The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Yeah. I think some parts of it were the constant rewrites reducing the roles of certain characters and leaving certain story arcs unfinished, Kenny and Jane being put on a pedestal at the other characters' expense(sometimes literally), and the writers/editor/whoever having little to no faith in the story they were supposed to be telling.

Louche posted: »

I'm not being sarcastic. It's an interesting thought. They craft a well-rounded character, but through storyline changes and omissions of dialogue, they end up seeming flat and lame. crazy.

• Well, Clem took that bullet sadly, don't blame Kenny and Jane for it though...Clem woke up from a noise and investigated without calling Kenny and Jane first, so yeah....not really their fault, but I get an 11-year-old girl shouldn't have to be fucking shot, which just makes Arvo even look more like an asshole. The scene where Clem gets shot though always give me that adrenaline rush of fear every time, even if know it's going to occur, it's just so damn sudden as she gets shot in the shoulder, the cold air's breath takes in as she gradually becomes unconscious with panic in the background, only to be greeted with a beautiful scene with Clem and Lee....what made it even more sad was when Lee says something along, "Well, what can I say to make you feel better Clem?", and you can say, "Promise that you'll never leave me" if I recall, damn I loved that scene, much like the last scene in my canon story where you leave Wellington with Clem and Kenny crying of happiness.

Clementine: "No! We're leaving! All of us. Together."

Kenny: "Clem, please. It's safe here. You need to think about the--"

Clementine: "Stop! Stop, okay? We're not staying, so just stop! That's that."

This setting the theme of "family" over the allegedly safe and hyped up Wellington, which we all know ends up crumbling over a few New Frontier men...kek, it's almost as bad as season 3's Kenny death, but I don't care anymore as I've lost hope in season 3 that I can't even recognize it as canon any longer.

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, maybe so, but they could've gotten that across (or better yet handled it) better. Plus, I just reeeally can't stand that Social Darwinis

• As in a semi-different story compared to the canon one? Evaluate a bit more...but I don't really like material that's not canon to the story, but some do, so go ahead if that's what you meant.

How does a thread about Alternate Universes sound?

• edited March 2017

Oh and to elaborate just a bit more, I do side with Kenny a lot more than Jane as, well...Jane is extremely selfish with an agenda as Kenny predicted, and meanwhile Kenny would do anything to protect Clementine, even if it meant losing his eye, I know he'd take that bullet any day if he was there in that situation. Kenny was correct about a lot of things, and kept Clementine safe, Kenny also knew Lee well and in my canon story they were best friends (even if you hated him, Kenny still misses Lee and such, plus they've been through so much), so I'd be severing my last good connection to Lee; someone who was the second closest to him (Clem being the first).

(also sorry for flooding your notifications, fixed an error)

Eh, maybe so, but they could've gotten that across (or better yet handled it) better. Plus, I just reeeally can't stand that Social Darwinis

• So do you think he turned or was he likely completely devoured?

Kenny deserved better than that lousy flashback.

Spodes posted: »

Nope, you just run off and the background blurs if I recall which leads to you vaguely seeing Kenny get ripped apart. Fuck season 3, Jesus C

• I....don't know, when walkers rip their organs out I'm not sure if they come back or not, but we've seen walkers with guts hanging out before anyways, so I think he may have turned. Regardless, I resent season 3, form how they depicted Clem (her actions and personality) to poorly written flashbacks swatting important characters as if they're flies to season 3's engine not really capturing the "comic book" style as well and aged Clementine weirdly, she doesn't look 13 (Kenny and Jane looked horrible too).

So do you think he turned or was he likely completely devoured? Kenny deserved better than that lousy flashback.

• First off, I think you meant elaborate. Second of all, I mostly meant as in "What if it was Kenny who found Clementine on the first day?" or "What would things be like on Evil Clementine's Zone?". Fanfic-y shit, I know, but hey, I think it'd be an interesting set of brainstorming.

Plus, I really like Scourge the Hedgehog.

As in a semi-different story compared to the canon one? Evaluate a bit more...but I don't really like material that's not canon to the story, but some do, so go ahead if that's what you meant.

• Well really, I think the (unintentional?) point of that finale is that the same people you have to pick to trust and go with at the end of the Season are assholes who cause just as many problems as they solve--sometimes moreso. Arvo wouldn't've been set free and gotten the balls to shoot the little girl like he couldn't do earlier if Kenny didn't constantly abuse and threaten him and Kenny wouldn't've even met him if Jane didn't threaten his family days beforehand. Hell, he might not've even MET the group at all if she and Clementine had picked better hiding spots and/or been civil.

This setting the theme of "family" over the allegedly safe and hyped up Wellington, which we all know ends up crumbling over a few New Frontier men...kek, it's almost as bad as season 3's Kenny death, but I don't care anymore as I've lost hope in season 3 that I can't even recognize it as canon any longer.

Yeeeah...the other two flashbacks are hated more because of what they mean for the people involved, but I always did raise a humorous eyebrow at how arbitrary the Edith flashback is in comparison.

"Ope, looks like two people are running away from this place--guess I better shoot em!"
    "Did you get em?"
    "Yep, popped one of em. The other one is still up though."
    "Okay, then send 1.3 of our attack force to chase her down with AK-47s while the rest of us attack this armed settlement full of people for the food!"
    "You gottit, boss!!"
    "We're good at our job!"

Well, Clem took that bullet sadly, don't blame Kenny and Jane for it though...Clem woke up from a noise and investigated without calling Ken

• First off, I think you meant elaborate.

Yeah I fixed that in my other post, got the two words confused but didn't both editing this one out as I forgot about it.

Second of all, I mostly meant as in "What if it was Kenny who found Clementine on the first day?" or "What would things be like on Evil Clementine's Zone?". Fanfic-y shit, I know, but hey, I think it'd be an interesting set of brainstorming.

Hmm, I don't like fan fiction so that wouldn't be me, but don't let me decide whether or not you make the thread because I don't even browse this forum at all (this specific thread is okay so I'll come to this one occasionally). If Kenny found Clem the first day, then would his family be with him? I believe it wouldn't affect much, since Kenny has the same plan to go to Macon, and would most likely end up in the same place, just without Lee sadly. Also "Evil Clementine's Zone"? What? Anyways, I probably wouldn't want to discuss an opposite of season 1/2 Clementine really, but hey, season 3 exist which is slowly )actually it spiked really hard from season 2 --> 3) removing Clementine's character that we all loved and appreciated.

First off, I think you meant elaborate. Second of all, I mostly meant as in "What if it was Kenny who found Clementine on the first day?" or

• If she were real would you consider Ava fuckable? I know she looks unconventional to say the least yet she's intriguing and looks as if she'd be into some kinky shit then again she has that Mike Tyson about to bite a body part off you look in her eye. Any thoughts?

• I probably wouldn't want to discuss an opposite of season 1/2 Clementine really, but hey, season 3 exist

enter image description here

First off, I think you meant elaborate. Yeah I fixed that in my other post, got the two words confused but didn't both editing this

• Well really, I think the (unintentional?) point of that finale is that the same people you have to pick to trust and go with at the end of the Season are assholes who cause just as many problems as they solve--sometimes moreso. Arvo wouldn't've been set free and gotten the balls to shoot the little girl like he couldn't do earlier if Kenny didn't constantly abuse and threaten him and Kenny wouldn't've even met him if Jane didn't threaten his family days beforehand. Hell, he might not've even MET the group at all if she and Clementine had picked better hiding spots and/or been civil.

Kenny isn't to blame for beating the shit out of Arvo, that was 100% justified after he screws you over after Clementine stands up for a total stranger and doesn't rob him (in my story), so fuck Arvo, he deserved his beatings and I allowed it to occur, and if you do stand up for Arvo completely he'll always shoot you, so don't go blaming Kenny when Arvo simply is an asshole; attempted robbing you without any great reasons, and even when he explains to his group his group still wants to rob him and Arvo is okay with it, seriously what the hell. Clementine also isn't to blame, confronting Arvo was normal and they were bound to run into him regardless, considering he stashes the drugs in that trash above, he'd probably meet the group after they're stranded up there, so definitely not Clementine's fault in any regard, unless you of course took action in robbing him which would even be out-of-character for Clem considering in season 1 she didn't even considering taking from the car, didn't even want the hoodie, but hey, it's a multi-option game with her being the character so that goes out the door sometimes for person user's choice. I believe Jane is more to blame, and they probably would've left the group alone if Jane didn't run off in the first place, as Jane was the one invoking an uncivil attitude, considering she was threatening him, implying situations, scaring him, didn't even give his weapon back (probably for the better though logically though in case he fires at you instantly...but he kept his medicine most importantly), and suggested to rob his medicine for his sister that required it allegedly. I still believe Arvo wanted to run off, not because of Kenny primarily, but because he got his fucking group killed in the process, and the group that killed them is capturing him (as he sees it). Guess what would've been the most logical action? After the fight, aim a gun at his head, pull the trigger, and end the afflictions he caused and will cause, that or just let him leave; ditch him. Mike went way too easy on Arvo for what he did, and the excuse was horrible, "oh he's just a kid, he's scared!", who cares, he has a conscience and knew what he was doing.

Yeeeah...the other two flashbacks are hated more because of what they mean for the people involved, but I always did raise a humorous eyebrow at how arbitrary the Edith flashback is in comparison.

Well personally I hate all of the flashbacks, not necessarily the alone version, but given it's so insignificant it's really nothing great. I'd say Kenny's is the worst, Wellington's the second, Jane's the third, and alone the fourth, but yeah, they're not good regardless. Wellington was quite a waste, like, did they really have to collapse Wellington? Did they really have to kill Kenny? Did they really have to kill Jane? All of it just seems so futile and insignificant; boring, and abysmal, I understand they can't make Kenny nor Jane stay in the game for too long as it would take a lot of extra work for them to implement this, but hell, even Doug and Carley stay alive for an entire episode before they die, and how long do they keep Kenny - one of the most important characters alive for? Five minutes. Same with Jane but I'm not really as shocked with her death, but still shows how lazy they've gotten...just....five minutes for your season 2 ending choice.

Well really, I think the (unintentional?) point of that finale is that the same people you have to pick to trust and go with at the end of t

• Kek, it's beginning to be the truth though, sadly. This is coming from someone who used to defend the absolute hell out of season 3 Clementine, then I quit browsing this forum, and deducted my own opinions, compared seasons 1 and 2 Clementine with season 3's, and the change is not only unexplained, but it's a change that screws with character's premise and features, it's a bad change. One might say, "Oh, but Spodes! Clementine lost all she c-cared about!", but guess what, she lost Lee which was the hardest thing for her to lose, maybe even worse than losing her parents, and she was never too close with the cabin crew, didn't cry for Luke of all people, or Sarah which was a good friend in my story. Clementine has handled tremendous loss, she would've been acting like this a long time ago, a two year time skip isn't a good reason, and even when she loses Kenny which is the most impactful if chosen I'd argue, this still isn't great, because Kenny loved Clem for the way she's been since season 1 at the time, and probably considers Clementine a lot more valuable than himself, but other than that, I doubt she'd change this harshly from Jane or Wellington, and being with AJ alone isn't going to change her really, she's just glad she has AJ at that point; raising him right. I wonder if her change has to do with her stupid decision to join the New Frontier (Telltale: fuck ur choices d00d, even tho clem wouldn't join this ominous as fuck group u gotta be forced to join for the plot buddy :^)), but even she sees that the New Frontier was an awful group apparently; can't believe she got branded though, that angers me the most regarding this subject, having this heat-stamped tattoo of a fascist shithole group on her arm.

So that's how you turn a one sentence reply into a paragraph, take notes (but that's what happens when I don't have anywhere to release my opinions I've concluded, they end up coming out in a rant so I can talk about it :^) ).

I probably wouldn't want to discuss an opposite of season 1/2 Clementine really, but hey, season 3 exist

• Clemenem posted: »

If she were real would you consider Ava fuckable? I know she looks unconventional to say the least yet she's intriguing and looks as if she'

• Why Episode 2 of A new frontier is mentioned "FREE" but when we click on it , it says us to "BUY"

• "no"

Clemenem posted: »

If she were real would you consider Ava fuckable? I know she looks unconventional to say the least yet she's intriguing and looks as if she'

• What platform are you on?

Dangerboy posted: »

Why Episode 2 of A new frontier is mentioned "FREE" but when we click on it , it says us to "BUY"

• What's this, an update? For....what?

• Is there a teenager people generally like?

• edited March 2017

If you're talking about TWD, I liked Ben even though he fucked up, not Clem though in season 3, but I'm sure many still like her character. I also liked Sarah as Clem's friend, but other than that I don't know.

Is there a teenager people generally like?

• Can you even sort them by best and worse? Literally every one of them, excluding Bonnie, were on screen for 5 seconds.

For the sake of recapping general impressions, who had the best/worst 400 Days cameos?

• Well, I was trying to figure out how people generally reacted to them individually.

BroKenny posted: »

Can you even sort them by best and worse? Literally every one of them, excluding Bonnie, were on screen for 5 seconds.

• edited March 2017

What are Mark, The St. Johns, Jolene, Vernon, Brie, the Stranger, the 400 Days Characters, Michelle, the Ski Lodge Group, Troy, and the Russian Group's Temperaments?

What character fits which part of the Freudian Trio(Ego, Superego, Id)

• Well, it was an extremely short update, probably just something trivial, who knows.

What's this, an update? For....what?

• IPhone

What platform are you on?

• Can you upload the screenshots? Also I've never purchased the game on mobile, only PC thus far so I wouldn't know, but as long as you're not being charged extra you'll be okay.

Dangerboy posted: »

IPhone

• She also mentioned that they used to go to the fair in Virginia before the outbreak.

Which 4 states did Jane drag Jaime through? What do you think they went thru?

• Didn't she say it was Washington DC though, not Washington state?

Pretty sure they lived on the east coast judging from the Virginia amusement park from their childhood. And wasn't Howes in Tennessee? I wonder how far Jane traveled after Jaime died

I think she said something about being in Washington at one point when some dick got stuck under a car and tore out an old woman's throat when they got him out? So, it's possible she was from the Nevada area or most likely Jersey.

• Didn't she say it was Washington DC though, not Washington state?

Hence why mentioned Jersey.

I wonder how far Jane traveled after Jaime died

Oh, who knows? She says she deluded herself after it "killed her for a long time," so I'd assume she crossed two or even three states before getting caught trying to steal from Howe's.

That's kind of a problem with Jane: she has -3 years to have adventures and become a jaded (for lack of a better word) nihilist.

Didn't she say it was Washington DC though, not Washington state? Pretty sure they lived on the east coast judging from the Virginia amus

• edited March 2017

Is there a way to get your feedbell to stop saying 99+?

And for that matter, is it possible to see many of your notifications at once without clicking Load More a hundred times?

• Have you ever checked your notifications? Or are you just saying it's glitching and not clearing them.

Is there a way to get your feedbell to stop saying 99+? And for that matter, is it possible to see many of your notifications at once without clicking Load More a hundred times?

• I've clicked Load More until I've seen every one I've ever gotten, whether I clicked on them or not.

Have you ever checked your notifications? Or are you just saying it's glitching and not clearing them.

• Try a separate browser? They should disappear the second you reload the page after entering your feed. Also....you clicked all the way down there...I'll never be able to click load more much ever again, since the "incident" occurred.

I've clicked Load More until I've seen every one I've ever gotten, whether I clicked on them or not.

• Yeah, I know. Luckily for me, I'd already became matter of fact about that type of thing, so clicking far just elicits a response of "Oh yeah, that was a thing. Crazy times, man."

Try a separate browser? They should disappear the second you reload the page after entering your feed. Also....you clicked all the way down there...I'll never be able to click load more much ever again, since the "incident" occurred.

• I can't stand to see any of it at all, thankfully I never saw it, and anyone who indulges in that should choke on blood. I have a niche; extremely bitter hatred for these people, so I can't even shrug it off like you do, I'd actually shove a razor into their mouth if I could. You might say, "Whoa, Spodes, that's a bit harsh!", but eh.......I can't see it like that, it's just one of those things I detest. It's probably something that pisses me off more than anything, and I'll still to this day look upwards when I get a new notification like I inadvertently did the first time the guy spammed everyone with that, just so I'll never be exposed to it. It's inevitable that it will occur again, unless Telltale webdevs want to implement my suggested changes that would fix the issue immensely, which I could explain here publicly but I doubt anyone really gives a damn, I'll stop ranting now.

Yeah, I know. Luckily for me, I'd already became matter of fact about that type of thing, so clicking far just elicits a response of "Oh yeah, that was a thing. Crazy times, man."

• Does anyone know what happened to Daze? I don't browse this site at all (as of recently I've only been active in this thread specifically, since it's safe more or less) and it's been a long time, but playing season 2 again, I believe I got even more evidence on why Jane's baby was from Luke and not Troy, and I know Daze was adamant that it was Troy's, but I discovered he was banned just a bit ago.

• I have no idea. I only noticed that last night myself.

Does anyone know what happened to Daze? I don't browse this site at all (as of recently I've only been active in this thread specifically, s

• What do you think it is like being a walker?

Is the person still alive in there somewhere? Are they in constant torture, unable to control their monstrous behavior?

Or is it just like being dead, there is just nothing truly alive in the mind or soul anymore?

It's really tearing me up because Kenny might have turned in his flashback.

• edited March 2017

I've wondered that since Season 1, to be honest. I even asked similar questions here a few times in hopes the comic crowd will have answers.

From what I've been told though, turning basically involves the person's brain disabling all the important parts in favor of those that control motion and the five senses. Whether the walkers actually need to eat or not is something I'm not concrete on, but the gist I've gotten so far is that they come into being when the person they used to be (or who used to control that body(?)) passes away. So, if I had to guess, it's less of a roboticizer situation and more like the virus taking over where the person's soul/aura/core/whatever used to be and making the body get up and start hunting the living despite being functionally dead, hence why they resemble/are zombies. I've heard that newer walkers retain some leftover traces of the consciousness of the original at first, allowing them to use thinking on the level of a monkey and cling/respond to things that remind them of who they used to be, hence things like a little girl still carrying her doll in a trailer, walkers using rocks to break windows, Diana and Ed sticking near each other in Savannah, and possibly Natasha ignoring Arvo and Kenny in favor of following AJ's crying and eating Clementine if she's allowed to get too close, so maybe it's a FMA(2003) thing except in reverse.

I know I was pitching a story exploring what happens the people who turn a while back, but it never went anywhere beyond a few musings, dramatic setups, and references to other games.

What do you think it is like being a walker? Is the person still alive in there somewhere? Are they in constant torture, unable to contro

• I'm a comic reader as well and to be honest the issue is still debated and theorized by characters to this day. We just heard Negan wondering whether being a walker was like a Neil Young concert every day. Some characters like Rick are so desensitized that they dont think about it anymore.

The walkers actually DO need to eat. If they dont, they lose the energy to move around and just sort of wait until something comes by. Also, the two first examples you provided are mostly a result of the season 1 TV director who favored more sci fi elements which aren't actually in the comic and which dont appear in any of the later seasons.

I never truly thought about Natasha nor Clem's parents. Their behavior is somewhat bizarre. We can also count Mark killing Brenda as him possibly remembering that this woman had wronged him. I can't think of any other examples... the only rule we truly know is that hot tempered people can tend to turn faster because they're more walker like.

I've wondered that since Season 1, to be honest. I even asked similar questions here a few times in hopes the comic crowd will have answers.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.