The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• @Fangirl101 I doubt it, honestly.

Ok.
    The reason I ask, along with the seemingly obvious retcon, was because of the calender in the Van.

Melton23 posted: »

Nope

• ... There was a calendar in the van? I remember only a table with the duties.
    I've always had a headcanon about Kate being in charge of a calendar, though.

DabigRG posted: »

@Fangirl101 I doubt it, honestly. Ok. The reason I ask, along with the seemingly obvious retcon, was because of the calender in the Van.

• Like @Fangirl101 said, I only remember the table of chores for everyone to do

@Fangirl101 I doubt it, honestly. Ok. The reason I ask, along with the seemingly obvious retcon, was because of the calender in the Van.

• edited February 2018

@Melton23 Like @Fangirl101 said, I only remember the table of chores for everyone to do

enter image description here

Fangirl101 posted: »

... There was a calendar in the van? I remember only a table with the duties. I've always had a headcanon about Kate being in charge of a calendar, though.

• It could indicate anything really

@Melton23 Like @Fangirl101 said, I only remember the table of chores for everyone to do

• I know. And in hindsight, I was remembering that there was a special day that had already passed.

Melton23 posted: »

It could indicate anything really

• You know at some point, you have to ask yourself: with so many "Reflections of past drafts" still remaining, can it even be called a "final product?"

also, got a pic with the shades?

Yeah, I know. That's what I meant. He doesn't even seem angry or aggressive, he's just there. I know, I know. It just feels like there sh

• edited February 2018

I've asked this once before, but don't recall getting an answer.
    When Walter makes his "optimistic/postive/hopeful" speech to Clem outside the ski lodge in A House Divided, Clem can respond "positively" and say he's right. Except I seem to recall her actually smiling when she says it the first few times I played it. Now she seems forlorn, frowning and and like she's lying to him and her self when she agrees with him. Totally half-hearted, or not believing Walter's optimistic words at all.
    So.
    1. Am I misremembering the scene?
    2. Is there some sort of running change?
    3. Or, and this is the thing I'm really wondering here: was there an intention to have Clem have alternate takes and emotions for different lines based on certain choices? Did I do something earlier that made that change from her responding positively to her responding sadly?
    There's a few other instances of Characters having alternate takes of identical lines in the games, at least from what I heard, but usually those are the NPCs. And usually those don't completely change facial emotions too.

Sounds crazy but I swear I'm not misremembering, but can anyone help me out? Some super fanatic of the game? There would have to be coding for it in the game like "clemagreesad" and "clemagreehopeful" or something like that. From what little I understand, admittedly.

• You know at some point, you have to ask yourself: with so many "Reflections of past drafts" still remaining, can it even be called a "final product?"

In terms of production vs release, yes. Whether the game is finished or not.

also, got a pic with the shades?

Louche posted: »

You know at some point, you have to ask yourself: with so many "Reflections of past drafts" still remaining, can it even be called a "final product?" also, got a pic with the shades?

• "Remember the last time we had a working car and sat on our asses, Clem?"

What was he referencing here?

• The RV from Season 1.

"Remember the last time we had a working car and sat on our asses, Clem?" What was he referencing here?

• Is that a reference to Lily determinately leaving in it? Cause that happened hours after they had left and it partially his fault anyway.

The RV from Season 1.

• I think so...? He probably says the line no matter what, though.

Is that a reference to Lily determinately leaving in it? Cause that happened hours after they had left and it partially his fault anyway.

• Cool, I guess. What do they mean by "some interesting info"

You know at some point, you have to ask yourself: with so many "Reflections of past drafts" still remaining, can it even be called a "final

• No, Kenny is saying if they had left in the RV before the bandits attacked things might have gone a lot better.

Is that a reference to Lily determinately leaving in it? Cause that happened hours after they had left and it partially his fault anyway.

• I think he was referring to him originally having Rufus's role in Part 1.

Cool, I guess. What do they mean by "some interesting info"

• edited February 2018

Apart from Clementine finding AJ, what do you think the storyline will be for The Final Season? Maybe Clementine gets captured by a religious cult? Now that would be cool!

• Isn't that essentially what the New Frontier were anyway, minus the religion?

Apart from Clementine finding AJ, what do you think the storyline will be for The Final Season? Maybe Clementine gets captured by a religious cult? Now that would be cool!

• right, so wait, what happened to mariana originally?

I think he was referring to him originally having Rufus's role in Part 1.

• edited February 2018

Just conjecture on my part, but I thought it'd be cruel irony if the bullet Javier unintentionally used to wound Lonnie ended up striking Mariana and she ended up wandering off before dying.

Regardless, she'd end up getting separated from the other two at some point, much like in the game proper. Unfortunately, Javier would come across her walker after returning to the junkyard and has to deal with her.
    This was allegedly a completely animated scene that the developers decided against in favor of what we got for the most part.(Which I suspected way back may have been the intention of the random New Frontier member if you stayed with Clementine.)

right, so wait, what happened to mariana originally?

• I forget if I ever brought this up here or not, but do you think Shades-Chick may be a holdover from an unused development regarding Grace Garcia?

• It is possible. Probably Kate was going to have a different role in the story.

I forget if I ever brought this up here or not, but do you think Shades-Chick may be a holdover from an unused development regarding Grace Garcia?

• I've always been curious - how did people start shipping Original!Javier and Samantha from the Michonne DLC?

• Probably due to vaguely similar appearances and assumed similarities, ala Luke and Jane.

I've always been curious - how did people start shipping Original!Javier and Samantha from the Michonne DLC?

• Interesting...

Probably due to vaguely similar appearances and assumed similarities, ala Luke and Jane.

• I guess. Of course, now we know they have relatively little in common personality-wise I think.

Interesting...

• Yeah, but it's a kinda weird reason to ship them.
    Back when Javier was announced in June/July(?) we knew nothing about his personality. {He was really cool in the teaser, in my opinion}

I guess. Of course, now we know they have relatively little in common personality-wise I think.

• Eh, preemptive fascination of something they're anticipating.
    Nothing truly unusual there. Ain't that right, Ava?

And let's be honest, people will ship just about anything these days.

Yeah, but it's a kinda weird reason to ship them. Back when Javier was announced in June/July(?) we knew nothing about his personality. {He was really cool in the teaser, in my opinion}

• Oh, so is this the shadowed guy from the DLC?

• edited February 2018

Okay, so I was scrolling through the Road to Survival Characters looking for a specific character I came across again and I couldn't help but notice she's not the only one seemingly designed after a Telltale Character.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Okay, wtf?
    enter image description here enter image description here

• Oh yes, you liked Ava even though you knew nothing about her back then. :smirk:

Yeah, I guess. I like shipping, but there are people who go too far.

Eh, preemptive fascination of something they're anticipating. Nothing truly unusual there. Ain't that right, Ava? And let's be honest, people will ship just about anything these days.

• Why are there still no Season 2 characters in Road to Survival?

• Who is the character you came across?
    Have they finally added Doug, btw? :(

Okay, so I was scrolling through the Road to Survival Characters looking for a specific character I came across again and I couldn't help bu

• edited February 2018

Who is the character you came across?

The one I used in a meme one time. Let's call her Our Friendly Neighborhood Punk!Sarah!

Have they finally added Doug, btw? :(

Nope, still no Doug.

Who is the character you came across? Have they finally added Doug, btw?

• That game is not canon if you wanted to know (but i'm sure you already knew that).

Why are there still no Season 2 characters in Road to Survival?

• That game is not canon if you wanted to know

iFoRias posted: »

That game is not canon if you wanted to know (but i'm sure you already knew that).

• Oh, her-- I remember!

Nope, still no Doug.

:(

Who is the character you came across? The one I used in a meme one time. Let's call her Our Friendly Neighborhood Punk!Sarah! Have they finally added Doug, btw? Nope, still no Doug.

• I-I am scared. :fearful:

That game is not canon if you wanted to know

• Those two are from a group called The Whispers from the comics. They wear walker skin to hide from any walkers and to blend in with them. The one to the right is named Alpha, their leader, and the one to left is named Beta.

Okay, so I was scrolling through the Road to Survival Characters looking for a specific character I came across again and I couldn't help bu

• Do you think Episode 401 will be over 2 hours like Telltale’s other recent game premieres?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.