The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Why did Randall goad Michonne into killing him in episode 2? Did the guilt of all the horrible shit he's done finally surface? Did he think he'd suffer worse if he was spared? Or was he just crazy as fuck and wanted to give Norma a reason to kill them all?

• I'd say that he would, to a degree.

That change of opinion would be nulled immediately if Lee killed Danny and Andy St John. Either of these murders would appear to confirm that he is a survivor who is capable of murdering without hesitation and flinch; this, in turn, would prove that Lee is a potential danger to the entire group, leaving us back at the starting point.

Clemenem posted: »

Do you think Larry would have acted differently towards Lee had he lived past the meat locker incident and had been saved by him?

• I had the impression that he lost children of his own as well at some point during the apocalypse, and this, accumulated with his father's abuse, is what led him to lose all sense of compassion toward those that aren't part of Monroe; the colonists are the exception, in my understanding.

Yeah, doesn't he have a determinant line that says "You sound just like my daddy... he was a mean sonuvabitch" I'm leaning towards him ju

• I thought the consensus was that they had been in a relationship with each other, or at least Bonnie loved him and he considered her a friend!

Acheive250 posted: »

Okay, I just had a theory. Not sure of this has been discussed before or not. Do you think Luke and Bonnie were more then just friends at

• Oh, goodness...the collateral damage.... :lol: They'd probably try to kill each other, given that Kenny has a small reputation for rattling cages and Randall has some sort of fascination with killing children.

Speaking of meetings, there's actually a thread dedicated to interactions, so you can also bring this up there and discuss your thoughts.

What would happen if Kenny and Randall met?

• Pretty much the latter. Randall liked Michonne specifically because he could tell she was a killer and goading her into killing him was apparently some sort of game for him. Either that or just because he thought it'd be funnt.

Why did Randall goad Michonne into killing him in episode 2? Did the guilt of all the horrible shit he's done finally surface? Did he think

• Here is an excerpt of "Give No Shelter" dialogue.

Randall: But we both know how this is gonna end, Michonne. You like killing. And you'd like killing me, wouldn't you? Just tell old Randall the truth. I've got thick skin. You won't hurt my feelings.

Michonne:

Randall: Or maybe—maybe you think you can rise above all that. But there ain't no heaven up there, honey. And there ain't no hell down below. There's only this shit, every day until you day. Then you know what's the fucking kicker? You get up, and keep walking. Now that is some biblical shit, ain't it?

Michonne: There's still a chance we can make things better.

Randall: Don't tell me you still believe that lie, Michonne.

Michonne:

Randall: This is the world your kids are dying in, Michonne. Or died in. Or are in that walking purgatory!

Michonne: Shut up! Don't talk about them.

Randall: Either way, they're suffering. And mommy isn't there.

Michonne: [Raises wrench above Randall's head.]

Randall: We all have our demons, honey. Some of 'em are on the inside. Some are sitting right in front of us. Wondering what kind of mother brings a child into this mess of a world. [Voice breaks.] Ain't no blue skies for them, anymore.

We have several clues pointing toward the possibility that Randall previously had children—he emphasizes Michonne's loss of her daughters over that of siblings and parents; he taunts Alex and James, two kids he does not even know; he is naturally able to sympathize with Michonne's feelings of failing to protect her kids; part of his last words include lamenting on who would born a kid into the apocalypse; and he is emotionally overwhelmed when he says that there "ain't no blue skies for them, anymore."

Randall's massacre of the ferry scavengers is partly justified because the latter were planning to attack Monroe, but it is also suggested that he took pleasure in conducting that justice and killing them; this shows that he is a sadist, to a degree. Similarly, due to the loss of his kids, he takes pleasure from taunting others about the death of their own children relatives, perhaps as a wicked way to get them to sympathize with him.

Let's also note that Randall determinantly mentions that, as a child, his father used to beat him with a belt whenever he said something stupid.

The final scene of "Give No Shelter" provides Randall with closure on the abuse of his father, a loss of hope, a loss of faith and religion, and a loss of his children; his acceptance of the doomed state of humanity and the world is enough to lead him to decide to stop living, therefore taunting Michonne so she decides to kill him, taking a bit of pleasure in the process. Norma does not even appear to be relevant to him in that moment, even though he had been shown to care deeply for her beforehand.

Randall can finally be at peace, and it takes no more than to reach into Michonne's deepest wounds and convincing her to kill him.

Why did Randall goad Michonne into killing him in episode 2? Did the guilt of all the horrible shit he's done finally surface? Did he think

• Riding off the coattalis of a topic that's NOT mine, do you think Sarah and Jane could of been friends?

• Isn't that kind of what I said?

I thought the consensus was that they had been in a relationship with each other, or at least Bonnie loved him and he considered her a friend!

• Wow... Now I kind of feel bad for him...

Here is an excerpt of "Give No Shelter" dialogue. Randall: But we both know how this is gonna end, Michonne. You like killing. And you

• edited November 2016

[removed]

Here is an excerpt of "Give No Shelter" dialogue. Randall: But we both know how this is gonna end, Michonne. You like killing. And you

• Okay.

OzzyUK posted: »

From what i remember there was only a small number of forum users who saw the shoot Mike option and nobody believed them until they posted p

• enter image description here

That's what would happen.

What would happen if Kenny and Randall met?

• Regarding to No Going Back.

How do you unclog a toilet?

• Okay, so I've seen some hot and cold things about Luke and Nick. Can someone tell me what this is about and what your personal take on it is?

• You try to look at the positives, instead of the negatives. (I'm not talking about the toilet part)

Regarding to No Going Back. How do you unclog a toilet?

• Well, some people kinda felt that Luke didn't really treat Nick as his apparent "best friend". There was a thread about it a while back. I'll look around for it, cause I'm pretty sure it gave some interesting explanations for the view.

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, so I've seen some hot and cold things about Luke and Nick. Can someone tell me what this is about and what your personal take on it is?

• edited November 2016

Double comment...

Okay, so I've seen some hot and cold things about Luke and Nick. Can someone tell me what this is about and what your personal take on it is?

• Yeah, personally, I didn't quite get that myself.

I await your findings.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Well, some people kinda felt that Luke didn't really treat Nick as his apparent "best friend". There was a thread about it a while back. I'll look around for it, cause I'm pretty sure it gave some interesting explanations for the view.

• I was thinking back to the end of season 1 and remembered that if picked over Doug, Carley can be chosen as an answer to the Strangers question to Lee regarding if he had hurt someone. In what way did Lee hurt Carley?

• By not trusting her when she said she would keep his past a secret? By choosing her over Doug, who she apparently had an unknowingly mutual thing for? By agreeing with Lilly that Carley might have been the traitor?

AnimalBoy posted: »

I was thinking back to the end of season 1 and remembered that if picked over Doug, Carley can be chosen as an answer to the Strangers question to Lee regarding if he had hurt someone. In what way did Lee hurt Carley?

• edited November 2016

I don't know. I trusted Carley with my secret and defended Carley to Lilly and still get the choice to mention Carley.

By not trusting her when she said she would keep his past a secret? By choosing her over Doug, who she apparently had an unknowingly mutual thing for? By agreeing with Lilly that Carley might have been the traitor?

• Who is Jane working with here?

• Some players seem to think Luke treated Nick like a child by not letting him go with him to check out the bridge. I don't know why Nick had a gun in the first place. They knew he was trigger happy. But yeah, that's why and Luke didn't appear to be emotional either time Nick died.

• Some random dude at camp. Might have been Hank (guy Alvin can shoot) based on the subtitle color (not in the video, but I played 203 recently and asked myself the same thing).

Who is Jane working with here?

• That would be Hank, the Howe's Hardware resident that speaks with Tavia at night via walkie-talkies and also the one that is determinantly killed by Alvin by the end of "In Harm's Way." He wears a cap.

Hank is the one that says, "goddamn this thing," when the soil tears open.

Who is Jane working with here?

• Really? Huh. I thought he was guard; then again, he and Taavia are heard chattin it up at one point, so maybe he's just not as temperamental or persnickety as Troy or Carver.

That would be Hank, the Howe's Hardware resident that speaks with Tavia at night via walkie-talkies and also the one that is determinantly k

• I just replayed S1E4. I threatened Vernon when we first met but then said I needed to get back to Clem and truthfully said she wasn't my daughter. The stats said I was rational and honest, even though I did threaten him the first time.

Is this a bug or ...?

• Probably a bug.

I just replayed S1E4. I threatened Vernon when we first met but then said I needed to get back to Clem and truthfully said she wasn't my da

• So threatening him the first time is supposed to register as the opposite choice?

Recording for my YouTube channel is a nightmare.... season 1 on PS4 is rife with bugs. I've had entire saves deleted if I go to the main menu or die.

Probably a bug.

• I had the same problem (saves not saving or deleting) just recently. To fix it, I had to delete all my saves and reinstall the game (don't know if that was necessary, but I did it anyway). Before that you can move the corrupt save data to a USB device so you don't lose all of it. If you already started Season 2 playthroughs with these saves, they are unaffected.

So threatening him the first time is supposed to register as the opposite choice? Recording for my YouTube channel is a nightmare.... season 1 on PS4 is rife with bugs. I've had entire saves deleted if I go to the main menu or die.

• I have tried deleting my saves and reinstalling, didn't work. The game always wipes the saves if I die, go to the main menu, or just complete an episode normally. Thanks for trying to help though, thankfully I only need to record episode 5 and 400 Days for my channel and I won't need to bother with it anymore.

I had the same problem (saves not saving or deleting) just recently. To fix it, I had to delete all my saves and reinstall the game (don't k

• edited November 2016

What's the general consensus of Alvin these days? At first I thought everyone liked him, but now I'm seeing some people don't. I'm confused...

• I hope clem gets revenge on Arvo for shooting her.

• That's not really a queston, mate. You may have clicked the wrong thread.

Shadow2122 posted: »

I hope clem gets revenge on Arvo for shooting her.

• What answer determines whether or not you were honest with Hershel in season 1? I tried to be, but the stats. Still said I lied.

I just replayed S1E4. I threatened Vernon when we first met but then said I needed to get back to Clem and truthfully said she wasn't my da

• Well, I've always liked him.

But, like you said, a lot of people hate him.

What's the general consensus of Alvin these days? At first I thought everyone liked him, but now I'm seeing some people don't. I'm confused...

• Well, I've always liked him.

So have I. :D

But, like you said, a lot of people hate him.

I wish I knew why.

Acheive250 posted: »

Well, I've always liked him. But, like you said, a lot of people hate him.

• Maybe for saying that he's not nice?

Or for hiding the can of food from the group?

There probably is no reason.

Well, I've always liked him. So have I. But, like you said, a lot of people hate him. I wish I knew why.

• Don't worry. Bonnie probably killed him.

Shadow2122 posted: »

I hope clem gets revenge on Arvo for shooting her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.