Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Don't you get a bonus episode about Max's farewell in Deluxe Edition?

amerowolf posted: »

I was kind of disappointed to see it's only 3 episodes, but really this prequel is just a bonus since Dontnod is working on a full fledged s

• Despite my issues with her, I will admit she was well written for the most part, but it would have been nice had we seen some character growth in this aspect, have her learn to accept her mistakes and stop blaming others, but we see very little to practically none of that in the game.

And the thing is that she doesn't need to stop Max from talking to Kate, considering how she called Max on her cell phone, you don't need to stay in the same place to answer it. It's a mobile phone, meaning you can use it anywhere, they could have easily left the diner and answered it. But no, the game needs to cause unnecessary conflict, because reasons.

You're right. I thought you meant that she wasn't well written, which is totally wrong. But yeah, she's an asshole. And the worst part is th

• Wow, the prequel (3 episodes) will be up to 9 hours long in total.

Meanwhile season 3 was 5 episodes and 6.5 hours in total.

What a shame. Good for LiS, though.

• Is this confirmed?

Wow, the prequel (3 episodes) will be up to 9 hours long in total. Meanwhile season 3 was 5 episodes and 6.5 hours in total. What a shame. Good for LiS, though.

• Yes, they said it in another conference about an hour ago. We will also play as Chloe, she will be 16, and there are no powers at all in the game.

Is this confirmed?

• edited June 2017

3 hours an episode? Sweet. Justifies the slightly higher price.

Yes, they said it in another conference about an hour ago. We will also play as Chloe, she will be 16, and there are no powers at all in the game.

• Something else Telltale should learn from them.

As far as I know, they only have two teams, one for Vampyr and the other for LiS2.

• They said she wouldn't have powers, but that there will still be "something" there...

rachel is a prescott they're all time travelers confirmed

Yes, they said it in another conference about an hour ago. We will also play as Chloe, she will be 16, and there are no powers at all in the game.

• Am I the only one who feels the game didn't need a sad ending and there's no reason we can't have Max and Chloe having adventures in another season? Hell, this could've had a happy ending and it wouldn't of felt out of place to me.

• Good. I hope Telltale feels the heat.

Wow, the prequel (3 episodes) will be up to 9 hours long in total. Meanwhile season 3 was 5 episodes and 6.5 hours in total. What a shame. Good for LiS, though.

• Just something about the first game, so Chloe has to die in order to prevent the big ass tornado from hitting the town, but Max could've still been able to prevent it had she just interfered without using her rewind powers, it's possible, so would that have lead to the storm still?

• According with a theory of mine, no. If she didn't rewind, we would have gotten a happy ending.

Actually, a happy ending is so easy to get that it's painful that Max doesn't get it.

In short, rewinding doesn't cause two different timelines, it alters one single timeline. This is not its supposed to work. Ergo, MADAFAKIN TORNADO and shit. In the other hand, Photo Time Travel creates an alternative timeline, like it's suposed to be, with no tornado (the dead whales in Alt Timeline in E4 need further investigation. I suspect of Sean Prescott or/and Rachel Amber's spirit. I'm convinced it's Rachel's fault. This is a story for another day).

So, if Max had jumped back to be bathroom and saved Chloe with the photo WITHOUT REWIND Chloe would be alive and no tornado will come. Sure, this is an alternative timeline, and original one would still be fucked but Max is so stupid she wouldn't fucking notice.

10/10, Max Cauldfield. You're a fucking genious.

prink34320 posted: »

Just something about the first game, so Chloe has to die in order to prevent the big ass tornado from hitting the town, but Max could've sti

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    Miklaus posted: »

Is Ashly part of the voice actors strike that started in 2016? Maybe that's why she decided not to voice Chloe for the prequel... Sadly, 'ca

• This is why Ashly won't be reprising her role as Chloe for those who didn't know.

• edited June 2017

20 minutes of pre-release footage

• As if Chloe wouldn't steal the money!

• If I'm being honest, Telltale can pull off making two/three? games at once, the upper management just has to stop making impossible deadlines and whatnot.

Something else Telltale should learn from them.

• At least she's not completely apart from the game. I mean she's part of the writing for Chloe which is a pretty important part.

dojo32161 posted: »

Sorry, seems you were correct https://twitter.com/ashly_burch/status/874344938627977216

• edited June 2017

The second I saw that I was like "I'd be disappointed if someone picked not to take it" XD

ClemRanger posted: »

As if Chloe wouldn't steal the money!

• Yeah, but they would need better writers anyways.

If I'm being honest, Telltale can pull off making two/three? games at once, the upper management just has to stop making impossible deadlines and whatnot.

• Excuse me but what is this VA strike?

Miklaus posted: »

Is Ashly part of the voice actors strike that started in 2016? Maybe that's why she decided not to voice Chloe for the prequel... Sadly, 'ca

• Interfered without using her powers? You mean like by just hitting the fire alarm like she did?

This all hinges on the idea that Chloe's death in the bathroom is a 'fixed point in time'. That is, she's destined to die there at that time, and if that eventuality is prevented, then time falls out of joint and the universe tries to destroy Arcadia Bay in order to correct the timeline.

But I'd say Chloe's averted death isn't actually what caused the tornado. Max continually using her power is what caused it. I assume the power manifested in the first place because Max wanted to save her, but then she kept using her powers for other things and that tinkering snowballed into a destructive force. Meaning if Max never used her powers in the first place (saving Chloe), then it never would have manifested and led to the tornado.
    That being said, if Max had been killed in the bathroom instead of Chloe, then she never would have used her powers and thus no tornado. If Max had been wounded and knocked unconscious for the week, that would have the same effect. She wouldn't have used her powers that week, so no tornado.

Alternatively, instead of 'Chloe's death', the 'fixed point in time' that's supposed to happen to keep the universe going on the right track could just be 'Nathan's arrest', given that it leads to Jefferson's arrest. Meaning Chloe doesn't need to die, Nathan just needs to be put in a situation where he tells the police about Jefferson, which is caused by Chloe's death in the original timeline, but doesn't have to be.

prink34320 posted: »

Just something about the first game, so Chloe has to die in order to prevent the big ass tornado from hitting the town, but Max could've sti

• Oh yeah, the person who wanted to steal money from Blackwell's handicapped fund totally wouldn't steal a couple hundred bucks from the back of the car.

ClemRanger posted: »

As if Chloe wouldn't steal the money!

• It's almost as long as Telltale's previous seasons!

Take...a...hint..TT...somneone...?

• True.

Yeah, but they would need better writers anyways.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Seems like the Steam Store page is up and running

http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620/Life_is_Strange_Before_The_Storm/
    enter image description hereenter image description here

• Chloe, one of the most unintentionally reviled characters in recent years of game narratives, is getting her own shitty slice of puerile-dialogue driven borderline comically absurd prequel?

Sign me up!

enter image description here

Seems like the Steam Store page is up and running http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620/Life_is_Strange_Before_The_Storm/

• There are different factors, though. We are not exactly playing the same Chloe we played with in the original LiS. Chloe is now three years younger and, who knows, we might be playing a Chloe who has part of her soft side and morals still in tact.

Oh yeah, the person who wanted to steal money from Blackwell's handicapped fund totally wouldn't steal a couple hundred bucks from the back of the car.

• But it doesn't really matter because she will always turn into that selfish Chloe that we get in LiS.

There are different factors, though. We are not exactly playing the same Chloe we played with in the original LiS. Chloe is now three years younger and, who knows, we might be playing a Chloe who has part of her soft side and morals still in tact.

• That moment when you realise Chloe is the Clementine of Life Is Strange

• I also just realized it’s also available for pre order on Xbox I’m definitely pre ordering this!

Seems like the Steam Store page is up and running http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620/Life_is_Strange_Before_The_Storm/

• Well other than the fact the sequel is pretty much confirmed a new cast completely. But until then sure she is.

That moment when you realise Chloe is the Clementine of Life Is Strange

• edited June 2017

I know you're talking about character role and advertising, but honestly, Chloe have a lot more in common with Kenny than Clementine.

They're both selfish, stubborn, hot-headed, have no tolerance for rules and authority, and don't have much respect for their friends or allies in general unless they enable their bad behaviour. Not only that, both characters appear in more than one game/season.

That moment when you realise Chloe is the Clementine of Life Is Strange

• I know, she's totally a Kenny. I realised it when listening to Neptune, by Sleeping at Last... (it was almost painful). What I meant is that we spent the whole first game being her personal bodyguard and now we get to play as her while the bodyguard is nowhere to be seen.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I know you're talking about character role and advertising, but honestly, Chloe have a lot more in common with Kenny than Clementine. The

• edited June 2017

Now that I think about it, it does feel a little weird that Chloe is playing out Clementine's role by basically having her own game while her friend/guardian is not involved.

It's also a bit like if Kenny would end up having his own--ugh, no...just no. I'd rather play as Chloe, thank you.

I know, she's totally a Kenny. I realised it when listening to Neptune, by Sleeping at Last... (it was almost painful). What I meant is that

• ... Yeah, I don't know what DontNod is thinking about. They should have pulled a Javi and have Rachel be the PC. Chloe is good as NPC.

Now that I think about it, it does feel a little weird that Chloe is playing out Clementine's role by basically having her own game while he

• edited July 2017

I am highly skeptical, because I was absolutely crushed by the horrible last episode and the ending for the first game.
    The fact we are playing a game with predestined outcomes also kind of ruins it for me, and doesn't really make sense to me.

I can't get over how freaking awful the ending was, either ending makes no sense whatsoever, it's infuriating. Sci Fi and Drama for the sake of it, ruining the down to earth nature that was the real appeal of the game for cheap, innefective shock value.

• [removed]

• Maybe they're making Chloe the PC to have us experience how she had became a decent young teenager with a loving father into what she is now?

If Rachel Amber was the PC and the player, and considering how naturally wild she is, it might clash with the player's own morality and may make them less inclined to enable the two girl's bad habits.

The way I see it, I'm predicting that Rachel would be the one who had unwittingly lead Chloe down the drug-addled and anti-authority path that Chloe ends up taking after the death of her father.

... Yeah, I don't know what DontNod is thinking about. They should have pulled a Javi and have Rachel be the PC. Chloe is good as NPC.

• Yeah, I only wanted to see Rachel's time travel powers (I'm sure she has powers)

Maybe they're making Chloe the PC to have us experience how she had became a decent young teenager with a loving father into what she is now

Sign in to comment in this discussion.