The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I suppose you're right. It's a perfect example of why he's the best determinant.

Sparkeagle posted: »

That makes having him with you a small chance for people to see him redeem himself.

• edited June 2017

LoL I never understood people which cut is arm off !

DabigRG posted: »

Yep.

• Do you believe more people would have kept Conrad alive if he was voiced by Dave Fennoy?

When will ANF avatars be available in the Settings?

• What was Joan waiting for if she said she didn't let Javi take Clint's deal

• edited June 2017

Do you believe more people would have kept Conrad alive if he was voiced by Dave Fennoy?

That would've been an amazing case of Playing against Type(in this series at least), but I honestly couldn't tell you. After all, there are people who love Molly but hate Bonnie.

I think a better question is what if that was Kenny doing that?

When will ANF avatars be available in the Settings?

I hope we some soon. Wouldn't mind rockin an Ava, a Gabe, or a Max.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Do you believe more people would have kept Conrad alive if he was voiced by Dave Fennoy? When will ANF avatars be available in the Settings?

• edited June 2017

I think she was just trying to save face and pretend she's still in control, probably thinking at worst Javier will draw his gun but she'll be able to avoid getting hit and be justified in having all of them executed from the attempted regicide. Javier taking the deal, despite her taunts that they might eventually be killed by the herd, meant that they got to leave off her terms with the high ground.

Really, the whole arrangement with Eleanor's warning was basically Joan trying to hoist Javier by his petard by eliminating the competition by executing some of them and/or turning the citizens against them, maintaining control of Richmond with Clint by her side. Unfortunately for her, she didn't really think it all through and Clint ended up taking a stand by putting her in her place, which led to one of getting killed by the Garcia Bros., a riot breaking out that killed several of the citizens, and one of their soldiers causing Kate to blow a hole in the wall and allow the herd to invade.

What was Joan waiting for if she said she didn't let Javi take Clint's deal

• How do you explain Javier's perfect marksmanship? Ie. Conrad headshot, Joan headshot, Rufus, multiple walkers

• He's a professional baseball player, isn't he? Hitting homeruns requires great aim/trajectory and solid control of power, so I suppose being a pretty good shot isn't too much of a stretch given the smaller and simpler to use instrument.

How do you explain Javier's perfect marksmanship? Ie. Conrad headshot, Joan headshot, Rufus, multiple walkers

• He did say he doesn't shoot when David suggested go to a shooting range

He's a professional baseball player, isn't he? Hitting homeruns requires great aim/trajectory and solid control of power, so I suppose being a pretty good shot isn't too much of a stretch given the smaller and simpler to use instrument.

• I would've assumed she would just hang David, but her waiting for Javi's response meant she would have done something else aside from letting Clint get his way.

I think she was just trying to save face and pretend she's still in control, probably thinking at worst Javier will draw his gun but she'll

• Yeah.

I don't know, Joan's characterization in that episode is just weird.

I would've assumed she would just hang David, but her waiting for Javi's response meant she would have done something else aside from letting Clint get his way.

• ^ this

He did say he doesn't shoot when David suggested go to a shooting range

• Did Eleanor want to get with Javi?

How was she going to deal with the Kate situation? Was she hoping Kate would die or

• Given the conditions of the apocalypse in regards to hygiene, what character(s) do you think smell bad?

• edited June 2017

All of them, Chuck the most. Especially if you weren't living in a community.

Given the conditions of the apocalypse in regards to hygiene, what character(s) do you think smell bad?

• I believe everyone has abysmal hygiene, and we even saw it deteriorating in season 1 where Clem said her "hair smells...kind of :^(". The possibility of any showering is low, and I could only see people wearing deodorant occasionally (or other masks such as perfume or cologne). Other than that, people can change into cleaner corpses they may find in a house or on a corpse.

Given the conditions of the apocalypse in regards to hygiene, what character(s) do you think smell bad?

• Clem said her "hair smells...kind of :^(

Imagine how her hair must smell now. Both her hair and hat must smell awful by now.

My poor Clem...

Spodes posted: »

I believe everyone has abysmal hygiene, and we even saw it deteriorating in season 1 where Clem said her "hair smells...kind of :^(". The po

• so I suppose being a pretty good shot isn't too much of a stretch given the smaller and simpler to use instrument.

Believe me, shooting a gun very accurately consistently in tense situations is very difficult. Hell, most people will shoot center mass if it's a live person as it's the easiest target to fire at while shooting quickly. Javier has some pretty bullshit headshots that simply aren't realistic for his experience (nor would many people attempt them, as center mass will have a high chance of penetrating a vital organ, on a side note, Kate should've died from that first wound in the stomach in episode 1).

He's a professional baseball player, isn't he? Hitting homeruns requires great aim/trajectory and solid control of power, so I suppose being a pretty good shot isn't too much of a stretch given the smaller and simpler to use instrument.

• Main character syndrome

How do you explain Javier's perfect marksmanship? Ie. Conrad headshot, Joan headshot, Rufus, multiple walkers

• In the wellington ending what happens to Kenny? I assume he's dead obviously, but could he have survived. Because if he did they could make it that clementine in season four finding something of his signifying he's alive event though you won't see him. And for people who got the other endings make it something of Lily's as a callback.

• edited June 2017

Hopefully, the old dog got something along the lines of what I hoped he'd get in his flashback--some time to just chill out with his mission accomplished, find a nice little place to hang around, and eventually pass on from old age or whatever one night.

But yeah, he's hopefully dead.

FocUs2400 posted: »

In the wellington ending what happens to Kenny? I assume he's dead obviously, but could he have survived. Because if he did they could make

• edited June 2017

For starters, Jane no doubt smells like straight up shizz-nit given her habits. And given that she's apparently wearing eyeliner, she probably just sprays some deodorant over the shit and sperm instead of actually washing--a goddamn STI farm waiting to happen. And when a hick tells you to wash, you got problems.

Jolene might've been on her way down the same road given she's been sneaking around the woods and presumably been eating the St John's food, though her odor would be nowhere near Jane's level.

Chuck is a hobo, so of course he'd smell. Though it'd be hilarious if everyone else outdoes him in that department.

Katjaa also seems like she probably smells for obvious reasons, though Kenny himself might be worse naturally.

Larry's a 200 pound piledriving old man with a really short temper and a heart condition--yep.

Norma looks like garbage. I'll leave it at that before it gets too squicky.

Then there's the St. Johns--all of them. Though Danny's bound to be the worst.

And finally Nate and especially Nick both look like hygiene is the least of their concerns, in more ways than one.

• edited June 2017

Ah, don't you love that fuckin sexism: if two chicks are in the same group with a dude, one of them will the love interest and the other will be deemed jealous and/or bad at some point--it's Carley and Lilly all over again!

But in context, her playful bits of flirting with Javier was just that and she's visibly touched if he kisses Kate in the junkyard. So I think she doesn't mind.

Did Eleanor want to get with Javi? How was she going to deal with the Kate situation? Was she hoping Kate would die or

• Really? Clem's hair in season 3 looks like it came out of a salon...it's all puffy and clean from what I saw. In season 2, it looked more run down.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Clem said her "hair smells...kind of :^( Imagine how her hair must smell now. Both her hair and hat must smell awful by now. My poor Clem...

• edited June 2017

Okay, so I just got got myself worked into a fit of anger and frustration, so I'll ask it here along with another little nitpick I may or may not have mentioned before:

In Above the Law, during the Go to David's House ending, why wasn't there an option to tell Gabe he's in charge of looking after Kate in case something goes wrong, given that it's the ending where you side with him and all?

In Thicker than Water, as an example of the Fridge Logic that can be levied up during that fucking bi-dimensional scene in Eleanor's apartment, why can't I, as Gabe's uncle who's been spending time with him during the episode and teaching him a few things, stand up to Tripp on his behalf and be supportive of his determination or at least state that I'll make sure nothing happens to him so that the plan goes off without a hitch?

• edited June 2017

Also, didn't a list of choices for Thicker Than Water leak a week before the episode came out? Does anyone know how to find it?

Is this what you're looking for? These are for From The Gallows though. I didn't know about leaks for Thicker Than Water.

the choices

I just thought about this: If Eleanor was given her apartment by the Council and Lingard said Joan was on the lookout for them, then why did

• Uh, I don't remember saying that. I guess that the walker blood is bad because of the whole "dead and sick" shit. I'm not a doctor so I have no idea how deadly "dead ans sick" shit is.

This might be directed more at comic fans like @Deltino or @RavenSnowStorm, but anyone can answer: If I recall correctly, didn't one of yo

• edited June 2017

Yeah, there was a similar leak for that too which listed the choice with Baseball Kid as a major one, humorously enough.

Though I believe that may or may not have been to hide the Ava or Tripp choice, which I don't recall seeing.

I actually joked that she'd return either towards the end of the episode or in the finale to kidnap Gabe as revenge for what Javier did regarding the autograph.

Also, didn't a list of choices for Thicker Than Water leak a week before the episode came out? Does anyone know how to find it? Is t

• Sexism? Lmfao it doesn't matter what gender, I would think these things about anybody who behaved like Eleanor did.

• Betrays her community and friend just to let some stranger out of jail
    • Constantly downplaying and ignoring her old lover in favor of giving the new guy attention
    • Is quick to say that Kate will die
    • Purposefully drives over potholes to quicken Kate's demise (kidding)

Ah, don't you love that fuckin sexism: if two chicks are in the same group with a dude, one of them will the love interest and the other wil

• Hygiene aside, Bonnie always looked like she would have a weird smell

• He probably decided to go to Florida to meet new folks, just like in the Kenny flashbacks. Only difference is that he probably made it since Clem isn't there to crash the car :(

FocUs2400 posted: »

In the wellington ending what happens to Kenny? I assume he's dead obviously, but could he have survived. Because if he did they could make

• I looked for the leaked choices for Episode 4, but couldn't find them. I also checked Dont_Look_Back's Twitter since she posted the spoilers for From The Gallows and the result was... nothing. :(

I actually joked that she'd return either towards the end of the episode or in the finale to kidnap Gabe as revenge for what Javier did regarding the autograph.

That... would have been awesome. :D

Yeah, there was a similar leak for that too which listed the choice with Baseball Kid as a major one, humorously enough. Though I believe

• True. Not sure what she was using exactly, but she's bound to have traces of it flowing out of her on occassion.

Hygiene aside, Bonnie always looked like she would have a weird smell

• I know, it just one of the concerns I had about her portrayal due to how frequent(and annoying) this type of shit was.

But of course, she just had to be made out as a turncoat before the story was over--no matter how tacked on it feels. You know, I'm usually on the lookout for subtler aspects of characters(hence my love for Kate early on) but even I was just like "What the fuck?! Where did this come from?!".

Sexism? Lmfao it doesn't matter what gender, I would think these things about anybody who behaved like Eleanor did. * Betrays her commu

• Oh, okay. Maybe I'll PM him(her?) and ask if she remembers that.

That... would have been awesome. :D

Well it was such a random and seemingly innocuous choice for that list that I assumed it'd become relevant later in the story.

Plus, I had this recurring idea about Gabe either fighting one of the villains head on(Originally Ava perhaps alongside Clementine, later Joan after Thicker than Water) or getting overpowered by one for whatever reason.

I looked for the leaked choices for Episode 4, but couldn't find them. I also checked Dont_Look_Back's Twitter since she posted the spoilers

• Seems like heroin, since she's sensitive about scars on her arms (ie. Track marks)

True. Not sure what she was using exactly, but she's bound to have traces of it flowing out of her on occassion.

• I thought that was a reference to getting shot by Roman?

Seems like heroin, since she's sensitive about scars on her arms (ie. Track marks)

• edited June 2017

Okay, serious question here because of the sheer magnitude of a WTF moment I was having a while back: Is this paraphrased line very determinate or something?
    "God knows they all deserve a break."

• Hmm no because she was shot in the shoulder. I'm 99.9% sure that Bonnie was referencing track marks on her arms from shooting up junk.

I thought that was a reference to getting shot by Roman?

• Why did Gabe choose not to speak to a dying David in the ending where Javi goes after them alond?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.