The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff

I'm pretty sure that David did get Mama to the hospital; he mentions in Above the Law that he got caught up with a military effort, and I suspect that happened at one of the hospital quarantine areas, probably after things went seriously south. My take is that having to watch something like his mother being ripped apart/eaten alive in front of him; being made a victim by the same system that was supposed to be helping; would have spurred him into trying to find a better solution himself. His grief and rage blinded him to being able to think about his own family (we know from a later flashback that his first impulse under stress IS to retreat to a place he feels he can control more) and sent him back to the place where he feels the most functional/able to help.

I want everyone's honest opinion... what happened after David drove off with Yaya? Did he put her down or leave her as a muerto?

• Is there a way i can view my private messages once they are pushed off of my feed?

• With this current version of the site? Sadly not.

Is there a way i can view my private messages once they are pushed off of my feed?

• Ah. That is incredibly frustrating.

With this current version of the site? Sadly not.

• Thanks to you, I'll never forget. :p
    I guess, I always imagined Anita having black hair though.

DabigRG posted: »

That's the obvious conclusion at face value, but remember that Mariana was written as Gabe's cousin and Anita & Hector's daughter. So I can't help but assume that may have been meant to be her at one point..

• Yeah the same problem is happening to me. I had 33 pm's from my friend asking me where I was cos I accidentally fell asleep talking to them :joy: no idea where the other 10 came from though

Is there a way i can view my private messages once they are pushed off of my feed?

• So here's an interesting and potentially controversial question: How do you rank the kid/youth characters?

• edited August 2017

Duck's an 8, made me chuckle a few times too bad a few mins later 'that' happened.

So here's an interesting and potentially controversial question: How do you rank the kid/youth characters?

• For a second, I thought you were just telling how old he was. :lol:

Duck's an 8, made me chuckle a few times too bad a few mins later 'that' happened.

• Here's my rough estimation off the top of my head. Subject to change.

Sarah
    Michelle
    Gabriel Gabe Garicia
    Arvo
    Ben Paul

Clementine(S1,S2)
    Russell
    Alex
    BaseballKid
    Greg Fairbanks
    Alvin Rebecca Carver Jr.
    Gil
    Becca
    Travis
    James Fairbanks
    Kenny Duck Jr.

Marianna Garcia
    Edgy!Clem

Not ranked: Jenny Pitcher, Danielle, Fivel, Alfred, Molly's Sister, Adam Campman, Lizzie Campman, Jaime, Elodie&Colette, Villager Kid, Ida

So here's an interesting and potentially controversial question: How do you rank the kid/youth characters?

• I got a question in mind.

In episode 5, Ava and Tripp get killed before the rest of the group could reach the vehicles. Once they get to them, David and Javier start to fight.

I'm sure that Tripp and Ava were killed so they would not get in the middle of that fight (since Ava is a soldier and Tripp a big muscle guy, they could have interrupt the fight)

My question is: how do you think that both of them would have acted in the fight?

• I hate to do this directly but do you know what happened to Hector Garcia? None of Javi's family mentioned him after the opening sequence of Ties That Bind Part 1.

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

I'm pretty sure that David did get Mama to the hospital; he mentions in Above the Law that he got caught up with a military effort, and I su

• I think Ava would have sided on David's favor, probably... but it was David the one who started the fight so... i think Ava would've tried to stop David and tell him that there is no time to waste in a dumb fight.
    As for Tripp i honestly dont know what he would've done. It was not his fight or his problem but who knows... he is a good person after all.

I got a question in mind. In episode 5, Ava and Tripp get killed before the rest of the group could reach the vehicles. Once they get to

• Ava would have tried to make David stop by using words and urging David to calm down.

Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David in order to defend Javier (if you were good to him before Gabriel's pipebomb of course).

I got a question in mind. In episode 5, Ava and Tripp get killed before the rest of the group could reach the vehicles. Once they get to

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff

We know that the Garcias (without David and Mama) ended up driving the van back to the family house and waiting there; Hector was still with them when they made their way back, and his story was the key reason that when we saw the family 3 months later, they were all sleeping within eyesight of each other, barricaded into a single room.

AronDracula posted: »

I hate to do this directly but do you know what happened to Hector Garcia? None of Javi's family mentioned him after the opening sequence of Ties That Bind Part 1.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2017

Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David in order to defend Javier

He would also be saying some very colorful and unique phrases in the process.

CHRIST ON A FUCKIN' CANOE, MAN

Findagon posted: »

Ava would have tried to make David stop by using words and urging David to calm down. Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and

• Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David

Hmm. Kinda wish he did do something like that.

Findagon posted: »

Ava would have tried to make David stop by using words and urging David to calm down. Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and

• Who counts on a list of the Seven Deadly Sins? How about the Seven Heavenly Virtues?

• CHRIST ON A FUCKIN' CANOE, MAN

how long did it take to think of that one?

Deltino posted: »

Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David in order to defend Javier He would also be saying some very colorful and unique phrases in the process. CHRIST ON A FUCKIN' CANOE, MAN

• Here are some guesses.

• Wrath - Kenny
    • Pride - Carver
    • Envy - David
    • Gluttony - Doug (did you see how he looked at these pies lmao)
    • Lust - Save-Lots Bandits? (because it's implied they raped women)
    • Greed - no idea
    • Sloth - Ben

Who counts on a list of the Seven Deadly Sins? How about the Seven Heavenly Virtues?

• probably the same as, SHIT MY NUTS!

Melton23 posted: »

CHRIST ON A FUCKIN' CANOE, MAN how long did it take to think of that one?

• Let me fill in greed for you.

• Greed - Joan, since she pretty much stole all those resources from other communities for the betterment of Richmond alone

also if you think about it the seven Virtues can be Lee or Clementine since after all we the players can embody those traits particularly Faith, Charity, and Justice.

Here are some guesses. * Wrath - Kenny * Pride - Carver * Envy - David * Gluttony - Doug (did you see how he looked at these pies lmao) * Lust - Save-Lots Bandits? (because it's implied they raped women) * Greed - no idea * Sloth - Ben

• Same! :grin:

Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David Hmm. Kinda wish he did do something like that.

• Cause it was a Confederate coat.

• I can't believe I forgot about David before I posted this. But how does Ben count as sloth?

Here are some guesses. * Wrath - Kenny * Pride - Carver * Envy - David * Gluttony - Doug (did you see how he looked at these pies lmao) * Lust - Save-Lots Bandits? (because it's implied they raped women) * Greed - no idea * Sloth - Ben

• Greed - Joan, since she pretty much stole all those resources from other communities for the betterment of Richmond alone

True. And it applies to her intended characterization instead of the copout one, so bonus!

also if you think about it the seven Virtues can be Lee or Clementine since after all we the players can embody those traits particularly Faith, Charity, and Justice.

Kind of a copout, but I can definitely see some of those with Pre-ANF Clementine.

Let me fill in greed for you. * Greed - Joan, since she pretty much stole all those resources from other communities for the betterment

• Made a poll in my thread asking which character you'd like to see return. Thought it'd be good to post it here as well. Here's the poll.

• I like how you positioned it in a way it most resembles Sarah Michelle Gellar (Gabriel)

Here's my rough estimation off the top of my head. Subject to change. Sarah Michelle Gabriel Gabe Garicia Arvo Ben Paul Clemen

• If Conrad were in episode 5, how would you place him in the story and how would his determinant death go. It would've been nice to see him reunite with Tripp or mourn over him if he died.

• edited August 2017

Since it's taking me forever to actually do it, I'll just briefly state one of my intended rewrite ideas: basically, Conrad wouldn't die in the final episode at all and would instead still be present in the first few minutes helping fight off some of the walkers. He would then go inside with everyone else, wouldn't say too much at first since the focus would still be on Gabe's feelings about David's actions, would occasionally throw in his two cents when Kate starts talking to Javier after the edgy three leave, and would decide to stay behind to either to go look for Tripp or help Eleanor with the injured(with some visible conflicted feelings initially, of course).

If we really need to think of his determinate involvement, maybe when Guard2/Shade-Chick's security team come after Javier, he could try to distract them long enough for Javier to injure the Guard and send em pacin. I know it's incredibly negligible, but that and having him interact with Tripp/Eleanor is honestly all I'd personally go for without significantly changing the plot.

However, I think @The_DerpGod came up with a great alternate in his posts in my thread!

Sparkeagle posted: »

If Conrad were in episode 5, how would you place him in the story and how would his determinant death go. It would've been nice to see him reunite with Tripp or mourn over him if he died.

• :lol: Thanks for catching that--I honestly didn't notice!

Sparkeagle posted: »

I like how you positioned it in a way it most resembles Sarah Michelle Gellar (Gabriel)

• If any 2+ characters were to fuse, what would they be like?

• Idk, in some of the moments he seemed apathetic and given up on life to me. That's the closest I could get to Sloth.

I can't believe I forgot about David before I posted this. But how does Ben count as sloth?

• Someone really likes Steven Universe :)

If any 2+ characters were to fuse, what would they be like?

• That sounds so much like something Tripp would say

Deltino posted: »

Tripp would have charged in like a fucking tank and beat the crap out of David in order to defend Javier He would also be saying some very colorful and unique phrases in the process. CHRIST ON A FUCKIN' CANOE, MAN

• sigh some people really don't know this? The confederated promoted slavery... Rebecca is African-American. And even if she wasn't it would be like giving someone a nazi coat. Nope.

...This coat could have been a good symbolism, for, you know, philosophy and shit. Eh, wasted potential, like everything that came after 400 days.

• Clementine + Mariana + Michelle

a nice and independent dude/chick that know how to take care of themselves while still being a sweet cinnamon roll until they get angry and then they go full murder mode and fucks shit up.

If any 2+ characters were to fuse, what would they be like?

• Hmm...I suppose you have a point.

Idk, in some of the moments he seemed apathetic and given up on life to me. That's the closest I could get to Sloth.

• You know it! :grin:

Someone really likes Steven Universe

• Not gonna lie, I read the first 2/3 and thought it was redundant and then saw the last 1/3 and thought that was a random trois.

Anyway, pretty sure it'd be a chick since all three are female but otherwise, I think the description is fairly decent sum up to what would they be like.

Clementine's balanced behavior and killing instinct+ Mariana's somewhat saccharine demeanor+Michelle's faux-nihilist attitude probably would make that.

Clementine + Mariana + Michelle a nice and independent dude/chick that know how to take care of themselves while still being a sweet cinnamon roll until they get angry and then they go full murder mode and fucks shit up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.