Why No PS3?

What's with the new season not being on PS3? I need to know.

Comments

• Around the release of Batman last year, Telltale updated their engine to support higher end graphics, and the engine did not perform as well on PS3/Xbox 360 as it did on modern consoles such as PS4/Xbox One. Telltale uses the same engine across all of their titles, so all games Telltale has made since Batman share the same updated features. Even though Minecraft: Story Mode does not have the same higher-end graphics as other titles like Batman, Story Mode Season 2 still uses the same updated engine, and so the updated engine might still not support PS3/Xbox 360 as well as the engine did during Season 1.

[Moderators are only community volunteers. We are not Telltale staff members. This post is just my own personal speculation.]

• Maybe you need to take a closer look at the end of the trailer:
    This Doesn't Make Sense
    What's the explanation for this?

Around the release of Batman last year, Telltale updated their engine to support higher end graphics, and the engine did not perform as well

• Hmm, interesting. Honestly, suits me as to why they are only releasing on 360 but not PS3 then.

Maybe you need to take a closer look at the end of the trailer: What's the explanation for this?

• edited July 2017

Perhaps it might have something to do with Microsoft owning the rights to Minecraft and perhaps Telltale's contract with them requires a release on the 360? Although I'm not sure about the issues the 360 has had with newer games, I do know that since late 2014, the PS3 had been experiencing allot of problems with TTG's games.

Hmm, interesting. Honestly, suits me as to why they are only releasing on 360 but not PS3 then.

• It's such a shame. It's gonna be awhile before I can play it...

• Well... is there a way I can move my Minecraft Story mode from PS3 to PS4 without buying anything? If I do have to buy something I don't even care just tell me what to do. :/

• edited July 2017

Hello.
    No, you can't, You have to buy It on your ps 4 to play on it, but you can move your saves with the cloud saving to the ps4 for season 2.

Well... is there a way I can move my Minecraft Story mode from PS3 to PS4 without buying anything? If I do have to buy something I don't even care just tell me what to do.

• If you sign into your telltale account in season 1 and turn on cloud saving you should be able to find the same cloud save on PS4 when you sign into your telltale account.

Well... is there a way I can move my Minecraft Story mode from PS3 to PS4 without buying anything? If I do have to buy something I don't even care just tell me what to do.

• Mh.

The only platforms that have cloud saving are PC and mobile.

Maybe with an update releasing on july 11th they'll add it to consoles

Creeper1846 posted: »

If you sign into your telltale account in season 1 and turn on cloud saving you should be able to find the same cloud save on PS4 when you sign into your telltale account.

• There’s cloud savings on consoles. I play telltales Guardians of the Galaxy and walking dead on Xbox one abd they let me cloud save.

Mh. The only platforms that have cloud saving are PC and mobile. Maybe with an update releasing on july 11th they'll add it to consoles

• But not in Minecraft Story Mode

There’s cloud savings on consoles. I play telltales Guardians of the Galaxy and walking dead on Xbox one abd they let me cloud save.

• Can you tell me how to do that?

ali1382 posted: »

Hello. No, you can't, You have to buy It on your ps 4 to play on it, but you can move your saves with the cloud saving to the ps4 for season 2.

• Oh ok I should have checked before I said something.

But not in Minecraft Story Mode

• Hehe ;)

Oh ok I should have checked before I said something.

• I'm only have PS3 too buddy, i'm a little disappointed, because i'll have to buy the game again in its version for PS4 :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.