The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Parallel universes are colliding

AAA_Jane posted: »

Lol yesterday was so fucking weird. It'll probably sound like I'm on drugs or have schizophrenia but nothing was wrong with me. So many time

• How do you know when you like someone? When plathonic love is another kind of love?

• edited February 2017

Guys, I don't know what to do.

My ex, who broke up with me roughly five weeks ago, suddenly tried to call me today, twice. Both times I didn't answer because I was overcome with anxiety and had no idea how to react. He didn't leave a voicemail either. We ended on friendly terms and still have each other's contacts, but I'm really scared to break the radio silence. Maybe he just wants to check up on me, maybe he misses me as much as I miss him and wants to try again, I have no idea.

• Why did he break up with you?

You don't have to post that here, but the answer pretty much determines what you should do. The safest thing is to keep ignoring him 'til he has the guts to leave a message.

Lahkesis posted: »

Guys, I don't know what to do. My ex, who broke up with me roughly five weeks ago, suddenly tried to call me today, twice. Both times I d

• Do you want to be with him? All the time? Or at least as much as possible? Or is he just a cool guy to hang around when you have nothing better to do?

I think you're of the age where you just have to try things and find out, and you'll figure it out on your own. Just be safe when trying things. ;)

How do you know when you like someone? When plathonic love is another kind of love?

• There's only one way to know for sure. If you've been adapting to being single and trying to get over him, I would stay away for at least a while until you're truly back on your feet. If you truly miss him and think you cant live without him, then you might as well find out.

Guys, I don't know what to do. My ex, who broke up with me roughly five weeks ago, suddenly tried to call me today, twice. Both times I d

• edited February 2017

We're both going in different directions in our lives - I'm transferring to another college, he'll be moving out - and it was technically long distance (we live about an hour apart). He made it very clear that he loved me and didn't want to do it. I would feel much more comfortable if he just texted me or sent a private tweet explaining just what it is he wants to talk about.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Why did he break up with you? You don't have to post that here, but the answer pretty much determines what you should do. The safest thing is to keep ignoring him 'til he has the guts to leave a message.

• edited February 2017

It's a little bit of both, really. My depression has faded by now and I've gotten back into my daily routine, but I still think about him every day and my heart aches when I remember our time together. If nothing else I'd love to continue being his friend.

Edit: He just called for the third time. Starting to get stressed. I dunno, I'll sleep on it and see if he tries again tomorrow.

There's only one way to know for sure. If you've been adapting to being single and trying to get over him, I would stay away for at least a

• Just try to recognize whether you actually want to talk to him and bring him back into your life or whether you are looking for an immediate relief to your pain and depression. You seem very stressed just thinking about him, maybe you are better off on your own for a while? I dont know your situation so I trust you to do what is best, just try to be real with yourself.

It's a little bit of both, really. My depression has faded by now and I've gotten back into my daily routine, but I still think about him ev

• I feel like talking about something and figured this would be the best place to do it. Not looking for advice or some comforting words, I just want to vent. Feel free to give comforting words if you want though. :p

So my family has these rabbits. And two of them had babies. We've known since day one we were selling/giving most of the babies away and at first I was fine with that. Unexpectedly I've gotten pretty upset. I literally started crying, though not in front of anyone, I didn't want to embarrass myself so I went to my room and let it out. The reason I'm upset is we just gave one away and I got upset. I have unexpectedly gotten attached and I'm really upset that one is just gone now, just like that. Never even named it and I still feel like I've lost something. So that's it, Just wanted to get that off my chest. It was REALLY recent so I am still really upset.

• Well, I guess your choices are to continue ignoring his calls until he does something else, or call him when you feel you're up for it, or text/tweet him and say you'd rather know electronically what's up before speaking to him. If it was going to be a movie-style ending ("I've changed my mind, I'm coming with you!"), he probably would have made a greater effort, so I suspect it's just a see-how-you-are call that isn't going to end with either of you feeling great about it.

We're both going in different directions in our lives - I'm transferring to another college, he'll be moving out - and it was technically lo

• edited February 2017

I do miss him a lot, that's the thing. I feel really bad ignoring his calls but I am getting ridiculously anxious over them. Unless he texts or sends some other kind of private message I feel it's safest if I just remain unresponsive for now. Thanks, guys.

Just try to recognize whether you actually want to talk to him and bring him back into your life or whether you are looking for an immediate

• If you love your baby rabbits, set them free. This one is going off to a loving home and will bring joy to a new family.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I feel like talking about something and figured this would be the best place to do it. Not looking for advice or some comforting words, I ju

• edited February 2017

Yeah, though I find it weird that he tried a total of three times and was otherwise quiet about it. If he calls again today maybe I'll bite the bullet and see what he has to say, my feelings are honestly 50/50 on this. Looking at his most recent tweets it seems he has plans for attending some conventions over the summer, so a part of me suspects he might want to invite me to come along. (Before we broke up we were going to attend Katsucon together, but I couldn't because of previously made plans.) I'm also friends with two of his, so I guess as a last resort I could ask through them what he wants. Thanks again.

Well, I guess your choices are to continue ignoring his calls until he does something else, or call him when you feel you're up for it, or t

• Thanks.

Do you want to be with him? All the time? Or at least as much as possible? Or is he just a cool guy to hang around when you have nothing

• edited February 2017

How so I get people to support me? HOW?!

I just am not the 1st choice. Not the 1st choice people pick to support (even when I'm wrong.)
    Not the 1st choice people pick to hang out with.
    Not the 1st choice people want to talk to.

Why? Just why? I top my class ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME. (Top 3). I am in the best class, I am not annoying. Heck, I'm even nice. But why does this happen to me? WHY.

I want to be "that guy" that people likes, supports me in conversations etc. "That guy" that the teacher likes a lot, where the teachers don't give him much shit. Where he never gets scolded. Where he is well liked.

I want to be THE 1st choice people have. Seriously, I might sound selfish. But I WANT people to asslick me ( a little of asslick ). Not treat me like a god when I get upset.

Are some of my friends way too 2-faced or what? Whenever a more popular guy comes, they go talk to him etc.

This is bs.

Enough rant.

• Its impossible to say what makes a guy "that guy" but I can say with certainty that it isnt a quality you choose to have. if you aren't "that guy" you cant just wake up one day and try to be him.

Just be comfortable being yourself, self confidence is key to getting through school but dont be cocky about it, dont boast or lord over people. Try to be laid back about stuff and and dont get hung up on popularity.

I know your venting right now so this isnt a real representation of you but you sound soooo arrogant right now even popular people arent always number 1 on other peoples priorities.

How so I get people to support me? HOW?! I just am not the 1st choice. Not the 1st choice people pick to support (even when I'm wrong.)

• Why did he banned ?

Glad to see you're doing better! And DM means direct message, but i do have a discord server if you'd like to join that. Be warned if you jo

• edited February 2017

Sorry. Basically, I just want to go up higher on people's priority list.

I want people to like me and support me.

Also, it's not like I have no confidence. I do, "that guy" does. Just that I just can't match up to him in terms of literally... Everything social.

Its impossible to say what makes a guy "that guy" but I can say with certainty that it isnt a quality you choose to have. if you aren't "tha

• Everyone wants to popular, except when being popular is annoying. :)

Anyway, academic excellence is not the same as social excellence. The math equations don't care if you like them or not, but people do. If you want them to make you a priority, you have to make them a priority first.

Thank the teacher for explaining something in a way you understood it, or for introducing you to something you now like. That'll be a shocker!

How so I get people to support me? HOW?! I just am not the 1st choice. Not the 1st choice people pick to support (even when I'm wrong.)

• Stop wanting and just.... be.

You depend too much on other people, it seems. I, personally, want to be like and accepted and everything sweet and nice too but if it happens cool, if not (this is my reality), whatever.

You sound like you want people to worship you. Accept the fact that you're not everyone's cup of tea.

• They sense your need for attention and validation you put others approval on a pedestal making everyone else first choice and you last.

Confidence what attracts people. Don't need well done or be no 1 chose off anyone to feel awesome

There will always be people that love and hate you no matter who you are and what you do

One best boxers of all time joe calzaghe one of few boxers who finished his career unbeaten I remember quote of his in interview he said no one believed in him they said to weak he said if he ever listened to what people taught of him he never would of left his room.

If need validation off others your life will be empty as most have selfish intentions they will only care how you can benefit them not what best for you

Just concentrate on being best you can be the person that makes you happy you will attract people who adore you for exactly what you are so never have to even try never matter your success or failure they always be there and believe in you. You always be no 1 to right people

• What about with other people?

Everyone wants to popular, except when being popular is annoying. Anyway, academic excellence is not the same as social excellence. Th

• No, that's not it. I just want to be supported eg in coversations, discussions etc

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Stop wanting and just.... be. You depend too much on other people, it seems. I, personally, want to be like and accepted and everything s

• Then..uh..why'd you write this?

"That guy" that the teacher likes a lot
    Where he never gets scolded
    I want to be THE 1st choice people have.
    I WANT people to asslick me

P.S. If you want people to support you..or whatever is the right word for that, you have to beleive in yourself and be confident, like Markd has already said. Labile people, who care too much what others think, are often not the ones people support, you know school and life. Good luck.

No, that's not it. I just want to be supported eg in coversations, discussions etc

• How high are others on your priority list though. I dont know about the popular kids at your school but they were actually all really nice at mine (in the older years 13-16, young popular kids were usually just bullies 11-13) they were popular because they were easy to talk to and non judgemental with a good sense of humour and broad tastes, students and teachers could talk to them on the same level. Im sure they never considered themselves above other people.

Sorry. Basically, I just want to go up higher on people's priority list. I want people to like me and support me. Also, it's not like

• a lot, but I'm on it.. thumbs up

Nolonius posted: »

What is wrong bro?

• Every person's different. If you don't know what someone likes, try asking.

What about with other people?

• edited March 2017

Okay, so basically let me sum it all up in two conversations.

"That guy": Hey guys! If we don't do well we might get demoted to a academically weaker class!

Rest of the people: Yeah! We have to work hard. smiley face

Me: Hey guys! If we don't do well we might get demoted to a academically weaker class!

Rest of the people: facepalm How many times do we have to say that is NEXT YEAR? Stop it, it's getting annoying.

Yup, I've only said it two times, while trying to spark a conversation.

• Ok, mine is pretty dumb

I hate going into gaming shops sometimes because when I do the guys that help me out are always condescending( not all of them though). I know I don't look like a "gamer" but I swear I know what I'm doing and what I'm looking for! Haha someone always thinks I'm "getting a game for my boyfriend"

• I hate shop staff talking to me at all, im glad its rare in my country... for now

You have two options talk them down with your superior knowledge on the subject or tell them your just browsing, if they suggest its for your boyfriend look them square in the eye and say "no im actually buying it for myself" dont smile dont trail off say it strong and maybe even sound a little pissed about the accusation I dont think these people realise that theyre being sexist but it is offensive when people assume you have no clue what your doing and boy does it piss me off

cgilkey posted: »

Ok, mine is pretty dumb I hate going into gaming shops sometimes because when I do the guys that help me out are always condescending( no

• I'll try that next time! i'm so socially awkward i barely say anything, if i do i just say "i'm okay" but when i'm checking out they're all like "are you sure you want this game? it's an online and you need a gold membership" then when i tell them i know and i have it they ask if i'm sure again lol i'm going to tap into my mean side one day!

I hate shop staff talking to me at all, im glad its rare in my country... for now You have two options talk them down with your superior

• I like these ones

enter image description here

these ones are cool too tho

enter image description here

• edited March 2017

i had/have the same issue with my ex girlfriend she texts me out of nowhere once calling me about breaking up withher next boyfriend (this actually really annoyed me.) usually if someone starts this they may just want to know how youre getting its best to let them contact you first i had the same issue with this but eventually she stopped messaging me because she knows now ive moved on

• A bunch of fubar shit had happened to me recently. I dont really know what to do but try to talk to someone

• I had an academic interview for Spanish class due Today, but in 3 days is my Speech contest, luckily my teacher didn't get mad at me since he knew what was going on, and he told me to give high priority to the Speech contest

• My ear is always open, VK.

If you feel like talking about that fubar, shoot me a PM.

A bunch of fubar shit had happened to me recently. I dont really know what to do but try to talk to someone

Sign in to comment in this discussion.