The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• At this point, you know. I'm even wondering why they just didn't make the 400 days DLC only about Bonnie because she is the only one who is non-determinant... At least, it would have been clear for everyone this character would been important for Clementine's group later, giving her a good background and maybe focus more on her character to give reasons for the players to take care of her in the main game but... Well, this is only a dream about "How Bonnie could have been better" :p

Concerning the other characters, my two favorites of season 2 were Nick and Sarah (More Nick I must say because I recognize myself a lot into him but I like Sarah very much too !) but... Should I even tell about my complete disappointment about how these two characters were litteraly throwed under the bus in episode 4 (and why I hate this episode so much ?) xD

DabigRG posted: »

Honestly, Bonnie... Why her ? Just why ? Was she very popular at the time the DLC was out to convince Telltale to give her a important role

• Season2!Kenny was originally Carlos

enter image description here

So, if Pete was supposed to be able to sacrifice himself at the Cabin, Season2!Kenny was originally Carlos, and "Carver" was originally Kenny, how exactly would the Ski Lodge sequences have played out with these different aspects in mind?

• Kenny was originally supposed to be "Carver" himself when production started but it was eventually decided that Carver be an original character, which lead to the creation of Troy and later Bill himself. Meanwhile, it's pretty clear that Carlos and Sarah were supposed to have bigger roles in the story but that likely changed whenever they decided to bring Kenny back the way they did. What makes this most apparent among several key similarities amongst Kenny & Carlos and especially between Sarah & Sarita is the fact that if you were to give much of Kenny and Sarita's scenes from IHW, AtR, and maybe even a few in ATR to Carlos and Sarah, the story not only becomes more streamlined but makes a little more sense.

Conclusion: Kenny most likely took many scenes intended for Carlos, while Sarita is almost certainly a quick Decomposite character of Sarah.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Season2!Kenny was originally Carlos

• Since TWD Final Season Is Clem's final season, what do you think Telltale will do with the series? Will they continue with Javier or do something totally different?

I wouldn't mind if they did a season set in the AMC universe, like they did with Game of Thrones in the HBO universe.

• I was under the impression that this was gonna be the last game they do with their version of the Series altogether.

That might just be the Fandum talking, tho.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Since TWD Final Season Is Clem's final season, what do you think Telltale will do with the series? Will they continue with Javier or do some

• These guys fucked up poor Sarah :( like, c'mon, trust writers that are better than you instead of making her "annoying" to the public!

I recall someone saying Sean Vanaman outright created some of Season 2's characters on top of making an outline and writing the original version of All That Remains, one of them being Sarah. Is there any truth to this?

• It just removes the dialogue of blaming Javi for shooting first. So less yelling dialogue but still the same

Does surrendering to save Francine's life change any dialogue or dialogue choices when Conrad gets upset at Javi?

• Telltale walking dead games are clearly in the universe comics and it should stay on this.

If they want to make some other little series like the michonne ones, well, they can... Why not making a serie about Jesus before joining hilltop ?
    Or another about Negan himself before becoming the leader of the saviors ?
    Or another good choice, showing us the Magna's group traveling between Richmond to Alexandria ?
    Of course, playing some new characters like Javi's family could be another wise option.

Let's see how Telltale will play this but before anything else, they need to finish once for all the Clementine's story, and let's hope this final season about her will not be a massive crap ;)

I was under the impression that this was gonna be the last game they do with their version of the Series altogether. That might just be the Fandum talking, tho.

• Or another about Negan himself before becoming the leader of the saviors ?

They already have a Negan prequel story called "Here's Negan".

showing us the Magna's group traveling between Richmond to Alexandria ?

I'd be really interested if they decided to make a mini-series about them.

Yaya67 posted: »

Telltale walking dead games are clearly in the universe comics and it should stay on this. If they want to make some other little series

• Just making sure, was Carver going to bash in Kenny's eye with or without Kenny saying fucker?

• I think so. There are definitely dialogue options I chose like in S2: E5 where I told Kenny that Katjaa and Duck are together. So yeah, I think my Clementine believes in heaven, it would definitely be a way to help cope.

Does your Clementine believe in heaven or the afterlife?

• I think we'll be going back to javier in the first few days of the apocalypse, starting inside of the van so we can see what happened there, then when they get back to the house we should have a time skip so it doesn't get too boring.

Since TWD Final Season Is Clem's final season, what do you think Telltale will do with the series? Will they continue with Javier or do some

• Without, most likely. The fact that he holds off on the three until just as Kenny let's go of the walkie talkie and then stares him down with a livid expression definitely gives off that vibe.

Sparkeagle posted: »

Just making sure, was Carver going to bash in Kenny's eye with or without Kenny saying fucker?

• We had 5 hours of javier while clementine had nearly Triple that. I'm talking about flashbacks, we know nearly nothing about his past during the start of the apocalypse so telltale are not done with him

• They can just do something that anyone would do and have them meet a group of survivors at a certain place and go on supply runs similar to season 1, but the place is overrun, or a group of survivors from that place do not like living there so decide to leave with the Garcia's only to end up dead or missing, it will still be interesting to find out where they went

• Javier is a cool guy, but it'll be a good decision to leave his story alone. Javier has always been a family man, and with ANF ending with him and his family possibly living in peace in Richmond, it's a suitable ending to his character.

Even if Telltale wanted to make another season with him as a MC, it won't do as good as S1, S2, or even ANF because Clementine won't be in it. Not to mention half of the fanbase dislike him and his family.

Melton23 posted: »

They can just do something that anyone would do and have them meet a group of survivors at a certain place and go on supply runs similar to

• He was gonna bash him anyways, as evidenced when he said three after Kenny gave it back. Kenny only said fucker because he realized that.

Sparkeagle posted: »

Just making sure, was Carver going to bash in Kenny's eye with or without Kenny saying fucker?

• I chose that option too, as well as telling Rebecca that Alvin is still watching her in s2e3 and telling the group that Rebecca is with Alvin now in s2e5. Kenny continued the idea in ANF when he said that Rebecca is up there looking down on us grateful.

It's certainly something my Clem believes in, that she may meet all her loved ones again someday.

HarjKS posted: »

I think so. There are definitely dialogue options I chose like in S2: E5 where I told Kenny that Katjaa and Duck are together. So yeah, I think my Clementine believes in heaven, it would definitely be a way to help cope.

• I think we should avoid having him as a playable character, but i do think that his s3 ending and decisions should have an effect if Clem does return to Richmond.

Javier is a cool guy, but it'll be a good decision to leave his story alone. Javier has always been a family man, and with ANF ending with h

• Yeah, that honestly added a quick bit of humor to the scene.

He was gonna bash him anyways, as evidenced when he said three after Kenny gave it back. Kenny only said fucker because he realized that.

• Which episode of each season do you think is the most important?

• ...When you look up "loaded question" in the dictionary...

Probably Long Road Of Head, fuckin Amid the Ruins, and Above the Law.

Which episode of each season do you think is the most important?

• Clementine = more money, even Telltale are realising that now

I think not, cuz they wanna finish her story at s4(if they're not lying of course)

• because Clementine won't be in it

What about TWD games after s4?

Not to mention half of the fanbase dislike him and his family

I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ?

Javier is a cool guy, but it'll be a good decision to leave his story alone. Javier has always been a family man, and with ANF ending with h

• What about TWD games after s4?

Won't do as good as the others because fans won't play if Clementine isn't in it like the Michonne series.

I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ?

Thats why I didn't say all the fan base.

because Clementine won't be in it What about TWD games after s4? Not to mention half of the fanbase dislike him and his family I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ?

• Probably Long Road Of Head

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• In your honest opinion, what is the reason that so many survivors make a big deal out of making sure their friends and loved ones don't "turn"? Is it for their own sakes, so they don't have to think about how their loved ones are still rotting and roaming the earth? Is it because being a walker might actually be a horrible insufferable fate? Do some survivors simply not care whether a friend turns or not?

• I think they'll just hate TT for that

What about TWD games after s4? Won't do as good as the others because fans won't play if Clementine isn't in it like the Michonne se

• You'd be surprised by how many people already do.

I think they'll just hate TT for that

• enter image description here

Probably Long Road Of Head ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ?

For the record, hate and dislike are two different things, dude.

because Clementine won't be in it What about TWD games after s4? Not to mention half of the fanbase dislike him and his family I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ?

• All aboard the gravy train, ladies and gentlemen. :lol:

Probably Long Road Of Head ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Mostly the former.

In your honest opinion, what is the reason that so many survivors make a big deal out of making sure their friends and loved ones don't "tur

• edited August 2017

Can someone comment the list of choices needed to be made to get the ending with Kate & Gabe *alive?

• I already kinda do too

You'd be surprised by how many people already do.

• yeah, i know

I think that Mari was awesome, how could people hate her ? For the record, hate and dislike are two different things, dude.

• Javi choice: go with Kate

Clem choice: go with David, and to make her do so you have some options:

• If you accept Ava's offer and obey them with AJ, your Clem will be understanding and will go after Gabe.
    • If you reject Ava's offer and inject AJ, your Clem will be levelheaded and will go wherever Javi doesn't.
    • If you reject Ava's offer and obey them with AJ, your Clem will be forgiving and will, again, go after Gabe.
    • If you reject Ava's offer, obey them with AJ and spit in David's face, your Clem will be honest and will, again, go wherever Javi doesn't.
    Dan7Bip5 posted: »

Can someone comment the list of choices needed to be made to get the ending with Kate & Gabe *alive?

• "Mostly"? Explain.

Mostly the former.

• Well, I said mostly because it ultimately depends on the individual's beliefs and connections to any given walker, but destroying someone's brain before or after they turn is usually seen an act of mercy because they simply can't comprehend what that's actually like. Walkers by definition are dead bodies that hunt the living because a virus took over their still intact brains after they died and only then. They simply don't make tangible sense to the living outside of observing how they come to be and dealing with them in a way that ensures they don't come after you. Thus, people with connections are inherently inclined to do something about it so they don't have to deal with the pain of letting the walker exist as an abomination and to honor their ally's memory. Either way, it's better to keep their walker from going around to eventually hurt/turn someone else, particularly if the person was a sort who'd be very against the prospect if they had a say in it.

On that note, ,I'd like to add in that using the rules and environment we've been given, the idea that the deceased is still alive somewhere in there quite frankly doesn't make much sense to begin with. At least the memories thing is a stretch, but it's least a logical conclusion that happens to make sense in a roundabout way; that, on the other hand, is contradictory to the whole idea of turning.

"Mostly"? Explain.

• Have any of the major YouTubers that played all the seasons of Walking Dead even watch the show or read the comics? Because I know a few like Cryaotic and Pewdiepie who, I assume, haven't seen the show or comic because they had no clue who Jesus was in ANF.

The only YouTuber I know who watches the show is Uberhaxornova. Are there any more?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.