Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited September 2017

enter image description here

fuck I saw this handwriting somewhere someone help me who the shit wrote this i saw it somewhere i swear

Edit: Found this picture to compare handwritings

fuck i swear i saw this somewhere

• Hey guys found this too:

old as fuck i know but what does it say? I'm trying to figure it out... something about a "sign"? and that "She can..." She can what? "On the next file..." and...

"Hella"?

It says Hella.

I'm 90% per cent sure it says Hella

and Chloe wouldn't do that would she?

Who else says the word "Hella"?

yes. You got it.

plus that looks like an emoji right next to "hella" and neither jeffershit or chloe would use emoji so

Ok this is totally bullshit probably but WHAT IF in the original ending of the first game Rachel was suposed to be somehow behind the whole Dark Room thing? I mean, the possibility of her not being the buried corpse in the junkyard was never truly debunked, people just lost interest. The "She can..." and the "sign" part left me thinking... maybe she was looking for someone with powers? remember it's very possible that the Prescotts have time travel powers too

THE STORM IS COMING MY DAD WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS
    - Nathan Malfoy

And we know Rachel and Nathan knew each other...

what if

and this is a very weird theory i'm making up as I type cuz my cousin is smoking weed in the next room and the door can't close for shit

But what if Rachel worked with the Prescotts to find someone with powers... and that was like, the original ending, and all the things set in Episode 4 were to make us think the game would end up in certain way and then say "LOL NO" and give us the REAL ending with Rachel Amber and spirits and shit but cuz of money or time issues (ha. ha) they said "u know what we'll just give them the fake ending and make it canon"?

BUT

What if in BTS they say "Hey, this was some good shit, let's find a way to make it canon without ruining the actual canon!"

ruth leads the dark room and drags rachel into it confirmed
  • enter image description here

and WHYYYYYY None of the names listed as Nathan's parents start with S of Sean? Isn's Sean Natan's father? Maybe it's a secret? Maybe Nathan and Rachel are secretly siblings? What the shit is going on with all this weird crap someone explain

• I can't read anything this is the most awful handwriting i've even seen I don't think it's from Rachel.
    Your theories are good they make me think and realize a lot of things thanks

Hey guys found this too: old as fuck i know but what does it say? I'm trying to figure it out... something about a "sign"? and that "

• I think you're reading a little too much into this. Not everything is an easter egg conspiracy. I'm sure this means literally nothing.

and WHYYYYYY None of the names listed as Nathan's parents start with S of Sean? Isn's Sean Natan's father? Maybe it's a secret? Maybe Nathan and Rachel are secretly siblings? What the shit is going on with all this weird crap someone explain

• I'm pretty sure this handwriting is deliberately illegible, because it's not actually meant to say anything important to the game. It just needed to look like something was written there. But I'd probably guess, "She was a complex (something) for the look and we think (something) (something) on the next film. Hello, Darkroom."

Hey guys found this too: old as fuck i know but what does it say? I'm trying to figure it out... something about a "sign"? and that "

• maybe rachel is secretly a doctor

I'm pretty sure this handwriting is deliberately illegible, because it's not actually meant to say anything important to the game. It just n

• but it's fun!

I think you're reading a little too much into this. Not everything is an easter egg conspiracy. I'm sure this means literally nothing.

• edited September 2017

Here's a video from Steph's VA

woke up this was in my computer. guess i'll just put it here. I think I made it yesterday at 5 am

GODDAMMIT CHLOE NO

• Lol "date of birth: old"

woke up this was in my computer. guess i'll just put it here. I think I made it yesterday at 5 am GODDAMMIT CHLOE NO

• https://www.gamespot.com/articles/life-is-strange-devs-vampyr-delayed-due-to-technic/1100-6453473/

So unsurprisingly (at least to me), Vampyr has been delayed from November until Spring 2018. Whether this might have any effect on LiS2, but it really shouldn't have since they're separate teams (though you also need to factor in their new IP that's set to have a more proper reveal next yeat). At least this should definitely help Vampyr in terms of delivering a more polished finished product and it won't be completely forgotten amongst all those Fall-Holiday games.

• Frank still makes a profit. That's why he keeps giving all that weed.

• So I noticed some interesting difference in dialogue when I was watching an LP of BTS. We both picked a reall friendship but Rachel's reaction was different. In the LP she said "Oh? Is that all?" and then Chloe replied "I don't know... I'd like to find out" That didn't happen with me. And then in the ending scene Rachel said "I don't know if you only see this as a friendship..." Didn't happen for me either. I'm not sure what affects this but the lets player did two things I didn't do. She brought the belt to Rachel and flirted with her. I didn't do those two things so maybe that's what makes the difference.

• It changes based on whether you chose the more flirty/romantic options with Rachel, which can affect some dialogue throughout it, on top of filling an invisible Rachel meter.
    Truth be told, what the player chooses probably won't matter much, if at all, since by LiS1 we know that Chloe was in love with Rachel.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So I noticed some interesting difference in dialogue when I was watching an LP of BTS. We both picked a reall friendship but Rachel's reacti

• Does the romantic options have any affect on the dialogue if you pick something more?

Hopefully it does matter as I'm not fond of the idea of being forced into a romantic relationship with Rachel. All for a strong friendship though! I know there is that line "I loved her so much" in episode 4 of season 1 but still. I try to reassure myself by saying "You can love your friends" :p but I'm really worried I'll be forced into a relationship with Rachel that I want no part of.

MichaelBP posted: »

It changes based on whether you chose the more flirty/romantic options with Rachel, which can affect some dialogue throughout it, on top of

• edited September 2017

Double post.

It changes based on whether you chose the more flirty/romantic options with Rachel, which can affect some dialogue throughout it, on top of

• At the cost of losing a few years of his life due to Chloe's puns.

Clord posted: »

Frank still makes a profit. That's why he keeps giving all that weed.

• Happy Birthday, Max!

• I do know that in the last scene Rachel will be happy that Chloe told her how she feels, and that she feels the same.

There was another one in that episode though, but you'd only hear it if things went south in the confrontation with Frank right at the end, when they bring up Rachel. Basically Chloe tells Frank she loved Rachel and that she knows Rachel loved her too. Frank gets pissed and blames Chloe for always trying to take her away from him.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Does the romantic options have any affect on the dialogue if you pick something more? Hopefully it does matter as I'm not fond of the ide

Joke's on the publishers that told Dontnod to fuck off unless they made Max a guy. Now Square Enix & Dontnod get all dem moneyz.

Happy Birthday, Max!

• I never knew why they wanted Max to be a dude, it would have ruined everything.

See, you wouldn't have the whole PTSD caused by Rape subplot in Episode 5, you wouldn't have this view into the world going on in the girl's dorm (bulling, suicide, rape, etc), you would be an outside viewer and Dude!Max would be a symbolic nightmare at saving Chloe. A guy constantly saving the girl who plays rude but is actually a fucking idiot while the dude is the only sane person in a world full of mentally ill girls (depression, ptsd, etc) and keeps saving other girls because they're "too emotional" would be kinda sexist. In the other hand, if they chaged Chloe for a guy, Max would be constantly revolving her life around Dude!Chloe's needs, saving his ass, leaving her friends for him, neglecting her studies and social life because his girlfriend didn't love him anymore or something, and never once questioning his or her own behavior, just accepting that "oh, I fucked up so I deserve all this abuse" would be even worse. Like, it's still bad now but it's not sexist (blue chloe will always be a bitch regardless or gender all save golden chloe).

Seriously, what they fuck were they thinking?

Joke's on the publishers that told Dontnod to fuck off unless they made Max a guy. Now Square Enix & Dontnod get all dem moneyz.

Happy Birthday, Max!

• she looks so exited

it's my birthday

yey

fucking great

• edited September 2017

Those publishers didn't give a shit about Dontnod's vision. They cared only for the money, which is why they told Dontnod that LiS "wouldn't sell if the protagonist was female".

Thankfully Dontnod gave them all the finger since they didn't want to compromise their vision and kept searching for a publisher that wouldn't meddle with it, until they found Square and the rest is history.

Edit: Plus, then Michel Koch, who is both the co-director and Art director of LiS1, couldn't have this as his Twitter avatar.

In case anyone thinks I'm joking:
    https://twitter.com/dontnod_michel?lang=en

I never knew why they wanted Max to be a dude, it would have ruined everything. See, you wouldn't have the whole PTSD caused by Rape subp

• edited September 2017

edit: double combo

I never knew why they wanted Max to be a dude, it would have ruined everything. See, you wouldn't have the whole PTSD caused by Rape subp

• Wait, he couldn't? Really? What the fuck

Those publishers didn't give a shit about Dontnod's vision. They cared only for the money, which is why they told Dontnod that LiS "wouldn't

• edited September 2017

So, I just saw a part in that new hella Life is Hella Dank game where Chloe literally steals $200 from a guy's car cause he was selling T-shirts for $20 she tried to rob. And then laughs to herself about how she's "sticking it" to the patriarchy.

I think Chloe is one of the worst people I've ever seen.

• edited September 2017

I found it interesting that asking 20 dollars for a band shirt is by her words "ripping off." She clearly doesn't understand that it's quite cheap for a such merchandise and that it's about supporting the band she likes to listen.

Stealing from a band you like, there is fallacy somewhere.

So, I just saw a part in that new hella Life is Hella Dank game where Chloe literally steals $200 from a guy's car cause he was selling T-sh

• It really is sickening.

Chloe is even worse in this new game than the original game. That's quite an accomplishment.

I found it interesting that asking 20 dollars for a band shirt is by her words "ripping off." She clearly doesn't understand that it's quite

• Chloe is even worse in this new game than the original game.

Is that even possible, it can't possibly be true.

It really is sickening. Chloe is even worse in this new game than the original game. That's quite an accomplishment.

• ...for stealing a shirt? That was totally optional the player would be the asshole in any case.

Blue Chloe was worse. Remember she stole like $5.000 (or so i don't know it had a five and many zeros) from the handicaped. Golden Chloe stole a shirt and it's even determinant.

It really is sickening. Chloe is even worse in this new game than the original game. That's quite an accomplishment.

• Its not. You kinda feel for this Chloe near the end of the game.

Chloe is even worse in this new game than the original game. Is that even possible, it can't possibly be true.

• Actually, Chloe in the main game is still the worst, Chloe in BTS is different.

• You're seriously going to judge a character for something the player chooses to do?

So, I just saw a part in that new hella Life is Hella Dank game where Chloe literally steals $200 from a guy's car cause he was selling T-sh

• I think one noteworthy character trait of Chloe is not understanding value of money, nor understand that the police is likely playing ignorant so she doesn't end up to jail. Weird ways small town like that, crimes can "disappear" via favors like her mom helping the police by running the diner they like to use.

I know I probably read too much into this but it seems that the police is somewhat corrupt like that in Arcadia Bay.

...for stealing a shirt? That was totally optional the player would be the asshole in any case. Blue Chloe was worse. Remember she stole

• They're more than just 'somewhat' corrupt imo. As is Blackwell. Considering all the shit Nathan is known to do but gets away scot-free because of his dad's money.

I think one noteworthy character trait of Chloe is not understanding value of money, nor understand that the police is likely playing ignora

• I know. I didn't say she was an angel I'm just saying she's not as bad as Blue Chloe

I think one noteworthy character trait of Chloe is not understanding value of money, nor understand that the police is likely playing ignora

• edited September 2017

I guess 19 year old Chloe is more of an evolution for the worse, being more bitter and angry. Plus Rachel having been a bad influence and all (though, if it weren't for her, Chloe might've commited suicide). And Max ignoring her texts, emails, phone calls,etc, also contributed to it.
    The latter kinda makes it more understandable why she gets pissed off at Max if she answers Kate's call in episode 2 (besides, she apologizes for that later at least).

I know. I didn't say she was an angel I'm just saying she's not as bad as Blue Chloe

Sign in to comment in this discussion.