The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited August 2018

Yo, @DontLookBack, when you posted this back in January, you mentioned removing some spoilery lines from this video. Do you recall what they were, if you don't mind me askin?

• Do they ever specifically state Conrad and Francine's relationship at any point?

• It's not true.

DabigRG posted: »

Apparently, if Gabe dies, one of the photos at the memorial is him without a hat. Is this true or was Edgy just being facetious?

• I don't think so.

Do they ever specifically state Conrad and Francine's relationship at any point?

• Yeah, I figured. Someone would've posted it otherwise.

Fangirl101 posted: »

It's not true.

• Yup! I just checked to make sure. The only difference is the hair, which is a bun on the poster.

Is Kate's poster shirt still in the game?

• Seems like they were boyfriend and girlfriend even before the apocalypse. There is a photo of them together at the memorial.

Do they ever specifically state Conrad and Francine's relationship at any point?

• The small timeskips made sense because from episode 1 to 3, each episode was basically its own separate adventure. Episodes 4 and 5 was in the same place with the same general goal, so there wasn't a timeskip.

With s4, its going to be Clementine looking for AJ. I don't really see how there could be large timeskips when finding him is an immediate and potentially time sensitive task. I'd expect timeskips after we find AJ and she decides where to take him.

Would you prefer it if S4 went back to having little time skips between episodes like S1 had? Or do you prefer the continuous stories of S2 and 3 where the just pick up right from the end of the last episode?

• Because they're assholes and hypocrites, and because they were probably going to rob Javi no matter what happened.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

In Ties That Bind Part 1 why is it that Max is willing to shoot Javi in the head for refusing to open a door but when Javi assaults one of Max's men suddenly he has to answer to Richmond's justice system?

• Really now? Does it get used for anything or is it just a leftover?

Yup! I just checked to make sure. The only difference is the hair, which is a bun on the poster.

• What do you mean by used for anything?

Really now? Does it get used for anything or is it just a leftover?

• Does another character wear it at some point?

What do you mean by used for anything?

• You got a link to that Draco fanfic?

Does David's treatment in the last few episodes count as bordering on a Draco in Leather Pants-type fanfic? If not, then what exactly would the problem be identified as?

• No, I actually don't think I've ever read one. Draco in Leather Pants is a just a colorful trope name that references Harry Potter.

You got a link to that Draco fanfic?

• what a letdown man

No, I actually don't think I've ever read one. Draco in Leather Pants is a just a colorful trope name that references Harry Potter.

• Ah well, whaddyu gonna do? :lol:

what a letdown man

• edited September 2017

Here's something I didn't really think about till just now: As you know, towards the end of Above the Law, Kate takes charge again and tells Javier, Gabe, Tripp,[Conrad,] and Eleanor that they're getting the hell out of Richmond before Joan's forces can go on the offensive. The choice is between taking her and Gabe to David's House to help him and Ava confront Joan about her backdoor dealings or agreeing to getting the group out of there at the cost of Gabe staying behind to help David's forces.

Well, if Javier did agree to this plan, where the hell were those two going?

• Have all the bugs officially gone from ANF? Like Kate being high on the weed when told she hit Conrad or Jesus getting cuffed properly etc. Since the emotionless facial expressions were fixed and I already uninstalled the game

• What do you think is the most common sickness in the apocalypse?

• In my opinion; probably the flu.

What do you think is the most common sickness in the apocalypse?

• Love you, DabigRG!

enter image description here

You've got some explaining to do.

Okay, Shoula, what the hell?

• Do I? :innocent:

Love you, DabigRG! You've got some explaining to do.

• edited October 2017

Yes, you do. :blush:

Still waiting for an explanation~

Do I?

• Flu, colds, infections

Things that would be manageable in the normal world but could kill you now if you're unprepared or unlucky.

What do you think is the most common sickness in the apocalypse?

• What kind of character would serve as a good shadow archetype to Clementine should one appear in The Final Season?

• I know that Tripp is supposed to be Javier's Best Friend figure, but which character would you have wanted to take that role?

• edited September 2017

Kate, David, and Gabe all loosely fill that space in various ways but mainly push the theme of complicated family relationships, while Clementine, Conrad, and determinately Max were mainly allies of circumstance who you can get closer to as the story progresses.

The only other characters who could've had that role are Mariana(who gets killed and even then loosely falls into the family category), Eleanor(who didn't get much screentime, was mainly just seen as a faux-alternate love interest, and was originally gonna lean a little closer to the same category as Clementine), and "jesus"(who isn't much of a group member anyway, falls into the Clementine category, and honestly could've been removed in favor of Tripp actually being useful).

Honestly, I feel like that didn't really need to be a thing anyway.

I know that Tripp is supposed to be Javier's Best Friend figure, but which character would you have wanted to take that role?

• edited September 2017

That's a very good question. Clementine's characterization has deviated so far from the original idea that it can be a bit hard to say. With that said, she definitely deserves a true evil counterpart to actually interact and conflict.

So I think you can go a few ways about it:

• One that fulfills the destiny Carver claimed she was capable of as a leader
    • One that represents her original flaw of clinging to her family(Kinda like Sarah and Arvo but in a different manner)
    • One that represents the squandered arc about how she blamed herself for Lee's death
    • One that is the antithesis of her original/current beliefs and standards(Like Michelle)
    • One that has many similar skills and advantages
    • One that represents how bitter and even a bit unfettered she was about being separated from AJ(Kinda like what Ava was seemingly being set up as, but more in the vain of doing whatever it takes to reclaim what's theirs)
    • One that shows her original moral codes in a more negative/destructive light(Like Arvo)
    • Or maybe even one in the vain of Huckleberry!

What kind of character would serve as a good shadow archetype to Clementine should one appear in The Final Season?

• I excluded family relations, obviously.

But yes, I was thinking about Eleanor myself when that question popped in my head. Imo, she would fit in that role.
    I feel like she was going to be a romance option before the rewrites. I would have loved to romance her, but sadly, I didn't have that opportunity. :cry: I remember you being really happy at her friendzoning Tripp. :D
    What Clementine category? I don't get it.

Honestly, I feel like that didn't really need to be a thing anyway.

Well, we already had Kenny as a determinant best friend, heh. A female for a best friend to the main character(Javier in this case) would have been refreshing.

Kate, David, and Gabe all loosely fill that space in various ways but mainly push the theme of complicated family relationships, while Cleme

• If the various villains throughout this game series were to convene, how do you think they'd get along?

Additionally, who would be their leader?

• But yes, I was thinking about Eleanor myself when that question popped in my head. Imo, she would fit in that role.

That would've been neat and unorthodox, yes..

I remember you being really happy at her friendzoning Tripp. :D

But of course! :joy:

What Clementine category? I don't get it.

The thing where Javier allies with someone out for convenience and comes into conflict concerning their respective motivations at some point or another. Not as pronounced as the others, but I thought I should include that anyway.

Well, we already had Kenny as a determinant best friend, heh. A female for a best friend to the main character(Javier in this case) would have been refreshing.

True. Even though we technically had Lily and Sarah, .

I excluded family relations, obviously. But yes, I was thinking about Eleanor myself when that question popped in my head. Imo, she would

• edited September 2017

If there were sports spinoff were made of this game series, what sport would you like to play and how would the roster's stats be?

• If Lilly counts as a villain Nate would probably try to play Casanova on her much to her annoyance. They'd also bicker like siblings in a foolish sibling, responsible sibling sort of way.

The Stranger would be that weird quiet guy who creeps everyone out but he manages to pull his own weight so the rest of the group just tolerates his presence.

Carver would probably try to declare himself leader and constantly butt heads with Lilly and maybe Joan

The St Johns would most likely be exiled almost immediately should they ever be revealed to be cannibals (I don't think any of the other villains would be okay with eating human meat)

Nate, Badger and Troy would probably be close buds

Michelle would probably realize that the group is filled with freaks and assholes so she'd gtfo

Leadership would probably be between Lilly, Carver and Joan and they would constantly fight over control of the group

That's all I can think of right now.

If the various villains throughout this game series were to convene, how do you think they'd get along? Additionally, who would be their leader?

• If Lilly counts as a villain Nate would probably try to play Casanova on her much to her annoyance. They'd also bicker like siblings in a foolish sibling, responsible sibling sort of way.

Nah, I don't/wouldn't count Lily as a villain. Unless she shows up in The Final Season as an Antivillain at least.

The Stranger would be that weird quiet guy who creeps everyone out but he manages to pull his own weight so the rest of the group just tolerates his presence.

The idea of the Stranger being the Quiet One who keeps to himself is indeed an interesting parallel I wouldn't have thought of. Partly because I don't think he'd be likely to willingly hang with the other villains for too long.

The St Johns would most likely be exiled almost immediately should they ever be revealed to be cannibals (I don't think any of the other villains would be okay with eating human meat

Nate probably would. :lol:

But yeah, they would not fit in at all and they mainly keep to themselves anyway.

Michelle would probably realize that the group is filled with freaks and assholes so she'd gtfo

Yeah, that sounds about right.

If Lilly counts as a villain Nate would probably try to play Casanova on her much to her annoyance. They'd also bicker like siblings in a fo

• The idea of the Stranger being the Quiet One who keeps to himself is indeed an interesting parallel I wouldn't have thought of. Partly because I don't think he'd be likely to willingly hang with the other villains for too long.

Yeah he'd probably gtfo too soon after Michelle.

Nate probably would. :lol:

Yeah that might happen if he really is a complete monster like Badger, which is entirely plausible. The thing is in the short time we got to know Nate in 400 days we only got a small glimpse of how monstrous he truly was when he murdered the elderly couple (and attacked Wyatt and Eddie though they killed his friend so that's a bit more justified imo), everything else about him is left so intriguingly vague that it's hard to tell just how heinous he really is.

Was Nate's sleazy remarks about girls an indication that he was a rapist or was he just being a pervy uncle type trying to get Russell to loosen up? Was Nate the bandit who tried to rob the elderly couple beforehand or did he just show up there at the wrong time and only decided to rob them after they shot at him? Was Nate pulling a sadistic joke on Russell by rolling down the window next to a zombie and neglecting to provide suppressive fire while Russell ran to the truck or was he just testing Russell to see if he could handle himself without Nate's support?

Even the morally questionably stuff we did see him do can be justified in a twisted sort of way. While it's true that the elderly man was just defending himself, he did fire at them while they were just sitting in the truck doing nothing to threaten him. And while I don't necessarily agree killing them was the best course of action it was clear the couple was not going to last long in the harsh new world and someone else would just come along to kill them and take their stuff had Nate not done so.

This kind of stuff is in my opinion on par with Kenny levels of excellent morally grey writing and I just find it kindof a shame that Nate is so overlooked.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

For what it's worth I don't necessarily see Michelle as a villain. An antagonist sure but not a villain, though pointing a gun at a little girl is a bit questionable.

If Lilly counts as a villain Nate would probably try to play Casanova on her much to her annoyance. They'd also bicker like siblings in a fo

• True.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I mean, She still ends up liking you no matter what choice you make.

• edited September 2017

Repeats

For what little it's worth, did you like the fact that Mariana was made David's daughter Gabe's sister or would you have preferred if she stayed his cousin?

If Season 2 had been more of the Captain America:Civil War type of deal it was set up to be, who do you think would choose to be on Luke's Team or Kenny's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

Much like my Luke: Civil War question, if From the Gallows had been more of an Iron Man vs. [Ms] Captain Marvel type of deal, who do you think would choose to be on Kate's Team or David's, even if they weren't around at the time? .

In the event they had stuck with the original intentions they had for the story and that was indeed another holdover, do you think there was any real purpose for having Carlos occasionally say dumb shit?

Considering her role, characterization, and, ahem, "creativeness" behind her name/design, when do you think Sarita was created for the story? Do you think she would've existed before they decided to use Kenny the way they did?

Though this might become dated, which Diamond would the Richmond Council Members be?

How would you rank the vocal songs?

Is ANF Clementine still slightly shorter than Sarah?

Who would you personally choose: Clementine or Mariana?

Who would win in a foot race: Sarah or Arvo?

• edited September 2017

This isn't so much a question as it is an observation/commentary, but has it ever occurred to anyone that Clementine's flashback with Jane made Clem appear totally different from how she looked in Season 2? I mean, not much time had passed at that point, which means Clementine should still be 11 years old. And yet, Clementine looks exactly the same in that particular flashback as she does in the present (13 years old).

What I'm trying to say is that in Season 2 when Clementine had a dream about Lee, they used a model of Season 1 Clem. However, in Season 3 when Clementine had a flashback about Jane, they did not use a model of Season 2 Clem, or anything resembling it. They simply used the model of Season 3 Clem.

I mean, I get that Season 3 is completely different from Seasons 1 and 2 in terms of animation/engine or whatever, but you'd think they'd at least attempt to recreate Clementine's model from Season 2 for that particular flashback, or at least make her appear younger in the context of Season 3's new animation style.

• That...is actually a pretty good point. Perhaps an indication that they considered having her age during Season 2 at one point but the timeline they ended up with made it more convenient to just stick with the one they had already.

Or it could just be resourcefulness/laziness. Either way.

TheMyth26 posted: »

This isn't so much a question as it is an observation/commentary, but has it ever occurred to anyone that Clementine's flashback with Jane m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.