The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• There was a post in the details thread listing character ages and heights from Part 1. The person who posted it mentioned that they visited one of the character/art designer's Instagram and they confirmed it. I posted the screenshot in a previous question a page or two back, but it apparently didn't link properly.

Acheive250 posted: »

How do you know?

• Can someone explain why Clementine helps Javier, Gabe, Kate and Ava at the end of Ep 4 rescue david though she hates david? She even helps if you agreed with Conrad in Ep 2 to selling her out.

• Because she's a hero...? I just assume she's tagging along for the ride to help settle things in Richmond before heading off to find AJ.

Can someone explain why Clementine helps Javier, Gabe, Kate and Ava at the end of Ep 4 rescue david though she hates david? She even helps if you agreed with Conrad in Ep 2 to selling her out.

• I wouldn't be mad if someone sold me out if it was that or killing a guy who saved Javi's life not ten mins ago

Can someone explain why Clementine helps Javier, Gabe, Kate and Ava at the end of Ep 4 rescue david though she hates david? She even helps if you agreed with Conrad in Ep 2 to selling her out.

• in the Jane flashback she calls Kenny a monster

I don't know how Clem could ever be that delusional, but I guess Jane supporters like it...?

Just a guess but in the Jane flashback she calls Kenny a monster so maybe Clem can respond by saying this

• Has Gabe ever actually killed anyone onscreen?

• Lingard DID mention that David was the only one who stepped up and took responsibility for AJ

• I think he meant Jane calls Kenny a monster and Clem can reply saying he's insane or something, talking about what he did to Carver. Nevermind she shot a guy in the genitals and let him get eaten alive, that's apparantly a-ok.

Spodes posted: »

in the Jane flashback she calls Kenny a monster I don't know how Clem could ever be that delusional, but I guess Jane supporters like it...?

• Never mind that Jane also made a pretense that she killed a newborn due to selfishness, which Clem and Kenny loved and took care of dearly after the mother died, all to show "how Kenny really is", even though Kenny was in the right, and made great decisions for the group. All so Jane can shoehorn her agenda that she's this "great" person, but she's definitely sick in the head because she could have actually killed AJ (if the storm didn't calm down for them to hear AJ crying), and wanted to manipulate Clem into a story to justify her wanting to kill Kenny.

But then again, that's okay in Jane's eyes (Carver is a monster...!).

Graysonn posted: »

I think he meant Jane calls Kenny a monster and Clem can reply saying he's insane or something, talking about what he did to Carver. Nevermind she shot a guy in the genitals and let him get eaten alive, that's apparantly a-ok.

• edited April 2017

I haven't watched/played episodes 3 and 4, so I wouldn't know, but I know for sure in the first two he didn't kill a single walker...and given your questioning, I don't think he's still killed a walker (or maybe he has, I could be incorrect).

DabigRG posted: »

Has Gabe ever actually killed anyone onscreen?

• Or immediately deciding to leave someone who reminds her of her own beloved sister to a similar fate rather than bother to even speak to her herself.

Graysonn posted: »

I think he meant Jane calls Kenny a monster and Clem can reply saying he's insane or something, talking about what he did to Carver. Nevermind she shot a guy in the genitals and let him get eaten alive, that's apparantly a-ok.

• Walkers don't really count.

I haven't watched/played episodes 3 and 4, so I wouldn't know, but I know for sure in the first two he didn't kill a single walker...and given your questioning, I don't think he's still killed a walker (or maybe he has, I could be incorrect).

• Has he killed a walker yet? I wish Clem was on the list of not killing anyone on impulse/malice.

Walkers don't really count.

• edited April 2017

Besides the one who took his anger over Mariana's death out on, I don't think so.

Spoiler: Walkers are near absent from Thicker than Water

Has he killed a walker yet? I wish Clem was on the list of not killing anyone on impulse/malice.

• Ah, okay.

Then I guess it's possible... But you'd think Conrad would know, right?

There was a post in the details thread listing character ages and heights from Part 1. The person who posted it mentioned that they visited

• Hmm, there's more Walkers in episode four than episode three, right?

[SPOILER: IN CASE THE PERSON ABOVE THE PERSON ABOVE ME READS THIS]

I have a feeling walkers will play a pretty large role in episode 5.

Besides the one who took his anger over Mariana's death out on, I don't think so. Spoiler: Walkers are near absent from Thicker than Water

• Assuming you're talking about him ratting on you shooting Conrad, I'm pretty sure he says it regardless. I was nice to him for most of the game (only said bad things when he wanted to get close to Clem) and he still spilled the beans. The whole scene with you arguing with Tripp is supposed to make up for the other scene where he talks to Conrad if the latter is alive.

• He is sadly completely absent if spared. He was most likely jailed somewhere or sent off duty.

If you killed him in EP3, he's one of the bodies Joan shows to the crowd at the end of the episode (along with Badger and determinantly Dr. Lingard).

I was wondering, what happened to Max if you sparred him in episode 3? He was not in episode four at all. Also, why was Jesus' voice actor credited in episode 4? Does he return depending on a choice you make?

• At the end of my EP4, Joan showed Dr. Lingard's dead body along with Badger with a mask on his face (to hide that his head was split open). What happens if you don't kill Lingard and let Badger turn or let Tripp/Conrad kill him?

• As far as I know, Badger will always be there, with his body's condition reflecting how you dealt with him.

BC_Guy posted: »

At the end of my EP4, Joan showed Dr. Lingard's dead body along with Badger with a mask on his face (to hide that his head was split open). What happens if you don't kill Lingard and let Badger turn or let Tripp/Conrad kill him?

• If you kill Max, Badger or Lingard, they will appear at the town square when Joan shows their bodies. Badger dies regardless of your choice, so even if you left him to turn and didn't kill the others, he will still appear there.

At the end of my EP4, Joan showed Dr. Lingard's dead body along with Badger with a mask on his face (to hide that his head was split open). What happens if you don't kill Lingard and let Badger turn or let Tripp/Conrad kill him?

• In my playthrough where I shot Conrad, Eleanor ratted me out to Joan. Does she always do this even if you spared Conrad?

• Yes. The only difference is that she seems a little uncertain in having made that choice when Joan singles her out.

In my playthrough where I shot Conrad, Eleanor ratted me out to Joan. Does she always do this even if you spared Conrad?

• Yeah she still tells Joan even if you spared him.

In my playthrough where I shot Conrad, Eleanor ratted me out to Joan. Does she always do this even if you spared Conrad?

• Besides the one who took his anger over Mariana's death out on, I don't think so.

That walker was dead already though...he didn't even kill it.

Besides the one who took his anger over Mariana's death out on, I don't think so. Spoiler: Walkers are near absent from Thicker than Water

• Was that really something that was clarified? I don't recall seeing any others in the area and he has a gun on him anyway just in case, so I just assumed it was a stray one he attacked when he spotted it.

Besides the one who took his anger over Mariana's death out on, I don't think so. That walker was dead already though...he didn't even kill it.

• It wasn't implied that he necessarily killed it himself. It always appeared to me that he just was really angry and started smashing in a dead walker's head, possibly one that Clem/Tripp killed as they entered the previous night before...but it was the only dead walker left, which was impossible unless someone cleaned out the bodies.

Was that really something that was clarified? I don't recall seeing any others in the area and he has a gun on him anyway just in case, so I just assumed it was a stray one he attacked when he spotted it.

• My point exactly, but you make a fair case. Plus, it's pretty established at this point that he (and likely Mariana as well) knows how to defend himself somewhat, it's just that he keeps picking fights he can't win on the rare occasion he does. So the idea that a single walker could be assaulted by him isn't that far-fetched to me.

It wasn't implied that he necessarily killed it himself. It always appeared to me that he just was really angry and started smashing in a de

• How different is episode 4 if:

• You killed Max?
    • You tried to run away with Kate in EP3?

Also did Rufus get killed during the final fight?

• Well, in episode 2 he fails to defend himself properly, showing a major lack of experience and grip on taking actions against walkers in general, so Jesus saves him with his badass kicks.

My point exactly, but you make a fair case. Plus, it's pretty established at this point that he (and likely Mariana as well) knows how to de

• edited April 2017

David angrily rants about how you're dead to him or something for betraying his trust right before Joan proceeded to take away everything he's worked for and now he can't protect everyone. Kate will come to save Javier from the cell after David is taken and he and Gabe go to the armory, where Gabe distracts the guard so they can get in and Ava briefly holds them at gunpoint for deviating from David's plan. I think everything after this falls into place with what would happen if you stuck to the plan, with Max being one of the corpses(alongside Badger and Lonnie) being displayed as evidence by Joan to the people of Richmond if you or David killed him.

As far as I know, Rufus only shows up at the beginning of the episode and will presumably return in the final episode where he'll die in the final battle.

How different is episode 4 if: * You killed Max? * You tried to run away with Kate in EP3? Also did Rufus get killed during the final fight?

• What happened as a result of the shootout at the end of EP3 (if you killed Max)? Did only Lonnie die?

David angrily rants about how you're dead to him or something for betraying his trust right before Joan proceeded to take away everything he

• Yes, only Lonnie died. The gunshots were apparently David killing him.

What happened as a result of the shootout at the end of EP3 (if you killed Max)? Did only Lonnie die?

• Yeah Jane calls him a monster and Clem can agreee

in the Jane flashback she calls Kenny a monster I don't know how Clem could ever be that delusional, but I guess Jane supporters like it...?

• If it is possible not to put down Lingard after he's dead, does that affect his corpse at David's execution?

• You can also let Kenny kill Jane and then leave Kenny, or let Kenny kill Jane and kill Kenny afterwards to get the alone ending.

Why is Clem missing a finger!? If you killed Kenny, and left Jane in season 2, you get the "alone" ending. Just review the flashback

• Maybe that explains why she said "don't fuck this up?"

Because of David. If you leave with Kate, Ava shows up while you're loading up on weapons with Gabe and holds them up at gunpoint for a bit

• Lonnie can also show up, remember :3

He is sadly completely absent if spared. He was most likely jailed somewhere or sent off duty. If you killed him in EP3, he's one of the bodies Joan shows to the crowd at the end of the episode (along with Badger and determinantly Dr. Lingard).

• I can still see an armed with death scene playing out. Even on that AMA it sounded an awful lot like it was being hinted somewhere on there. I might go and look for it again.

Hmm, there's more Walkers in episode four than episode three, right? [SPOILER: IN CASE THE PERSON ABOVE THE PERSON ABOVE ME READS THIS] I have a feeling walkers will play a pretty large role in episode 5.

• Exactly.

Melton23 posted: »

Maybe that explains why she said "don't fuck this up?"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.