Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

It's a detail so many people overlook that I really like. They're actually freezing up from the cold. If you look closely, some of them are already frozen in place, trying to move their arms and legs to no avail.

Spodes posted: »

I'm going to assume this has already been told before and people know, but I was just thinking of it again. In season 2 episode 5, when Clem

• Yeah, my first playthrough I remembered the conversation of the walkers being so cold they can't move, so I chose not to waste my bullets and I'm glad Telltale kept that into play, definitely a nice detail they added.

Deltino posted: »

It's a detail so many people overlook that I really like. They're actually freezing up from the cold. If you look closely, some of them are already frozen in place, trying to move their arms and legs to no avail.

• Kenny was a cool guy, it's kinda sad seeing him in season 1 and knowing a 5 minute flashback kills him in season 3 (especially a poorly written one).

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

You know how at the end of S3 ep 2, they have a little ad for their series? Telling you to get TWD S1, S2, Batman, TWAU...

Well, they also have one for the ANF season pass.

enter image description here

Notice something wrong?

• kek

You know how at the end of S3 ep 2, they have a little ad for their series? Telling you to get TWD S1, S2, Batman, TWAU... Well, they also have one for the ANF season pass. Notice something wrong?

• That it says final four episodes of the series when there's three more?

You know how at the end of S3 ep 2, they have a little ad for their series? Telling you to get TWD S1, S2, Batman, TWAU... Well, they also have one for the ANF season pass. Notice something wrong?

• Or maybe this confirms a 6 episode season? Pleeeease.

This is honestly the only way they can make up for their marketing scam for Ties that Bind parts 1 & 2.

• It's the little things like this that will make the overall game much better. Telltale just dosent take the time to think this stuff through.

This could have had an effect in E3. Clem points the gun at Eli, and depending on if you killed Andy or not, she pulls the trigger. Dammit, Telltale...

• They just forgot to edit that. It's pretty clear that the decision to split the episode up and effectively selling us a 4 episode Season was made pretty late. Same reason why it said "This isn't really an Episode" or something similar before the XBox version of Episode 1.2. They knew exactly what they were doing.

• Get the final four episodes of the series.

• edited January 2017

purchase a season pass

"Thanks for buying the season pass!"

• Was the "This isn't really an episode" some inside joke on the company's part that they forgot to edit out when the game released?

They just forgot to edit that. It's pretty clear that the decision to split the episode up and effectively selling us a 4 episode Season was

• I want to believe, buuuuut there was an original title for episode 2 which has disappeared, rather than being moved to episode 3.

• I always wanted to know what he has to say after choosing that, and it shows Kenny having a good heart.

• I think so. No real other explanation for it.

darthsansa posted: »

Was the "This isn't really an episode" some inside joke on the company's part that they forgot to edit out when the game released?

• And this is why Ben is still the best handled determinant character in the series.

• Definitely.

Ben's role as a determinant in Season 1 made deciding his fate actually worthwhile and meaningful, and it's such a shame to see determinant characters after Ben were all made so irrelevant to the story that the audience's reception were less "will there be another side to the story if I save this character or let them die?" and more "how long will they stand in the background doing nothing worthwhile before they are inevitably killed off?"

A good start to make determinant characters important again would be to not have Conrad killed off in the next episode if spared and actually have him contribute to the story afterwards, but we all know that will likely not happen.

DabigRG posted: »

And this is why Ben is still the best handled determinant character in the series.

• edited January 2017

Ben's role as a determinant in Season 1 made deciding his fate actually worthwhile and meaningful, and it's such a shame to see determinant characters after Ben were all made so irrelevant to the story that the audience's reception were less "will there be another side to the story if I save this character or let them die?" and more "how long will they stand in the background doing nothing worthwhile before they are inevitably killed off?"

Agreed. Still disappointed at how Sarah in particular was handled.
    "Oh, what's that?! One of our most unique characters has something in common with Kenny, is similar to our up and coming villain, is a noticable contrast to the new hotness Jane, and is at a point where they've hit their lowest and can only bounce from here? Let's have her sit around in the hub, give her one phalange to kick off the climax, and then have her do fuck all before being killed off regardless of player choice for no reason!"

A good start to make determinant characters important again would be to not have Conrad killed off in the next episode if spared and actually have him contribute to the story afterwards, but we all know that will likely not happen.

Oh definitely and I hope the lack of followup so far is an indication that they're striving to break that curse.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Definitely. Ben's role as a determinant in Season 1 made deciding his fate actually worthwhile and meaningful, and it's such a shame to s

• Deltino posted: »

• edited January 2017

(@18:06) One of the walkers is attached to a pull bungy chord, apparently.:lol: Sorry I didn't know where else to put this.

• edited January 2017

Agreed. Still disappointed at how Sarah in particular was handled. "Oh, what's that?! One of our most unique characters has something in common with Kenny, is similar to our up and coming villain, is a noticable contrast to the new hotness Jane, and is at a point where they've hit their lowest and can only bounce from here? Let's have her sit around in the hub, give her one phalange to kick off the climax, and then have her do fuck all before being killed off regardless of player choice for no reason!"

I'm more bothered at the idea of a disabled child (considering that she's confirmed by Telltale to have PTSD) has two horrific deaths in a single episode in the exact same manner as each other, rather than how Sarah is a character with the shortest amount of time with a determinant status.

Her treatment in Amid The Ruins gave me the impression that the writers of that episode had nothing but utter contempt for her character, and had thought that she had earned not one but two death scenes for the pettiest reasons (which is funny, considering that one of the writers' surname is Petty). If anything, the purpose behind Sarah's deaths felt more like that the writers had wanted to pander to those who have been wishing for her death, rather than actually make any effort in making Sarah's role in the story have any meaning.

To me, the circumstances around Sarah's death was one of the lowest point of Season 2 due to how tasteless and immature the character was handled by the writers.

Oh definitely and I hope the lack of followup so far is an indication that they're striving to break that curse.

To be honest, I don't really have much hope that the delay will actually pay off well, considering how little Telltale communicates with the audience. I'd love to be proven wrong if the next episode actually delivers what is promised to us, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Ben's role as a determinant in Season 1 made deciding his fate actually worthwhile and meaningful, and it's such a shame to see determinant

• Might be important later in the story since family seems to be the main focus the season.

AgentZ46 posted: »

There's a line from Elaneor in episode 1 saying" I know a thing or two about losing family" implying that she did have a family, but they're not around anymore.

• edited January 2017

I'm more bothered at the idea of a disabled child (considering that she's confirmed by Telltale to have PTSD) has two horrific deaths in a single episode in the exact same manner as each other, rather than how Sarah is a character with the shortest amount of time with a determinant status.

Yeah, it's pretty bad for that along with numerous other reasons. Like, if she has to die for the sake for the story direction, how about have the characters we're supposed to be against(Buricko and/or Vitali) kill her instead of the character who was probably already on thin ice for some despite the fact that you clearly wanted everyone to love her? You got some variety to the choice outcome, you got some menace established in the new villains, and while Jane will still be the catalyst of it, she won't have as much blood on her hands and everyone's behavior would make more sense.

Her treatment in Amid The Ruins gave me the impression that the writers of that episode had nothing but utter contempt for her character, and had thought that she had earned not one but two death scenes for the pettiest reasons (which is funny, considering that one of the writers' surname is Petty).

There's apparently some truth to that, unfortunately.

If anything, the purpose behind Sarah's deaths felt more like that the writers had wanted to pander to those who have been wishing for her death, rather than actually make any effort in making Sarah's role in the story have any meaning.

And you pretty much hit the nail almost dead center in the head! The fact that both of her deaths essentially serve to establish Jane's 'tragic' character and to shill her over other characters yet again kinda makes it blatant.
    And what's sad about this is that they fail to have it effect anything: Clementine suffers little consequences beyond some brief heartbreak if she leaves her, Jane becomes damn near beyond the MEH once you've had time to process the implications and details of the whole situation, Kenny and Luke(or eventually Jane herself)'s feud ends up being pointlessly brought to ahead in part because neither of them are motivated specifically by the event, and Jane herself (who was clearly meant to stay gone due to what seemed to be hints of remorse) doesn't even really develop because of it as she more or less pulls a 180 in No Going Back with Sarah going almost completely unmentioned and Jaime being brought up like its no biggie(under the influence, no less!).
    Honestly, I wish they had followed Deltino's old example by simply having her be presumed dead offscreen with the option of returning in the future.

To me, the circumstances around Sarah's death was one of the lowest point of Season 2 due to how tasteless and immature the character was handled by the writers.

Hell, it is the black mark on the Season for me.

To be honest, I don't really have much hope that the delay will actually pay off well, considering how little Telltale communicates with the audience.

Aw well, my expectations were pretty near nonexistant when the two-parter first came out and I've enjoyed the story well enough so far, so we'll see.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Agreed. Still disappointed at how Sarah in particular was handled. "Oh, what's that?! One of our most unique characters has something in com

• Family has been a main focus since Season 1, dude. It's just that Season 2 was a bit inconsistent/picky about it at times.

Might be important later in the story since family seems to be the main focus the season.

• Well I mean we haven't had a full family as the focus like Javier's before. Everyone in previous seasons didnt have a big family alive like Javier; somewhat excluding Kenny and Rebecca but they were not the plot. Now if you're talking about family in a non literal way, then of cours that's true.

Family has been a main focus since Season 1, dude. It's just that Season 2 was a bit inconsistent/picky about it at times.

• Get the final four episodes of the series.

• Sarah's second death really left a bad taste in the mouth.

When replaying, I prefer to leave her to die in the trailer. I know that's harsh, but it fits the story better and the reactions afterwards from Luke and Rebecca are sadder in that version.

(Luke pulls Rebecca off-screen to talk about Sarah, you don't hear what he says to Rebecca but then you hear Rebecca start crying) That was pretty sad, actually made me tear up a bit.

And this is why Ben is still the best handled determinant character in the series.

• Gil looks a bit out of place there.

• inb4 delete Capricorn farms to make room for the split episode.

• Probably because his character model looks a little off.

Gil looks a bit out of place there.

• I said Gil, not Patricia. Though thanks for pointing that out.

• Well...I am an idiot. I didnt know that I could kill those walkers. When I saw them, the first thing I did was walk away from them.

Spodes posted: »

I'm going to assume this has already been told before and people know, but I was just thinking of it again. In season 2 episode 5, when Clem

• "He'll get pissy, but...he'll get over it. Sometimes with him you gotta ask for forgiveness rather than permission."

• ??

"He'll get pissy, but...he'll get over it. Sometimes with him you gotta ask for forgiveness rather than permission."

• Hmm.

Douug posted: »

Huh.

• Pointy.

Hmm.

• ... See ya.

fallandir posted: »

Pointy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.