The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I know I've speculated several times on what they were actually feeding the watchdogs, but i highly doubt that the group would chop up their dead friends to serve the purpose. I mean, they were a dark group but surely not that dark...

I know, just spitballin. With a little bit of nausea attached.

I know Clem was young and Christa didn't have a shovel but Christa doesn't seem like someone who would just leave him there like that.

I'm honestly not sure, tbh. I'm mainly just operating on the fact that Christa was a generally practical person and the situation and condition they were in didn't really seem conductive of her breaking from that for more than a minute or two.

I know I've speculated several times on what they were actually feeding the watchdogs, but i highly doubt that the group would chop up their

• A twin brother would be great.

DabigRG posted: »

If Max had a sibling, who would it be? Rufus or Fern?

• Hm...I suppose.

Fangirl101 posted: »

A twin brother would be great.

• @DabigRG, what other Telltale games are you interested in checking out?

• edited March 2018

Well, I bought Batman Season 1 a month or three ago, but had it on the backlog without opening it. And spoiler: another recent game's taking priority after midterms.
    I might eventually get Season 2 afterwards.

Other then those two, I'm not entirely sure since I haven't really been keeping up with everything. I'll have to see a list to pick what sounds interesting.

EDIT: Oh, the Wolf Among Us! I constantly saw/heard good things about that one.

Fangirl101 posted: »

@DabigRG, what other Telltale games are you interested in checking out?

• edited March 2018

I think of giving Batman a try, too.
    People say that the second season is pretty good.

I need to finish Tales From The Borderlands, too. Something I would recommend you to play.

Oh yes, The Wolf Among Us is great! I finished it recently (December last year) and it was an amazing experience! There is something you would really like - Book Of Fables. It's like a character database. There is an entry on each character and it tells us some info about them. :)

Well, I bought Batman Season 1 a month or three ago, but had it on the backlog without opening it. And spoiler: another recent game's taking

• edited March 2018

Okay, so I saw this back when I posted a page or two ago, but I didn't think till just now: You know how there was a video showing off that characters from A New Frontier were gonna be added several months?

Well, I got curious enough while scrollling through the last of characters who appear in the game and noticed that Mariana was once again the odd one out amongst the cast.

Is she actually in the game?

• Okay, this one is purely for the lulz: Look up the meaning/description of a Byronic Hero. And then, once you've absorbed most of that, ask yourself:

Does half of that sound remotely like Kenny?

• How long did Lee survive the apocalypse? It looks to be 3 or 4 months but I could have missed something.

• According to the Wikia's timeline, the outbreak started July 18th and Lee's death was at the very beginning of November.

So if that's accurate, yeah, 3 months and 14/15 days.

mister_sij posted: »

How long did Lee survive the apocalypse? It looks to be 3 or 4 months but I could have missed something.

• Anyone else notice how Javier and Kate seem...smaller with shirts off?

• edited March 2018

If it creates some emotional drama, it's not unnecessary. What do these games have going for them besides that?
    I like the idea that the garcias managed to somehow avoid most of the horrors of the zombie apocalypse in their little van, but eventually it catches up to them in an awful way. Javier could have had some serious development.

what was this? When they learned David's Soldiers and Joan's Representatives were bout to go at it in Kate's hospital room. She remi

• Who actually own the Garcia Van Group's eponymous vehicle?

• If it creates some emotional drama, it's not unnecessary.

Yes, that'd be true. Of course, we were criticizing the fact that there was little to no emotional drama after the initial shock, so....

What do these games have going for them besides that?

Crass and/or dumb humor and The Walking dead license?

I like the idea that the garcias managed to somehow avoid most of the horrors of the zombie apocalypse in their little van, but eventually it catches up to them in an awful way.

Yeah, that is kinda interesting. Though the bullet holes and other modifications to the van indicate that they did encounter some form of trouble at times.

Javier could have had some serious development.

How so?

Louche posted: »

If it creates some emotional drama, it's not unnecessary. What do these games have going for them besides that? I like the idea that the ga

• Hmm, good question. We know that the car that David and Mama took was their father's car. We know that Javi had his own car but had to leave it behind because the highway was backed up for miles. So while it could be Hector's I think it is more likely that it was David and Kate's vehicle.

Who actually own the Garcia Van Group's eponymous vehicle?

• Another question: What da fuck was up with Marianna when they were leaving?

• Good point.

Who's house were they at anyway?

Hmm, good question. We know that the car that David and Mama took was their father's car. We know that Javi had his own car but had to leave

• She was freaking out. Her grandfather just died, came back to life, died again after attacking everyone. The situation was incredibly stressful for the adults, just imagine it if you were a kid.

Another question: What da fuck was up with Marianna when they were leaving?

• Okay, yeah, I get that.

But what was up with it? Why was she under the table? Why was she seemingly refusing the leave the house? And most flummoxing of all, what is the correlation with the rest of her screentime?

She was freaking out. Her grandfather just died, came back to life, died again after attacking everyone. The situation was incredibly stressful for the adults, just imagine it if you were a kid.

• Who knows, maybe being under there in a small space gave her a sense of safety. Maybe she didn't want to leave the house out of a sense of safety, like a sixth sense.

Okay, yeah, I get that. But what was up with it? Why was she under the table? Why was she seemingly refusing the leave the house? And most flummoxing of all, what is the correlation with the rest of her screentime?

• I think it was David's house. Kate complains that he can't afford to buy a dishwasher. And it's often a cultural thing where kids have their parents move in with them once they're grown, especially when money is tight all around.

Good point. Who's house were they at anyway?

• She was terrified - her granfather comes back as a walker and attacks the family. She was scared and hid under the table thinking it was safe. You can't expect a six year old girl to be calm.
    Sarah also didn't want to leave the trailer, remember? I know - different situations, but she was also terrified and shocked.

• enter image description here

Anyone know where this came from?

• little to no emotional drama after the initial shock

I'm trying to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt and assume they INTENDED to handle it well at some point.

How so?

Well, like turning into a total stoic hard-ass. Not the most original thing, but it's something.
    You know, his niece dies in front of him and he brutally murders badger and max and yet he's still acting like a cocky teenager in the next two episodes.

If it creates some emotional drama, it's not unnecessary. Yes, that'd be true. Of course, we were criticizing the fact that there wa

• weh?

• I'm trying to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt and assume they INTENDED to handle it well at some point.

That's fair.

Well, like turning into a total stoic hard-ass. Not the most original thing, but it's something.

Funnily enough, I remember expecting him(and Kate) to be somewhat stoic and even business-like when first revealed.

You know, his niece dies in front of him and he brutally murders badger and max and yet he's still acting like a cocky teenager in the next two episodes.

Does he though? I mostly remember him being calm and direct but supportive most of the time. Or hell, even somewhat contemplative/reflective when talking with Gabe if he went with David's plan.
    Also, Max is determinant.

little to no emotional drama after the initial shock I'm trying to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt and assume they INTENDED t

• When she was hiding under the table and refusing to leave the house.

weh?

• Yeah, that's what I thought.

Otherwise, David doesn't actually have a fuckin house and just lived with their parents the whole time.

I think it was David's house. Kate complains that he can't afford to buy a dishwasher. And it's often a cultural thing where kids have their parents move in with them once they're grown, especially when money is tight all around.

• How much communication, collaboration, and/or other exchange of story information do you think there was between NIck Breckon and Pierre Shorette?

• "NO NO NO!"

Maybe the realization that there was something wrong with her grandad when she thought everything was fine. Traumatized the F*** out of her.

• This.

"NO NO NO!" Maybe the realization that there was something wrong with her grandad when she thought everything was fine. Traumatized the F*** out of her.

• Do you think Danny was the one to make the deal with the Save Lots Bandits?

• Where was the Unfinished House in relation to the Church Town?

• They probably both did, to be honest. The brothers seemed to scout together for safety and probably made the deal while they were out there together. Danny does seem like he was more comfortable and familiar with interacting with them, however.

Do you think Danny was the one to make the deal with the Save Lots Bandits?

• "Very far. Many miles. Much food" speaking Russian

Where was the Unfinished House in relation to the Church Town?

• They probably both did, to be honest. The brothers seemed to scout together for safety and probably made the deal while they were out there together. Danny does seem like he was more comfortable and familiar with interacting with them, however.

Fair point.
    It's just that Danny vaguely seemed to like being in the woods more, knew where to look for one of the Bandits' camps, seemed to genuinely know Jolene, and Andy has a line where he handwaves that by saying that Danny has a habit of talking more than should.

"Very far. Many miles. Much food" speaking Russian

:joy:

They probably both did, to be honest. The brothers seemed to scout together for safety and probably made the deal while they were out there together. Danny does seem like he was more comfortable and familiar with interacting with them, however.

• Who is your favorite Kenny-clone? Or at least(or rather most) vaguely Kenny-type characters?

• What exactly is Tripp?

• Definitely David. He a lot like Kenny would, he had the same sort of arc, and in his onscreen death he gets the death that I always thought Kenny would get.

Who is your favorite Kenny-clone? Or at least(or rather most) vaguely Kenny-type characters?

• edited March 2018

What are the themes/values of each character in ANF's Story Generator?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.