Episode 1 now available for FREE on certain platforms, according to Telltale's News section

'Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series' Season Premiere Now Free on Multiple Platforms

New players can now download Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 1: ‘The Order of the Stone’ for free on Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 10 via the Windows Store, compatible iOS devices via the App Store, and compatible Android devices via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. The episode is also free to download on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America, and will be free to download on PS4 and PS3 in Europe VERY soon as well!

Just giving you guys a heads up in case you missed it. I have not yet played Minecraft: Story Mode on my iPhone, so I'll be checking it out there.

Comments

• I know, I just finished the episode and I loved it! So awesome, a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. So far Axel is my favourite.

• Well I have this thing called bluestacks it downloads things for andriod so lemme see.!

• Damn you TellTalegames....I have been saying derogatory things about this game for months....now I have tried it....and I am a ....a....fan now...you win.

• I don't live in North America.... or Europe.... :'(

• It's not free everywhere?

prink34320 posted: »

I don't live in North America.... or Europe....

• Nope, I still have to buy it where I live :c

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's not free everywhere?

• At least i can record this on my xbox

• I already played the episode! Thank u so much telltale!
    This gameplay was so nostalgic :'(

• Wait.... You can record on Xbox One/360?

Cooldude407 posted: »

At least i can record this on my xbox

• Yes, you can, record and screenshot.

Wait.... You can record on Xbox One/360?

• With Steam, you only have the option of purchasing the entire Season, so Telltale does not have the ability to make you purchase later episodes while giving the first episode free.

• I'm putty sure that life is strange did made the 1st episode free. But again I might be how the feral is doing it. Or or how the engine is used in telltale that they can,t do it. Will I guess that adds one more list of things to contect telltale support about.

With Steam, you only have the option of purchasing the entire Season, so Telltale does not have the ability to make you purchase later episodes while giving the first episode free.

• They can, but they choose not to on PC. Older Telltale series used to allow you to purchase individual episodes on PC, but they stopped doing that around Walking Dead.

MicahMoo11 posted: »

I'm putty sure that life is strange did made the 1st episode free. But again I might be how the feral is doing it. Or or how the engine is

• Wait.. I knew that... WHOPPSS

NorthStars posted: »

Yes, you can, record and screenshot.

• Lol

Wait.. I knew that... WHOPPSS

• **Tell tale should refund the people who brought episode 1 **

• Why?

donmike84 posted: »

**Tell tale should refund the people who brought episode 1 **

• That is some what messed up for the people who bought eps 1 because that includes me. I bought it on the day episode 2 came out.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why?

• That it's free now? They can't just refund it, it doesn't work like that.

That is some what messed up for the people who bought eps 1 because that includes me. I bought it on the day episode 2 came out.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2016

When you paid for the episode, you got the benefit of playing it a year early and not having to wait until the first episode was free a year later before getting to play other episodes or encountering story spoilers on the internet. In turn, you also help Telltale pay for future episodes of the series and future games as well.

That is some what messed up for the people who bought eps 1 because that includes me. I bought it on the day episode 2 came out.

• You are either under 12 or a serious cheapskate.

donmike84 posted: »

**Tell tale should refund the people who brought episode 1 **

• Well... Hopefully you learned your lesson.

Don't judge a game by its cover, characters, story, game play and graphics.

I'm just joking, I love this game too.

Damn you TellTalegames....I have been saying derogatory things about this game for months....now I have tried it....and I am a ....a....fan now...you win.

• It's not on steam
    Gaben u fat

• Free Ep1 on PS4 doesn't work, via any link, even though it's being touted all week. And FWIW I would have loved to have tried it. Having bought every previous TellTale episode of every game. This is a massive marketing fail.

• It's free here now! For PS4... not PS3... ;-;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.