The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Because of the hardware store? :p

Acheive250 posted: »

Well, apparently Carver was a carpenter. I think...

• Gameover Ent says so here:

At about 0:25. And it's engineer, not carpenter, sorry.

Because of the hardware store?

• Ah, good ol' Gameover Ent. Love his commentary.

And it's fine.

Gameover Ent says so here: At about 0:25. And it's engineer, not carpenter, sorry.

• It would have to be Carver V.S. Luke. There would need to be a sympathetic element written into Carver's character though. If not, Luke would chosen every time.

DabigRG posted: »

Repeat Questions because why not? Controversial Topic that might need its own thread but I have to ask: If Kenny (and Jane) wasn't so pro

• I don't get it then?

I believe it is meant to be taken sexually; yes.

• I would hardly call that a threat..."I oughta slap you" doesn't equal "I'm going to slap the shit out of you!"

And it was a fucked up thing to say by Clem. Kenny does have a point.

Time: 1:03:15 Just a matter of time before he actually does slap Clementine...

• Well, maybe the wiki shouldn't outright say he's dead since it's supposed to be a factual wiki and it's never 100% confirmed that Vernon died...but Vernon is still dead. Just because they don't outright say it in the game doesn't mean it isn't heavily implied.
    The wiki should list him as unknown, however, because it's not a 100% confirmed fate (only like 99%)

The majority of users who use that platform are entitled assholes, and they will become angered if you edit those articles. Don't even mention Vernon's status.

• It's even simpler than that!

Christa claimed that Kenny was dead, he was separated from his group under known circumstances to us, and we witnessed his apparent death; he turned out to be alive and kicking.

Joyce claimed that Vernon had been lost, he was separated from his group under unknown circumstances to us, and we did not witness his supposed death; how is he confirmed dead?

Well, maybe the wiki shouldn't outright say he's dead since it's supposed to be a factual wiki and it's never 100% confirmed that Vernon die

• heavily implied

Not confirmed. But I don't see what else it would mean. If he had, for example, stolen the boat and took off by himself, she would likely have been more angry and not have used that wording. Though it also said Kenny was lost to the herd and he turned out to be alive.

Still, I'll always assume the worst (or in this case best) until proven otherwise. I also think Christa is dead, for example.

It's even simpler than that! Christa claimed that Kenny was dead, he was separated from his group under known circumstances to us, and we

• I always thought it was there to remind the player of Carley.... looked a lot like Carley's jacket :(

Hey, so I was replaying season two again and I noticed something... So I just wanted to ask a wild question. In episode one after the tim

• edited November 2016

I'll always assume the worst (or in this case best) until proven otherwise.

This is not a good assumption to make in The Walking Dead's universe. Comic spoilers below.

• In the comic, Tyreese is left surrounded by walkers and everyone is stricken with grief and it is assumed he is dead. But no, he is fine, not even bitten.

• The first survivor that Rick met, Morgan, was absent from the comics for at least a whole year but still reappeared.

• Kenny obviously was presumed dead, many many people denied that he could've survived, but he got lucky.

• There are several instances in TWD show and the FTWD spinoff where people are presumed dead or missing forever and make reappearances.

• Andrew, a minor in the comic who runs off into the woods to never be seen again, had a determinant fate until it was confirmed that he was dead via the novels.

• Even Rick's brother Jeff, who was only mentioned in passing and who readers just assumed died during the apocalypse, was given a whole comic spinoff issue showing his fate.

TLDR The Walking Dead universe has a proven history of leaving characters unknown until absolutely confirming so.

heavily implied Not confirmed. But I don't see what else it would mean. If he had, for example, stolen the boat and took off by hims

• edited November 2016

What would've happened if Larry survived past the meat locker? Would he be able to deliver vengeance upon the St. Johns or would he just get excited and have another heart attack?

• edited November 2016

Just a matter of time before he actually does slap Clementine...

He determinantly and accidentally does.

Time: 1:03:15 Just a matter of time before he actually does slap Clementine...

• Maybe both.

What would've happened if Larry survived past the meat locker? Would he be able to deliver vengeance upon the St. Johns or would he just get excited and have another heart attack?

• Lilly wouldn't have gone paranoid and probably would've been more receptive to the idea of leaving the motor inn.

This is all speculation:

• Larry would've given his coins to Lee voluntarily.
    • Lilly, Kenny, Lee and Larry (maybe CLementine?) would've all go take down the St. Johns; making the fight way easier. This is one of the sequences where Larry could've died again, killed by a St. John; but I deem it unlikely.
    • Larry would've been pro-stealing like the rest of the group.
    • If Lee saved Larry, I think their relationship would've gotten progressively better, his relationship with Kenny would've gone worse, though. If you're talking about a scenario where Larry doesn't have an heart attack at all, then everything would be as it had always been.
    • The motive behind going back to the pharmacy probably would've been different; they were going there in order to get some emergency pills for Larry, which he would always carry around.
    • Maybe a choice between telling Kenny to prioritise Larry's pills or not?
    • Way less tension in the motor inn. Lilly would probably be more receptive to the idea of leaving.
    • Lilly wouldn't have gone paranoid. Instead of locking herself inside the room, she'd be out with everyone else probably next to Clem/Ben. She'd tell Lee about the missing supplies all the same.
    • During the bandit attack, Lilly would immediately try to get herself and Larry back to the RV. Her priority would be her father in this version, not the place. This is, though, the second time Larry could've possibly perished, shot by a bandit or eaten by a walker. It's hard to know.
    • Lilly would still inquire everyone about the missing supplies, although I believe less agressively. She would never get to the point of shooting Carley/Doug since she wouldn't be paranoid.
    • The conflict would end in Ben revealing that he stole the supplies (Larry's pression on him contributed). There'd probably be achoice on whether or not to kick him out of the group.

Past that point, the possibilities would be endless. Carley/Doug, Lilly and Larry's presence and Ben's possible ausency would change the plot drastically.

• There are no assumptions to be had when cataloging the official status of characters, and wikia users apparently fail to realize that.

heavily implied Not confirmed. But I don't see what else it would mean. If he had, for example, stolen the boat and took off by hims

• What do you think Kenny intended to do with Arvo since he says he does not want to bring him to Wellington?

• What if the pickup stealing event were in the reverse: Kenny takes A.J. and sneaks away in the night?

• Sure she did. Either way, it's weird.

• Does he? I thought he just sorta backed into her with his shoulders.

Just a matter of time before he actually does slap Clementine... He determinantly and accidentally does.

• He was just gonna leave him at his house, which is why Mike points out that he might die on his own. Whether he would untie him first and/or leave him some food is unclear. Regardless, Kenny didn't really care what he did at that point, just that he's almost certainly not coming with them.

Bon-Bon posted: »

What do you think Kenny intended to do with Arvo since he says he does not want to bring him to Wellington?

• Gonna take this at face value here: I sincerely doubt Kenny would just walk off with AJ without telling Clementine first. Actually, assuming that means she can do whatever she wanted with Jane, Bonnie, Mike, and nominally Arvo at her side, I wouldn't really mind that if it wasn't for the fact that he and AJ could freeze to death out there.

What if the pickup stealing event were in the reverse: Kenny takes A.J. and sneaks away in the night?

• Well, same concept, but yeah he does.

Does he? I thought he just sorta backed into her with his shoulders.

• Does anyone have a picture of Jolene's first appearance without the subtitles?

• Eh, I really couldn't see it happening. Kenny's loyal. Even when he may hate half the group, he wouldn't just up and leave with AJ in the middle of the night without telling anyone. If he's a member of a group, he'll stick it out till the end, even if it were easy to just ditch them.

What if the pickup stealing event were in the reverse: Kenny takes A.J. and sneaks away in the night?

• people do replay the games so the stats may change over time. i had one doug run but most were carly.

I'm replaying season 1. The statistics show Doug having been chose %50 of the time but most people on this forum claim they chose Carley. What do you think caused the discrepancy?

• to bad his comment section is awful. i like his videos but those comments i swear.

Ah, good ol' Gameover Ent. Love his commentary. And it's fine.

• Poor guy.

megamike15 posted: »

to bad his comment section is awful. i like his videos but those comments i swear.

• even with player input she is not as cheerful after the time skip.

• Do you think that having Jane's philosophy be more a result of living as Carver's serf would've been better?

• Okay, so I was thinking about changing my avatar and--why are there, like, 5 avatars for Nick?

• That dosen't seem fair to other characters.

Okay, so I was thinking about changing my avatar and--why are there, like, 5 avatars for Nick?

• I know right? It's also not fair that his walker gets 2. :lol:

That dosen't seem fair to other characters.

• How do you make your own avatar?

• How many people did AMC hire to play the walkers in the TV Show?

• At the risk of triggering someone, what would be the benefits of Molly returning?

• How quick can someone complete each episode of Season 1?
    How quick can someone play each episode of Season 2?

Now, why couldn't Season 2 have as much content as Season 1 if the number isn't off?

• Weird question I know, but was Troy's first line supposed a shit joke?

• "You about done over there?!"?

Probably not.

Weird question I know, but was Troy's first line supposed a shit joke?

• Oh shit, I meant the second line.

"You about done over there?!"? Probably not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.