Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Well I hope its the alternate timeline Chole then (of course without the paralysis). I loved the game but never liked Chloe particulary.

MichaelBP posted: »

Yeah, mostly because there a little debate over whether Chloe or Rachel would be the PC.

• edited June 2017

Ashly Burch will be writing for the series, but won't be portraying Chloe.

But, why? Ashly could easily pull off a 16 year old Chloe... Is it because Dontnod is not developing this title?

I hope the change between actresses isn't too polarizing. But, I don't think anything will be as polarizing to me as changing Rise's actress from Laura Bailey to, quite ironically, Ashly Burch. I guess we'll see...

Alright I'll fucking bite. The finale was straight up garbage, but what was good is being heavily presented in this mini series. News - h

• OMG OMG OMG IT'S RACHEL AND CHLOE *faints

dojo32161 posted: »

Seems the Life is Strange prequel was officially confirmed at the Microsoft conference. It's apparently called "Life is Strange: Before The Storm"

• I like that. As long as the new VA portrays Chloe like Ashley did, there should be no concerns. And like @edgyclementine said, Ashley does know Chloe so I feel like Chloe is in good hands.

Alright I'll fucking bite. The finale was straight up garbage, but what was good is being heavily presented in this mini series. News - h

• Ashley Burch will be writing for the series, but won't be portraying Chloe.

W-WHAT!? BUT SHE WAS HELLA AWSOME! NO ONE CAN PORTRAY CHLOE LIKE HER!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Suppose I'll update the thread from now on.

The video description confirms it

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a new three part standalone story adventure set three years before the events of the first game. This time play as Chloe Price, a rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber in dramatic new story in the BAFTA award winning franchise.
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 releases August 31, 2017 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

MichaelBP posted: »

It pretty much also confirmed that Chloe is the PC, didn't it?

• edited June 2017

Apparently... there's also this extra Episode that will release after Episode 3, as a sort of "Farewell" episode for Max.

We know that many of you would love to see more from Max. Due to the way in which the first game ended, we didn’t want to canonize one group of players’ choices over the other – a sentiment echoed strongly by our community. That being said, we will still be giving you one final chance to play as Max through the self-contained bonus “Farewell” episode, which takes place long before the events of Before the Storm.

Interesting how we'lll play as Max once more (regrettably without superpowers), and as something that takes place before the prequel itself. [I assume it might just focus on Max and Chloe's early friendship, their pirate playdates, people in Arcadia, etc.] But, the acquisition of this episode has a catch...

This stand-alone bonus episode, will release after episode 3, and is only available as part of the Deluxe Edition of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Rest assured, anyone purchasing the complete season of Before the Storm will get the full story. Max’s ‘Farewell’ episode really is just a bonus episode for those who would like to play as her one final time.

So, there is going to be two versions. Deluxe edition Season pass- All 3 episodes plus exclusive bonus episode.. or Standard Season Pass- All 3 episodes.
    So for now, it seems the only way to get it is to buy the Deluxe edition, but we'll see down the line if there are any changes.

It is on the NA Playstation Store here: 24.99$ CAD for the Standard BTS Season.. 34.99$ CAD for the Deluxe Edition.
    Really interesting features based on the store description:

Story: Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons.

Features
    • Choice and consequence driven narrative adventure
    • Multiple endings depending on the choices you make
    • ‘Backtalk’ - A risk/reward conversation mode that allows Chloe to use her barbed tongue to provoke or get her way
    • Make your mark on the world with witty tags and drawings
    • Choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to your look
    • Distinct Licensed indie soundtrack

Preorder Bonuses, both versions:
    Pre-order the game and receive:

• “Classic Chloe” Outfit from the original game
    • An exclusive PS4® dynamic theme from Life is Strange: Before the Storm

DELUXE EDITION Contains:
    - The main game (Episodes 1-3).
    - Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode.
    - Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game.
    - Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

EDIT: Based on these facts, we can safely assume now that Season 2 will be about completely different people in a completely different place (with possibly completely different superpowers.) Since this is Max's "Farewell" Episode, and we will be playing as her "one last time".

• edited June 2017

If it turns out like King's Quests bonus episode which was 30 minutes max I think I'll just watch that episode on youtube.

Also 17 bucks for standard and 25 for deluxe. That's a bit steep for 3 episodes.

AChicken posted: »

Apparently... there's also this extra Episode that will release after Episode 3, as a sort of "Farewell" episode for Max. We know that

• I wish I had your prices.

If it turns out like King's Quests bonus episode which was 30 minutes max I think I'll just watch that episode on youtube. Also 17 bucks for standard and 25 for deluxe. That's a bit steep for 3 episodes.

Hawt Dog Man costume DLC? Sign me up!

Apparently... there's also this extra Episode that will release after Episode 3, as a sort of "Farewell" episode for Max. We know that

• Oh well isn't that just great, a game focused on the most detestable character from the original LiS, and one where we have to play as her, even fucking better.

Seems the Life is Strange prequel was officially confirmed at the Microsoft conference. It's apparently called "Life is Strange: Before The Storm"

• Ashley Burch will be writing for the series, but won't be portraying Chloe.

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Not only are they making a series centered around the least likable character from the first game, but they're not even going to have Ashley Burch, who did an amazing job in her portrayal of Chloe and deserved every single ounce of praise she got for it, playing her. This game is off to a great start already.

• A prequel is a very weird choice, I mean I'm down for more LiS I just don't know what is to be gained from a 3 episode prequel. I guess it'll be neat to actually see what Rachel was like before the whole getting murdered thing.

• Does anyone know if there will be a retail version?

• Excuse me, but why do you hate Chloe so much? I mean, I don't particulary like her, but what causes you so much hate?

Oh well isn't that just great, a game focused on the most detestable character from the original LiS, and one where we have to play as her, even fucking better.

• Waiting Threads! Fuck yeah! This trash can will be a hella lot of fun!

• [removed]

• Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success

enter image description here

Multiple endings depending on the choices you make

enter image description here

‘Backtalk’ - A risk/reward conversation mode that allows Chloe to use her barbed tongue to provoke or get her way

Hehe, this will be fun

Choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to your look

The game hasn't even started and I'm already worried DAMMIT CHLOE

Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

Oh, so this is Sims 3 again.

Story: Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons

RACHEL IS A PRESCOTT CONFIRMED

• RACHEL IS A PRESCOTT CONFIRMED

You mean that maybe we will finally see Nathan father?

Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success Multiple endings depending on the choices you make

• Oh, that would be great. I still want to know if the Dark Room proyect has anything to do with the storm...

RACHEL IS A PRESCOTT CONFIRMED You mean that maybe we will finally see Nathan father?

• Probably after all three episodes have been released.

Miklaus posted: »

Does anyone know if there will be a retail version?

• Probably most of the same reasons why you don't like her. I find her incredibly selfish, she's rebellious and has absolutely no respect for authority, she's hypocritical, she forces Max to abuse her time powers with absolutely no regard for her well being, especially since she notices that it causes her nosebleeds and makes her pass out, she treats Max like a dog on a leash, she criticizes Max for her decisions, even if its one she told her to make, her entire friendship with Max comes off as forced as the game tries to shove her down your throat, she's annoying, she's reckless, and she constantly has poor judgment and makes stupid decisions. The worst of it is how she plays the poor victim card all the damn time. Everything wrong in her life is always because of someone else, whether it be her shitty step dad, Max leaving, or even her own father for dying in a car crash, which was out of his control. However, when you look at it, a lot of what's wrong with her life is a result of her own poor decision making, and most of it is really her fault, oh but no, it's so much easier for her to blame others for her problems, rather than take personal responsibility for them. People like that irritate me in the real world and I do my best not to associate myself with them if they can't accept personal accountability, but the game, again, forces you to hang out and be friends with Chloe, and I don't see her go through any change in this regard. And the reason why so many people like Chloe is because they feel bad for her and don't hold her accountable for her actions, they go ahead and blame others too, she victimizes herself and the fans victimize her as well. It's the pity card that this game plays with her and I don't buy it. There are plenty of people in real life who have gone through similar and even worse shit who didn't see themselves as victims and went on to do amazing things. Hell, even the game has a character like this, the cop in the Two Whales Diner says his father ran out when he was 13, and he didn't do anything that Chloe did. Instead of breaking the law, he became a law enforcer. That's always been my biggest gripe with Chloe, her lack of accountability.

Excuse me, but why do you hate Chloe so much? I mean, I don't particulary like her, but what causes you so much hate?

• You're right. I thought you meant that she wasn't well written, which is totally wrong. But yeah, she's an asshole. And the worst part is that she never gets how wrong she is, she has practically no evolution. I wouldn't dislike her so much if she learned from her mistakes and realized how much of a bitch she is (shut up cHLOE U DON'T STOP ME FROM TALKING TO KATE FUCK U).

But no. Because reasons.

Probably most of the same reasons why you don't like her. I find her incredibly selfish, she's rebellious and has absolutely no respect for

edited June 2017

• Wait.

In the trailer, why the hell is Chloe in the car with William during the crash?

In the game she straight up says "Do you know what it's like to wait for your dad to come and he never does?"

What the fuck.

• Ever heard of a nightmare?

Wait. In the trailer, why the hell is Chloe in the car with William during the crash? In the game she straight up says "Do you know what it's like to wait for your dad to come and he never does?" What the fuck.

• Oh, true dat.

Legendary12 posted: »

Ever heard of a nightmare?

Nothing too new here but these are the screenshots from the Playstation store

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here
    enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

• She better dye her hair in an episode. I'll be low-key upset if she doesn't.

• In case you guys can't tell, that's Frank Bowers in the 3rd screenshot.

• So this is just a 3 episode small prequel. Wow...

Yes, Dontnod is working on the sequel while Deck Nine is working on this prequel.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

So this is just a 3 episode small prequel. Wow...

• So wait, does Dontnod have different departments working on each game? I know they've been working on Vampyr as well.

Yes, Dontnod is working on the sequel while Deck Nine is working on this prequel.

• So this game is just a fanfiction basically. :D

• edited June 2017

Is Ashly part of the voice actors strike that started in 2016? Maybe that's why she decided not to voice Chloe for the prequel... Sadly, 'cause she is awesome and it doesn't matter if the new actress will do a great job, Chloe wouldn't be the same without her voice.

I doubt that was the reason since she's on the writing staff for this game.

Miklaus posted: »

Is Ashly part of the voice actors strike that started in 2016? Maybe that's why she decided not to voice Chloe for the prequel... Sadly, 'ca

• I was kind of disappointed to see it's only 3 episodes, but really this prequel is just a bonus since Dontnod is working on a full fledged sequel! I'm glad Life Is Strange was such a success to warrant all of this interest in expanding the story and world.

• As far as I know, they only have two teams, one for Vampyr and the other for LiS2.

So wait, does Dontnod have different departments working on each game? I know they've been working on Vampyr as well.

• it's so pretty

Sign in to comment in this discussion.