The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited February 2017

From what I've been reading, it seemed that the writers wanted to start the season fresh, meaning new characters (Javi, Kate, Tripp, etc.), new storylines and overall pretty much a new game going in a different direction. They probably felt that they ran out of mileage with Kenny, and wanted us to mostly just focus on the New Frontier. Problem is that, like you said, we have a lot more history and connection with characters like Kenny (and Jane for myself and others), and it's difficult to care about a group you know is likely to die. Plus, we haven't yet seen anything all that memorable with this new batch. I mean, if you were to ask me about the personalities of any of the motor inn or cabin members, we've probably got enough there to fill a dozen pages at least. This year, aside from maybe Javi, I probably couldn't tell you a damn thing about anybody, and we've already got some folks marked for death (Kate, Conrad) or dead already before they could properly develop (Mari, Conrad again).

In hindsight, they probably shouldn't have given us so many different endings for season 2. Maybe it would've been easier to craft a story based around our endings if we had like 3 to choose from instead. It might be too early to tell if these newbies are going to be interesting or not, but they've got quite a bit of catching up to do.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I don't get why they killed Kenny off. I have often said that along with the main character of the story, that it also has to have good supp

• A combination of things. The obvious ones are that he became determinant at the end of the previous Season and he was gonna be determinantly alive in a story that has Clementine as an "edgier" character with connections to the New Frontier formed out of desperation. You kinda have to kill/write him off in order for the story to work without having to deal with "Why didn't Kenny help her?" or "But he's dead in my game?"

Now, just to throw my stance on that exact question out there while I'm at it, while definitely agree that there definitely should've been a larger list of old characters to pluck from when applicable, I was actually kinda hoping Kenny himself died early on into ANF for exactly the reason you gave among others.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I don't get why they killed Kenny off. I have often said that along with the main character of the story, that it also has to have good supp

• He seemed like a calm but extremist man to me. But, as you point out, things change and he apparently became Leader of the North Carolina Bandits or at least a rival one.

He is not some innocent man, he strikes me as a killer when things do not go his way...the man was stealing from him...so sure he beat his ass. Plus when you see him in S2 he is in the group that killed Christa. His body is by the fishing spot.

• I agree that he was rather murderous, I'm mainly just confused about why he would lie about beating him and why Clive covered for him if he did lie.

He is not some innocent man, he strikes me as a killer when things do not go his way...the man was stealing from him...so sure he beat his ass. Plus when you see him in S2 he is in the group that killed Christa. His body is by the fishing spot.

• Clive struck me as a bit a coward.

I agree that he was rather murderous, I'm mainly just confused about why he would lie about beating him and why Clive covered for him if he did lie.

• Okay but why would Roman beat him and lie

Clive struck me as a bit a coward.

• Ok, thinking hypothetically: if Telltale were to add a sixth episode "Episode 6: Divided We Fall" (it sounds so good ahhhhhnnnnfff), what do you think and wish would be depicted on that slide?

I think that two silhouettes in the distance curiously resembling Kenny and Jane wouldn't only look cool, but would also get the fanbase to go apeshit.

• Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make Season 3 for the players who are lazy to play the previous seasons in the first place?

• Its a common marketing strategy meant to increase the size of the audience beyond the existing demographic. Clementine so far is more of a mysterious side character with a major role, so not playing the previous games is two potential sales in the future if the viewer is interested enough to witness her story firsthand.

AronDracula posted: »

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make Season 3 for the players who are lazy to play the previous seasons in the first place?

• Because there are some people you can intimidate...and there are others you need to be gentle with and show them a more humane side...Clive may have seen Roman at his worst...but he is intimidated, plus the safety of being in a group keeps him quiet. With Shel...he rightly feels that she will bolt if he is too vicious...and she has shown that she can be respected...you need people like that to help keep the group functioning. Roman knows his people...whom he can intimidate and whom he can not. Catching that guy and beating him was in his mind just. Hell you can be hard pressed to disagree with that sometimes.

Okay but why would Roman beat him and lie

• Yeah, I can definitely understand that, which makes the fact that he may've felt the need to lie about that even more odd.

Because there are some people you can intimidate...and there are others you need to be gentle with and show them a more humane side...Clive

• edited February 2017

Okay, this is weird observation, especially since it's coming for me, but why weren't Reggie, Troy, Carlos and determinately Sarita and Sarah among the herd that attacks the observation deck?

• That...is an excellent question. Check Sialark's playthrough, as I believe they did exactly that.

• Meh, guess she just considers them equals in general, even if it's not true.

• edited February 2017

What happens in this situation. The Stranger is holding Clementine with him at the Marsh House and Carver is dead set on finding her and taking her prisoner. They meet up in a similar situation as with Lee

Question 1: What would realistically happen in a confrontation between the two. Who would win in a battle of wits or violence and who would Clementine come to the aid of?

enter image description here

Question 2: Carver's group is given the task of clearing out all the walkers in the vicinity of the Marsh House, what happens?

• Question 1: What would realistically happen in a confrontation between the two. Who would win in a battle of wits or violence and who would Clementine come to the aid of?

Carver would probably either kill the Stranger the first chance he got or at least overpower him so he can take him captive. The whole point of the stranger is he's not just some villain but rather a tired man who's lost everything and is looking for a way to make up for it; Carver on the otherhand is some villain with a posse backing him up.

Question 2: Carver's group is given the task of clearing out all the walkers in the vicinity of the Marsh House, what happens?

Carver's group just moes many of them down before either reloading or simply calling it quits and retreating.

Clemenem posted: »

What happens in this situation. The Stranger is holding Clementine with him at the Marsh House and Carver is dead set on finding her and tak

• Bronies(or anyone who just feels like humoring it): What type of pony would each character be? Who would be a non-pony?

• edited February 2017

Considering we know that Clementine in ANF has been shown to zone out and dwell on the past via flashbacks, do you think that in S2E1 while staring at the campfire she was thinking back to what happened with Omid, thereby making that it's own 'flashback'?

• That's a pretty good observation! Sure, why not.

Davissons posted: »

Considering we know that Clementine in ANF has been shown to zone out and dwell on the past via flashbacks, do you think that in S2E1 while

• When I came into Season 2 back in June, one of the few spoilery things I "knew" about it going in was that Kenny returns (with a greybeard and a missing eye) as a mentor figure for Clementine. Of course, like a few other things, it didn't go in that direction. Do you think this would've been an interesting idea if they actually utilized it?

• Just curious, is there an actual thread on what the general opinion on Javier's character and his role as protagonist is? If there isn't, I might make one, cause I'm kinda interested to know if the response has been positive or negative, as I don't see much discussion about him really so far.

• As far as I know, the only one was someone complaining about how "a new protagonist just isn't working." So I think you're all clear!

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Just curious, is there an actual thread on what the general opinion on Javier's character and his role as protagonist is? If there isn't, I

• Well first off I don't think that the herd at Howes was the same that showed up at the observation deck. They were shooting guns from the roof so I'm positive that the walkers would have been fixated on thag spot for quite a while. Second of all, Sarah was devoured inside of an rv, so if there was anything left of her to reanimated then she probably wouldn't make it out of the trailer park very quickly. And yeah, Carlos, Troy, and Sarah were like completely chewed up and might not have turned at all.

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, this is weird observation, especially since it's coming for me, but why weren't Reggie, Troy, Carlos and determinately Sarita and Sarah among the herd that attacks the observation deck?

• I doubt they would even get to the point of sitting down and talking. When asked to put down his things Carver would make a move and jump the stranger. Carver would be able to see the weakness in this guy immediately.

Clemenem posted: »

What happens in this situation. The Stranger is holding Clementine with him at the Marsh House and Carver is dead set on finding her and tak

• edited February 2017

Well first off I don't think that the herd at Howes was the same that showed up at the observation deck. They were shooting guns from the roof so I'm positive that the walkers would have been fixated on thag spot for quite a while.

Mmm...perhaps. I just got the vibe they might've been the same ones given that Howe's seems to be largely abandoned in the Jane endings, they seemed to show up not too long after Rebecca started screaming hours after they were last seen, Jane mentioned that they operate primarily on smell and actively seek out the living, and the herd itself is the most direct antagonist of the episode after Jane herself.
    Still, it felt like a missed opportunity given what happens with and especially without Sarah present.

Second of all, Sarah was devoured inside of an rv, so if there was anything left of her to reanimated then she probably wouldn't make it out of the trailer park very quickly.

Well that's a comforting thought I really didn't need to think about. :disappointed_relieved: Man, fuck Jane.

And yeah, Carlos, Troy, and Sarah were like completely chewed up and might not have turned at all.

That can happen?

Well first off I don't think that the herd at Howes was the same that showed up at the observation deck. They were shooting guns from the ro

• edited February 2017

Is there more thread's like this one on Mike? Can someone possibly make one that everyone can do the same for a character of their choice?

Also, do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

• Herds operate primarily by sound. All those guns going off definitely kept the herd centralized around Howes. Whatever part of the herd that wasnt killed by the Hiwes group probably followed whoever was able to escape Howes via their vehicles or gunshots, hence why Howes is empty in the Jane ending.

And yeah, it's possible to be completely eaten, even to where your brain is eaten and not reanimated, right? It's like Jane with her sister.... she knows that Jaime was killed by walkers but she didn't have the guts to check if there was enough left to reanimate. Really sad that Kenny had the same fate in his ending.

Well first off I don't think that the herd at Howes was the same that showed up at the observation deck. They were shooting guns from the ro

• It's like Jane with her sister.... she knows that Jaime was killed by walkers but she didn't have the guts to check if there was enough left to reanimate.

You know, you're the only person who's spun it like that despite your name. From the way she described it, I'm pretty sure she just bailed on her in general and couldn't bare to give her a few more seconds to show up and decided to just leave assuming the worst, leaving the door open for Jaime to have potentially gotten away.

Herds operate primarily by sound. All those guns going off definitely kept the herd centralized around Howes. Whatever part of the herd that

• I mean Jane herself spun it that way, but I guess she isn't the most trustworthy narrator.

It's like Jane with her sister.... she knows that Jaime was killed by walkers but she didn't have the guts to check if there was enough left

• edited February 2017

True. At the very least, I would think she'd be pretty damn honest about what happened that day given that it was the meat of her character and she got moody every time it came up.

Too bad No Going Back's power plant sequence completely chucked that
    (and any remaining speck of hope of sympathizing with her character) out the window with an incidental namedrop like it was no biggie; Man, I hated that scene(and officially Jane) on my first playthrough.

I mean Jane herself spun it that way, but I guess she isn't the most trustworthy narrator.

• Given that we recently confirmed Arvo's preestablishment not too long ago, is there concept art of Jane? Or Mike while we're at it?

• I believed her about what happened but I truly wouldn't be surprised if she lied and it was a lot worse than she let on. She would want to both shield herself from some shame and responsibility as well as make herself look better and more tragic in the eyea of Luke and Clem.

And wait, what is your issue with the power generator sequence?

True. At the very least, I would think she'd be pretty damn honest about what happened that day given that it was the meat of her character

• I had some questions pertaining to when you choose to let Rebecca rest a few days at the end of s2e4. I know this was a rather irrelevant major choice that they ended up changing to the AJ choice but try to humor me.

• How long did the group actually wait before moving on?
    • What did the group do during this time? A few days is a significant amount of time and they didn't seem to scavenge anything.
    • What did Jane do during this time to where she was close enough to help them against the Russians? Was she following them or what?
    • Is it safe to assume that this was a good choice because Rebecca got to spend more time alive with her child?
  • edited February 2017

To be blunt: How it was essentially one big middle finger to me and Sarah, as well as how sloppy the writing of that entire subplot was.

I believed her about what happened but I truly wouldn't be surprised if she lied and it was a lot worse than she let on. She would want to b

• edited February 2017

How long did the group actually wait before moving on?

I believe for a few days.

What did the group do during this time? A few days is a significant amount of time and they didn't seem to scavenge anything.

Probably basic things like let Rebecca rest, scout the area for substanance and any remaining supplies once the walker numbers were manageable, dealt with Sarah if Kenny Luke or Kenny hadn't already before Jane left, and just took a load off in general given they spent several days in turmoil.

What did Jane do during this time to where she was close enough to help them against the Russians? Was she following them or what?

She was getting her powers stripped by Sheogorath because Sarah's life wouldn't due as a fair trade--too pure. What she needed was someone full of rage....

Is it safe to assume that this was a good choice because Rebecca got to spend more time alive with her child?

Definitely. She already lost so many of her friends and her husband over it., so she deserved some time to actually be a mother.

I had some questions pertaining to when you choose to let Rebecca rest a few days at the end of s2e4. I know this was a rather irrelevant ma

• Is it possible that Luke was originally the player character of Season 2 at one point?

• edited February 2017

Here's various thread ideas I've been considering; any grabber?:

Character Categories
    Villains
    Confessions
    Pizza and Ice Cream: Alternative Scenarios
    Unused/Early Materials
    Hypothetical Fights
    Alternative Character Interpretations
    MtG Color Wheel
    Misconceptions
    Cross Universe Counterparts
    A reboot of my very first threads
    Random Thoughts
    Keywords/Themes associated with each Character
    Shades of Conflict
    Fanfiction as a concept and an experience
    Criminal record
    Philosophies and Lifestyles
    Combining Characters and/or Shifting Roles
    Team Rosters for Luke: Civil War (I really want to discuss this for some reason and/or need to watch that damn movie)

• I'd hope they'd have some sort of conversation like:

The Stranger: You're a tyrant and a monster and those people of yours are mindless slaves that you...

Carver: Shut up, Shut up Shut the fuck up

I doubt they would even get to the point of sitting down and talking. When asked to put down his things Carver would make a move and jump the stranger. Carver would be able to see the weakness in this guy immediately.

• That doesn't answer where they get their stock from when that stuff inevitable runs low.

They seemed to keep everything in that one back room. Plus everyone seemed to take part in maintaining the equipment and supplies and had access to them.

• Oh sorry I misunderstood your initial question.

Judging from Bonnie's story, it seems that Roman did the scouting alongside Clive and Stephanie. Roman seemed to trust Shel and the others were old folks so im sure he didn't think too much about leaving them to defend the place. It's also possible that they scouted in pairs and that all three went out on Bonnies story just because it was a break in.

That doesn't answer where they get their stock from when that stuff inevitable runs low.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.