subtle hints or something. Even if they are working on more Minecraft, I imagine it's a super long ways off so don't go expecting any news on other stuff; just expect them to talk about the series and maybe do a Crowd Play for Ep 8 as they were hinting at before.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Well...what can we xpect from this one?

• If they have anything else coming up, they might make some subtle hints or something...

Perhaps a Reveal Trailer, even i really think there is no Season 2... :'(

They'll probably just take a retrospective look at what it was like to work on the first Season. If they have anything else coming up, they

• Will the panel be streamed?

• If you scroll down on the Minecon website there is a button to see a stream so i am assuming there will be a way to watch.

AngelicTea posted: »

Will the panel be streamed?

• Ok! Thanks

OzzyUK posted: »

If you scroll down on the Minecon website there is a button to see a stream so i am assuming there will be a way to watch.

• Will they give news on future of story mode?

Nice find! I think they previously alluded to wanting to do an Episode 8 Crowd Play around the same time as well, so it seems that Story Mode fans might want to keep tabs on that.

• My opinion, I think there might be a Q&A session. Here are my recommended questions.

1. Is there something between Male Jesse and Petra?
    2. What's the purpose of the Soren books?
    3. What's the point of Sebastian giving Jesse a Lapis Lazuli?
    4. Does Ivor still remember Jesse convincing Gabriel to continue keeping the old Order's secret?
    5. Why didn't Axel or Olivia bring up the Lava House in Episode 8?
    6. What happened to usher Reuben?
    7. Were the Blaze Rods unwitting pawns in Episode 5?
    8. How long did it take Cassie/the White Pumpkin to set up every trap in the mansion?
  • What if they ask if this is the game's finale?

matteso586 posted: »

My opinion, I think there might be a Q&A session. Here are my recommended questions. * Is there something between Male Jesse and Pe

• It'll possibly be asked only once.

XxMaxinexX posted: »

What if they ask if this is the game's finale?

• good job

How so?

• And that hardcore shipping fans shouldn't take every word (whether it makes sense or not) as evidence of a potential couple.

matteso586 posted: »

Maybe they'll say that they think it's crazy that a lot of players are shipping Male Jesse with Petra.

• Guys I watched BigB and he found ANOTHER book by Soren,something is wrong here

• I just noticed that the Minecon 2016 guide is now on the guidebook app and website and it gives a bit more detail about what the Telltale panel might be about.

https://guidebook.com/guide/77649/event/14550217/

From the Temple of the Order of the Stone to the Far Lands and back, the story of Jesse and the gang finally reaches its conclusion this August in 'Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 8: A Journey's End?'

Join the development team from Telltale Games, as well as some special guest stars from the series including CaptainSparklez, StacyPlays, and Stampy as they discuss the season, its inspirations, highlights, their favorite moments, and more!

Panelists:
    CaptainSparklez
    StacyPlays
    Stampy
    Telltale Games

• The YouTubers are more Minecraft-centric guests; having larger celebrities such as Patton Oswalt or Jim Cummings take time to show up at Minecon would probably have been a more difficult task for Telltale to undertake.

• No crowd play?

OzzyUK posted: »

I just noticed that the Minecon 2016 guide is now on the guidebook app and website and it gives a bit more detail about what the Telltale pa

• It's probably a separate event.

No crowd play?

• Just a reminder that the Story Mode panel is today at 3:30pm PST in Hall A on the Expo stage! Not sure if its going to be livestreamed.

• OYEAAHHH DAY 2 OF MINECON 2016 IS STARTED! AND I JUST WANT TO REVIVE THIS THREAD BUT SOMEONE ALREADY DID XDD

Just a reminder that the Story Mode panel is today at 3:30pm PST in Hall A on the Expo stage! Not sure if its going to be livestreamed.

• Well, you aren't supposed to bump it, but since someone here has posted the lastest comment, I think this discussion is okay for now.

OYEAAHHH DAY 2 OF MINECON 2016 IS STARTED! AND I JUST WANT TO REVIVE THIS THREAD BUT SOMEONE ALREADY DID XDD

• I don't know if they'll be streaming the MCSM Panel live...Don't they only show stuff on the Main Stage?

• Eric said on his Tumblr that it'll be streamed. I saved the link so here you go:
    http://www.twitch.tv/mojang

AngelicTea posted: »

I don't know if they'll be streaming the MCSM Panel live...Don't they only show stuff on the Main Stage?

• edited September 2016

I thought the Panel was being streamed?

They seem to think its being streamed right now. I think minecon screwed them over. That's lame.

• edited September 2016

[Link](

• The panels already started, and that's not the panel.

[Link](

• TL;DW

There are no plans for a season two.

• You saw the panel?

TL;DW There are no plans for a season two.

• I was actually at the panel.

You saw the panel?

• Nice! Care to give a summary of the Q&A?

I was actually at the panel.

• Basically, kids asking for a season 2, and also asking about what was going to happen in episode eight even though it was already released two weeks prior. Some other people asked about Reuben as well.

Nice! Care to give a summary of the Q&A?

• Awwww :( No season 2? Why did they have to leave it on such a cliffhanger as well...

TL;DW There are no plans for a season two.

• It's only a cliffhanger if you chose to go after Ivor in the ending.

Awwww No season 2? Why did they have to leave it on such a cliffhanger as well...

• Start Darth Vader 'NOOO' voice :'(

• I'd still call it a cliffhanger regardless because you still won't know what happens to him...

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

That's funny, I don't remember anyone asking about what happened in episode 8. :) There was a lot of conversation about the making of episode 6, since we had three of the guest stars on the panel with us, and there was a lot of discussion about favorite moments, sharing some of the awesome concept art, talking about our process making environments, what goes into casting and voice recording... and, yes, we dodged many questions about Season 2/episode 9/etc.

I'm talking with some YouTuber folks - hopefully someone will have a video of it up soon so everyone can watch! We only found out shortly before that it wasn't being streamed, which was disappointing, but we all still had a great time with the 2k+ (!!!) people that attended the panel.

Basically, kids asking for a season 2, and also asking about what was going to happen in episode eight even though it was already released two weeks prior. Some other people asked about Reuben as well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.