Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I know right, most of the people just talk bad about Chloe because they don't like her.
    Thanks AgentZ46

AgentZ46 posted: »

You're seriously going to judge a character for something the player chooses to do?

• edited September 2017

Well in the original LiS Chloe was willing to steal money from Blackwell's handicapped fund, so I'd say non playable Chloe is much worse.

You're seriously going to judge a character for something the player chooses to do?

• Remember she stole like $5.000

I do now, it seems she's a natural thief...

Also, just cause she stole more, doesn't mean her stealing a considerably lesser amount makes it any better. She's an abhorrent little shit-stain.

...for stealing a shirt? That was totally optional the player would be the asshole in any case. Blue Chloe was worse. Remember she stole

• She has the capacity for it obviously...

As we all saw in LiS when she wants to, again, rob a large sum of money from the less fortunate.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2017

It's not that far-fetched. This option is presented as a choice, but in the context of Chloe's character, it's something that she not only has the capacity to do, but something she would consider a viable course of action, despite it being... well, kinda shitty.

It isn't the case of a game where you have full, free choice over what you do like GTA (where your actions sometimes end up contradicting with the personality of the character you're playing as), it's a game that follows a linear enough narrative, and thus the framework and arcs for the player character are more or less predetermined; the choices being presented to players are not simply choices on what to do-- they're choices that the main character themselves would consider doing. The choice isn't being given arbitrarily, like having a 'good guy' character suddenly be given an out-of-character choice to nuke a city or not.

So I do believe judging the character, even in spite of it being a player choice, is justified to some degree. The choice existing implies that Chloe is actively considering it, and that she doesn't have much qualms about it beyond "what if someone sees me?" And that lack of a moral compass/integrity (or to some people, the hypocrisy and lack of common sense) can be more than enough to sour a person's view on her character as a result. And that's made even worse for someone that played the first game, and already have a relatively negative opinion of her character going into BtS.

• Well, duh. You don't talk wonders about s character you hate.

MegaXD posted: »

I know right, most of the people just talk bad about Chloe because they don't like her. Thanks AgentZ46

• I do notice that in the alternate time line where she is crippled...the school refused to install ramps...probably a bit of karma.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Well in the original LiS Chloe was willing to steal money from Blackwell's handicapped fund, so I'd say non playable Chloe is much worse.

• And Max has the capacity to shoot a man, nobody judges her for that. Clementine has the capacity to watch a man get beaten to death, Batman has the capacity to impale a man. I could go on, these are all things the player chooses to make the characters do so I just find it a bit illogical to hate on Chloe for this.

She has the capacity for it obviously... As we all saw in LiS when she wants to, again, rob a large sum of money from the less fortunate.

• Chloe is not a saint...that is for sure. She has the capacity to do good and do bad...so it depends on how you want your Chloe to be. I did one where she stole nothing...such a delightful person....I did another where she stole the cash the shirt and got the weed.

Deltino posted: »

It's not that far-fetched. This option is presented as a choice, but in the context of Chloe's character, it's something that she not only h

• In Max's defence, she could rewind time and fix it if she wanted to. Plus she clearly felt bad for it later.

And Max has the capacity to shoot a man, nobody judges her for that. Clementine has the capacity to watch a man get beaten to death, Batman

• So what? Blame the player for a choice the game openly allows you take as the character? That's some next level denial of any blame placed on the character itself... Which the more I think about it, I feel as though it's a strategy people use in place of criticizing any part of the blame on the character's capacity to weigh the choice itself...

Chloe certainly has no choice to get off her whining ass and get a job, no choice for her character to ever stop mopping about how the universe treats her unfairly, no choice in regard to who she romances... You know why? Cause it's completely superfluous and doesn't really matter. Her character IS a thief, she IS a lazy twat with no comprehension of other people's feelings when acting like a cunt, and IS not someone who exactly deserves any empathy.

And Max has the capacity to shoot a man, nobody judges her for that. Clementine has the capacity to watch a man get beaten to death, Batman

• Though, I found it weird how Max pretty much tells Chloe to "move on", when she is traumatized in the scenario where she kills Frank and Pompidou.

In Max's defence, she could rewind time and fix it if she wanted to. Plus she clearly felt bad for it later.

• I know, Max is a bitch. Specially for no rewinding and saving them. That shouldn't even be a choice, she should to it anyways for the sake of her character. I let them die in my second playthough to see what would happen and it was total shit. Chloe totally understood how fucked up was what she did and accepted her fate. Instead of providing her support, Max was like "move on we need to find rachel wowowo".

Fuck Max.

MichaelBP posted: »

Though, I found it weird how Max pretty much tells Chloe to "move on", when she is traumatized in the scenario where she kills Frank and Pompidou.

• You can rewind that.

I know, Max is a bitch. Specially for no rewinding and saving them. That shouldn't even be a choice, she should to it anyways for the sake o

• I'm not in denial. I'm perfectly aware Chloe is no saint and that at times she can be selfish and seem to lack a moral code. I myself chose to steal the money. Not because I thought it was okay but because I felt that it's what Chloe would do. Plus it's kinda fun to be able to play the bad girl for a change. Though I don't believe she's the terrible person you're making her out to be.

So what? Blame the player for a choice the game openly allows you take as the character? That's some next level denial of any blame placed o

• edited September 2017

Though I don't believe she's the terrible person you're making her out to be.

Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely selling merchandise for a band to support their venues while also possibly severely damaging his car in the process in order to buy pot from a drug dealer is not terrible?

it was okay but because I felt that it's what Chloe would do.

I don't disagree with that one... Not at all. She very well would do something sleazy like that. Which is why it's made an option in the game.

Plus it's kinda fun to be able to play the bad girl for a change.

I disagree. I think it'd be a lot more fun to play the relatable girl who isn't a complete cunt.

I'm not in denial. I'm perfectly aware Chloe is no saint and that at times she can be selfish and seem to lack a moral code. I myself chose

• I can see you're not interested in an actual discussion and that you're just going to keep ranting about Chloe in the most disgusting way possible so I'm not going to waste my time.

Though I don't believe she's the terrible person you're making her out to be. Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely

• hey guys what are your Top 3 on ships?

• Facts can be denied, but they can't be avoided. ;)

I can see you're not interested in an actual discussion and that you're just going to keep ranting about Chloe in the most disgusting way possible so I'm not going to waste my time.

• Hmm, let's see... in no particular order:

1. Rachel x Jeffershit
    2. Ruth x James Amber
    3. Frank x Beans (okay, this one is actually good >>)

Alright, actual top 3, once again in no particular order:

1. Pricefield
    2. Marshfield
    3. Warren x the Friendzone (Actually unsure of what put as 3)

A special mention to some brOTPS like Steph and Mikey, and even Nathan and Victoria.

hey guys what are your Top 3 on ships?

• nice!

Hmm, let's see... in no particular order: * Rachel x Jeffershit * Ruth x James Amber * Frank x Beans (okay, this one is actually good

• edited September 2017

Some great roleplay has come out of people making characters they don't relate to.

I have Batman Arkham series, I like the Batman as character in them, but I don't personally relate to idea of being vigilante who dresses like a bat.

I like the Joker, yet in real life I would want such person to be in a jail. It's fiction so let go of your "standards" you enforce in real world and play the game.

I have run plenty of people over across various driving games, yet I don't do that in real life and don't condone such stuff.

Though I don't believe she's the terrible person you're making her out to be. Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely

• I have three categories of ships, the "Cute and fluffy ship", "Fucking hilarious ship" and "Badass renegade family ship" so here is mine:

1. Cute and Fluffy: Marshfield. Hands down. This is just the sweetest thing ever. I must admit, sometimes I read fanfiction of this when I'm feeling low to warm up my heart (i'm so lonely)
    2. Fucking Hilarious:Chaseprice. Or Pricechase, I don't know. I imagine them as fuck buddies without the buddies part, and later one day one of them is ju crying in her sleep and the other one awkardly comforts her or something and I think that Victoria may be bisexual so it could happen!
    3. Badass Renegade Family: Amberscott. I really, really like this one. Before BTS was announced, I had this headcanon that Nathan's bio mother had killed herself because of the stress that having a child that would constantly talk about storms and dead girls caused her qhen he was very little, and Rachel Amber's mother didn't want to take much care of her, because she terrified with her visions about the future. And her father, not wanting to leae her alone, would take her to his work that, according to my imagination, was in a cementery. So Rachel grew up in a cementery just reviving the past of people (remember Bioshock's ghosts?) for fun or sneaking out into the forest. And Nathan and Rachel met some day and became best friends and experimented with their powers and talked about running away to an alternative timeline and they built their home in a cementery and Rachel had this intense fear of magpies and would kill them all the time and they made little graveyard for magpies with crosses made of branches and were like brother and sister and then fell in love or some shit. jsfbjsqkdgnljbqñfqhblugvbqljkfhnql then Rachel kindof dragged Nathan into the Dark Room and they both died horribly and i'm actually writing a fanfic about this one.

• In lieu of posting a long retort, Adam sums up your argument very well in this short comprehensive video.

"Character's doesn't have to be likeable to be appealing..." But, they do need to inhibit some kind of complexity if they are to be empathizing with many people... I can not relate to someone who acts one way almost the ENTIRE game and without any provocation, she mistreats her mom, her step-dad, her peers at school, strangers at venues she's snuck out to see cause "fuck rules lol 420", and mistreats anyone she deems isn't up to her caliber.

That's okay in-and-of-itself, but to have her written as relatable as an avatar for people to flaunt over is troubling cause she's an asshole and the material doesn't treat her with any self-awareness. She's "cool rebellious" and nothing else and it's VERY boring and uninteresting to people like me who actually want some depth to a character.

Clord posted: »

Some great roleplay has come out of people making characters they don't relate to. I have Batman Arkham series, I like the Batman as char

• I did think of an alternative for Warren. Warren x Eliot, at least as a brOtP. They could bond over getting their hearts stomped on by Max and Chloe respectively (at least in my playthroughs).
    Otherwise the first 2 are what immediately popped up in my head. Chloe x Steph might be one that'd work. She was pretty quick to ask Chloe to play DnD with them, once she knew Chloe wasn't dating Rachel.
    Amberprice I have some mixed feelings about.

nice!

• enter image description here

And that sounds like a pretty interesting idea for a story actually.

I have three categories of ships, the "Cute and fluffy ship", "Fucking hilarious ship" and "Badass renegade family ship" so here is mine:

• edited September 2017

:) [X]

And that sounds like a pretty interesting idea for a story actually.

• Yeah, I'm currently trying to make Chloe and Steph hook up in my gameplay :P

Warren? Idk he's like 13 years old now.

What's up with Amberprice?

I did think of an alternative for Warren. Warren x Eliot, at least as a brOtP. They could bond over getting their hearts stomped on by Max a

• Well, I mostly ship Pricefield, so that'd be #1 on my list. Those two kids are nuts for each other.
    At #2, for the prequel, Amberprice.
    And at #3, Brooke x Warren.

That's my top three ships.

• Ruth x James Amber

Whoa, wait, time out. Those are the names of Mr. Amber and his girlfriend?

Hmm, let's see... in no particular order: * Rachel x Jeffershit * Ruth x James Amber * Frank x Beans (okay, this one is actually good

• enter image description here

she has a dragon necklace and is a fuckig nerd so i love her

• yes. they were found in the files.

Ruth x James Amber Whoa, wait, time out. Those are the names of Mr. Amber and his girlfriend?

• Honestly, it'd be nice if we were given the option :P

Should've specified Warren from 3 years later... admittedly he's still the youngest of the cast even then. And who knows what happened to Eliot by then (or Steph, Mikey and Samantha, since they weren't at Chloe's funeral).

It's more of the knowledge of what we know in s1, with Rachel dating Frank and later Jeffershit behind Chloe's back. As much as I like the interactions between the two, that info still hangs over my head. I guess she at least does care for Chloe, considering the letter she tried to write, regarding her hook up with Jeffershit, but threw in the trash because she worried for Chloe and what she might do (things like Chloe saying Rachel saved her and the "I want to die" note would imply she's suicidal, I think, and that could push her over the edge).

Yeah, I'm currently trying to make Chloe and Steph hook up in my gameplay :P Warren? Idk he's like 13 years old now. What's up with Amberprice?

• And who knows what happened to Eliot by then (or Steph, Mikey and Samantha, since they weren't at Chloe's funeral).

My take is that they became monster hunters in the forests of Arcadia Bay after one of them was murdered by a Wendigo and they're either livig in the forest looking for it or in a big city as proffessional monster huters and making a lot of money selling dragon theet or the Wedigo killed them in a horrible way. Maybe Jeffershit helped him.

It's more of the knowledge of what we know in s1, with Rachel dating Frank and later Jeffershit behind Chloe's back. As much as I like the interactions between the two, that info still hangs over my head. I guess she at least does care for Chloe, considering the letter she tried to write, regarding her hook up with Jeffershit, but threw in the trash because she worried for Chloe and what she might do (things like Chloe saying Rachel saved her and the "I want to die" note would imply she's suicidal, I think, and that could push her over the edge).

yeah, that has always bothered me too.

Honestly, it'd be nice if we were given the option :P Should've specified Warren from 3 years later... admittedly he's still the youngest

• Yeah, this is actually what's going to happen in episode 2.

enter image description here

• i love this

Yeah, this is actually what's going to happen in episode 2.

• edited September 2017

found this:

at 4:44 Rachel says this very weird shit... "i can't... i can't..." she sounded so broken... she can't what? Befriend Chloe? I don't think she says that in the other outcomes... weird.

(plus that awkard moment in which chloe put THE FUCKING RACHEL AMBER in the friendzone)

• Out of the 4 I'm not sure who'd die first. Probably Mikey or Samantha tbh.
    After 2 & 1/2 yesrs of hunting down the Wendigo, Jeffershit shows up and offers to help them, possessing valuable information as to where it resides. Of course they're gullible enough to trust him, who wouldn't trust this face?
    Long story short, he tricks them, when their backs are turned to him, he pulls out his pistol and activates bullet time mode and shoots them before they can react.
    The wendigo shows up to collect his food, but not before giving Jeffershit a high five.
    Only a wendigo vould be Mark Jeffershit's BFF.

yeah, that has always bothered me too.

I guess episodes 2-3 could always give some insight as to how Rachel ended up in a relationship with Frank.

And who knows what happened to Eliot by then (or Steph, Mikey and Samantha, since they weren't at Chloe's funeral). My take is that

Sign in to comment in this discussion.