The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Michelle was "The Daughter" nobody got down with and Russell leaving eventually got her dad killed because of Steve's psychosis. They shared similar feelings about his leadership and she follow his example in addition to stealing for pay back due to both Steve and her dad's influence.

Mike took her under his wing for a while but they split up due to disagreements on how they do things. This further influenced their conflicting views on groups and their display of empathy for others.

My question still stands. What were their links/relationships with her?

• Maybe there's a way to copy the address of the pictures and then search for them?

fallandir posted: »

Oh god, this thread is old as all balls. Kinda ashamed none of the pictures work, but it seems like it can't be fixed anymore.

• edited June 2017

Rebecca was definitely Team Kenny all the way.

Mike would definitely not have been Team Kenny. He was terrified of Kenny and has no issues stealing from him.

Hence why I specified after I rewatched In Harm's Way: Rebecca had apparently gotten close with him enough to call Luke's pragmatism bullshit and Mike had also become enough of a pal that he argued that they keep going with the plan when Luke wanted to wait and later sticks by Kenny if Clementine chops Sarita for a while before forcing him to get moving. However, you're right that his friendship with Bonnie and later Arvo would steer him away with Kenny's temper as the fuel.

Rebecca was definitely Team Kenny all the way. Mike would definitely not have been Team Kenny. He was terrified of Kenny and has no issues stealing from him.

• The option [Edit] doesn't even pop up so I guess thread is too old to change it. Strange.

DabigRG posted: »

Maybe there's a way to copy the address of the pictures and then search for them?

• Well that sucks. Still, maybe you can drag and drop the image into the address/search bar.

The option [Edit] doesn't even pop up so I guess thread is too old to change it. Strange.

• edited February 2017

Oops.

Any particular reason why you think that

• Yeah, I'd like to hear this as well.

Yes

• Check my Reply to Daze cuz I'm lazy.

Probably no idea.

• edited February 2017

Not sure, but I can check.(Sorry I didn't see this before.)

EDIT: Just bumped it.

Spodes posted: »

What happened to the screenshot thread? Mods locked it up again? Was going to post in it, but it's gone.

• Michonne by default since it has nothing to do with the Telltale series.

Clemenem posted: »

What was more pointless and irrelevant to the main arc 400 Days or Michonne? I'm gonna say Michonne because despite it's insignificance to the second season, it was still interesting, fun and well written, Michonne was not...

• Eh, perhaps. I wouldn't mind a Dr. Suikotsu or a Launch, though they'd need to be somewhat minor like Molly in order to not completely shit on the tone.

Clemenem posted: »

Would you be interested in seeing a character with multiple personality disorder in TWD?

• To be fair, I think Luke's ideas were actually pretty decent, it's the execution and cooperation that really sucked.

I believe that Luke was the de facto leader that people wanted to follow because of his charisma, but Carlos was really the one calling the

• Holy shit, how did I miss* this?!* Thanks, though I'm pretty sure this matches the one video there is.

meaningless mumbles; literally some sentence being used over again

Oh, is it? How odd cause I'd think the conservation would carry on once triggered aside from some deliberate pauses.

Rebecca: I want to get my sweater. (plot device sweater, there's no actual clothing left in the cabin except of Carlos' shirt)

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Rebecca: Assuming she doesn't turn. (wut)

Nick and Rebecca don't trust her.

-Pete, you saw that lurkers, all right. That's more than we've seen in a while. (seriously

Yeah, I don't get that either. I guess they just went undisturbed for a while.

Team Clem:

• Luke
    • Pete
    • Alvin

Team anti-Clem:

• Nick
    • Rebecca

Carlos is pretty much neutral and he sounds like he's the most reasonable of them all.

Yeah, that's pretty much the score. Your interactions with him and Sarah determines his overall opinion of you during the few moments where it's allowed, but he generally wants to help Clementine if she's not bitten but doesn't wanna waste supplies and will been somewhat hostile if you say the wrong things.

uncut version of the House Meeting from All That Remains No video, but I've tried my best to gather it all. The whole converation is

• Good point--and it's my own thread, too. Thanks!

"Thread of general TWD-related questions."

• That's interesting, I can definitely see her being the daughter from Steve's group. I can also envision a Michelle x Russell which I hadn't considered before. Wonder what would have happened to her dad, do you think Michelle was alone out there?

And are you assuming that Ralph=Mike?

Michelle was "The Daughter" nobody got down with and Russell leaving eventually got her dad killed because of Steve's psychosis. They shared

• I already read it when it was first posted. :D

But no, I don't think there was a dick-sized cloud.

Sorry bout that, forgot the http part. Try it now.

• edited February 2017

That's interesting, I can definitely see her being the daughter from Steve's group. I can also envision a Michelle x Russell which I hadn't considered before.

Yeah, truly a stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. As for the two of them getting together or at least having some romantic tension, that wasn't quite what I was going for when I wrote it, but like SarahxArvo, it's one of those things that fits the more you think about it and now I kinda like it. At the very least, I wrote it in such a way that makes it so that you can interpret them as having a somewhat mutual crush but not being able to spit it out if you really want to or simply see it as Russell caring enough about her that he doesn't intervene alongside Tavia when she jumps in to break up Michelle and Clementine's determinate little scuffle.

Wonder what would have happened to her dad, do you think Michelle was alone out there?

Uh, I thought I made that perfectly inferible: he was killed because of Steve's recklessness, either eaten by walkers(unlikely), killed by other survivors who fought back, or outright executed by him Lilly style.
    In the context of actual canon though, who knows. It's at least assumed that Michelle misses him enough that determinately hearing that Clementine got her hat from her own dad makes her a little more adamant about taking it for a second.

And are you assuming that Ralph=Mike?

Pretty much. Ralph disappears completely after Clementine falls into the river(unlike Winston and Victor), there's a model of Mike with his hood up in In Harm's Way, Dan White confirmed that this was the plan when he auditioned and first started recording in an interview, and Mike's treatment and interactions makes more sense with this knowledge, so why not?
    The main reason I use "Ralph" as a nick/street-name is because Mike is the name we're familiar with on a personal level, so it makes sense that he'd be going by his real name after meeting the group due to apparently being on friendly terms with Reggie, who introduces him anyway. Also, "Ooooh--Watch out for Mike!" :lol:

That's interesting, I can definitely see her being the daughter from Steve's group. I can also envision a Michelle x Russell which I hadn't

• I need to read that headcanon, do you have a link?

And woops, forgot you mentioned her dad already. My bad. It Would be interesting to see what happened to Steve's group after Russell left, this ruining their magic count of 7 members. I agree that it was a combo of walkers and resistant survivors and bad luck.

I also agree that Ralph was probably Mike. I only have one issue with it though and that is the fact that Clem does not recognize him. Apparently in the original version Ralph would try to make amends to Clementine

That's interesting, I can definitely see her being the daughter from Steve's group. I can also envision a Michelle x Russell which I hadn't

• edited February 2017

I need to read that headcanon, do you have a link?

Yep, since I was actually considering reworking it into a proper narrative/fanfic when I finally found the time and energy. Enjoy!
    EDIT: Not sure if it links to the proper comment, but the longer version is on the second to last page.

And woops, forgot you mentioned her dad already. My bad. It Would be interesting to see what happened to Steve's group after Russell left, this ruining their magic count of 7 members. I agree that it was a combo of walkers and resistant survivors and bad luck.

It's cool; it was a really brief mention after all.
    My thought process was that since Nate was obviously meant to be somewhat reminscent of Steve except "friendlier", it'd make sense that he'd get [even more] agressive after Russell walked out on them or at the very least, do what you'd expect someone of that mindset would do; he does still kill Walt and Jean if Russell stand up to him out of seeming anger at being rejected.

I also agree that Ralph was probably Mike. I only have one issue with it though and that is the fact that Clem does not recognize him. Apparently in the original version Ralph would try to make amends to Clementine

Yeah, that's my thought as well. Dan White said that the audition/first recordings involved him trying to convince the group not to attack/kill him, so they likely either rewrote that scene during the big changes to the story to omit that or simply cut the scene proper from the existing game. I think the (admittedly hand-wavey) compromise was that Clementine did secretly recognize him at some point before going to sleep and would've given Kenny and Luke the heads-up before confronting him herself. I think that's what I went when I wrote it back in, at least.

I need to read that headcanon, do you have a link? And woops, forgot you mentioned her dad already. My bad. It Would be interesting to se

• Oh, okay. You said it didn't link properly at the time, so I just reworked it.

I already read it when it was first posted. But no, I don't think there was a dick-sized cloud.

• Posted January 22

Whoa, it's been a while since then, I quit this site already (still check notifications though). At the time of posting it the mods had it under private control, but looks like they released it back to the public since then, but I still will never go here anyways, fuck this site (still some great people, but damn....it's pretty bad). How is the current state of this site since I quit? Is it still disgusting fan fiction, disgusting Clem threads/comments, etc? I mean I still wouldn't return, but it'd be nice hearing how it's doing so far, or is it just the same old thing.

Not sure, but I can check.(Sorry I didn't see this before.) EDIT: Just bumped it.

• By Carver?

Is Nick the only one to comment on Kenny getting beat down?

• Oh, you were leaving? I didn't know that and wondered where you had been for a while--sorry to hear that. Not sure what you're referring to with "disgusting fan fiction, disgusting Clem threads/comments, etc," but things have honestly been a been dry for the last week or two. I've been going through this thread and a few others asking questions and posting things just to have something to talk about, if I'm honest.

At the very least, there's an AMA questionaire with Mr. Job going on you can check out, even if I'm not sure if he's still answering them.

Posted January 22 Whoa, it's been a while since then, I quit this site already (still check notifications though). At the time of po

• edited February 2017

Yes, while it's happening.

By Carver?

• Yeah, I left a while ago, and I only check notifications for a conversation with a friend I've been having on here, but that conversation is a bit dead as of now, so I don't know. Also not going into the whole "Clem" stuff, it fucked my mind up so badly and some very negative results occurred subsequently, still trying to get passed it, and no I'm not talking about the rule 34 shit, I actually never saw any of it as the first time it recently happened I looked upwards and saw a picture in the corner of my eye, kinda knew what it was going to be, and didn't see anything really, so whenever I get a notification I just look upwards to check if there's a picture or not, since your own feed isn't safe for fucks sake (I've suggested a complete fix for this, but web devs would take two years to develop the implementation given how slow it's all coming). Even if the the threads have been "dry", I simply cannot trust this site anymore given the horrible; disturbing shit I've read here, hell, even Steam community is better with all of the "Gabe" scenario, just fuck season 3 and fuck TWD communities. I've been sharing my passion with a friend on here, discussing and such, so that's how I've been avoiding communities recently, but that'll run out soon enough, and I guess I'll just have to keep my thoughts in my mind, what a shame, there's many great people on here, but I just can't justify visiting the community any longer. Sorry for going on a rant, just had to say that; speak my mind.

Oh, you were leaving? I didn't know that and wondered where you had been for a while--sorry to hear that. Not sure what you're referring to

• ...Okay. That sounds a multitude of things that you just couldn't take anymore as far as I can tell. I can't imagine too many things worse than the rule 34 stuff, though to be fair I'm pretty desensitized to that type of stuff for the most part given my education experience and history with the internet. Sorry to hear that buddy and I hope you can get over it all after you leave.

Yeah, I left a while ago, and I only check notifications for a conversation with a friend I've been having on here, but that conversation is

• edited February 2017

Yeah, a bunch of shit adds up, and also trust me, I'm used to the internet and even went in 4chan /b/ gore threads back in the day along with all shocker videos, so not much disgusts me. Any form of child P is something I detest though, in any way, and especially to Clementine of all characters....it's just fucking low and I'd rather them perish, I don't have sympathy regarding that topic, but yeah, that's why I quit this site, and to be fair my mental state has improved since then, but it left some wounds behind that I still have to recover here and there (wondering when I will). It kind of makes me hate season 3 even more (thank fuck I wasn't here for season 2), but I'd be willing to move past it if Clem felt more in character (she contradicts her own season 2 gun safety shooting Eli, while justified, annoys me and also her having a New Frontier stamped, and just feels less empathetic, I could go on but season 2 depicted her character at its prime in my opinion; remained moral, empathetic, but did what needed to be done and also survived just fine after she found her strength), here's hoping for episode 3 though, although I doubt they'll repair the blemishes much.

...Okay. That sounds a multitude of things that you just couldn't take anymore as far as I can tell. I can't imagine too many things worse t

• Any form of child P is something I detest though, in any way, and especially to Clementine of all characters....it's just fucking low and I'd rather them perish, I don't have sympathy regarding that topic, but yeah, that's why I quit this site

That's completely understandable

It kind of makes me hate season 3 even more (thank fuck I wasn't here for season 2)

I was just about to say, most of it was Season 2 era shit--that's what makes it worse, imo. :lol:

I'd be willing to move past it if Clem felt more in character (she contradicts her own season 2 gun safety shooting Eli, while justified, annoys me and also her having a New Frontier stamped, and just feels less empathetic, season 2 depicted her character at its prime I believe), here's hoping for episode 3 though, although I doubt they'll repair the blemishes much.

Oh, definitely agreed. Though with 2 minor distinctions:1. I've been given the interpretation that some of the gun talk was her just repeating what Lee told her and maybe even trying a little to sound cool/serious to Sarah("Just keep shooting":confused:) and 2. this is mostly due to determinant choices but she could be pretty jarringly awful a few times. Maybe not as bad as ANF for the most part, but still.

Yeah, a bunch of shit adds up, and also trust me, I'm used to the internet and even went in 4chan /b/ gore threads back in the day along wit

• I've been given the interpretation that some of the gun talk was her just repeating what Lee told her and maybe even trying a little to sound cool/serious to Sarah("Just keep shooting":confused:)

No, I do believe she took what Lee said to heart, especially since Lee was essentially more important than her actual father (never talks about her real parents, only Lee and other friends from what we've witnessed), and her first gun lessons stuck with her, she respected them all throughout season 2, but season 3 straight up plays with fire. If we're being realistic, two misfires in a row is enough then apparently a third one is the charm completely deducts a conclusion of "bullshit", which is probably why I'm disappointing in her actually having to kill an innocent person for once (Lee doesn't count, Kenny, etc, they all had reasons, and yes Eli was a shit head but not enough to kill him, in a way it's justified, but again, it's out of character from what I've concluded that she's pull something such as this). A 2 year time skip and it's just weird now, a side note though: I actually preferred season 2's engine, it gave a perfect mixture between looking great and having comic book themed games, season 3 has strayed away from that a bit too much I believe, and it's hard to recognize that Clem looks like that after 2 years of season 2, just.....okay.

and 2. this is mostly due to determinant choices but she could be pretty jarringly awful a few times. Maybe not as bad as ANF for the most part, but still.

I guess? If anything, this proves she cannot be a side character any longer, but I don't like this new personality, especially when the majority made moral choices and less impulsive ones, plus it would only continue her season 1 unplayable character persona. I don't get it: Season 1 - Very moral, has faith in the world, kind, cute, innocent, etc. Season 2 - Determinant, but even so, you're still forced into moral choices in areas. Season 3 - Hasn't really showed any clear characteristics that relate to seasons 1 & 2 (again determinant, but I've explained the majority choices and plot), and appears older than 13, also she doesn't have that same sentiment in general, it's just awkward at this point, I don't like where they're going with it. I just hope in season 4 they fix it (we'll most likely have Javier as our older brother type, and we play Clem, at least my ideal scenario, hoping they don't trash Javier's character after dedicated a season to him).

Anyways, I'm very fatigued and have work to still complete, so there's not too much thought nor impressively organized syntax or replies, but it's something; it's been a rough day.

Any form of child P is something I detest though, in any way, and especially to Clementine of all characters....it's just fucking low and I'

• No, I do believe she took what Lee said to heart, especially since Lee was essentially more important than her actual father (never talks about her real parents, only Lee and other friends from what we've witnessed), and her first gun lessons stuck with her, she respected them all throughout season 2, but season 3 straight up plays with fire. If we're being realistic, two misfires in a row is enough then apparently a third one is the charm completely deducts a conclusion of "bullshit", which is probably why I'm disappointing in her actually having to kill an innocent person for once (Lee doesn't count, Kenny, etc, they all had reasons, and yes Eli was a shit head but not enough to kill him, in a way it's justified, but again, it's out of character from what I've concluded that she's pull something such as this).

Oh no, I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing those minor things out; btw, she can mention Ed when meets "George" at the Cabin but that's it. Her not only killing Eli but immediately trying to cover it up is more or less the exact type of thing I was afraid would happen after the second half of Season 2.

I actually preferred season 2's engine, it gave a perfect mixture between looking great and having comic book themed games, season 3 has strayed away from that a bit too much I believe, and it's hard to recognize that Clem looks like that after 2 years of season 2, just.....okay.

People have joked that she looks like a model for a reason.

it's just awkward at this point, I don't like where they're going with it.

Yeah, as I've said, it feels like they've leaped away from what made her special in the first place in favor of pushing her "badass" qualities through the roof, essentially making her another Jane(which was apparently the point, but still).

I just hope in season 4 they fix it (we'll most likely have Javier as our older brother type, and we play Clem, at least my ideal scenario, hoping they don't trash Javier's character after dedicated a season to him).

Dude, I'm not even sure if they should do one at this point, even if you don't consider ANF Season 3.

Anyways, I'm very fatigued and have work to still complete, so there's not too much thought nor impressively organized syntax or replies, but it's something; it's been a rough day.

That's okay, man. Just nice to talk with you again and I hope you get better!

I've been given the interpretation that some of the gun talk was her just repeating what Lee told her and maybe even trying a little to soun

• Oh no, I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing those minor things out; btw, she can mention Ed when meets "George" at the Cabin but that's it. Her not only killing Eli but immediately trying to cover it up is more or less the exact type of thing I was afraid would happen after the second half of Season 2.

Yeah, I don't know what they're doing with her anymore....I've been pretending it doesn't exist (I'll reconsider it's existence after episode 3 releases). I just stay happy with my happy ending, Clem and Kenny, pictures related, loved the entire dialogue of that Wellington scene, *"Where you don't have to sleep with a gun at night." and so on, it's a shame they trashed it in season 3 to the extent where I didn't even really care that he died, hell, his only respectable death is Clementine shooting him, but I do not believe shooting Kenny is justified considering how much in the right he was regarding that ordeal, but that's another argument. They killed Lee's best friend, our last hope for a season 1 connection, and......it's gone, which is why I think they're trying to hard to make Javier a character we grow on (main character nad all), but it's not working that much, compared to the others (Omid, Kenny, etc.) they killed. I like Javier as a character, but it feels too forced upon, especially his family's story and how we're supposed to cater to them when they're incompetent (fucking 5 years in...) and complete liabilities thus far.

People have joked that she looks like a model for a reason.

Honestly, she does, there's about no blood on her or anything, and well, her "body grew" a bit and I don't like her outfit much, just for fucks sake, keep her classy like the cool long sleeve purple shirt, or keep a jacket, something on, it's just awkward and makes fan fiction worse.

Yeah, as I've said, it feels like they've leaped away from what made her special in the first place in favor of pushing her "badass" qualities through the roof, essentially making her another Jane(which was apparently the point, but still).

She's not Jane level just yet, but I agree with everything else.

Dude, I'm not even sure if they should do one at this point, even if you don't consider ANF Season 3.

This might be true, they should go back to their old engine, and make great Clem stories again, I dunno that's my ideal world but I know we'll never get something good as seasons 1 and 2 again sadly.

That's okay, man. Just nice to talk with you again and I hope you get better!

Yeah, I enjoyed discussing with many in this community, but I can't bare some aspects of this place sadly. I would ideally love to discuss the game with others, but finding a community that doesn't talk about rather disgusting shit has been inevitable, and this community has been the worst of it, and don't even get me started on that disgusting fucking model swapping, Jesus Christ, people need to spoiler marks on that....

No, I do believe she took what Lee said to heart, especially since Lee was essentially more important than her actual father (never talks ab

• [removed]

No, I do believe she took what Lee said to heart, especially since Lee was essentially more important than her actual father (never talks ab

• [removed]

• Didn't Bonnie say something like "It's enough Bill, stop!"

Is Nick the only one to comment on Kenny getting beat down?

• Well, Doug was just good, kind-hearted person. Probably noticed that Ben was overwhelmed by the situation and tried to help him.

• Yes, but I was referring to the comments you here. As far as I can tell, Nick is the one saying those things.

Didn't Bonnie say something like "It's enough Bill, stop!"

• I got the vibe that they were somewhat buddy-buddy compared to Carley, plus he had already proven himself to be heroic offscreen.

• Oh well, then no.

Sarita and Bonnie commented on it too.

Yes, while it's happening.

• He is not some innocent man, he strikes me as a killer when things do not go his way...the man was stealing from him...so sure he beat his ass. Plus when you see him in S2 he is in the group that killed Christa. His body is by the fishing spot.

Any particular reason why you think that

• I don't get why they killed Kenny off. I have often said that along with the main character of the story, that it also has to have good supporting characters, particularly those that have been around and that we've had some sort of history with.

And Kenny was such a character. Hell, he'd been apart of the series since episode 1!

Having characters like that around adds to the depth of the story. And without them, the whole damn thing suffers as a result.

So why did the writers, whom I'm sure all work very hard; and who are obviously talented, make such an obvious blunder?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.