The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited August 2017

That's not how it works.

Could be the same universe but different stories. Many things that happen in the game don't correlate or are not canon to what happens in the comics or show. You can't really compare some of them, sometimes especially when they're written by completely different people (like Kirkman and Brian).

Like, the Lilly in the game and the Lilly in the show/comics are not the same.

Melton23 posted: »

Full canon if it's in the same universe

• edited August 2017

I'm preeetty sure it does work like that though :| besides, there can be more than one person named Lilly.

That's not how it works. Could be the same universe but different stories. Many things that happen in the game don't correlate or are no

• enter image description here

Melton23 posted: »

I'm preeetty sure it does work like that though besides, there can be more than one person named Lilly.

• If I don't play the 400 Days DLC at the end of season 1 but then play season 2, do they randomly appear or do all of them appear?

• Sure thing!

DabigRG posted: »

Damn. Why you do this, Telltale? Thanks man! This has been enlightening.

• Not sure. Maybe none of them?

I know they all showed up on my second playthrough when I skippped out on 400 Days, but that file was originally copied from my original to begin with, so I'm not sure how that worked.

TJ3046 posted: »

If I don't play the 400 Days DLC at the end of season 1 but then play season 2, do they randomly appear or do all of them appear?

• Yeah, kinda. I skipped 400 Days but everyone appeared in Season 2.

If I don't play the 400 Days DLC at the end of season 1 but then play season 2, do they randomly appear or do all of them appear?

• On my evil play through, I skipped 400 days cos I didn't like it and everyone appeared.

• It'll randomly generate who appears and who won't.

• edited August 2017

I think it's random if you skip 400 Days. I dunno, I've never skipped it but I've seen LPs of people who have.

• Alright I'm doing something sort of out of the box. I have one save file dedicated to the main game and one save file where I'm going to play 400 Days in chronological order (already picked my Doug v Carley). So for a new experience I wanted to try and play semi in chronological order and if I skipped the DLC I was hoping they'd appear in episode 3 of season 2 no matter what.

I guess I'll find out. Thanks to everyone who answered!

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, kinda. I skipped 400 Days but everyone appeared in Season 2.

• No I didn't mean at the time he said that. But I was talking about his logic of assuming what others are capable of and equating their actions depending on his actions. So when he is wrenching choking Javi, he is wanting to kill him so would he believe in that moment that Javi would also be willing to kill him using his previous logic of she would do it because I would do it.

David meant the line as "i would try to shoot the person who got my child killed as well", not "I would kill Javi my brother specifically".

• You're welcome! I also agree with Kate.
    If you want to see what happens if you always stay silent in From The Gallows, here you go:

until you remember that Hector was originally supposed to be Mariana's dad and Javier's stepbrother. :neutral:

Hah! Yeah. Well, he called her mi hija in the opening which means my daughter, but probably also means sweetie/honey. Would you have preffered if it was kept that way(him being Mari's dad)?
    Maybe it's just me, but Mariana looks nothing like David. Actually she looks like Javier... kind of. Probably in even earlier concept she was his daughter. We'll never know...

It's in the unused lines. I'm trying to find the exact line right now, but hopefully it's in this video.

I know, love. It is in this video. I am not familliar with these communities.

Kate says: She fucked up. Everybody does. [turns to Eleanor] What you do afterwards is what really matters. Agreed. Thanks. Y

• If you want to see what happens if you always stay silent in From The Gallows, here you go:

Ah, thanks!

Hah! Yeah. Well, he called her mi hija in the opening which means my daughter, but probably also means sweetie/honey. Would you have preffered if it was kept that way(him being Mari's dad)?

I'm not 100 on that, tbh. While my kneejerk answer is not really, Hector is such a bit character anyway that I don't think it really matters. What does matter is that that factoid kinda ruins one of the few legitimate bits of novelty her character had, so it's a losing fight anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but Mariana looks nothing like David. Actually she looks like Javier... kind of. Probably in even earlier concept she was his daughter. We'll never know...

Yeah, I sorta got that impression as well and if it was the case, the context of what we got is probably for the best.

I know, love. It is in this video. I am not familliar with these communities.

Oh, okay.

Fangirl101 posted: »

You're welcome! I also agree with Kate. If you want to see what happens if you always stay silent in From The Gallows, here you go:

• Don't mean to steal his thunder here, so if you want to ask this yourself, I'll retool this into another question:

From @BetterToSleep: "We've yet to establish which of these four was A New Frontier's deutagonist. Kate, David, Gabe and Clem have varying relationships with the playable character, but they all got a similar share of screentime and prominence this season—obviously in different ways.

Are their levels of relevance meant to overlap?"

More specifically, who do you think is the deuteragonist of ANF and why?

• Unofficially, Gabe; officially, probably David.

Don't mean to steal his thunder here, so if you want to ask this yourself, I'll retool this into another question: From @BetterToSleep: "

• Clem felt like deuteragonist, Kate felt like tritagonist, Gabe sometimes filled their roles, David was more of an anti hero.

Don't mean to steal his thunder here, so if you want to ask this yourself, I'll retool this into another question: From @BetterToSleep: "

• I think it has to be Kate. But seeing how much focus David receives...

• 18:34 This has to be my favourite Eleanor quote. :grin:

The spice is added to the sweet sugar! We need a DLC now! Telltale, you can do it!

What does matter is that that factoid kinda ruins one of the few legitimate bits of novelty her character had, so it's a losing fight anyway.

Which bit?

Btw, I found that Sarah model on which she has Eleanor's bun and it is indeed based on the fanfic I sent you! (Tables Turned)

If you want to see what happens if you always stay silent in From The Gallows, here you go: Ah, thanks! Hah! Yeah. Well, he ca

• Does surrendering to save Francine's life change any dialogue or dialogue choices when Conrad gets upset at Javi?

• So, if Pete was supposed to be able to sacrifice himself at the Cabin, Season2!Kenny was originally Carlos, and "Carver" was originally Kenny, how exactly would the Ski Lodge sequences have played out with these different aspects in mind?

• They randomly generate characters because you haven't played it.

• So, I'm going threw older threads again and @theRyGuy brought up an interesting change in the story: Should Duck have been shot(thereby put down) by Lilly instead of Carley/Doug?

• I recall someone saying Sean Vanaman outright created some of Season 2's characters on top of making an outline and writing the original version of All That Remains, one of them being Sarah. Is there any truth to this?

• What do you think was originally supposed to happen with Bonnie after In Harm's Way, given that she just become's a Professional Supporting Character that almost always paired with Mike?

• But a character can be an anti hero and the deaturagonist at the same time.

Clem felt like deuteragonist, Kate felt like tritagonist, Gabe sometimes filled their roles, David was more of an anti hero.

• enter image description here

So, if Pete was supposed to be able to sacrifice himself at the Cabin, Season2!Kenny was originally Carlos, and "Carver" was originally Kenny, how exactly would the Ski Lodge sequences have played out with these different aspects in mind?

• Only record we have is that two of the scenes he created made it into the beginning of S2, everything after wasn't him.

I recall someone saying Sean Vanaman outright created some of Season 2's characters on top of making an outline and writing the original version of All That Remains, one of them being Sarah. Is there any truth to this?

• edited August 2017

Anyone know where this crab can be found in the games?

enter image description here

Credit to @Don't_Look_Back for finding the image

• edited August 2017

[removed]

• I guess in Michonne DLC, probably at the shore when the big abandoned ship is.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Anyone know where this crab can be found in the games? Credit to @Don't_Look_Back for finding the image

• True but it rarely felt like David was a protagonist. Most of the season leaves it a mystery whether he is actually a good guy, unlike Clem/Kate/Gabe.

But a character can be an anti hero and the deaturagonist at the same time.

• Michonne episode 1 when you arrive at the shore with Pete. I think one was nibbling on a severed arm.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Anyone know where this crab can be found in the games? Credit to @Don't_Look_Back for finding the image

• Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

But a character can be an anti hero and the deaturagonist at the same time.

• I have two questions that go hand in hand.

1. When you first played 400 Days, what did you originally think would happen to the people that stayed behind at the campsite? What do you think happened to them now?
    2. Same question but for the survivors who went with Tavia
  • edited August 2017

I kinda figured they'd end up working for someone like Carver for ironies sake given Bonnie's eagerness to go with Tavia. It just felt way too much like a hope spot and Bonnie's scenario in particular felt like a hook to a bigger, darker story, so I figured at least she and Becca would return after either having their hopes somewhat dashed or being molded into most damaged people. As for those who were left behind, I just assumed they'd either ended up falling into Carver's service out of desperation or go about their business never to be seen again in the near future.

This was back when I had a lot more hope for the series BEFORE I knew about anything darker than Carver being forceful, mind you.

I have two questions that go hand in hand. * When you first played 400 Days, what did you originally think would happen to the people t

• Honestly, Bonnie... Why her ? Just why ? Was she very popular at the time the DLC was out to convince Telltale to give her a important role in the season 2 ?
    Because seriously... Vince, Russell, Shel, Wyatt or even Eddie would have been so much better AND useful to see with us in episodes 3/4/5.

Oh, and this is a really personal opinion, I know, but... I find Bonnie so useless as possible... Even Sarah was a more interesting and better character in comparison.

What do you think was originally supposed to happen with Bonnie after In Harm's Way, given that she just become's a Professional Supporting Character that almost always paired with Mike?

• Honestly, Bonnie... Why her ? Just why ? Was she very popular at the time the DLC was out to convince Telltale to give her a important role in the season 2 ?

She's non-determinate, that's why. Plus, her scenario was more of a hook than most of the others.

Because seriously... Vince, Russell, Shel, Wyatt or even Eddie would have been so much better AND useful to see with us in episodes 3/4/5.

...I'm honestly hardpressed to agree with any of those.

Oh, and this is a really personal opinion, I know, but... I find Bonnie so useless as possible...

The problem is that they didn't do much with her after In Harm's Way. She just became a Professional Supporting Character with supposed ties to Luke that ultimately go nowhere and partially ended up making a number of people hate her.

Even Sarah was a more interesting and better character in comparison.

Implying that doesn't apply to most of the other characters as well. Ya better recognize!

Yaya67 posted: »

Honestly, Bonnie... Why her ? Just why ? Was she very popular at the time the DLC was out to convince Telltale to give her a important role

• It rarely felt like David was the protagonist because he never was the protagonist :3 seeing as protagonist means main character, even the hero can be the antagonist in some stories, so in this case javier was our protagonist throughout

True but it rarely felt like David was a protagonist. Most of the season leaves it a mystery whether he is actually a good guy, unlike Clem/Kate/Gabe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.