The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Maybe for saying that he's not nice?

I don't remember him not being nice. At least, not for a reason...

Or for hiding the can of food from the group?

Well, he did it for his wife and kid. He had to put them ahead of anything else. I can respect that.

There probably is no reason.

Yeah, probably.

Acheive250 posted: »

Maybe for saying that he's not nice? Or for hiding the can of food from the group? There probably is no reason.

• edited November 2016

I don't remember him not being nice.

Oh, I meant when he says that he is not nice.

He says that at the window if you say "I know you're nice".

Maybe for saying that he's not nice? I don't remember him not being nice. At least, not for a reason... Or for hiding the can

• Oooohhh okay. Well...I still don't know why that's a good reason to hate him.

I don't remember him not being nice. Oh, I meant when he says that he is not nice. He says that at the window if you say "I know you're nice".

• He was pretty much trying not to show any softness...which is why he throws in a juice box if you convince him to help you.:lol:

I don't remember him not being nice. Oh, I meant when he says that he is not nice. He says that at the window if you say "I know you're nice".

• From what I recall, the consensus is anywhere between "I liked that he was nice" and "Meh, he's nothing to special." At least, the very few times he was ever brought up recently, specifically the Over/Under-rated thread.

Personally, Alvin had the honor of being practically the only character I fully liked in All That Remains and he is among the many characters I wish got more screentime and focus.

What's the general consensus of Alvin these days? At first I thought everyone liked him, but now I'm seeing some people don't. I'm confused...

• We've got to feel ashamed for lying even when we tell the truth¿

Bon-Bon posted: »

What answer determines whether or not you were honest with Hershel in season 1? I tried to be, but the stats. Still said I lied.

• You've got a YouTube channel, Venge?

So threatening him the first time is supposed to register as the opposite choice? Recording for my YouTube channel is a nightmare.... season 1 on PS4 is rife with bugs. I've had entire saves deleted if I go to the main menu or die.

• Can somebody send me a PS4 save file where Clem is wearing the red hoodie the whole game? My game is entirely corrupted and I just need to play a certain part.

• edited November 2016

Why would she do that?

He was a grievous teenager emotionally guided by a series of misunderstandings, and I do not believe that Bonnie is one to judge others shallowly, especially when both were getting away from the same person.

Don't worry. Bonnie probably killed him.

• I swear I misread this as "Bonnie should'nt judge Arvo when she was doing drugs" for some reason.:lol:

Why would she do that? He was a grievous teenager emotionally guided by a series of misunderstandings, and I do not believe that Bonnie is one to judge others shallowly, especially when both were getting away from the same person.

• I'm sorry. I was only joking.

Why would she do that? He was a grievous teenager emotionally guided by a series of misunderstandings, and I do not believe that Bonnie is one to judge others shallowly, especially when both were getting away from the same person.

• By whole game, do you mean episodes 3-5?

Can somebody send me a PS4 save file where Clem is wearing the red hoodie the whole game? My game is entirely corrupted and I just need to play a certain part.

• You needn't apologize, Acheive!

I was just weighing the possibility of her killing him.

I'm sorry. I was only joking.

• Bonnie doesn't seem the type to just go about killing people willynilly, but then again... :lol:

Though now that you mention, hanging out in the same triad has got to be awkward as fuck now.

You needn't apologize, Acheive! I was just weighing the possibility of her killing him.

• edited November 2016

I mainly just need the very end of episode 4 when they return from Crawford. And if you're asking if 3-5 are corrupted then yes

By whole game, do you mean episodes 3-5?

• I'm still uploading my season 1 and 2 playthroughs, but yes I'm trying to get one set up in time for season 3 :)

You've got a YouTube channel, Venge?

• It is sort of a confusing choice because it requires you to be honest to him when you arrive at the farm at night AND the next morning in the barn.

At night, you have to tell him:
    Your name is Lee
    You hurt your leg in a car accident
    You were on your way out of Atlanta
    You were with a police officer

The next morning, tell him:
    You got a ride out of Atlanta
    You were looking for help in Clem's house
    Say sure to his advice

What answer determines whether or not you were honest with Hershel in season 1? I tried to be, but the stats. Still said I lied.

• edited November 2016

By whole game, do you mean episodes 3-5?

• Here you go!

(I know I've already replied to this, please forgive me)

Shadow2122 posted: »

I hope clem gets revenge on Arvo for shooting her.

• Sorry, but I don't have the PS4 version (yet). I do have the PS3 version though, but that probably won't help.

How do you send game files anyway?

I mainly just need the very end of episode 4 when they return from Crawford. And if you're asking if 3-5 are corrupted then yes

• This thread still alive?

• No worries, I'm just going to manage as is. And you just copy the 67mb saved data file from the console and email it to whoever needs it.

Sorry, but I don't have the PS4 version (yet). I do have the PS3 version though, but that probably won't help. How do you send game files anyway?

• edited November 2016

Yep. It's a thread where anyone can ask any random question that they need answered, thus ensuring it will almost always have a use.

EDIT: Holy smokes! I didn't realize this thread was that old! Man, does time fly. :blush:

AdamRoberts posted: »

This thread still alive?

• Yes he does. Here's his channel.

You've got a YouTube channel, Venge?

• Yep.

People can ask TWD-related questions all they want.

AdamRoberts posted: »

This thread still alive?

• Some players seem to think Luke treated Nick like a child by not letting him go with him to check out the bridge. I don't know why Nick had a gun in the first place. They knew he was trigger happy.

I always thought the reason Luke seemed a little dismissive of Nick in Episode 2 was because he was supposed to be focused on leading the group through the mountains and he was trusting Clementine to help him look out for Nick as he goes through a tough time while they travel. It probably doesn't help that Nick seemed to be a bit too touchy about things to really be talked down for long, as shown when Luke tries to reason with him after he panics and shoots Matthew and later when they discover that Matthew was Walter's friend and Nick starts to panic with guilt.
    Honestly, I think this is a case of misconstrued intentions on Luke's part: I would think he had Nick sit out of scoping the bridge because he wanted to give Nick some time to just relax instead of rushing into a conflict in an agitated state, a notion that ends up coming true when Nick panics and shoots Matthew despite the fact that their trying to warn him not to from within the crossfire area.

But yeah, that's why and Luke didn't appear to be emotional either time Nick died.

To be fair, that's an issue the final few episodes had in general. While I at least give his 1st death the benefit of the doubt that Luke may have dealt with that offscreen, I believe Nick's canon death was simply an example of not playing it up enough for some: in other words, it's too subtle. Luke clearly seems a bit torn up when Jane tells him what happened and the fact that he shows a defeated attitude for a while could be seen as being in part due to losing Nick.

Some players seem to think Luke treated Nick like a child by not letting him go with him to check out the bridge. I don't know why Nick had

• edited November 2016

So while you may be putting yourself in danger for the sake of the safety of the others, you decide to bring the child with you? I guess that makes sense if you consider the game portrayed Clementine as more capable than most of the adults, but realistically would you trust an eleven year old to watch your back or want to put them on the front line? My thoughts. I agree Luke could have grieved privately. There was too much going on to dwell on one person's death anyway.

DabigRG posted: »

Some players seem to think Luke treated Nick like a child by not letting him go with him to check out the bridge. I don't know why Nick had

• So while you may be putting yourself in danger for the sake of the safety of the others, you decide to bring the child with you? I guess that makes sense if you consider the game portrayed Clementine as more capable than most of the adults, but realistically would you trust an eleven year old to watch your back or want to put them on the front line?

Idk. Also, didn't he discourage Clementine from taking the big walker instead of the bisected one because while he knows she can take care of herself, he also knew not to put her in too much danger or something along those lines?

I agree Luke could have grieved privately. There was too much going on to dwell on one person's death anyway.

Yeah, and the fact that he took charge after they got back from the trailer park, which involved taking the guard duty himself kinda lends to the idea that he was trying not to think too much about it.

So while you may be putting yourself in danger for the sake of the safety of the others, you decide to bring the child with you? I guess tha

• That depends on what you mean by 'liked'. I can't speak for everyone, but one of the reasons I disliked him was his nigh non-existant characterisation and relevance to the plot.

Aside from the 'lack of backstoryitis' of Alvin's which basically everyone in the Cabin Group suffered from, he possessed an exclusive character trait in the form of his love for Rebecca. Which is fine, but he desperately needed something else to actually make him an endearing character. He was neither physically active or enthusiastic like Luke was, nor did he really do much to establish a lasting connection or friendship with Clementine. It was implied by several characters such as Rebecca and Clementine herself that Alvin seemed caring, but we never really see huge gestures of this outside of his relationship with Rebecca, largely because of his lack of screen time but regardless. You get three "major" scenes with him individually between him and the protagonist, emphasis on the cute quotation marks there. Two of said scenes are optional (Cabin Antics + Second Death), the other of which is him further establishing his care for Rebecca which has already been presented.

What he really needed, I think, to establish himself as an individual character were moments to make him memorable in the eyes of the player - being remembered is especially important for him considering his namesake Alvin Jr. is supposed to return and should really be an invoker of memories and feelings towards his parents that we knew. As it stands, he honestly seems like the most irrelevant of the Cabin Group other than debatably Carlos. To help this, one thing that comes to mind is the case of Carley in S1E2, where if you were to offer her food (other than an apple) she would turn it down, citing that she wants Lee or Clementine to have it instead - DESPITE the fact that she was visibly struggling and quoted by Lee to have been having sleepless nights. It's a really unnoticed part of the series for me. I felt it was both selfless for her as a character and a lift off of my shoulders as a player as it meant I had less morally taxing options, which made me view her exceptionally well in comparison to a lot of other characters in the series as a result of her self-sacrifice/compassion. Something that I think an unexplored character like Alvin could have greatly capitalised on.

I know the lack of screentime was a contributed reason as to why he couldn't get moments like these (the cut fishing scene that he was planned to get in S2E1 comes to mind), but I have to bring it up considering he is treated as such a major figure in the story when, in reality, he was kind of pointless.

And considering the fact that his son and namesake AJ is one of the singular products of Season 2, it's kind of laughable that Alvin's role is so minor in context. Could you imagine, say, 7 years down the line when Clementine and AJ have settled down:

"Clem, could you tell me about dad?"
    "Oh, Alvin. Well, erm... He got me a juicebox when I needed stitches that one time."

I didn't hate him. I didn't mind him. And I would in 'fight or flight' situations help him. But as he was established in the season, I definitely didn't like him.

What's the general consensus of Alvin these days? At first I thought everyone liked him, but now I'm seeing some people don't. I'm confused...

• I heard the last episodes of Season 2 went through a lot of rewrites? Is this true?

• Not that I can recall. The only episode that I specifically remember being called out for rewrites was S2E2. Probably wrong though.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Especially S2E5, considering the amount of plot points and details they dropped from Episode 4.

I heard the last episodes of Season 2 went through a lot of rewrites? Is this true?

• there were at least 3 different writers....but I thought Amid the Ruins had a lot of rewrites.

I heard the last episodes of Season 2 went through a lot of rewrites? Is this true?

• I heard a rumor that Kenny was originally gonna die in Amid the Ruins. Is that true?

• He shoulda died in S1...but in Amid the Ruins...do you see anywhere that he could die and the game still continue....he was sorta the antagonist going forward...woulda been dull without one.

I heard a rumor that Kenny was originally gonna die in Amid the Ruins. Is that true?

• do you see anywhere that he could die and the game still continue

I have my theories.... It was something I recall seeing mentioned here at some point and if memory serves correctly, apparently one of the voice actors revealed it at some point.

he was sorta the antagonist going forward...woulda been dull without one.

As for there being an antagonist, Arvo and the Russians had been established at the very end of the episode as wanting to get back at Jane, who was conveniently absent. Which also led to another theory during the hiatus I took between Amid the Ruins and No Going Back...

There was also the prospect of Taavia coming after them as well, so it's not like they didn't have things to pull from if they really needed another villain.

He shoulda died in S1...but in Amid the Ruins...do you see anywhere that he could die and the game still continue....he was sorta the antagonist going forward...woulda been dull without one.

• I just dunno...the entire season is a hot mess of missed opportunities and misguided fan service. It just feels like they had an outline and wrote some scripts...then panicked and added Kenny as replacement for the entire cabin group...then realized he needed a foil and added Jane...but then realized that there really was no conflict between them so in the last 3rd of the final episode made them argumentative and then wrote in a stupid plot of her hiding the baby. They should have had the balls to stick to whatever their original plan had been and taken time to grow the new characters.

do you see anywhere that he could die and the game still continue I have my theories.... It was something I recall seeing mentioned

• So...Randall's a tragic villain. I see.

Here is an excerpt of "Give No Shelter" dialogue. Randall: But we both know how this is gonna end, Michonne. You like killing. And you

• the entire season is a hot mess of missed opportunities and misguided fan service. They should have had the balls to stick to whatever their original plan had been and taken time to grow the new characters.

The Truth has been spoken!

It just feels like they had an outline and wrote some scripts...then panicked and added Kenny as replacement for the entire cabin group...then realized he needed a foil and added Jane...but then realized that there really was no conflict between them so in the last 3rd of the final episode made them argumentative and then wrote in a stupid plot of her hiding the baby.

Honestly, Jane is pretty much made for easy fanservice if you really think about it. Also, her grudge with Kenny wasn't really much of thing at first.

I just dunno...the entire season is a hot mess of missed opportunities and misguided fan service. It just feels like they had an outline an

• I just noticed that Arvo is listed as being taller than Jane, who was easily the tallest female in the group. I'll have to doublecheck, but I'm pretty sure that''s wrong.

Are these heights accurate? (Ignore the decimal points since they make no sense) Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm Clementine (S2) - 1.42 c

• i find russel kinda eh.

Just eh, huh? I thought Russell was likable/sympathetic enough when I first(and last) played 400 Days and while I still sorta do, he does kinda lose points for feeling like he belongs in an afterschool special. Nate isn't that much better.

megamike15 posted: »

i find russel kinda eh. nate's the only good part about his segment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.