The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• So they are like:

Oh, a new characte--Oh wait, he is the new PC? Well fuck that, he needs to die, Clementine is the main character, not him.

Because they don't know anything about him, so they're just like "whatever" and they want him to die.

• Yeah, pretty much.

AronDracula posted: »

So they are like: Oh, a new characte--Oh wait, he is the new PC? Well fuck that, he needs to die, Clementine is the main character, not him.

• Sure just go ahead and chuck me the game right now and I'll tell you all about it. -.-

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, can someone who actually cared enough to be paying attention please explain what Season 3 is supposed to be about and where Clementine's stake in all of it is?

• Usually, there are gameplay clips, amazon descriptions, and gaming magazine entries that give away select bits of information for people to speculate on. If the game is supposed to be coming out soon, there should've been some grasp of the story beyond "Clementine is back and this time, she has a new bra!"

What do you mean? They just released a teaser trailer the other day. They can only give out so much information before it's too much.

• The question you posed made it seem like Clementine and Carver's jackets were supposed to be similar to each other. I can agree that they were meant to juxtapose one another, however.

That's basically what I mean though. Carver claimed that they have a lot in common, which giving Clementine a coat for the rest of the Seaso

• Yes I will take a crack at this. I have been paying attention.

There is going to be an antagonistic group that is like a slaver community or tantamount in it's lack of morality. Javier, who has a large family many of whom were lost pretty immediately into the outbreak, has lost his remaining family to this group either through murder or kidnapping. Clementine, who will be introduced as an NPC at first, will be after this antagonist group as well. Through playable flashbacks we will see what happened to Clementine after season 2. If you were with Kenny, he was murdered by the antagonists. Same with Jane. If you stayed in Wellington, the slavers raided that place too. Basically Clem's life is upended because of these new villains, whoever they are. But no matter what ending you chose, this group kidnapped AJ. So Javier and Clementine have a joint mission: to bring justice to these evildoers and save AJ and whatever remains of Javi's family.

Okay, can someone who actually cared enough to be paying attention please explain what Season 3 is supposed to be about and where Clementine's stake in all of it is?

• Okay, that's pretty much the type of thing I would expect to here at this point. Thanks!

Are Kenny and Jane really gone, though?

Yes I will take a crack at this. I have been paying attention. There is going to be an antagonistic group that is like a slaver communit

• “He's gone, mijo. He's gone!”

Okay, that's pretty much the type of thing I would expect to here at this point. Thanks! Are Kenny and Jane really gone, though?

• I mean, that seems like a fair assessment of the plot so far, yes? Of course there's no telling what sort of details and intricacies the plot with introduce, this is just where it seems like its heading to me.

And we simply can't tell for sure yet, although it doesn't look good. When Javi asked what happened to the people who were looking after Clem, she says "what happens to everybody" ie. death. However she may have been talking about Lee/Omid/Christa and not specifically Kenny/Jane, and it is also possible that Clem believes they are dead but they show up again for some reason.

Okay, that's pretty much the type of thing I would expect to here at this point. Thanks! Are Kenny and Jane really gone, though?

• How'd you even get that anyway?

• Who's "you" and what's "that"?

How'd you even get that anyway?

• Oh shoot, my internet connection screwed me over. I was talking to Daze.

Who's "you" and what's "that"?

• What do you think happened to the cancer survivor group members after Shel's story? I spared the prisoner but killed Stephanie, so Boyd is already dead but the rest were still at Gil's.

• Maybe it was overrun by walkers, and then everyone died.

What do you think happened to the cancer survivor group members after Shel's story? I spared the prisoner but killed Stephanie, so Boyd is already dead but the rest were still at Gil's.

• Well we know that Roman didn't die there, as he died at the river around the time of All That Remains. I do hope that Joyce and Clive got their comeuppance, they were all around shitty people who had a hand in jacking our boat.

Maybe it was overrun by walkers, and then everyone died.

• Gravatar. It allows you to add a "general" profile pic to the email adress you're using on this site. On other sites that support Gravatar (and on which you are using the same email adress), it will display the same picture.

Go to Gravatar.com, make an account with the email adress you're using for your Telltale account, crop the picture as you want, then "rate" it E for everyone (so that you can use it on any site without restrictions). You're then going to have to log in with gravatar on your Telltale profile under "Settings".

Hope I didn't make a mistake there or forgot something, but that should be it.

How do you make your own avatar?

• To be fair, it was definitely Vernon's plan, they were just desperate to distance themselves from a bad situation, and the boat was a bust, so really they did the group a favor.

Well we know that Roman didn't die there, as he died at the river around the time of All That Remains. I do hope that Joyce and Clive got their comeuppance, they were all around shitty people who had a hand in jacking our boat.

• edited December 2016

With the exception of Boyd, the whole group has been shown to be a bunch of cowards who would prefer murdering strangers rather than take the slightest risk of letting them go. The country is better off without them if you ask me.

Also, we don't know exactly what happened with the boat or why it was a bust. I very highly doubt Vernon would know how the boat operates; he would be a terrible captain. Kenny, on the other hand, is great with vehicles and boats and whatnot. We simply don't know what would've happened because we were robbed of the chance to find out when Vernon and his group took the boat.

To be fair, it was definitely Vernon's plan, they were just desperate to distance themselves from a bad situation, and the boat was a bust, so really they did the group a favor.

• I may have missed it, but does S2E5 actually show the title during one of the intro scenes?

• No, it just says the Walking Dead.

I may have missed it, but does S2E5 actually show the title during one of the intro scenes?

• Cowards, as you call Joyce, Boyd and Clive, would not dare to attempt stealing a boat and being killed in the process.

With the exception of Boyd, the whole group has been shown to be a bunch of cowards who would prefer murdering strangers rather than take th

• I hadn't noticed! You are right!

I do not recall seeing the flashing "The Walking Dead."

I may have missed it, but does S2E5 actually show the title during one of the intro scenes?

• That's a good point, especially since they can totally take the entire group besides Lee and Clementine in order to get the boat, with Kenny having bruises because of it.

Cowards, as you call Joyce, Boyd and Clive, would not dare to attempt stealing a boat and being killed in the process.

• On an unrelated note, I don't understand why Oberson would kick Vernon out of his community when the latter was a skilled doctor, regardless of his age and defeated sickness. Crawford did not have his pragmatic priorities straight.

Or did Vernon flee by choice?

That's a good point, especially since they can totally take the entire group besides Lee and Clementine in order to get the boat, with Kenny having bruises because of it.

• You're right, they were totally brave and magnanimous people. What was I even thinking when I suggested than an elderly group full of selfish thieves were in any way cowardly when they stole the boat from under our noses.

Cowards, as you call Joyce, Boyd and Clive, would not dare to attempt stealing a boat and being killed in the process.

• Darn, I'm looking for a good thumbnail for my youtube video and I usually used those title shots.

I hadn't noticed! You are right! I do not recall seeing the flashing "The Walking Dead."

• Stealing makes them selfish, not cowards.

You're right, they were totally brave and magnanimous people. What was I even thinking when I suggested than an elderly group full of selfish thieves were in any way cowardly when they stole the boat from under our noses.

• Can't it make them both?

Stealing makes them selfish, not cowards.

• From my perspective, heading to Fivel's house and attempting to steal a boat that they knew was going to be guarded by us took these old and sick people some courage, knowing that they could so easily be overpowered and beaten and killed.

I wouldn't be able to have done so had I been in their place, not only because I know it would be selfish, but also because I wouldn't have the guts.

Can't it make them both?

• Oh, no I don't think so. It does show "The Walking Dead" but not the title of the episode...

• Actually, I'm thinking it's a Luke/Carlos situation: the Cancer Group and Brie were at risk of being up for the chop, so Vernon took them away from Crawford and hid away with them in the sewers to protect them. Lee showing up scared him and Brie into thinking they had been found out, hence why Brie tried to convince Vernon to just pull the trigger since he couldn't bring himself to do it and she likely jumped in front of him because she thought Lee was there to purge them and punish Vernon.

On an unrelated note, I don't understand why Oberson would kick Vernon out of his community when the latter was a skilled doctor, regardless

• Fair enough, although in my situation they hid in the shadows until we left and then took it, which was rather cowardly. It took substantially more guts to knowingly accost Kenny, especially in the state of mind he was in.

From my perspective, heading to Fivel's house and attempting to steal a boat that they knew was going to be guarded by us took these old and

• Oh! Now I understand where you're coming from, Venge!

In the case that the entire group goes to the morgue, it does appear that Vernon's crew waited until we left to steal the boat. How this should be interpreted is determined by whether Vernon and company saw our group outside of the house, but we don't know if they were since we didn't play as either of them; given that there's no way of revisiting this matter from their perspective, it is completely up for personal interpretation, in which case we could consider them to be either coward or brave and there wouldn't be a way to refute.

Fair enough, although in my situation they hid in the shadows until we left and then took it, which was rather cowardly. It took substantially more guts to knowingly accost Kenny, especially in the state of mind he was in.

• Honestly, I'd try to go a middle ground for situations like this: they were willing to fight for the boat if they had to despite their inherent disadvantage, but the whole group being gone had them just wipe their foreheads in relief.

Oh! Now I understand where you're coming from, Venge! In the case that the entire group goes to the morgue, it does appear that Vernon's

• Nice logic!

Then it could be said that Oberson wouldn't have attempted to kill Vernon if he hadn't left with the cancer patients, right?

Actually, I'm thinking it's a Luke/Carlos situation: the Cancer Group and Brie were at risk of being up for the chop, so Vernon took them aw

• Do you think TellTale really wants/wanted to do a new story/genre that is very different from the first season of the Walking Dead?

• How'd you even get that there anyway?

• edited December 2016
  • You should make Sarah your avatar.

How'd you even get that anyway?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.