The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Okay, that makes some amount of sense. Also, no that reply wasn't late, why do you ask? :lol:

Oh sorry I misunderstood your initial question. Judging from Bonnie's story, it seems that Roman did the scouting alongside Clive and Ste

• Criminal Record

• Okay, so I finally took a look into this game called Road to Survival, which features characters from across the franchise. Can someone tell me why Oberson Crawford and friggin Alex Fairbanks are in this game, but not any of the Cabin Group, Ski Lodge Group, Howe's Hardware inhabitants, or Russian Group?

• There probably isn't any concept art of Mike since he was shoehorned in at the last second in episode 3 because he was supposed to be Ralph, one of the guys who attacks Christa. I wonder if there is concept art of Reggie but I kinda doubt it, he felt more like a celebrity cameo than an intended character.

DabigRG posted: »

Given that we recently confirmed Arvo's preestablishment not too long ago, is there concept art of Jane? Or Mike while we're at it?

• edited February 2017

True, though I'd say Mike is more of a leftover model of a dummied out plot point than a shoehorned character. Also, you'd think Reggie'd still have concept art if they were going to implement him into the story the way they did, but maybe not.

Graysonn posted: »

There probably isn't any concept art of Mike since he was shoehorned in at the last second in episode 3 because he was supposed to be Ralph,

• Wait, so there's NOT four more episodes on the way?

Ok, thinking hypothetically: if Telltale were to add a sixth episode "Episode 6: Divided We Fall" (it sounds so good ahhhhhnnnnfff), what do

• How did the power generator scene have anything to do with Sarah?

To be blunt: How it was essentially one big middle finger to me and Sarah, as well as how sloppy the writing of that entire subplot was.

• Okay, apparently this community used to be disorganized as fuck because I couldn't find one solidified location for episode discussion. So with that in mind, the A House Divided related discussions begin back on what is currently page 680.

Btw, the "Kenny for Season 2" crowd was obnoxious as fuck!

Anybody have a link to an old thread/image regarding the geography involved in Season 2? I remember someone laid out a map of where the season took place from the cabin to the ski-lodge to Howe's and so forth.

• Alex Fairbanks

Who?

Okay, so I finally took a look into this game called Road to Survival, which features characters from across the franchise. Can someone tell

• edited February 2017

enter image description here

Clemenem posted: »

Alex Fairbanks Who?

• Okay, this was an observation/connection I've had on my mind for a while now, but do you think Sarah in Amid the Ruins was originally Nick?

• Do you care about Russell's well being? Would you like him to be alive and to see him again?

• edited February 2017

I guess. Russell, despite seeming like he was pulled from an afterschool special, was definitely a character that I could sympathize with: someone who acts snide at times but shows how much he cares when he feels innocent people are threatened, standing up to those who are stronger and less peaceful than he is despite not being very active himself. His hesitance to trust people is clearly trauma of his experiences under the wing of psychopaths like Steve and Nate, both of whom he couldn't stand by for long and only desired to reunite with his family. He's not the most interesting character from the DLC but I do hope he was able to get out of harm's way and reunited with his family.

Clemenem posted: »

Do you care about Russell's well being? Would you like him to be alive and to see him again?

• edited February 2017

That'll have to do, thanks!

And uh...

Btw, the "Kenny for Season 2" crowd was obnoxious as fuck!

I think I was a small part of that. It was funny at the time. For me anyway.

Update: Fouuund it! Thanks, mate! (Ya made it easier to find it, I appreciate the effort you made in helping me with this. This is my last edit, I swear.)

Okay, apparently this community used to be disorganized as fuck because I couldn't find one solidified location for episode discussion. So w

• I think I was a small part of that. It was funny at the time. For me anyway.

I'm sure it was and I appreciate a good meme/running-gag every once in a while but seeing that gif of his smug face that was like having a fucking seizure every few clicks.

Update: Fouuund it! Thanks, mate! (Ya made it easier to find it, I appreciate the effort you made in helping me with this. This is my last edit, I swear.)

Oh, it's fine; I don't check my notifications often anyway. :p And you're welcome!

That'll have to do, thanks! And uh... Btw, the "Kenny for Season 2" crowd was obnoxious as fuck! I think I was a small part

• That would've been a really fun season

Is it possible that Luke was originally the player character of Season 2 at one point?

• edited February 2017

Okay since I have nowhere else to post this really, I'd like to ask some opinion/feedback for certain situations in season 1 as I believe I'm going to play it again (season 2 subsequently) tomorrow. I'm still trying to be moral Lee like I was the first time but I did make a few mistakes inadvertently and some were justified in my opinion.

Giving the gun to the lady at the motel area:

Yes, I believe she had a right to take her own life (someone else should've done it for her if anything) considering the circumstances of the apocalypse and not wanting to become a walker, but hell, the walkers are right below us. So what do I do here? I still think I'm going to prevent her from having that gun, not like it does anything, but hell, I don't want her to draw attention regardless...

Taking supplies from the apparent abandoned car:

My first play through I took from the car as I believed it not to be stealing, I genuinely thought whoever had it had died and we were starving, I thought of taking care of Clem and others in our group. I also like that Clem gets that red hoodie, makes her more cute and hopefully less cold, but what should I do? I believe Clem doesn't want to take anything, so I might do that for Clem's sake. Does Kenny get angry at you? Does it effect the relationship between Kenny and Lee? In my first play through I had Kenny as a brother and I want that to remain for my second play through, also Kenny is like an uncle to Clem and they always agree (excluding his plan when they get tied up in Carver's group at first to just jump at them, I told him it's not a good idea, we should just wait).

Letting Ben fall or pulling him up:

Again, I would prefer Kenny to be on my side, but I've heard the major difference is restraining Lily so Kenny can drop a salt lick on Larry's head, which I agree with (If I recall, Clem understands why it had to be done?) not because of personal beef, but because Kenny is right, he's a huge guy, not to mention we would have to have a defibrillator to make an effort, CPR is futile. So anyways, Ben at that point really does want to die, he knows he's been a huge burden ever since and would rather go out now, in my first play through I let him go because Ben really did convince me, not because he's a huge liability really, and believe me, I felt bad for him and would still want him to be alive, but that's futile also. So what should I do here? Will Kenny change his mind on going to help Clem and will Clem not like me for it? I vaguely remember Lee trying to explain to Clem, but it's doesn't really work out, and Clem considering him a "friend", but I don't know, this is all why I'm asking you guys.

Choking out the Stranger or letting him wake up later:

The first play through I honestly didn't know there was an option to let go, I just mashed Q like the screen said, but I still think, "This asshole is the reason I'm slowly dying, the reason I'm being ripped apart from Clementine, the guy who manipulated her into being kidnapped subsequently, this guy deserves what he got". Clementine also seems to side with killing the Stranger, as she knows this guy is an asshole, and put Lee through so much suffering both physically and mentally (bit, cutting off arm (determinant), etc.). This question isn't much of a thing that I'd be swayed on, but I still feel some ill killing him, even after what he did, and on a side note I'm going to let both farmers die from walkers this time, the first time I pitchforked Danny on impulse and Clementine watched me to it, she was....shocked, and I felt bad after exposing that to her as an 8-year-old (she turns 9 in episode 3).

I'm sure I could think of a bit more, who knows, but if someone does respond to give input, it'd be appreciated.

• Well, if you're trying to be Moral!Lee(which is pretty much what I think he'd be anyway), this is what think about each:

Giving the gun to the lady at the motel area:

Not really sure, but I think refusing is technically the moral choice since Doug and Carley are a worked bit about if you agree to give it to her.

Taking supplies from the apparent abandoned car:

I don't think Kenny really hold's that choice against you but he may get annoyed for moment.

Letting Ben fall or pulling him up:

Okay, this one I'm not sure about. Obviously, pulling him up is the right thing to do on multiple levels, but Kenny will be miffed about it. Also, I recall hearing that apparently you either have to restrain Lilly or drop Ben in order for Kenny to go with you at the end but I'm pretty sure I've seen/played instances where he does anyway, so eh?

Choking out the Stranger or letting him wake up later:

First of all, choking out the Stranger is the same as letting him wake up later, unless you mean him breaking out of your hold and choking you before Clementine kills him. Second, I honestly don't think it matters much since he's trying to kill you, but I recon you can not choke him out if you feel that's the right thing to do. And third, in the event you want to choke him till he passes out, you have to keep tapping the button even after it disappears from the screen.

Spodes posted: »

Okay since I have nowhere else to post this really, I'd like to ask some opinion/feedback for certain situations in season 1 as I believe I'

• Okay, this one I'm not sure about. Obviously, pulling him up is the right thing to do on multiple levels, but Kenny will be miffed about it. Also, I recall hearing that apparently you either have to restrain Lilly or drop Ben in order for Kenny to go with you at the end but I'm pretty sure I've seen/played instances where he does anyway, so eh?

Then I'll probably let Ben go and hope Clem understands why, she's intelligent for sure, but it's still a bit splitting because Clem doesn't like what you did....season 2 Clem would comprehend this concept of wanting to die more...right? I believe season 2 to be Clem's prime character and personality as they're very balanced and likeable, season 3.....eh, she would be like "good he was a waste of resources anyways" I think, which saddens me. Make Clementine great again in season 3 Telltale, please.

First of all, choking out the Stranger is the same as letting him wake up later, unless you mean him breaking out of your hold and choking you before Clementine kills him. Second, I honestly don't think it matters much since he's trying to kill you, but I recon you can not choke him out if you feel that's the right thing to do. And third, in the event you want to choke him till he passes out, you have to keep tapping the button even after it disappears from the screen.

You have the choice to choke him to death or stop so he doesn't die if I recall, but who knows, I'll still make sure he's dead after what he does.

• Probably would've. Guess it would help explain the lack of backstory on him until the end, as I recall reading somewhere that they considered a different playable character at one point, even having you potentially control more than one, but they later decided to go with Clementine and created/kept(?) Luke and Sarah to fill in her old role(s).

TJ3046 posted: »

That would've been a really fun season

• Ah yes, that old concept. I was actually planning to do that among other things when I first joined but postponed it twice before putting it on the backburner until I found the old question I posted here testing the waters. I might just consider going with that one anyway!

Criminal Record

• Then I'll probably let Ben go and hope Clem understands why, she's intelligent for sure, but it's still a bit splitting because Clem doesn't like what you did....

So I'm guessing you want to be on good terms with Kenny then? Actually, now that I think about it, Kenny *does *pretty much have you mostly do the bad choices. so I guess so. Huh, I never really thought about that till now.
    Anyway, you can explain to her why she did it and she'll accept it as how Ben was always a good person.

season 2 Clem would comprehend this concept of wanting to die more...right? I believe season 2 to be Clem's prime character and personality as they're very balanced and likeable

Eh...maybe depending on how you play her at least; let's just say I'm not too big on "Edgy!Clem".

season 3.....eh, she would be like "good he was a waste of resources anyways" I think, which saddens me. Make Clementine great again in season 3 Telltale, please.

I'm really hoping they do push her away from that attitude/mindset for obvious reasons. Still, a part of me still thinks she isn't quite that bad.

You have the choice to choke him to death or stop so he doesn't die if I recall, but who knows, I'll still make sure he's dead after what he does.

I believe you can kill him either way, either by letting Clementine shoot him by easing up on choking him or by shooting him yourself after he passes out.

Okay, this one I'm not sure about. Obviously, pulling him up is the right thing to do on multiple levels, but Kenny will be miffed about it.

• Do you think Winston intended to... have his way with Clementine?

• I doubt it. The North Carolina Bandits seemed to be either looking for someone(suggesting they were hired and eventually doublecrossed by Carver) or just wanted to know where Christa's group is, Victor jokes that they're having weasel tonight while accosting her, and Winston has an unused voice clip where he mentions that he doesn't like hitting girls but doesn't mean he won't. With that said, he's definitely a dick worse than Troy as he stabs Christa with his halberd for lying about Clementine and will respond to Victor showing up and saying they gotta go if you let him drag you for too long by pulling out his gun with a "gladly".

Louche posted: »

Do you think Winston intended to... have his way with Clementine?

• If Clementine/Alvin can find Carver's pistol in his office, what's up with the gun Rebecca retrieves from his corpse?

• and will respond to Victor showing up and saying they gotta go if you let him drag you for too long by pulling out his gun with a "gladly".

That's just for the purpose of a cheap game over.
    It doesn't even make sense to waste a bullet like that.

I doubt it. The North Carolina Bandits seemed to be either looking for someone(suggesting they were hired and eventually doublecrossed by Ca

• Eh...maybe depending on how you play her at least; let's just say I'm not too big on "Edgy!Clem".

Yeah but you can also be "asshole/edgy" Lee and Javier, it's just a matter of choice. Simply put most people play this game morally and play pragmatic when required or necessary, so you mostly define their character around those circumstances plus the official documentation of her personality.

I'm really hoping they do push her away from that attitude/mindset for obvious reasons. Still, a part of me still thinks she isn't quite that bad.

I swear man, I really hope they do stray away form the whole "100% badass" depiction when I found season 2 Clem to be way more badass and adorable than this season's....season 2 Clem has been more impressive in everything so far, but season 3 Clem seems to just have learned to shoot more accurately from what I've deducted, but still, this does not make up her out-of-character feel right now. Please Telltale, make Clem great again, we need her back, also I always have to mention this but, it's really hard for me to say "hmm, yeah Clem looks two years older than season 2...", this new engine honestly isn't worth it for me, and I have a great PC so it's not performance related, rather I prefer the graphics from season 2. They did an amazing job adding two years to 9-year-old Clementine, I could easily tell "Hey! She's growing up a bit but looks very similar!", now it's just....weird....and it's not going to change is it :^(.

I believe you can kill him either way, either by letting Clementine shoot him by easing up on choking him or by shooting him yourself after he passes out.

Oh, I guess I'll just choke him out anyways, I don't want to shoot him really, why waste the bullet when Clem can use it later on.........for "someone" :^(.

Then I'll probably let Ben go and hope Clem understands why, she's intelligent for sure, but it's still a bit splitting because Clem doesn't

• If I recall, the gun in Carver's drawer was a pistol with one bullet that is used to execute people who have to go in "the chair" (the bloody one in the corner of the room), and Carver just had a pistol on him regardless, it was a different one, an actual pistol, but I never saw Rebecca use it beyond that point nor show it.

If Clementine/Alvin can find Carver's pistol in his office, what's up with the gun Rebecca retrieves from his corpse?

• Awkward comments like these is part of the reason why I left this community, regardless, the answer is no, it was clear he didn't want to fight Clementine or really harm her and showed some empathy for the little girl even while she kicked at him and stuff. If he really wanted to harm Clementine, he would've punched her or something. So damn glad I left this community (doesn't exactly repair some things though), good thing I have DabigRG to help with my questions though......

Do you think Winston intended to... have his way with Clementine?

• Harsh realities are awkward? You don't say.

Awkward comments like these is part of the reason why I left this community, regardless, the answer is no, it was clear he didn't want to fi

• Yeah but you can also be "asshole/edgy" Lee and Javier, it's just a matter of choice.

Yeah, I know and I try/tried to vary it up whenever I replay but there's a key difference: Edgy!Clem isn't as charming! Scumbag!Lee had this somewhat goofy tone to some of his dickery and the fact that he's a black would-be convict makes his darker moments fitting, and while I have yet to imbide in him myself, [Whatever]!Javier is established as having gambling and maybe some degeneracy on his plate as Informed Traits that make such behavior possible--he can be trying to steal his brother's wife and kids for Pete's sake! Aside from blackmailing Alvin/Rebecca, telling the Cabin Group to fuck off(you just sewed up your raw arm after all), talking/glaring down assholes/idiots, and maybe trading blows with Sarah at the beginning of In Harm's Way, I honestly don't think she's funny or even contextualized enough to justify dealing with for a whole playthrough given that she's supposed to be Clementine --the fact that she suffers few consequences for all of the worse things doesn't help. I've been constantly holding off on my 3rd playthrough for a number of reasons and that's one of major ones.

.season 2 Clem has been more impressive in everything so far, but season 3 Clem seems to just have learned to shoot more accurately from what I've deducted, but still, this does not make up her out-of-character feel right now.

Agreed. While certainly some initiative/motivation of her own and/or prone to dropping to her knees for Kenny/Jane's sake, Season2!Clementine knew how to take charge.

They did an amazing job adding two years to 9-year-old Clementine, I could easily tell "Hey! She's growing up a bit but looks very similar!", now it's just....weird....and it's not going to change is it :^(.

Honestly, I couldn't help but think they specifically said she's 13 for sake of "sexing her up" while still pretending she still has at least two of the things that made her special by default.

Oh, I guess I'll just choke him out anyways, I don't want to shoot him really, why waste the bullet when Clem can use it later on.........for "someone" :^(.

True, I guess. Wouldn't mind a Christa and Omid DLC as well, even if they're not the most iconic or even distinct characters.

Eh...maybe depending on how you play her at least; let's just say I'm not too big on "Edgy!Clem". Yeah but you can also be "asshole/

• edited March 2017

The point is he wants her dead and a gunshot is a classic way to do that without expending much energy; after all, Carver doing the same thing shows that he's not taking any chances and won't hesitate to kill her despite his crush. Btw, what is up with everyone not wanting to waste bullets here all of a sudden?!

and will respond to Victor showing up and saying they gotta go if you let him drag you for too long by pulling out his gun with a "gladly".

• That...actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

I never saw Rebecca use it beyond that point nor show it.

Hmm...I wonder why...:unamused:

If I recall, the gun in Carver's drawer was a pistol with one bullet that is used to execute people who have to go in "the chair" (the blood

• Why is Lee ditching a lot of useful weapons?

• Yeah but maybe you should think "hmm....maybe it's heavily realistic that Clem would never get treated like that in existence", possibly another character like they implied with Rebecca and even possibly Jane, but never Clem. It's not realistic that it would ever happen in this series towards Clem and just blemishes the mind.

Harsh realities are awkward? You don't say.

• edited February 2017

The pistol in his office was a derringer (small caliber gun with 1-2 shots only). The one that Rebecca retrieves is the revolver that Carver always wore and used to kill Walter and determinately Alvin.

If Clementine/Alvin can find Carver's pistol in his office, what's up with the gun Rebecca retrieves from his corpse?

• Those back pockets can only hold so much!!

AronDracula posted: »

Why is Lee ditching a lot of useful weapons?

• Yeah, I know and I try/tried to vary it up whenever I replay but there's a key difference: Edgy!Clem isn't as charming! Scumbag!Lee had this somewhat goofy tone to some of his dickery and the fact that he's a black would-be convict makes his darker moments fitting, and while I have yet to imbide in him myself, [Whatever]!Javier is established as having gambling and maybe some degeneracy on his plate as Informed Traits that make such behavior possible--he can be trying to steal his brother's wife and kids for Pete's sake! Aside from blackmailing Alvin/Rebecca, telling the Cabin Group to fuck off(you just sewed up your raw arm after all), talking/glaring down assholes/idiots, and maybe trading blows with Sarah at the beginning of In Harm's Way, I honestly don't think she's funny or even contextualized enough to justify dealing with for a whole playthrough given that she's supposed to be Clementine --the fact that she suffers few consequences for all of the worse things doesn't help. I've been constantly holding off on my 3rd playthrough for a number of reasons and that's one of major ones.

Eh, just stay away from edgy/asshole play throughs as they aren't really canon I'd say most of the time (you could get away with it with Javier considering the lack of knowing anything about him/his family), but those options are just there so people can play in their own style, believe it or not, some people actually do play as that asshole character, even while it's not justified. I think season 3 is just dumb on how they depict Clem, as it doesn't follow their season 1 Clem depiction, and the majority of moral/few pragmatic choices in the majority votes, it's just really weird considering she hasn't gone through much to act this way over the 2 years, and in season 2 she's relatively fine and acts in character throughout the entire season. We'll never see that adorable Clem with her yellow-green eyes again (whoops, now her eyes are small and brown in season 3, even harder to recognize her still) and top tier long sleeve purple t-shirt with purple converse, ha. I'm fine with her aesthetic with a jacket on, it's nice, and she even has boots for more practicality, but I'm not a fan of her bra straps showing, it just makes it even more awkward especially when most of us feel like a father to Clem, like "cover t h e fuck up Clem", but I haven't seen too many complaining......maybe an even more reason to pretend season 3 doesn't exist....people actually condoning her character completely like I used to back in the day. I've been done defending it recently, and I hope others start down this trend to, Clem is out-of-character and reiterating, a 2 year time skip doesn't justify her current character change (you know she should stay relatively in her character's personality depiction) and I found her to be even more badass in season 2, taking care of lacerations; hydrogen peroxide over the top, rudimentary suturing skills and desperation to survive kicks in with adrenaline, and she did a good job at suturing too. Hell, Clem even gets shot and doesn't bitch about it 24/7, she was probably numb though but still, the amount of profused bleeding was quite bad, she went through so much shit in season 2 and in season 3 I really can't think of anything impressive other than "she got better at shooting I guess, cleaned up the sweep and knife-skull technique a bit (I'd say mainly due to strength in years though)".

Agreed. While certainly some initiative/motivation of her own and/or prone to dropping to her knees for Kenny/Jane's sake, Season2!Clementine knew how to take charge.

Yeah but, I still went with Kenny though since he was correct about most things and Jane was a lot more in fault by a landslide on why she was killed, I also was thinking, "Hey, I kept alive Lee's best friend, and my last real connection to Lee in general!", but of course Telltale says "haha XD season 1 character LOL! 5 minutes son, say ur goodbyes xD", so yeah, I didn't even tear up when he died because it was cringy and horribly written.

Honestly, I couldn't help but think they specifically said she's 13 for sake of "sexing her up" while still pretending she still has at least two of the things that made her special by default.

Yeah, and that's why I can no longer be present in these discussions, way too many disgusting Clem comments while completely unnecessary and material that should stay on fan fiction websites. I honestly did notice the "sex up" in Clem, and that makes her rather short shirt with bra straps showing even more awkward for someone who wants to play as a father, and makes me want to vomit whenever my brain decides to fuck with me (it's gotten really bad since I've seen shit on here, but I feel numb by this point and try to ignore it when it occurs to prevent loss of daily activity, it's horrible, fuck this community once again, it's really disgusting honestly, made me detest pedophiles even more to the point where I'd wish death on them). Plus, they even introduced fucking Gabe and Eleanor says "maybe they'll hit it off", does Telltale even comprehend the implication in that sentence, what the fuck?!!? Just......put a gun to season 3's head, pull the trigger a few times, and say it's not official at this point. I seriously think I'm going to have to only play seasons 1 and 2 as an actual canon piece for as long as this series exist (or I cease to), who knows.

True, I guess. Wouldn't mind a Christa and Omid DLC as well, even if they're not the most iconic or even distinct characters.

Eh, I thought Omid was very distinct, but Christa was rather normal. I loved having Omid and he even made me laugh a few times during season 1, Clem probably would've been a more happy person in season 2 if he was there, but I'm glad the way Clem turned out, she became a very strong individual throughout the entire season and still makes me smile when she does, especially when you reunite with Kenny, what a warm; joyful scene.

It was happy for a while, but things always turn to shit, but then Clem's happy again, and it repeats from there throughout season 2 mostly.

Yeah but you can also be "asshole/edgy" Lee and Javier, it's just a matter of choice. Yeah, I know and I try/tried to vary it up whe

• ....useless stuff!

Those back pockets can only hold so much!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.