The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• You buy it. With money.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

How can you give something to someone else, you never had?

• Not everything can be bought with money.

You buy it. With money.

• Like what?

Acheive250 posted: »

Not everything can be bought with money.

• Love, respect, memories.

Plenty of things.

Like what?

• edited October 2016

Love, respect, memories.

You know we're talking about birthday presents, right?

You don't give your child respect or love as a birthday present.

Love, respect, memories. Plenty of things.

• Hahaha, I forgot we were talking about Birthday presents.

Love, respect, memories. You know we're talking about birthday presents, right? You don't give your child respect or love as a birthday present.

• Family arguments fucking suck, man. They're not even arguments in my house, they're fucking WARS. My 2nd uncle's fiance was arguing with my 1st uncle's wife (For a reason which I still don't know yet). My aunt defended her and my uncle's fiance started on her. Even my grandmother was against her for doing pretty much nothing and somehow my aunt's depression and anxiety was mentioned, which made her get PISSED and she started crying. My grandmother openly said to my uncle's fiance that as soon as my aunt finished college, she would move out and only to deal with her for a little longer. This made me furious but I kept quiet because I wasn't even supposed to know any of this. I feel so annoyed at my family for bullying her to this extent even after she tried to claim her own life a couple years back. As if her getting diagnosed with depression a SECOND time wasn't bad enough, she doesn't even feel comfortable talking to her family besides me, my mom and my uncle's wife. I'm just worried that something will happen to her.

Sorry about this, I just needed to get this off my chest.

• O.o

...Goodness. I'm sorry... that's rough. Hope you and your aunt feel better soon. Nothing is worse than not feeling comfortable in your own home- that place should ideally be a sanctuary, for yourself and anyone in it.

...I'll pray for you guys.

CosmicSouls posted: »

Family arguments fucking suck, man. They're not even arguments in my house, they're fucking WARS. My 2nd uncle's fiance was arguing with my

• Guy with terrible relationships here, haven't looked up any of these inaccurate videos once. I see no point in them, no two girls are the same

I really need to point out that all these videos are so similar in structure, it's amazing men fall for this schlock. Essentially what I

• Thanks for your sympathy, it means a lot.

Tohabath posted: »

O.o ...Goodness. I'm sorry... that's rough. Hope you and your aunt feel better soon. Nothing is worse than not feeling comfortable in you

• So, 2 days ago, during P.E. class, the bone of my knee suddenly moved and it was hurting pretty bad. Now it's back to its position, but I can't walk for two weeks, so that means that I can't go to school.

Good thing I have crutches now, though, but it's pretty hard to get used to them. Ugh, like 2016 couldn't get any worse for me.

• I've always got problems with my knees, scared something like this will happen.

Hang in there bud

Wolfenus54 posted: »

So, 2 days ago, during P.E. class, the bone of my knee suddenly moved and it was hurting pretty bad. Now it's back to its position, but I ca

• When you're a kid, birthdays are great because you get stuff, of course, but they're also a day when you get to be treated as more special than everyone else.

When you grow up, the gifts aren't as important, because if they're affordable, you usually don't wait 'til your birthday to get them, and if they're not affordable, people probably won't get them for you anyway. All that's left is being treated special.

No one's treating you special. That's why it hurts.

There's only one way to get that. You gotta start doing it to other people first. Say things and do things that make others feel important. When someone comes to a bar to watch a game with you, don't tell him you didn't invite him and he really shouldn't have come. Instead, apologize that you can't stay long, but that you appreciate that he came to visit 'til halftime. If you treat other people as special, at least some of them are going to return the favor.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I missed out on a lot growing up. My family was not into holidays, and thus we never celebrated them, not even Christmas. My family was n

• That's really fucked up. Sorry to hear.

CosmicSouls posted: »

Family arguments fucking suck, man. They're not even arguments in my house, they're fucking WARS. My 2nd uncle's fiance was arguing with my

• I'm not hungry. I have a roof over my head. I don't have any major illnesses. I have people around me I can chat to. I have access to the largest gathering of information in history. I can deal with all of my problems on my own and I have the freedom to plan and prepare for future problems.
    My life is pretty alright.

• so that means that I can't go to school.

Well, there's always a positive to every negative. ;)

So, 2 days ago, during P.E. class, the bone of my knee suddenly moved and it was hurting pretty bad. Now it's back to its position, but I ca

• Do I detect an "And Yet"?

crutchwork posted: »

I'm not hungry. I have a roof over my head. I don't have any major illnesses. I have people around me I can chat to. I have access to the la

• Yeah, feeling lonely and being away from people you always like communicating up close is a positive.

I know there are things such as "Messenger" and "Facebook", but I absolutely despise them, so...

so that means that I can't go to school. Well, there's always a positive to every negative.

• edited October 2016

enter image description here

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences, whatever the fuck you believe in would be appreciated. My father has been moved to hospice care and isn't expected to have much longer.

I always compared him to Kenny, since they look and talk exactly alike. And whether or not you liked Kenny, it was a huge symbol to me and whenever I play the seasons, I'll remember him...

• Sorry about your dad, Elliott.

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences, whatever the fuck you believe in would be appreciated. My father has been moved to hospice care and isn'

• Much thanks, man. Thanks for being an awesome friend on to me on these forums.

Sorry about your dad, Elliott.

• edited October 2016

enter image description here

EDIT: You're a cool friend too. And sorry about the huge image lol.

Much thanks, man. Thanks for being an awesome friend on to me on these forums.

• Awful stuff man, I'm sorry to hear it. My sympathies go out to you and yours.

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences, whatever the fuck you believe in would be appreciated. My father has been moved to hospice care and isn'

• Sorry for your loss.

• If your dad is lucid, it's your last chance to go tell him you love him and to thank him for helping to shape who you are.

If your dad isn't lucid, do it anyway.

You have my sympathies in this difficult time.

• Sorry, that's not what I meant... I thought everyone hated school.

Yeah, feeling lonely and being away from people you always like communicating up close is a positive. I know there are things such as "Messenger" and "Facebook", but I absolutely despise them, so...

• edited October 2016

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I wish you the best.

• I certainly did everything you said. Thank you very much

WarpSpeed posted: »

If your dad is lucid, it's your last chance to go tell him you love him and to thank him for helping to shape who you are. If your dad isn't lucid, do it anyway. You have my sympathies in this difficult time.

• It's alright. And trust me, I hate school. But I hate a lot more being lonely for quite a while, so I'd rather go to school than stay alone for two weeks.

Sorry, that's not what I meant... I thought everyone hated school.

• You have my sympathies. That's tough to bear. :(

• What's wrong with messenger? It's a perfect way to keep in touch with friends.

Yeah, feeling lonely and being away from people you always like communicating up close is a positive. I know there are things such as "Messenger" and "Facebook", but I absolutely despise them, so...

• I'm just not really fond of it, that's all.

What's wrong with messenger? It's a perfect way to keep in touch with friends.

• WhatsApp is good.

I'm just not really fond of it, that's all.

• I am sorry. I'll pray.

• Alright I usually don't rant or anything but what im about to talk about is the thing that turns me into SATAN!

Fake Harley Quinn Fans! I love Harley Quinn. I watched the ORIGINAL when I was 7! I loved the original but now Suicide Squad comes along and NOW EVERYONE LOVES HARLEY QUINN! IN THE MOVIE THERE WAS A REFRENCE TO THE OLD HARLEY AND I NEARLY CRIED AND A GIRL IN THE CINEMA JUST LOOKED AT ME LIKE "Why is she so happy?" And said to her friend. "Is that Harley?" AND I FREAKING WANTED TO SLAP HER!
    Okay I really loved the Suicide Squad version of Harley Quinn! Margot did a amazing job but now if I say this to any other people who are big fans they automatically think "Fake Fan you are" (appearantly they talk like Yoda)
    Just because I like this version doesn't mean I'm fake. I still prefer the original Harley for obvious reasons

This felt whiny I apologise but this is what this thread is for I guess (or maybe I'm dumb and have no idea what the hell in doing)

• Don't worry, you're still perfectly within the definition of this thread. :) And there are quite a lot of different series where people love the original and are kind of bleah on the remake or follow-up.

Alright I usually don't rant or anything but what im about to talk about is the thing that turns me into SATAN! Fake Harley Quinn Fans! I

• edited October 2016

I have to take a mandatory class in order to fulfill a contract that I have for reasons I'd prefer not to get into. At least, I was supposed to earlier today.

The class was originally scheduled on the 30th of October (today) but they ended up rescheduling it to the 29th of October (yesterday). Wouldn't be that big of a deal except I was never notified of this change until after I arrived at the building where the class was taking place. I paid 70 dollars for the class, had to get up at 7:30 in the morning on my day off and drive half an hour and they of course don't inform me of the rescheduling until after I arrive. Thanks for wasting my time and my money, assholes. You fuckers owe me a refund. Oh yeah, and that class was the final requirement of the contract I had to fulfill because it expires in November and the next class isn't until the beginning of December. So not completing it is gonna be violating my contract. So thanks for completely screwing me over as well. It's so frustrating how incompetent these people are.

• Bread. Lots and lots of bread.

What's the best solution for hangover?

• You saw the original what when you were 7?

Alright I usually don't rant or anything but what im about to talk about is the thing that turns me into SATAN! Fake Harley Quinn Fans! I

• Yeah the animated series. Not when It first came out though

You saw the original what when you were 7?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.