Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I almost want this to happen, it'd be hilarious.
    Rachel should focus on the positive. A lot of knobcone pine cones will opren thanks to her.

i love this

• enter image description here

We should make a videogame! It will be called Life Is Strange: The return of the Wendigo!

MichaelBP posted: »

Out of the 4 I'm not sure who'd die first. Probably Mikey or Samantha tbh. After 2 & 1/2 yesrs of hunting down the Wendigo, Jeffershit

• Actually she is aware of her issues...in her journal there are several times that she expresses self doubt and loathing...but also the urge to strike out. But I know that some people are unable to read....like Adam...or deliberately miss references or just do not give a shit so they can make a youtube video and get there views.

In lieu of posting a long retort, Adam sums up your argument very well in this short comprehensive video. "Character's doesn't have to be

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2017

Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely selling merchandise for a band to support their venues while also possibly severely damaging his car in the process in order to buy pot from a drug dealer is not terrible?

I'm not going to defend Chloe here at all, but you don't need to buy the drugs, you can keep the money or later slip it into Joyce's (her mother's) purse since she's fallen on hard times. It's not right at all, and very dickish, but at least you can try to be somewhat nice with it.

Though I don't believe she's the terrible person you're making her out to be. Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely

• None, shipping is terrible.

hey guys what are your Top 3 on ships?

• It's an idea that should be pitched to Deck Nine/Square Enix. A perfect way to tie up some loose ends. Plus, deep down Steph and Mikey might always have known they'd die at the hands of a DnD monster.

We should make a videogame! It will be called Life Is Strange: The return of the Wendigo!

• Rachel got so spooked she turned into a Meeseeks

Yeah, this is actually what's going to happen in episode 2.

• So now being defensive and saying others can't read is the reason for other's very rational unfavorable reactions to a shit character?

Very well constructed arguments.

Also, he read through those awfully written entries and was, much like everything else presented in the game, laughing at how poor it was delivered.

Actually she is aware of her issues...in her journal there are several times that she expresses self doubt and loathing...but also the urge

• Still an awful action to preform.

dojo32161 posted: »

Stealing money from a person who was more-than-likely selling merchandise for a band to support their venues while also possibly severely da

• Of course they knew! They may look like Simple Kind but their obsession with monsters screams Crooked Kind, as Crooked as Max or Rachel. They could see the future and knew all along that to save Rachel Amber they would have to sacrifice themselves.

It's an idea that should be pitched to Deck Nine/Square Enix. A perfect way to tie up some loose ends. Plus, deep down Steph and Mikey might always have known they'd die at the hands of a DnD monster.

• Come to the dark side, Dojo! We have cookies!

dojo32161 posted: »

None, shipping is terrible.

• You are adorable...you really are.

So now being defensive and saying others can't read is the reason for other's very rational unfavorable reactions to a shit character? Ve

• edited September 2017

enter image description here

• Okay if you open Chloe's journal when she's in her second dream with her father you'll find this creepy af drawing where the 18 years old version of Max is dead in the tree where Rachel's father kissed Ruth ( his lover ) and Rachel burned... Then you'll receive scary messages from Max ( the 15 years old Max ) and Chloe's mom.
    This scared me a lot. There's a message behind this I'm sure.
    Imagine as if it is an aftermath of the bay ending from the original game, Max just couldn't handle it no more 0_0 pretty good theory in my opinion.

• Yeah, awful... I'm curious how you feel about Max, then.
    Given she has the capacity to murder an entire town, even after Chloe implores Max to sacrifice her to save everyone.

Still an awful action to preform.

• Well, let's not forget Max can murder her best friend, and then rewind time to negate ever doing it in the first place... Potentially for sick thrills.

Max is a shitheel too.

Yeah, awful... I'm curious how you feel about Max, then. Given she has the capacity to murder an entire town, even after Chloe implores Max to sacrifice her to save everyone.

• edited September 2017

Refer back to my previous comment.

being defensive

It's cool if you yourself can't come up with any fair assessments or argumentative points to back up your flimsy claims of Chloe being relatable beyond "read the supplementary material not directly associated with what is being brought up." Comes with the territory of enjoying such a puerile slopterpiece like Life is Strange I guess...

You are adorable...you really are.

• edited September 2017

To be honest, having that one guy who sells people pirated stuff on campus means whoever wrote the story has paid attention to details.

Heck, I knew a guy in some school here in Europe who traded Pokemon cards for profit. He traded cards with kids with a big "pouch" and then his brother on other school sold valuable cards to other people.

Meanwhile Dontnod has "By Neptune's beard."

• Troll, I do not have to...because I already did, a few pages back...and shut you down....but you are back with the same video...you are like a scratched record that keeps repeating itself. You do not like the game....well that is fine...perhaps you can go troll in another topic because you add nothing here.

Refer back to my previous comment. being defensive It's cool if you yourself can't come up with any fair assessments or argume

• "i can't... i can't..." she sounded so broken... she can't what? Befriend Chloe?

She can't say what her problem was at that very moment.

found this: at 4:44 Rachel says this very weird shit... "i can't... i can't..." she sounded so broken... she can't what? Befriend Chl

• I know. I just found it strange that it only happened with certain outcomes. Plus, the way she says it sounds weird

"i can't... i can't..." she sounded so broken... she can't what? Befriend Chloe? She can't say what her problem was at that very moment.

• edited September 2017

I actually think the Raven is Max or something and this timeline is a product of Max fucking with time even more.

MegaXD posted: »

Okay if you open Chloe's journal when she's in her second dream with her father you'll find this creepy af drawing where the 18 years old ve

• What are you on about?

This is the first time I've said anything about how detestable Chloe's actions are in Before the Dank, and rather than receiving any respectful argumentative points countering my own views, I get lambasted and implied that if people don't enjoy such a flat boring character, it must be because people's reading skills are less-than-quality enough to enjoy the piss-poor writing.

You do not like the game....well that is fine...

Obviously not, cause presenting one thought about a characters' condemnable actions has drawn out extremely defensive, overly emotional responses from people who can't so much as listen to others' personal opinions of a fictional shitty video game written by a small team of out-of-touch amateur writers.

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

Troll, I do not have to...because I already did, a few pages back...and shut you down....but you are back with the same video...you are like

• Oh sure...she does some bad things....she does some good things...people are like that. Just like how Kenny beat carver to death when it would have been faster to just outright kill him. Just like Lee killed the man banging his wife....or how Lilly killed Carley in a moment of anger and paranoia...just like how Joel basically screwed the human race over to save one kid.

If you are going to get hung up on shit like that, well perhaps you need to grow up. No one is claiming that she is a saint...she has issues and probably needed some time in jail. People do go on downward spirals and do bad things. But bad things are not all that define most people and they do not define Chloe as a whole. She does good as well as bad. She does things because she sees it as a way of striking back at fate...it is a call for help. Her problem is that she is still a 14 year old trapped in her 16 year old self...she can not and will not let go of the tragedy that has befallen her.

The things she does, sure they are shitty. And while it seems small potatoes in the way that she helps people..as in standing up to bullies or pointing out the hypocrisy that happens. They all add to her character. So yes you can fixate and say...holy fuck...they put in an option to steal money...THAT IS EVIL=Chloe is the devil and is Hella bad. That is just a dishonest view. Because she is not a flat boring character as you put it.

She is a well developed one with issues that do not make her easily categorized into good or bad.

What are you on about? This is the first time I've said anything about how detestable Chloe's actions are in Before the Dank, and rather

• This is my issue, "people do bad things, and good things." Yes, but a character's actions are presented as well, and that's what I'm talking about.

And self-awareness of the content of the character is crucial, Chloe is not treated the same way someone like Casper is from Kids, another sickening deplorable character who acts out on inhibitions and pays the ultimate price for it as a result.

The subject matter is what set a lot of troubled adolescent films and games with a degree of caliber beyond just merely relating to someone. But this isn't a comparison. Kids is a far more grotesque film, bitter in it's goals.

LiS is trying to get me to empathize with Chloe, the best way for that to happen is not have her acting out and constantly whining about toolboxes and how people were assholes for "too high prices" when she's the one presented with an action to steal money from them not only 10 seconds later.

Context is just as important, if not more so than the content of a character's actions.

Oh sure...she does some bad things....she does some good things...people are like that. Just like how Kenny beat carver to death when it wo

• edited September 2017

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

Remember, Chole is a real life individual and not an unlikeable fictional teenager written by ametuer writers.

So, of course using "edgy language" to describe a fictiona....I'm sorry...real life individual is going to set people off.

Blegh.

What are you on about? This is the first time I've said anything about how detestable Chloe's actions are in Before the Dank, and rather

• edited September 2017

This is fine...I guess.

I see the appeal and it's disconcerting honestly.

• This is the most useless discussion I've ever seen. Fighting over a fictional character and with someone who clearly hates LIS and hates Chloe and will not change his/her opinion no matter how much you defend Chloe.

Well, let's not forget Max can murder her best friend, and then rewind time to negate ever doing it in the first place... Potentially for sick thrills. Max is a shitheel too.

• Good counterpoint, captain obvious.

Perhaps trying to debate rather than sulking would be better?

MegaXD posted: »

This is the most useless discussion I've ever seen. Fighting over a fictional character and with someone who clearly hates LIS and hates Chloe and will not change his/her opinion no matter how much you defend Chloe.

• edited September 2017

That's what people's mindsets seem to be at times...

Who would have thought that presenting a relatively short comment about a character's action would insight so much backlash?

J-Master posted: »

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves. Remember, Chole is a real life individual and not an unlikeable fictional tee

• Even if she physically 'can', when does she ever do that in the game?
    'Potential' motivation is irrelevant without evidence of intent, so any sick thrills would be your own.
    Sounds like you generally just hate everybody.

Well, let's not forget Max can murder her best friend, and then rewind time to negate ever doing it in the first place... Potentially for sick thrills. Max is a shitheel too.

• Sounds like you generally just hate everybody.

I tend to dislike shittily written characters, yes.

Hardly my fault that these kinds of games are awfully written.

Even if she physically 'can', when does she ever do that in the game? 'Potential' motivation is irrelevant without evidence of intent, so any sick thrills would be your own. Sounds like you generally just hate everybody.

• If only Jeffersshit hadn't screwed things up. Steph, Mikey, Samantha and Eliot all had to die in very specific, convoluted ways for it to work. Instead, it backfired and Rachel is now forced to roam the Earth as a ghost doez and the only living person who can even see her is Max.

Of course they knew! They may look like Simple Kind but their obsession with monsters screams Crooked Kind, as Crooked as Max or Rachel. They could see the future and knew all along that to save Rachel Amber they would have to sacrifice themselves.

• No, I mean 'everybody', including yourself.

Sounds like you generally just hate everybody. I tend to dislike shittily written characters, yes. Hardly my fault that these kinds of games are awfully written.

• edited September 2017

[removed]

No, I mean 'everybody', including yourself.

• You can separate fiction from reality, right?

Of course you can, right?

So why are you arguing over it so much? There are plenty of bad real people to worry about.

• I was only making an observation.

Didn't know it would work so many people up.

Clord posted: »

You can separate fiction from reality, right? Of course you can, right? So why are you arguing over it so much? There are plenty of bad real people to worry about.

• Stop this nonsense.

No, I mean 'everybody', including yourself.

• " let's do it Chloe. Lets fuck forever " lmaooooo I'm dead

Sign in to comment in this discussion.