The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I feel like Christa and Omid should have taken Alvin and Rebecca's place so that the remainder of the group we were left with in S1E5 get definitive and conclusive endings as their characters would have reached their full development and make the two seasons tie together much much better.

I'm not sure how they'd incorporate with replacing them with Rebecca and Alvin, but they should have definitely extended their screen time beyond episode 1, that's for sure. It was less than 30 minutes into episode 1 and I'm pretty sure even Christa was gone by then (we don't know what exactly happened to her). Maybe even eventually we could've taken care of Christa's baby.

A New Frontier never had much of a chance of being great as it's the follow up to a lackluster season. The amount of writers that are added on to this season makes a story that flows together all the more difficult

Not sure about too much of a chance to be great as they killed off Kenny, and now we're left with nobody from season 1 to connect to strongly it appears, maybe Christa if they decide to bring her back, and I also believe that Clem not being the main playable character ruined this season also, since Javier's family is so unbelievably incompetent; rather annoying, yet we're supposed to care about them. And yes, they did put too much writers this season, it's obnoxious as hell.

Clemenem posted: »

I genuinely do believe that Season 2 had a chance to be better than S1 though. It was building up to be an amazing story, I feel Tel

• I'm pretty sure even Christa was gone by then (we don't know what exactly happened to her).

She was originally intended to have gotten away and it was apparently planned to reveal what happened to her afterwards in No Going Back.

Spodes posted: »

I feel like Christa and Omid should have taken Alvin and Rebecca's place so that the remainder of the group we were left with in S1E5 get de

• Where did you hear this? I genuinely felt for a long time she would return, like 100% guranteed should we come back. I thought we would see her by episode 3... ok she's not there, how about episode 4? No? Well, now she HAS to show up in ep5! ... uhh... I guess not. I wanted to see her reaction to seeing Kenny again after he (determinantly) saved her life. Would've made for a really interesting scene.

DabigRG posted: »

I'm pretty sure even Christa was gone by then (we don't know what exactly happened to her). She was originally intended to have gotten away and it was apparently planned to reveal what happened to her afterwards in No Going Back.

• edited March 2017

The gotten away part is an easy assumption from the fact that Mike was originally supposed to turn out to be "Ralph" of the North Carolina Scavengers, with his scar and damaged ear being the product of the gunshot you hear. And it makes more sense for her to have gotten away than to reveal that she was still killed by it; we need to be able to trust/like Mike on some level, after all.

Meanwhile, I remember seeing someone mention that one of Telltale's staff said we'd find out what happened to her before No Going Back or maybe even Amid the Ruins came out. Don't know who and where this came from though.

Graysonn posted: »

Where did you hear this? I genuinely felt for a long time she would return, like 100% guranteed should we come back. I thought we would see

• How long/far did the motor inn group drive before Kenny hit the walker and had to pull over

• They ran in a hurry around sunset, right? I don't really recall what happened directly after that, whether a time skip occurred or it got straight to the point, but probably a few hours considering the time they pulled over it was roughly 8:00 PM (20:00 - 24 hr time) night I'd assume, or possibly an hour later than that, who knows.

How long/far did the motor inn group drive before Kenny hit the walker and had to pull over

• Who voiced Buricko and Natasha?

• edited March 2017

What characters would choose to believe in either Romanticism or Enlightment?

EDIT:For those who understandably don't know what the fuck I'm talking about even with a google search, here's some generalizations:
    Romanism= Chaos, Emotions, Nature, Magic, Harmony, Good/Evi, Play, Strength;
    Enlightment= Order, Logic, Nurture, Science, Discipline, Gray/Grey, Work, Skill.

• Probably all of them, right? Since both of these movements are based primarily regarding individualism and showing a way of protesting common religious-based belief back then (they started to base most things on logic and reasoning through objective; scientific means).

What characters would choose to believe in either Romanticism or Enlightment? EDIT:For those who understandably don't know what the fuck

• Maybe I should rephrase that to specify they would have to pick a side.

Probably all of them, right? Since both of these movements are based primarily regarding individualism and showing a way of protesting commo

• they would have to pick a side.

Between Romanticism or Enlightenment? Or Conformity vs Individualism? I think people need more context to answer this due to Romanticism and Enlightenment being similar in ideology.

Maybe I should rephrase that to specify they would have to pick a side.

• Between Romanticism or Enlightenment? Or Conformity vs Individualism?

Woah, calm down there, Philmore!

I think people need more context to answer this due to Romanticism and Enlightenment being similar in ideology.

Agreed. I considered it after I editted but your advice is still contributory.

they would have to pick a side. Between Romanticism or Enlightenment? Or Conformity vs Individualism? I think people need more context to answer this due to Romanticism and Enlightenment being similar in ideology.

• Woah, calm down there, Philmore!

We're /Fahrenheit 451/ over here now.

Between Romanticism or Enlightenment? Or Conformity vs Individualism? Woah, calm down there, Philmore! I think people need mor

• Took me a minute to figure out what the fuck you were referencing there.

Woah, calm down there, Philmore! We're /Fahrenheit 451/ over here now.

• Ha yeah, Fahrenheit's main theme was related to conformity vs individuality; a constant motif regarding this book.

Took me a minute to figure out what the fuck you were referencing there.

• I thought you were just talking Thug Notes. :lol:

Ha yeah, Fahrenheit's main theme was related to conformity vs individuality; a constant motif regarding this book.

• kek

I thought you were just talking Thug Notes.

• Yeah, I liked that South Park episode too.

kek

• Has anyone ever asked about what influenced the handling of Clementine and the player character in ANF?

• Repeats

How do you think things would've gone and how you would've felt if Kenny had been "Carver" like originally planned?

Given the Season's track record, do you think Jane was intentionally designed with the option of replacing Luke and Sarah in mind?

For those who wanna get all Ron the Death Eater: do you think that being right about Eleanor could be a sign of the writers trying to have another character like Kenny in terms of reception and execution?
    What is each characters personal philosophies/morality/etc?

If anyone knows anything about model manipulation or whatever, can someone make a picture of Michelle with Sarah's glasses?

If Kenny is Lee's Shadow, what does that make Lilly and why?

What characters do you think could've been combined to streamline the undergone this process story into a more focused narrative? why?

Referring back to the idea of Teams being formed around Kenny and Luke's respective leadership styles, who do you think would side with who out of these outliers?

Team Clementine(aka I'm not sure)
    Clementine
    Rebecca
    Alvin
    Sarah
    +Reggie
    Jane
    +Arvo
    +Alvin Rebecca Carver Jr.

• Was Vince's whole motivation for going with Tavia to find Justin and kill him?

Do you think he succeeded?

• Was Vince's whole motivation for going with Tavia to find Justin and kill him?

That's an interesting question. Honestly I don't think Vince was a cold blooded killer. The circumstances of his first murder are unknown but there seemed to be an underlying reason to it. I don't think he would kill Justin just for leaving him for the promise of a better life

Was Vince's whole motivation for going with Tavia to find Justin and kill him? Do you think he succeeded?

• Hopefully, he either did or Justin never made it there.

Was Vince's whole motivation for going with Tavia to find Justin and kill him? Do you think he succeeded?

• edited March 2017

Might be a job for @Deltino, but does anyone know how you get this line?:

Carlos: --Exactly what Sarah says everytime I catch her in a lie.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2017

In episode 1, after Carlos looks at your arm.

Carlos: I wish you hadn't done what you did.

Choose "I didn't do anything"

Might be a job for @Deltino, but does anyone know how you get this line?: Carlos: --Exactly what Sarah says everytime I catch her in a lie.

• Really now? :confused:That...should've been obvious, actually. Damn, Sarah is a real rebel.

Thanks!

Deltino posted: »

In episode 1, after Carlos looks at your arm. Carlos: I wish you hadn't done what you did. Choose "I didn't do anything"

• I've heard the Telltale stream regarding ANF has occurred today (not sure if it's over or not). Can anyone summarize what they conveyed, at least the important stuff such as release date?

• What are the rest of the dialogue options regarding that anyways? Trying to recall which one I picked.

Deltino posted: »

In episode 1, after Carlos looks at your arm. Carlos: I wish you hadn't done what you did. Choose "I didn't do anything"

• edited March 2017

. @Deltino (Hopefully, you won't have to get used to that any time soon)

Concerning your post about the Four Temperaments, any particular reason you listed Molly and Jane the way you did rather than the other way around?

• Since no one replied, I watched it myself, and it doesn't look too bad but we don't know anything regarding the actual length of the episode, whether Clementine is going to out of character still, or the plot in general. It appears we may have a choice to kill badger or not (I don't think it should be a forced thing) much like season 1 where you can kill the St. Johns or spare their lives for the walkers. It also appears Clem isn't going to have AJ for another episode or so, or maybe by the end of episode 3 she'll have him.

I've heard the Telltale stream regarding ANF has occurred today (not sure if it's over or not). Can anyone summarize what they conveyed, at least the important stuff such as release date?

• Does Luke ever actually use the pistol on his side?

• How do you think things would've gone and how you would've felt if Kenny had been "Carver" like originally planned?

Awful. I could write a lot about how terrible that would be but it didn't happen so even TTG knew how bad it would be. There is no way Kenny could not only start a camp of his own but maintain one, Kenny has no agenda unlike Carver who was all about survival of the fittest/tough displicine and generally speaking the way people reacted towards Kenny in S2 leads me to believe he would be even more disliked in that storyline. Kenny loses his eye, sacrifices himself at mulitple points and would do anything for Clem but that still isn't good enough for some people. Imagine if he was a strict ruler of a camp? Horrible idea.

Repeats How do you think things would've gone and how you would've felt if Kenny had been "Carver" like originally planned? Given the

• Didn't he use it when they were fighting off the Russians?

Does Luke ever actually use the pistol on his side?

• edited March 2017

No, he used Carver/Troy's AK-47.

hesif posted: »

Didn't he use it when they were fighting off the Russians?

• No but I think he is ready to draw it on Matthew on the bridge.

• Does Luke ever actually use the pistol on his side?

Yes, see the screenshot below, I just verified what @VengefulKenny said though.

• Maybe he never used it because he didn't have bullets. It could have just been for show.

Does Luke ever actually use the pistol on his side? Yes, see the screenshot below, I just verified what @VengefulKenny said though.

• True enough. I believe I recall reading that he can use it at one point during that episode but I can't find a playthrough where that happens.

Maybe he never used it because he didn't have bullets. It could have just been for show.

• Generally speaking, do you think the ending you got in s2 affects how much you care about AJ?

I got the Kenny ending and my lasts words to him were promising to protect AJ and that's my #1 goal in this game now. Maybe a Jane ending or alone ending wouldn't have as a great of an obligation or affection for the kid.

• I don't believe Luke ever used that pistol, and if he had it by the time he got to the lodge, it would've disappeared soon after when Carver shows up. Also, Luke went with Kenny when they were shutting off the wind turbine, right? Anyways, people get weapons and lose them every once in a while. Also I was recalling your question recently about Rebecca and the gun she gets from Carver's dead body, she DOES show it once, and that's when everyone starts to spread off into the ruins and think Kenny may possibly attack her:

True enough. I believe I recall reading that he can use it at one point during that episode but I can't find a playthrough where that happens.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.