The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I have the answer to how Walt discovered the knife as well.

1. First he is outside having a nice talk with Clem
    2. Kenny comes out needing to "talk to Walt", tells Clem to go to bed
    3. Clem goes inside, knife is missing, Walt is standing outside with it moments later

Solution? Kenny found the knife and subtlely brought it to Walt's attention before confronting anyone else about it. Walt and Kenny both inferred it was Nick due to his words during dinner.

Louche posted: »

Alright, seriously. I've never seen anyone ask this question. How did Larry recognize Lee as a killer? He didn't seem to know him when they

• Absolutely. Life on the water would harrowing and intense, every ship you see would be nervewracking and uncertain. A pirate battle would be sublime.

Clemenem posted: »

Would you like to see a group of pirates in the game (not counting Monroe)?

• Wait how do you offer a ration to Larry after the St Johns show up? Something is off

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, turns out they do: However, play your cards right, and at one point in Episode Two, if you offer a ration to Larry - after you'v

• pirates

enter image description here

Clemenem posted: »

Would you like to see a group of pirates in the game (not counting Monroe)?

• edited July 2017

Yeah, that actually makes perfect sense. Too bad they didn't think to implement it into the next episode--or maybe they did and it was one of the many things to get cut!

Though I have something of a hard time believing Kenny could do something like that very subtly.

I have the answer to how Walt discovered the knife as well. * First he is outside having a nice talk with Clem * Kenny comes out needi

• I think they're saying it requires having given him a ration.

DennisK22 posted: »

Wait how do you offer a ration to Larry after the St Johns show up? Something is off

• Subtle might have been the wrong word choice. If you rewatch the scene with this in mind, it is very obvious that Kenny is there to tell Walt some bad news that he doesn't want Clem to hear. The first playthrough many people's minds are preoccupied so they didn't think much of it.

But yeah, I wish Kenny had commented on Matthew and Nick. Even a "hey asshole I know you killed Matthew" during the ep3 intro would have sufficed.

Yeah, that actually makes perfect sense. Too bad they didn't think to implement it into the next episode--or maybe they did and it was one o

• edited July 2017

Will you play the new TWD installments (Which won't be about Clementine, obviously) after The Final Season?

• It depends on what it's about and who the characters are. I wouldn't mind another mini-series, but if it's anything like New Frontier, I won't play it.

AronDracula posted: »

Will you play the new TWD installments (Which won't be about Clementine, obviously) after The Final Season?

• Probably, I greatly enjoyed 400 days and I think I would enjoy seasons without Clem and it only needs good characters and stories.

• I thought they weren't making anymore period.

• They said Clementine's story will end, not TWD itself.

I thought they weren't making anymore period.

• Does Javi use the same gun all season?

Is the gun he uses to kill Rufus the same gun that he kills Conrad With? And Joan? And that he hands Gabe to put down David?

• Unlikely, as I don't think he would've gotten the same gun back after Joan had him arrested.

Come to think of it, when did he get his/another bat?

Does Javi use the same gun all season? Is the gun he uses to kill Rufus the same gun that he kills Conrad With? And Joan? And that he hands Gabe to put down David?

• It's possible that, like his bat, he retrieved the same weapon from the armory after escaping from quarantine

Unlikely, as I don't think he would've gotten the same gun back after Joan had him arrested. Come to think of it, when did he get his/another bat?

• Hm, maybe.

It's possible that, like his bat, he retrieved the same weapon from the armory after escaping from quarantine

• edited July 2017

It's been a while since we had...

Repeats(with some specials)

What are the age ranges by decades(00,10,20,etc.)?

From @BC_Guy: When Kate suggests that you should apologize to Eleanor for her betrayal, what happens if you stay silent?

Do you think the writers of ANF were overly concerned about focusing on certain things because they felt they were too obvious? For context, I mean that there are certain plotlines and character interactions that you'd think they put a fair amount of focus and effort into to tell an engaging story, but for one reason or another, they sped through the ones they didn't drop altogether.(Ex. Vengeful Conrad, Clementine and Gabe's actual relationship(outside of shipteasing, I mean), Tripp's presumable experience helping the group, Eleanor and Clementine's dynamic, etc.)

From @Sparkeagle: Did Salvador and Hector fight? Were they distant since Salvador didn't want another him when he had sons and asked them to be brothers before its too late

For comic fans, were any of the settlements named in Above the Law (including unused dialogue) supposed to be completely destroyed or was Prescott truly the only one as suggested by the involvement of Badger?

• edited July 2017

Repeats

Do toilets still work in the apocalypse?

From @AronDracula: Do you think this game was secretly directed by Michael Bay?

From @ RavenSnowstorm: What songs would you put at the credits of the episodes? (OP suggestion: Didn't someone make a thread of this?)

For modelswappers and gamedelvers, do you think that Vitali was originally supposed to be [re-]named Buricko?

From @IronWoodLover: How do weekly threads to discuss each character's most controversial actions/topics sound like?
    For example, for week #1 we would discuss three controversial topics about Lee: whether he sacrificed himself for Clem (as many seem to paint it has) or if he just happen to be dying while "saving" her from the Stranger; whether Lee was doing a good work at educating and preparing Clem to deal with that world before Chuck intervened, and what would she have become had he not; and finally, whether we think Lee's story had a good ending or whether they could've done more with his character. This as an example to what we would discuss on those threads.
    A week after that we would discuss, for example, Carley, the week after, Doug, then Larry, Lilly, Katjaa, Duck... then S2 characters like Kenny, Jane, Arvo, Carver... until finally ANF characters like David, Kate, Javier, Clem, AJ, etc. each with their own topics, obviously.

• Repeat

What exactly were David's crimes that Joan intended to expose him for? Particularly if you accepted Max's deal.

Are the Walking Dead comics actually good? Are they supposed to be insane/dumb or are they meant to be taken seriously?

Though this might become dated, which Diamond would the Richmond Council Members be?

From @RavenSnowstorm: What would each character's Dæmon be?
    (A Dæmon, for those who don't know, is the representation on one's soul in Lyra's World, in the book series "His Dark Materials" [also known as The Golden Compass]. It has physical existence and animal shape that settles around 12 years old. Before that age, fue Dæmon can turn into any animal. They can talk and have human consciousness, and touching other person's Dæmon is considered taboo. They're literally a persons soul. Similar to spirit animals. For example, I think David's Dæmon would be a wolf. Just like Dogs tend to be the Dæmon of servants, and a soldier is practically that, but way more violent. Wolves are pack animals, loyal to their cause, just like soldiers, and just like David stayed loyal to his family and is horrifyed with Javier and Kate's betrayal.)
    I know this is so fucking random(From OP: A little, but that's the fun of this thread! :lol:)

Maybe this should be it's own thread but: Now that ANF is over, what exactly did everyone not like about Ties that Bind in particular?

• Repeats

If the infection and the turning process is based on the brain, doesn't the brain technically rot as well? Doesn't that mean the walkers will just cut off after an extended period of time?

From @VengefulKenny: Apparently Telltale said that Lingard is gay. Lingard also wanted to die once he thought David was doomed. Is it possible they had a thing?

From @MRSHYGUY45: Anyone else feel like the "Gabe has a crush on you" dialogue option sounded forced, especially when Javi says "You both have my blessing"? You would think we can choose whether or not she has our blessing.

Challenge: Does anyone know all of the dialogue colors for each characters?

Much like my Luke: Civil War question, if From the Gallows had been more of an Iron Man vs. [Ms] Captain Marvel type of deal, who do you think would choose to be on his Team or Kenny's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

• edited July 2017

Who do you think is the darkest, most evil person in The Walking Dead Franchise? (Comics, Games, and TV)

I say comic book Governor was the worst of the worst.

• St. Johns, easy.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Who do you think is the darkest, most evil person in The Walking Dead Franchise? (Comics, Games, and TV) I say comic book Governor was the worst of the worst.

• You think so? To me, I think the cannibals From Terminus were far worse.

St. Johns, easy.

• edited July 2017

St. Johns were also cannibal rapists. At least Danny was. Also they were just way more creepy, the show can hardly do anything right.

You think so? To me, I think the cannibals From Terminus were far worse.

• Gamewise, Oberson Crawford. Carver would've been my first choice, but Mr. Ainsworth/Breckon clearly intended for him to be a Gray Villain, even if he wasn't with or without Shorette's input. Oberson, from what little we learn of him, left a trail of [un]death, corruption, and most importantly, paranoia in his wake that no other antagonist has matched. The sick, the weak, and pretty much anyone too young or old to fit his standards were purged and it is this rule that is ultimately responsible for the motivations and actions of Molly, Dr. Logan, Anna Corea, Vernon, and the Cancer Group.

Who do you think is the darkest, most evil person in The Walking Dead Franchise? (Comics, Games, and TV) I say comic book Governor was the worst of the worst.

• That's true. St Johns are up there, but I think Randall might be a little crazier than them, honestly.

St. Johns were also cannibal rapists. At least Danny was. Also they were just way more creepy, the show can hardly do anything right.

• I forget Oberson is even a character because he's very rarely mentioned in S1.

Gamewise, Oberson Crawford. Carver would've been my first choice, but Mr. Ainsworth/Breckon clearly intended for him to be a Gray Villain, e

• Pretty sure he wasn't a [actual] rapist, dude. A creep, definitely. But I somehow doubt he actually did that under Andy and Brenda's supervision.

• Mm, fair enough. At the very least, Dr. Logan mentions him in at least one of the tapes, so there's that. I forget if the cursor reveals his name when his walker grabs Ben in the clocktower.

Also, he's a playable character in that Road to Survival game, for some reason.

I forget Oberson is even a character because he's very rarely mentioned in S1.

• edited July 2017

Game files show he was a pedophile, as he was interested in Clem and keeping her. So worse than a rapist.

Also the Johns didn't let him keep Clem not because "hey youre a pedo and thats fucked" but because clem doesnt have a lot of meat on her bones.

Comeon, they're cannibals, you really think they have high moral standards?

Pretty sure he wasn't a [actual] rapist, dude. A creep, definitely. But I somehow doubt he actually did that under Andy and Brenda's supervision.

• I don't think Randy would willingly eat Human flesh or be interested in little girls...

Randy is batshit crazy, st.johns are fucked crazy.

That's true. St Johns are up there, but I think Randall might be a little crazier than them, honestly.

• edited July 2017

...Yes? They're mutilating and eventually killing for food, after all. And occasionally, in self-defense.

Also, the term you're looking for is child molester. Which Danny hopefully wasn't and/or didn't get to be.

Game files show he was a pedophile, as he was interested in Clem and keeping her. So worse than a rapist. Also the Johns didn't let him k

• Lol they had plenty of food on hand at the time. Had they been starving with absolutely nothing to eat, then it might have been justifiable to eat the already dying human. And what they did to Mark wasn't self defense.

Game files suggested he already did it, have you heard them??? There are a lot, this is one example.

5:40

Also there was a different line to Danny that said something along the lines of "you cant have the kid THIS TIME" hinting that it happened before.

...Yes? They're mutilating and eventually killing for food, after all. And occasionally, in self-defense. Also, the term you're looking for is child molester. Which Danny hopefully wasn't and/or didn't get to be.

• I'm pretty sure the reason they turned to cannibalism was because they were getting low on cows and the bandits started harassing them for food. And Mark was unfortunately on the menu. Poor guy.

I have and the implication I got was that he was attracted to them(ew), not that he actually did anything thankfully.

Not sure about that second line, though. That's fucked up if it's true, though.

Lol they had plenty of food on hand at the time. Had they been starving with absolutely nothing to eat, then it might have been justifiable

• There is also a line in that video by Brenda which says "sometimes I forget how much we have" referring to their abundant abundant of food. Trust me, they had plenty. Also, they were not feeding the bandits, meaning they had more food for themselves.

Yeah, forgot exactly where I saw it, probably on one of the thousand threads on this website. Might have been on a vacaroo if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure the reason they turned to cannibalism was because they were getting low on cows and the bandits started harassing them for f

• Not sure what she was supposed referencing there, tbh. It may have been unused for a reason--aside from the VA switch, of course.

There is also a line in that video by Brenda which says "sometimes I forget how much we have" referring to their abundant abundant of food.

• Do toilets still work in the apocalypse?

Definitely not. Only places that have a source of water like maybe Richmond and Prescott.

Repeats Do toilets still work in the apocalypse? From @AronDracula: Do you think this game was secretly directed by Michael Bay? Fr

• Anyone else feel like the "Gabe has a crush on you" dialogue option sounded forced, especially when Javi says "You both have my blessing"? You would think we can choose whether or not she has our blessing.

The reason Javi automatically gave his blessing in this situation is probably because that was the most pro-Gabentine dialogue option. Like i was still iffy about Gabentine and went out of my way to not say it.

Repeats If the infection and the turning process is based on the brain, doesn't the brain technically rot as well? Doesn't that mean the

• Soooo Clementine totally walked past Conrad's body during the finale credits scene if you shot him in the train tunnels, right?

• When Kate suggests that you should apologize to Eleanor for her betrayal, what happens if you stay silent?

Kate says: She fucked up. Everybody does. [turns to Eleanor] What you do afterwards is what really matters.

Do you think the writers of ANF were overly concerned about focusing on certain things because they felt they were too obvious?

Yes, I do. Probably that's why there are so many rewrites and scrapped content. Like you said, there are so many interesting plotlines and character interactions that would have made the story engaging. Instead, we focus on David...

Did Salvador and Hector fight? Were they distant since Salvador didn't want another him when he had sons and asked them to be brothers before its too late

I wonder about this. David and Javier seem to have the traits from his father which he considered his worst: Hot-headed idiot with his heart in the right place[David]; foolhardy handsome gambler[Javier]. That's why he wanted daughters. But what Sparkeagle suggests is possible.

For comic fans, were any of the settlements named in Above the Law (including unused dialogue) supposed to be completely destroyed or was Prescott truly the only one as suggested by the involvement of Badger?

The Kingdom(the community Paul/Jesus mentioned) is in perfect shape, I don't know about the rest(since he didn't mention any others).

It's been a while since we had... Repeats(with some specials) What are the age ranges by decades(00,10,20,etc.)? From @BC_Guy: When

Sign in to comment in this discussion.