The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• The real question is, why are the Garcias referred as "Cuban-Americans" in TWD Wiki, when there's absolutely nothing to prove that they originate from Cuba?

Why aren't they just called "Hispanic-Americans"? Why out of all the Hispanic countries do they have to be Cuban?

(Nothing against Cubans of course, but I just think it's dumb)

Melton23 posted: »

I know the wiki is not the most reliable source but why the hell does it say that Kate is Caucasian but she uses Spanish words like muertos and nails the accent perfectly and all that? I always thought she was Cuban-American like the rest

• I think the developers confirmed it when that first look trailer came out when javier had the brand, but I'm not sure.

Findagon posted: »

The real question is, why are the Garcias referred as "Cuban-Americans" in TWD Wiki, when there's absolutely nothing to prove that they orig

• That sends me mixed messages.

Oh yeah I got that dialogue scene. I never really took it as them going to th same school, though maybe it's just me but it would be cool if they were, and David met Kate through javier.

• Javier met Kate only through David. It's confirmed by Javier's dialogue in Episode 3.

It's a possible dialogue choice when Javier and the rest are in the quarantine.

Oh yeah I got that dialogue scene. I never really took it as them going to th same school, though maybe it's just me but it would be cool if they were, and David met Kate through javier.

• edited July 2017

Ah, so a Ben-Bev-Bill situation.

Wait, so she is older than Javier then?

Javier met Kate only through David. It's confirmed by Javier's dialogue in Episode 3. It's a possible dialogue choice when Javier and the rest are in the quarantine.

• edited July 2017

Not really sure how reliable this is, but Kate's age in Road To Survival is referred to be late 20's, while Javier's age is referred to be mid 20's. But I recall, I have no idea if the characters' ages in RTS are legit/canon or not.

So I'm just going to say yes, Kate is most likely older than Javi.

DabigRG posted: »

Ah, so a Ben-Bev-Bill situation. Wait, so she is older than Javier then?

• edited July 2017

Can I see a video please? I restarted the series 2 days ago and I'm only on s2E4 and I cba'd waiting to look for it myself.

Javier met Kate only through David. It's confirmed by Javier's dialogue in Episode 3. It's a possible dialogue choice when Javier and the rest are in the quarantine.

• Okay, thanks! Any other interesting tidbits in that regard?

Not really sure how reliable this is, but Kate's age in Road To Survival is referred to be late 20's, while Javier's age is referred to be m

• Here. At 16:39. I tried to put a timestamp on it so you wouldn't have to manually skip to it, but YouTube wouldn't let me. So enjoy the full video :P

Can I see a video please? I restarted the series 2 days ago and I'm only on s2E4 and I cba'd waiting to look for it myself.

• I smell a recton!

Here. At 16:39. I tried to put a timestamp on it so you wouldn't have to manually skip to it, but YouTube wouldn't let me. So enjoy the full video :P

• edited July 2017

Thanks for that :) but we still don't know the first think about David's first wife (possibly Grace if she was replaced by Kate instead of being the beta version of Kate) I think telltale should bring back javier for season 4 so we can find out more.

Here. At 16:39. I tried to put a timestamp on it so you wouldn't have to manually skip to it, but YouTube wouldn't let me. So enjoy the full video :P

• Inthink telltale should bring back kate for season 4 so we can find out more.

Agreed.

Thanks for that but we still don't know the first think about David's first wife (possibly Grace if she was replaced by Kate instead of being the beta version of Kate) I think telltale should bring back javier for season 4 so we can find out more.

• edited July 2017

Not going to lie but I was very excited to finding out what story she used to tell Mariana until that badger asshole thought it was a good idea to shoot her. We still don't know if she died or just got a divorce or something. Most likely dead though, and if she did die we need to know how.

Inthink telltale should bring back kate for season 4 so we can find out more. Agreed.

• Oh, you meant David's first wife! My bad!

Well, they may have fucked themselves considering they made Gabe determinant at the last minute for no reason.

Not going to lie but I was very excited to finding out what story she used to tell Mariana until that badger asshole thought it was a good i

• What do you mean? :/

Oh, you meant David's first wife! My bad! Well, they may have fucked themselves considering they made Gabe determinant at the last minute for no reason.

• edited July 2017

I can't think of anything else.

I might do a post on the details thread later on about some age related theories/facts about characters in ANF though, but I still need more ground/evidence for them.

Okay, thanks! Any other interesting tidbits in that regard?

• You said it yourself, the wiki is garbage

I know the wiki is not the most reliable source but why the hell does it say that Kate is Caucasian but she uses Spanish words like muertos and nails the accent perfectly and all that? I always thought she was Cuban-American like the rest

• How do you get that dialogue? Video?

In Thicker than Water, when they're in the truck waiting for Ava to check in. Something about Javi getting hard and trying to hide it behind a textbook was a point of reference.

• I was just looking at some playthroughs of season 1 and was surprised when Lilly didn't rat out on Lee about his murder, then I found out its because Lee can tell her about his past. Does Lilly still rat you out the same way if she was the only one Lee trusted to tell or does Kenny's knowledge of the situation determines her response.

• Okay, thanks!

I can't think of anything else. I might do a post on the details thread later on about some age related theories/facts about characters in ANF though, but I still need more ground/evidence for them.

• The determinate character curse, dude. Mariana's mom was Gabe's mom and now the only other person who can tell us about her is 25% determinate.

What do you mean?

• Lilly ratted me out but little did she know I told the whole group :3 I think she does it either way, and knows either way.

Sparkeagle posted: »

I was just looking at some playthroughs of season 1 and was surprised when Lilly didn't rat out on Lee about his murder, then I found out it

• Well David is alive for me :3 you'd think javier would know quite a bit about her. And he's 100% alive.

The determinate character curse, dude. Mariana's mom was Gabe's mom and now the only other person who can tell us about her is 25% determinate.

• David is 75% determinant. And Javier thought Gabe used to play chess, so I very much doubt he knows much.

Well David is alive for me you'd think javier would know quite a bit about her. And he's 100% alive.

• edited July 2017

Well chess and checkers do kinda look the same. And the rules are sorta similar so I probably would have messed up with that one too. Besides, relationships and boredgames/hobbies are two different things.

David is 75% determinant. And Javier thought Gabe used to play chess, so I very much doubt he knows much.

• Tee obvious implication there is that he saw Gabe sleeping next to the checkers board that night and just assumed he was playing chess in his memories, further hammering in David's point that Javier barely spent any time with the family, much less all Gabe.

Well chess and checkers do kinda look the same. And the rules are sorta similar so I probably would have messed up with that one too. Besides, relationships and boredgames/hobbies are two different things.

• Yeah but a checkers bored looks exactly like a chess bored but with different pieces. Besides that was 4 years ago. He should get uncle of the year award for even remembering he played a similar game after 4 years had passed and living in the apocalypse.

Tee obvious implication there is that he saw Gabe sleeping next to the checkers board that night and just assumed he was playing chess in hi

• I guess.

Yeah but a checkers bored looks exactly like a chess bored but with different pieces. Besides that was 4 years ago. He should get uncle of t

• You know
    enter image description here

I guess.

• edited July 2017

Because ​I heard dialogue of her saying along the lines of "You've killed before and I forgave you" and then she says to Kenny "You've killed before and I'll forgive you" in which Kenny says Bullshit

Lilly ratted me out but little did she know I told the whole group I think she does it either way, and knows either way.

• edited July 2017

I think this is my first double post

Lilly ratted me out but little did she know I told the whole group I think she does it either way, and knows either way.

• That's the one I got, and on my evil play through she told kenny and kenny got angry with me

Because ​I heard dialogue of her saying along the lines of "You've killed before and I forgave you" and then she says to Kenny "You've killed before and I'll forgive you" in which Kenny says Bullshit

• Is it assumed dying David tells Gabe similar words he did to Javi when you find Clem bringing Gabe back in the Kate and Gabe alive ending? Since Gabe is told to take of eachother​ unless he told him that before. I wonder if he also did the Te Quiero speech before dying

• Idk, maybe.

Is it assumed dying David tells Gabe similar words he did to Javi when you find Clem bringing Gabe back in the Kate and Gabe alive ending? S

• Can someone send me a link to the Forrest Gump Kenny meme where it says "Kenny fans: we'll follow you to the end"

• [removed]

Can someone send me a link to the Forrest Gump Kenny meme where it says "Kenny fans: we'll follow you to the end"

• Kenny and Luke were Pizza and Ice Cream: who was which? And what does that make Jane?

For that matter, how would a similar term be applied to ANF?

• Why the fuck did you just call me an asshole? I have been looking for it you fucking shithead that's why im here asking for help.

• [removed]

Kenny and Luke were Pizza and Ice Cream: who was which? And what does that make Jane? For that matter, how would a similar term be applied to ANF?

• [removed]

Yeah, much like Jane, I honestly can't tell what the fuck she's supposed to be. I know it's either some form of Hispanic or Caucasian but I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.