The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Apparently Telltale said that Lingard is gay. Lingard also wanted to die once he thought David was doomed. Is it possible they had a thing?

WHAAT??? I don't think Telltale said that! Dr. Lingard had a family. His reaction to Joan saying they lost lovers and children makes this obvious. Him and David are close friends.

DabigRG posted: »

Repeats If the infection and the turning process is based on the brain, doesn't the brain technically rot as well? Doesn't that mean the

• Are the Walking Dead comics actually good?

Yes. I would recommend them and not the show. Also, the comics and the games are in the same universe, meaning VideoGame!Michonne is Comic!Michonne.

Repeat What exactly were David's crimes that Joan intended to expose him for? Particularly if you accepted Max's deal. Are the Walking

• The hunters were cannibals too and they ate their own children o_O

St. Johns were also cannibal rapists. At least Danny was. Also they were just way more creepy, the show can hardly do anything right.

• edited August 2017
    • The hunters from comic (cannibals who ate their own kids)
    • Comic Governor (rapist, sadist, pedophile, necrophiliac)
    • Danny St. John (pedophile cannibal, his brother was more human)
    • Randall (sadist and child murderer)
    • Oberson Crawford (mass child murder)

Basically everyone has to do fucked up shit to survive, but if you stoop to rape or child shit you're less than a walker and should be treated as such.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Who do you think is the darkest, most evil person in The Walking Dead Franchise? (Comics, Games, and TV) I say comic book Governor was the worst of the worst.

• Maybe? Idk, I barely payed attention to the credits this time around since I didn't have the best taste in my mouth.

Soooo Clementine totally walked past Conrad's body during the finale credits scene if you shot him in the train tunnels, right?

• Kate says: She fucked up. Everybody does. [turns to Eleanor] What you do afterwards is what really matters.

Agreed.
    Thanks.

Yes, I do. Probably that's why there are so many rewrites and scrapped content. Like you said, there are so many interesting plotlines and character interactions that would have made the story engaging. Instead, we focus on David...

Yup.

I wonder about this. David and Javier seem to have the traits from his father which he considered his worst: Hot-headed idiot with his heart in the right place[David]; foolhardy handsome gambler[Javier]. That's why he wanted daughters. But what Sparkeagle suggests is possible.

I honestly didn't think about that myself, but it would make sense...until you remember that Hector was originally supposed to be Mariana's dad and Javier's stepbrother. :neutral:

The Kingdom(the community Paul/Jesus mentioned) is in perfect shape, I don't know about the rest(since he didn't mention any others).

It's in the unused lines. I'm trying to find the exact line right now, but hopefully it's in this video.

Fangirl101 posted: »

When Kate suggests that you should apologize to Eleanor for her betrayal, what happens if you stay silent? Kate says: She fucked up.

• edited August 2017

When Kate suggests that you should apologize to Eleanor for her betrayal, what happens if you stay silent? Kate says: She fucked up.

• edited August 2017

• Yeah, I'm not sure where got that from either, but I thought it was worth posting again in case something got changed.

Apparently Telltale said that Lingard is gay. Lingard also wanted to die once he thought David was doomed. Is it possible they had a thing?

• It shows Clem emerging from the tunnel that the group traveled through in episode 2, where Conrad was determinately shot

Maybe? Idk, I barely payed attention to the credits this time around since I didn't have the best taste in my mouth.

• K. So yeah, maybe.

It shows Clem emerging from the tunnel that the group traveled through in episode 2, where Conrad was determinately shot

• edited August 2017

Randy is batshit crazy,

Does Randy look batshit crazy to you?

enter image description here

He looks innocent af to me.

I don't think Randy would willingly eat Human flesh or be interested in little girls... Randy is batshit crazy, st.johns are fucked crazy.

• if you stoop to child shit you're less than a walker

:joy:

* The hunters from comic (cannibals who ate their own kids) * Comic Governor (rapist, sadist, pedophile, necrophiliac) * Danny St. John (p

• Anyone else think Javier will be a terrible leader for Richmond?

• Would David expect Javi to kill him since "Believe him, he would" kill his own brother?

• As someone who grew to like Arvo and always considered him a wasted character, does the comis and TV show ever showcase the status of the Eurasian areas?

• Not sure where that quote comes from. Context?

Sparkeagle posted: »

Would David expect Javi to kill him since "Believe him, he would" kill his own brother?

• Kirkman is too afraid to explore any areas outside of the east coast of the US.

As someone who grew to like Arvo and always considered him a wasted character, does the comis and TV show ever showcase the status of the Eurasian areas?

• Hmm...good to know.

Kirkman is too afraid to explore any areas outside of the east coast of the US.

• I don't. What makes you think that?

Anyone else think Javier will be a terrible leader for Richmond?

• Well he kept his entire family safe for 4 years (hector doesn't count because that was on the first day while everybody was there and didn't know about walkers) so I don't see why he can't keep Richmond going either. He also seems capable, I can't really find anything in him that will make him a bad leader, apart from his past but that is behind him now.

• What is that thing on Clem's left wrist in S3?

• edited August 2017

I agree. He doesn't show any leadership qualities nor does he seem to have any presence. What happens if someone steps out of line? How is he going to control the masses? Not even David could hold authority over his own soldiers. I highly doubt everyone who is still alive in Richmond is accepting of Javier taking up that role, especially since some of them have lost children because of the incident (though that's more on Kate/David than Javier himself but people will blame him regardless because of his involvement).

Look at Carver. He was a horrible man but the prime definition of an alpha leader. He kept people in line and struck fear into those who tried to go against him. I can't see Javier doing that to anyone so people are naturally going to take advantage of him. Either he has to be really authoritarian or he'll be dead within a few months when people realise he's easy to manipulate.

• edited August 2017

There's a difference between keeping your family safe and keeping a whole city safe. He could hardly control David and his temper and not to mention he has no leadership skills.

Like what @Graysonn said, not even David had control over his own soldiers, and he had military experience. I doubt Richmond will even accept Javi as their leader because they blamed him for everything that happened.

Javier is too nice to be leader anyway. Someone will eventually take advantage of that. Also, I doubt he'll be able to keep Richmond alive during Winter. even Joan and Clint, who had years of leadership experience AND raided other communities, barely kept Richmond alive. So how can Javier make them survive through winter if he gave back all the supplies necessary to survive back to the communities that were raided?

Melton23 posted: »

Well he kept his entire family safe for 4 years (hector doesn't count because that was on the first day while everybody was there and didn't

• I turned down the leadership offer immediately because of all the bad blood between my Javi and Richmond. I would always be expecting another Fern situation, plus I promised David I would take care of Gabe so I'm going to take care of each other before worrying about this godforsaken city.

• Dude you know about The Alien, right? Kirkman explores what happened in Barcelona, Spain.....

• Actually, there's a side story of Walking Dead called "Walking Dead: The Alien" that takes place in Barcelona and Rick's brother is the main character.

• Same here. If you had the choice, would you want Clementine to return to Richmond or not? I wouldn't.

I turned down the leadership offer immediately because of all the bad blood between my Javi and Richmond. I would always be expecting anothe

• That's a difficult question and depends largely on whether the Garcia's are confined to New Richmond now. I would want her to return to Javi and Gabe because my Javi was fiercely protective of her, but I'd want us to hit the road and not stay. Then again New Richmond might be a good place for AJ to be raised. It also depends what the alternative would be.

Same here. If you had the choice, would you want Clementine to return to Richmond or not? I wouldn't.

• I think it's a bangle

What is that thing on Clem's left wrist in S3?

• edited August 2017

When he tried to justify hurting Fern because in his mind "she would shoot because he would shoot".

Since he was willing to kill Javi, would he in a sense expect his brother to fight back and try to kill him with his logic?

Not sure where that quote comes from. Context?

• Oh! Well, perhaps.

Of course, if there's one thing that episode hammered in, it's that David borders on psychotic with his impulses.

When he tried to justify hurting Fern because in his mind "she would shoot because he would shoot". Since he was willing to kill Javi, would he in a sense expect his brother to fight back and try to kill him with his logic?

• Does your Clementine believe in heaven or the afterlife?

• David meant the line as "i would try to shoot the person who got my child killed as well", not "I would kill Javi my brother specifically".

Would David expect Javi to kill him since "Believe him, he would" kill his own brother?

• To answer your question specifically, all we know is that other countries are just as bad as America if not worse. In fact, many countries seem to believe that the Americans found the cure so many people are trying to cross the sea.

Might explain why Arvo and his gang are in southeastern United States.

As someone who grew to like Arvo and always considered him a wasted character, does the comis and TV show ever showcase the status of the Eurasian areas?

• Damn. Why you do this, Telltale?

Thanks man! This has been enlightening.

To answer your question specifically, all we know is that other countries are just as bad as America if not worse. In fact, many countries s

• How would things have gone down if David was in the junkyard when Mariana was killed? How would he have reacted and what would happen?

• edited August 2017

I think that's pretty obvious: he'd go off more than Javier did and do his best to wipe out Badger's whole crew. This would involve sending everyone else(possibly excepting Javier) on their way and chase after Badger when he tries to take off on foot.

How would things have gone down if David was in the junkyard when Mariana was killed? How would he have reacted and what would happen?

• Wasn't written by Kirkman, it was written by Brian K. Vaughan, the only comic not penned by Kirkman, so who knows how canon it really is.

Dude you know about The Alien, right? Kirkman explores what happened in Barcelona, Spain.....

• Full canon if it's in the same universe

Wasn't written by Kirkman, it was written by Brian K. Vaughan, the only comic not penned by Kirkman, so who knows how canon it really is.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.