The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited September 2017

Home sickness. And probably gingivitis since everyone's low on toothpaste.

What do you think is the most common sickness in the apocalypse?

• What profession would be useful in the apocalypse? other than a Hunter, Military, Law Enforcement, Doctor,etc.

• A Scout Leader. They know how to tie knots, make a fire, pretty much know what berries or poisonous or not, fishing, minor medical experience, etc.

What profession would be useful in the apocalypse? other than a Hunter, Military, Law Enforcement, Doctor,etc.

• Gonna have to trawl through page after page of Harry Potter fanfic ;)

I have no recollection of writing these comments by the way.

DabigRG posted: »

Ah well, whaddyu gonna do?

• Sounds about right.

Gonna have to trawl through page after page of Harry Potter fanfic I have no recollection of writing these comments by the way.

• I think psychologists and psychiatrists would be extremely useful in the apocalypse, where everyone is so fucked up.

What profession would be useful in the apocalypse? other than a Hunter, Military, Law Enforcement, Doctor,etc.

• edited September 2017

Comedians, too. Although when I think about it, I'm not sure what a comedian in the apocalypse would say during their stand-up routine. Would they be talking about their past life, back when things were normal? Or would they joke about the suffering they endured and the deaths they have seen, which everyone in the apocalypse could relate to, thereby establishing a connection with the audience and, ironically, making them laugh?

Ah, the human condition. It's seldom easy to understand.

I think psychologists and psychiatrists would be extremely useful in the apocalypse, where everyone is so fucked up.

• I think their benefit is they prob keep up the morale of the group during hard times.

TheMyth26 posted: »

Comedians, too. Although when I think about it, I'm not sure what a comedian in the apocalypse would say during their stand-up routine. Woul

• You're right. In fact, I forgot we already had such a character: Omid.

I think their benefit is they prob keep up the morale of the group during hard times.

• Or most Eagle Scouts for that matter.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

A Scout Leader. They know how to tie knots, make a fire, pretty much know what berries or poisonous or not, fishing, minor medical experience, etc.

• Gabe caused the accident

I know, I said it as a joke, because there was a "break the car" gif, too.

David's plan would've worked.

I doubt it.

Gabe caused the accident, David's plan would've worked.

• I know, honey. I plan on checking out Michonne. I want to play a female in the main series. :3

That'd be interesting. I mean, the Michonne DLC exists, but it'd still be nice to have that in the main series.

• That would've been neat and unorthodox, yes..

Eleanor best homegirl, no doubt. ;)

But of course! :joy:

enter image description here

True. Even though we technically had Lilly and Sarah.

Yes, but I was referring to male protagonists. It's would be a good thing. I know that fans don't appreciate platonic relationships between guys and girls and ship everything... I love Lee and Lilly's relationship though.

But yes, I was thinking about Eleanor myself when that question popped in my head. Imo, she would fit in that role. That would've be

• Would you say Sam was to Michonne what Kenny&Sarah were to Lee&Clementine? I know Comic/TVshow fans would be able to answer this better, but any input is welcome.

• I think it's complicated. She was the deauteragonist, as well as the element that drove the entire plot, so I'd say that she's even more important for the plot that Kenny or Sarah. The plot could have worked without Kenny, and Sarah could be gone and it wouldn't change much with the plot (it changes the story, of course, but not the plot). Sam, however, was more important for the plot to go on, but I don't think Michonne cared about her as much as Lee cared about Kenny or Clementine cared about Sarah.

Would you say Sam was to Michonne what Kenny&Sarah were to Lee&Clementine? I know Comic/TVshow fans would be able to answer this better, but any input is welcome.

• edited September 2017

When you think about it, the walker virus effectively transformed the United States into a poverty-stricken, third world country. It's really no different from the poorest and/or most chaotic parts of the world, where factional conflicts, wars, famine, disease, and lawlessness are a regular part of life.

Which makes me wonder: assuming the virus is a worldwide pandemic, what would be its impact on nations that have had a long and ongoing history of poverty, violence and/or substandard living conditions? In other words, how would the zombie apocalypse affect the lives of people who have long been accustomed to the poverty, suffering, disease, and death that comes with daily life in these countries? Would it make life harder for these people by introducing flesh eating monsters into the mix, or could such a virus actually improve their lives by liberating the people from the regular threat posed by dangerous warlords, ruthless soldiers, and oppressive, corrupted governments?

• Interesting point.

I think it's complicated. She was the deauteragonist, as well as the element that drove the entire plot, so I'd say that she's even more imp

• Eleanor best homegirl, no doubt. ;)

Ch'yeah. :lol:

Can't see the image, babe.

Yes, but I was referring to male protagonists. It's would be a good thing. I know that fans don't appreciate platonic relationships between guys and girls and ship everything... I love Lee and Lilly's relationship though.

Agreed.

Also, I just realized I didn't finish that sentence. Ah well.

Fangirl101 posted: »

That would've been neat and unorthodox, yes.. Eleanor best homegirl, no doubt. But of course! True. Even thou

• Do you think Ava's one-off stutter in Part 2 was meant to be an intentional tic or simply a very welltimed-error?

• edited September 2017

Probably just an error. It never showed up again.

Do you think Ava's one-off stutter in Part 2 was meant to be an intentional tic or simply a very welltimed-error?

• edited September 2017

Yeah, most likely. Still, I thought it was/could've-been another cute quirk about her character back then.

Probably just an error. It never showed up again.

• I am not the only one who noticed her stuttering, yay! I thought it was cute, honestly. :3

It's most likely an error, though.

Do you think Ava's one-off stutter in Part 2 was meant to be an intentional tic or simply a very welltimed-error?

• Fuck em!

:D Easy to say, heh?
    Your friend "Shoula" gave me a hard time in the Character Design thread... I was not up for an argument.

True enough. I didn't even know that's what she was from.

Yeah, there are all of these avatar sections. It's a very good game, you should give it a try. I started playing Tales From The Borderlands recently and it's fantastic!

:p I was looking through them and just decided to change while I was there.

Uhuh. Well, I've seen you with avatars that are not from the settings so if you want a Gabe avatar, this one is good:

Honestly, I like the Eleanor one the most, but I know I am going to get a lot of shit for having it as a profile pic. Fuck em!

• Can't see the image, babe.

First you cheat on me and now I am a babe again! :triumph:

Anyway, I can perfectly see it. Oh well, here is it.

Also, I just realized I didn't finish that sentence. Ah well.

Finish it, then! :grin:

Eleanor best homegirl, no doubt. Ch'yeah. enter image description here Can't see the image, babe. Yes, but I w

• . @Graysonn, @Deltino, @Dont_Look_Back and other game delvers: Are there any unused lines of dialogue from Gabe or Ava in Thicker than Water that I'd be interested in?

• No not really. Most of the deleted stuff was with Joan and Eleanor.

. @Graysonn, @Deltino, @Dont_Look_Back and other game delvers: Are there any unused lines of dialogue from Gabe or Ava in Thicker than Water that I'd be interested in?

• Okay, thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

No not really. Most of the deleted stuff was with Joan and Eleanor.

• What would Kenny have thought about Javi, Kate, Gabe, and David

• You know, I normally kinda opt out on questions like this, but I actually have an idea for once:

He might at least appreciate Javier for taking care of David's family all those years.

Not sure if he'd really pay Kate any mind since she's pretty democratic, soft-spoken, and usually gentle about her thoughts all things considered, not to mention that she's not around in the game proper that much to really have a chance to gauge his attention either way.

And of course, I think he'd actually like Gabe and David, separating Clementine from AJ notwithstanding.

What would Kenny have thought about Javi, Kate, Gabe, and David

• Which type of character do you think will be the first person Clementine encounters in The Final Season?

• Trippy weirded out loner chick near Clem's age

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Which type of character do you think will be the first person Clementine encounters in The Final Season?

• I never knew I wanted to see this until now! :joy:

Kinda sounds like a very unorthodox fusion of Sarah and Jane, among other things.

Trippy weirded out loner chick near Clem's age

• Think eyes... BIG BIG eyes.

I never knew I wanted to see this until now! Kinda sounds like a very unorthodox fusion of Sarah and Jane, among other things.

• Exactly. :lol:

Think eyes... BIG BIG eyes.

• An anxious dude who survived Richmond when the herd broke through.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Which type of character do you think will be the first person Clementine encounters in The Final Season?

• What would you suggest me to do if TWD Season 4 comes out in the first half of year? Focus on my last High School grade or play the game during that time?

• "Downer dad" returns lol

An anxious dude who survived Richmond when the herd broke through.

• Its possible to do both. One college semester I HAD to pass Italian and I was horrible at it, plus I had to wait for GoT episode 6 the whole time.

AronDracula posted: »

What would you suggest me to do if TWD Season 4 comes out in the first half of year? Focus on my last High School grade or play the game during that time?

• edited September 2017

Some people like Oak and Brie got lucky and stumbled upon places with tons of food. Other people like Brenda and Joan used violence and manipulation to stay better fed than most.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.