The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Eh, just stay away from edgy/asshole play throughs as they aren't really canon I'd say most of the time (you could get away with it with Javier considering the lack of knowing anything about him/his family), but those options are just there so people can play in their own style, believe it or not, some people actually do play as that asshole character, even while it's not justified

I know, I just don't really like it myself. Look like that's the future from now on!

We'll never see that adorable Clem with her yellow-green eyes again (whoops, now her eyes are small and brown in season 3, even harder to recognize her still)

I never noticed that--what the hell? Oh Telltale, what the hell man?

I'm not a fan of her bra straps showing, it just makes it even more awkward especially when most of us feel like a father to Clem, like "cover t h e fuck up Clem", but I haven't seen too many complaining......maybe an even more reason to pretend season 3 doesn't exist....people actually condoning her character completely like I used to back in the day.

Yeah, I'm guessing they either read that part of the chart or misread some people's criticisms of Season 2 as "Clemetine's not badass/edgy/adult enough."

Yeah, and that's why I can no longer be present in these discussions, way too many disgusting Clem comments while completely unnecessary and material that should stay on fan fiction websites.

Oop, forgot who I was talking to--sorry about that mate!

Eh, I thought Omid was very distinct, but Christa was rather normal. I loved having Omid and he even made me laugh a few times during season 1, Clem probably would've been a more happy person in season 2 if he was there, but I'm glad the way Clem turned out, she became a very strong individual throughout the entire season and still makes me smile when she does, especially when you reunite with Kenny, what a warm; joyful scene.

I suppose

Spodes posted: »

Yeah, I know and I try/tried to vary it up whenever I replay but there's a key difference: Edgy!Clem isn't as charming! Scumbag!Lee had this

• Oh, okay. All I really know about it is "shotgun, AK 47, little gun."

The pistol in his office was a derringer (small caliber gun with 1-2 shots only). The one that Rebecca retrieves is the revolver that Carver always wore and used to kill Walter and determinately Alvin.

• Weird question, weird place: Why do you think Becca is absent from the Scrappy section on TVTropes?

• Yeah I kind of wish Luke and Clem were protagonists in season 2 and in season 3. Oh what could've been...

DabigRG posted: »

Probably would've. Guess it would help explain the lack of backstory on him until the end, as I recall reading somewhere that they considere

• edited February 2017

If anyone has any fitting knowledge, who created what character?

EDIT: Might keep a tally
    Sean Vanaman: Lee?, Clementine?, Kenny, The St. Johns?, Stranger, Chuck, Christa, Omid, Nate(?), Russell, Sarah(confirmation?), Carver?,
    Mark Darin: Eddie, Wyatt
    Gary Whitta: Molly, Vernon, Oberson, Shel, Becca
    Jake Rodkin: Nate?, Tavia?
    Sean Ainsworth: Vince
    Nick Breckon: Bonnie, Nick, Walter, Troy, Arvo?
    Pierre Shorette: Reggie?

• I never noticed that--what the hell? Oh Telltale, what the hell man?

Exactly my reaction, it was so damn adorable and really help me recognize her too, :^(.

Yeah, I'm guessing they either read that part of the chart or misread some people's criticisms of Season 2 as "Clemetine's not badass/edgy/adult enough."

Haha, yeah, Clementine was adult in season 2, and was very mature in season 1 regardless, I just wish they would perpetuate it instead of taking it overboard like they've done this season...hell, I even enjoyed the whole "evasive" gameplay as walkers still felt like an even more threat and reminded you you're playing as a little girl, but even still, Clem many times took them head on, doing the sweep technique or going for a straight and clean head smash with the hatchet, pic related:

Oop, forgot who I was talking to--sorry about that mate!

It's fine, I agree season 3 Clem has been taken "too far" in that regards, and I dislike it completely, hence why I made that long ass paragraph hating on it :^(.

I suppose

Yeah it's everyone's own opinion on the character, many found X to be generic/annoying/etc, others loved X's character.

Eh, just stay away from edgy/asshole play throughs as they aren't really canon I'd say most of the time (you could get away with it with Jav

• Yeah it's everyone's own opinion on the character, many found X to be generic/annoying/etc, others loved X's character.

Oh no, I didn't mean anything bad by that, I just didn't have anything else on my mind to say at the moment. :p
    While I can't say I really think much about them, I do appreciate what Christa and Omid were meant to do and never hated/disliked Christa(or almost any of the Scrappy characters) like some people did.

I never noticed that--what the hell? Oh Telltale, what the hell man? Exactly my reaction, it was so damn adorable and really help me

• Probably because no one cares enough about her to write anything ;_;

Weird question, weird place: Why do you think Becca is absent from the Scrappy section on TVTropes?

• The funny thing is she actually was there at one point, presumably before Season 2 came out. I can't help but wonder why she was removed given that she hadn't had a major appearance since 400 Days and her most recent appearance had her looking down on Clementine and the Ski Cabin Group for returning.

Louche posted: »

Probably because no one cares enough about her to write anything ;_;

• No idea for the main 'season's but for 400 days:

Mark Darin wrote Eddie/Wyatt
    Sean Vanaman (and maybe Jake Rodkin) wrote Nate and Russell
    Gary Whitta wrote Shel/Becca
    Nick Breckon wrote Bonnie's story (big surprise there, I know)
    Sean Ainsworth wrote Vince's story

If anyone has any fitting knowledge, who created what character? EDIT: Might keep a tally Sean Vanaman: Lee?, Clementine?, Kenny, The St

• edited March 2017

Sean Vanaman (and maybe Jake Rodkin) wrote Nate and Russell

Really now? That's interesting to hear and really makes you think, especially given the people who wanted Nate back so much.

Nick Breckon wrote Bonnie's story (big surprise there, I know)

Yeah, that sounds about right. Apparently some of his own notes did get carried over then.

Sean Ainsworth wrote Vince's story

Why does that name jump out to me...?

Graysonn posted: »

No idea for the main 'season's but for 400 days: Mark Darin wrote Eddie/Wyatt Sean Vanaman (and maybe Jake Rodkin) wrote Nate and Russel

• So was Randall actually justified in the attacking the Mobjack scavengers?

The Mobjack massacre was either inflicted upon an innocent group as Sam says or a group of killers like Norma says.

• It's not really clear, but I'd say probably not. Considering Sam traded some of the stolen goods from Monroe there and there were supposedly children on board, I'd say he at least acted in part to address a potential major resource drain on Norma's behalf but he went too far and just slaughtered whoever regardless of age.
    "Kids. You know, their skulls don't break so much as...kinda melt."

So was Randall actually justified in the attacking the Mobjack scavengers? The Mobjack massacre was either inflicted upon an innocent group as Sam says or a group of killers like Norma says.

• edited February 2017

Shit I forgot one, what about the girl outside the drug store in episode 2 beginning if I recall? I just remembered it as I started this episode, what do you think? I think it would be moral to put her down...but at the same time.......is it worth the bullet and noise after she's been bitten several times? Will Kenny hold it against you? I didn't give the girl the gun for obvious reasons, but not sure about this one, it seems like a service but she's already suffering really badly and will die in a second or two anyways, is it worth it as a moral decision?

Edit: Don't know exactly when, it could be episode 3 beginning, but I knew I was forgetting something in my original post.

Yeah it's everyone's own opinion on the character, many found X to be generic/annoying/etc, others loved X's character. Oh no, I did

• Someone decided she was too unimportant to waste page space on

The funny thing is she actually was there at one point, presumably before Season 2 came out. I can't help but wonder why she was removed gi

• I feel like both Norma and Sam were lying to some extent.

It's not really clear, but I'd say probably not. Considering Sam traded some of the stolen goods from Monroe there and there were supposedly

• Besides the obvious links to the comics like Glenn/Hershel/Thomas Richards, are there any other possible comic-game connections that people have noticed?

One of mine is that the mysterious Magna from the comics was originally from Richmond (where we are in ANF) but had to leave because it got too dangerous.

• Beatrice is at the beginning of Episode 3
    Shoot her=Merciful, Less time, Kenny might get mad
    Don't shoot her=Pragmatic(can't think of eviler word), Optimum Time, Kenny will brag to Lilly

Shit I forgot one, what about the girl outside the drug store in episode 2 beginning if I recall? I just remembered it as I started this epi

• That sounds about right--it was only one sentence--but sounds about right.

Someone decided she was too unimportant to waste page space on

• Yeah but do you think this would make Lee less moral? It's kinda hard, because I know Kenny is right and she's beyond dead at that point, getting bit several times and such, but I don't want to really make him angry and it kinda feels wrong not killing her swiftly for a merciful death as I think Clem may have other intentions on how you should've handled it, I mean I smashed Larry's head in, but I assured her he was dead and she feels good now, I also didn't steal. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it right now, but if Clem was there I think I could explain to her that she was dead just like Larry. I don't think I can play well right now, was going to play season 1 over the four day weekend along with season 2, but last night I started feeling sick and now I have a cold, and our brains turn to shit during that period of being sick.

Beatrice is at the beginning of Episode 3 Shoot her=Merciful, Less time, Kenny might get mad Don't shoot her=Pragmatic(can't think of eviler word), Optimum Time, Kenny will brag to Lilly

• Yeah but do you think this would make Lee less moral?

Eh...maybe. There's nothing really stopping you from being moral afterwards, although Lilly and possible Katjaa and Carley/Doug aren't very approving of that choice.

I think Clem may have other intentions on how you should've handled it, I mean I smashed Larry's head in, but I assured her he was dead and she feels good now, I also didn't steal. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it right now, but if Clem was there I think I could explain to her that she was dead just like Larry.

I don't think Clementine hears about that.

I don't think I can play well right now, was going to play season 1 over the four day weekend along with season 2, but last night I started feeling sick and now I have a cold, and our brains turn to shit during that period of being sick.

Sorry to hear that man. Get well soon!

Yeah but do you think this would make Lee less moral? It's kinda hard, because I know Kenny is right and she's beyond dead at that point, ge

• Eh...maybe. There's nothing really stopping you from being moral afterwards, although Lilly and possible Katjaa and Carley/Doug aren't very approving of that choice.

Damn, well I found this from the Wikipedia, "Later, Kenny brings up Lee's decision to leave her with Lilly, praising him for how he had stepped up and made the hard decision to help everyone". That's quite convincing that you did this for everyone in your group, but ehh, I'll still leave her I think, I believe in mixture of morality and being pragmatic, and regardless of her short term misery, she would only burden others by being shot, plus I think she wanted to be actually saved, not shot to death. If it were me in that situation, I'd rather not burden someone else, knowing that I'm screwed either way and I'll be dinner later anyways when they go to my corpse.

I don't think Clementine hears about that.

Yeah I know, but I still feel like Clem may have not liked that, since we're basically a team in season 1. I think I'll let her go through her death, she's gone in a few seconds regardless and at least she would die helping other people survive contrary to just burdening others....or at least that's the way I see it. Obviously I'm not going to be a shithead to the living (actually I let Arvo get his ass beat because I don't steal and he still screws our group over) but if you're honest to god, just, dead like that, like Larry and Beatrice, then I think the only way to go is to not let them be liabilities to your group by that point, and they would die helping others like I've said before.

Sorry to hear that man. Get well soon!

Thanks, I should probably sleep (quite difficult sometimes), I just hope I get over it fast so I can think more clearly. I've heard after a cold for about a week your reaction times are still slower than normal, but only from website, not sure if I should accept that as a factor or not, but yeah, I hate being sick.

Yeah but do you think this would make Lee less moral? Eh...maybe. There's nothing really stopping you from being moral afterwards, a

• Just one Question I have here and in the comic series. How?
    I do understand what happens in Season 1. The Cops and the Army are unprepared, the FRS is useless due to the obvious lack of firearms. But there has to be some way out. For example, other states like Canada or even the European Union should've been informed - and prepared, which opens up the possibility to strike back and regain control. And in Season 2 nothing of that seems to be the case. Thats stupid. Maybe there are a couple of Safezones (like in The Last of Us) we never hear about, but thats not what I mean. In Season 3, the shown part of the USA is fallout-like. Did the military just ran away? Or what? I mean, assault rifles should do a pretty good job at killing zombies.

• edited February 2017

Mm, what's that new avatar? Looks like season 2 Clementine, but that's not from the game, is it?

That sounds about right--it was only one sentence--but sounds about right.

• Not really. It's some weiredass mod that splices Jane's face onto Clementine's; that's why you may see some markings on her face.

Mm, what's that new avatar? Looks like season 2 Clementine, but that's not from the game, is it?

• In the TV series, Michonne considers travelling to Macon, Georgia when she starts her hunt after The Governor. Strange, since the Video Game Macon was completely overrun and "hell on earth".
    But from the comics? I don't think so. Maybe Savannah or even Crawford got mentioned once?

Besides the obvious links to the comics like Glenn/Hershel/Thomas Richards, are there any other possible comic-game connections that people

• edited February 2017

Well...Kenny doesn't mind really if you save Ben and it makes him a better person after being told off. Felt a little better anyways after I ate and played the last 3 episodes, cried my eyes out at the end like every time, it's so hard not to, took so many screenshots of this play through it'll take forever to sort those out when I have time. Anyways, nice talking with you, God damn season 1 is great.

Yeah but do you think this would make Lee less moral? Eh...maybe. There's nothing really stopping you from being moral afterwards, a

• At the risk of sounding like I'm baiting or whatever(or that I believe it myself), do you think Sarita was supposed to have been abused by Kenny?

• If Luke was trying to be a Paragon, what would be his opposite?

• In S2 E3 Kenny mentions (talking about Reggie) that he knew a guy "a couple of months ago" that cut his arm off but it didn't work and he turned anyway. Silly question but was he talking about Lee here? I know he specifically says a few months ago but I was told that dialogue only occurs if you cut Lee's arm off. I could be wrong.

• Yes, he was mostly referring to Lee. Writer's can't do Math.

In S2 E3 Kenny mentions (talking about Reggie) that he knew a guy "a couple of months ago" that cut his arm off but it didn't work and he tu

• Why can Clementine compare Nick to Ben for "always screwing up" before he shoots Matthew?

• Cough Episode 4 shovel cough

Those back pockets can only hold so much!!

• Almost shooting Clementine and Pete saying she wasn't the first one

Why can Clementine compare Nick to Ben for "always screwing up" before he shoots Matthew?

• About other countries helping, all of them were over run around the same time and france was the last one to be over run, plus the military was absent because Rick was in a coma for 3 months. The Military tried bombing the cities (Shown in Fear TWD) but that didn't work

Homerous posted: »

Just one Question I have here and in the comic series. How? I do understand what happens in Season 1. The Cops and the Army are unprepared,

• Jesus

Besides the obvious links to the comics like Glenn/Hershel/Thomas Richards, are there any other possible comic-game connections that people

• No, I don't think so. She was supposed to be his anchor, someone keeping him sane and all happy uncle Ken; Sarita's death is a plot necessity to show Kenny's recklessness and the exact process of him becoming of liability. Most likely there's more to it, as her portrayal was simple and generalized to say at least.

At the risk of sounding like I'm baiting or whatever(or that I believe it myself), do you think Sarita was supposed to have been abused by Kenny?

• edited February 2017

I think it happens even if you don't

In S2 E3 Kenny mentions (talking about Reggie) that he knew a guy "a couple of months ago" that cut his arm off but it didn't work and he tu

• cough ep3 blowtorch cough

Cough Episode 4 shovel cough

• I forget where I read/heard but apparently Brian Bremer was unavailable during the production of Amid the Ruins and that's why Nick just turned up ...turned. Is that true?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.