The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Funnily enough, I remember expecting him(and Kate) to be somewhat stoic and even business-like when first revealed.

I stayed away from most of the previews (As I've said before) so I never saw Kate at all. Nor Javier's family. I thought Javier would be like an obnoxious fratboy and maybe have a romance with Clem. I was glad I was wrong. I'm a little soft on Javi because he didn't turn out as bad as I thought he would be.

Does he though? I mostly remember him being calm and direct but supportive most of the time. Or hell, even somewhat contemplative/reflective when talking with Gabe if he went with David's plan.

Meh, not how I remember it. He was a hothead (though not to the extent of David, obviously) and making really dumb jokes like the "fuck you helicopter" bit.

Also, Max is determinant.

And that determines that your Javi will act the exact same after shooting a pleading man in the head?

DabigRG posted: »

I'm trying to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt and assume they INTENDED to handle it well at some point. That's fair. We

• Kids do weird stuff when they're freaked out

When she was hiding under the table and refusing to leave the house.

• I stayed away from most of the previews (As I've said before) so I never saw Kate at all.

It's the cover art of the game. Her pose and hairstyle there gave off a "We mean business" type of vibe.

Except more sternly matter-of-fact and less 90's cheeze-wiz.

I thought Javier would be like an obnoxious fratboy and maybe have a romance with Clem.

Oh gosh, no.

I was glad I was wrong. I'm a little soft on Javi because he didn't turn out as bad as I thought he would be.

Yeah, he's definitely the middle guy amongst the Garcias as far as I'm concerned.
    Like, I see what bits they were going for with him and I like it well enough for what's there, but he's not my favorite.

Meh, not how I remember it. He was a hothead (though not to the extent of David, obviously) and making really dumb jokes like the "fuck you helicopter" bit.

That sounds more like From the Gallows compared to my Thicker than Water. Not quite sure about hotheadedness, but I'm not exactly fond of that episode, so I'll take your word for it.

And that determines that your Javi will act the exact same after shooting a pleading man in the head?

:grimace:

Louche posted: »

Funnily enough, I remember expecting him(and Kate) to be somewhat stoic and even business-like when first revealed. I stayed away fr

• Yeah, guess I can't argue too much with that.

It's just so jarring compared to everything else that they do with her, which is almost entirely after this episode.

Kids do weird stuff when they're freaked out

• Kenny: Honesty, Determination, Family

Luke: Compassion, Cooperation, Trust

Jane: Cunning, Survival, Independence

What are the themes/values of each character in ANF's Story Generator?

• Yeah, I probably should've specified in addition to those three. Like, what values/choices are connected/associated with what characters?

Kenny: Honesty, Determination, Family Luke: Compassion, Cooperation, Trust Jane: Cunning, Survival, Independence

• edited March 2018

If Telltale had been extra thorough with the dog bite situation in All That Remains and reinforced with pretty tight [metaphorical] steel, would that many people have been placated(read: less upset) compared to the response of the released version?

If Telltale had been extra thorough with the dog bite situation in All That Remains and reinforced with pretty tight [metaphorical] steel, would that many people have been placated(read: less upset) compared to the response of the released version?

• If Sarah gets devoured at the observation deck, why does Bonnie and Mike only shoot 2 walkers? Why couldn’t they shoot all the walkers? They could of saved Sarah.

• I have no idea what that pink oval is supposed to mean, so I guess we're even.

I was just thinking about Carlos and the Cabin Group and just posted that question almost verbatim to the context in which I came upon it. I'll tweak it to make more sense.

• edited March 2018

Because the developers said so. However, I suppose it is possible that they simply ran out of bullets .

And Jane should of saved Sarah, but then I guess I shouldn't have asked a basehead not to smoke my precious cinnamon herbs.

If Sarah gets devoured at the observation deck, why does Bonnie and Mike only shoot 2 walkers? Why couldn’t they shoot all the walkers? They could of saved Sarah.

• The group didn’t run out of bullets! As you can see Bonnie and Mike have ammo in Episode 5. Which only led me to think why they didn’t save Sarah at the observation deck. I can smell lazy writing...

Because the developers said so. However, I suppose it is possible that they simply ran out of bullets . And Jane should of saved Sarah, but then I guess I shouldn't have asked a basehead not to smoke my precious cinnamon herbs.

• I meant in the sense that they needed to reload.

But yes, the writing was selectively lazy, among other things.

The group didn’t run out of bullets! As you can see Bonnie and Mike have ammo in Episode 5. Which only led me to think why they didn’t save Sarah at the observation deck. I can smell lazy writing...

• Okay, so apparently not doing anything at the end of Part 1 if you stayed with Clementine will have her throw the bomb thing instead. I'm guessing Part 2 doing nothing to accommodate this?

• Make no difference. What do you expect?! It’s A New Frontier.

Okay, so apparently not doing anything at the end of Part 1 if you stayed with Clementine will have her throw the bomb thing instead. I'm guessing Part 2 doing nothing to accommodate this?

• I thought the intro was pretty well done. You might say it all went to shit after that.

Yeah, guess I can't argue too much with that. It's just so jarring compared to everything else that they do with her, which is almost entirely after this episode.

• It's the cover art of the game.

digital download bruh

I stayed away from most of the previews (As I've said before) so I never saw Kate at all. It's the cover art of the game. Her pose a

• Eh.

digital download bruh

...What?

I thought the intro was pretty well done. You might say it all went to shit after that.

• ...what?

Eh. digital download bruh ...What?

• edited March 2018

Jane should of saved Sarah

How was Sarah's death Jane's fault? Sarah was covered in boards. Jane was lifting the boards off of her until another board from the balcony fell and hit her on the head. Jane's lucky it didn't knock her out. When the board hit her, she staggered back in dizziness, by the time she recovered the walkers were already on top of Sarah.

Because the developers said so. However, I suppose it is possible that they simply ran out of bullets . And Jane should of saved Sarah, but then I guess I shouldn't have asked a basehead not to smoke my precious cinnamon herbs.

• Okay, so I went to look for my "ThatPaulGuy is Realistic" gif and found this:
    enter image description here
    What. The Fuck?

• @Dont_Look_Back Back in January of last year, you said there were signs of other flashbacks besides Clementine and Javier's. What were they?

• edited March 2018

Do you think A New Frontier graphics will be in The Final Season or will it be slightly changed? (Ps I have heard that Telltale are using Unity for The Final Season).

• They probably won't use The Unity engine for The Final Season but i'm hoping they change the graphics the same way as they did to Batman : The Enemy Within,or at least something better than A New Frontier (which was awful btw).

Do you think A New Frontier graphics will be in The Final Season or will it be slightly changed? (Ps I have heard that Telltale are using Unity for The Final Season).

• Does anyone still have that "Gabe pullout gane" gif?

• edited March 2018

which, by the way, I know this whole scene was poorly and lazily handled, but they seriously couldn't add a damage/bump texture to Jane's head after the board dropped on her? They did it for Bonnie. That board to the forehead was nasty. Wasn't there even a blood splatter?
    Pfft.

Season 2 was so lazy in regards to character appearances. There was no option to say no to Bonnie's jacket, and for some weird-ass reason clem's hat remained permanently glued on her head the whole season. Kinda breaks immersion a bit.

Veeeee posted: »

Jane should of saved Sarah How was Sarah's death Jane's fault? Sarah was covered in boards. Jane was lifting the boards off of her u

• At the end of episode 4, why the hell are the Richmond guards firing into the crowd of innocents? Javi, Gabe, Clem, and David were the only opposition there yet the guards are randomly firing in other directions.

• Because they're dumb/jumpy.
    Though one guy at least had the excuse that he was trying to shoot Javier and the panicking crowd kept getting in the way.

But seriously thinking about it, I have to wonder if that may have had something to do with the fact that some of them would've risen up against the Council originally? There were a number of people visibly questioning and later protesting Joan's actions, after all.

At the end of episode 4, why the hell are the Richmond guards firing into the crowd of innocents? Javi, Gabe, Clem, and David were the only opposition there yet the guards are randomly firing in other directions.

• edited March 2018

which, by the way, I know this whole scene was poorly and lazily handled, but they seriously couldn't add a damage/bump texture to Jane's head after the board dropped on her? They did it for Bonnie. That board to the forehead was nasty. Wasn't there even a blood splatter?
    Pfft.

I know, right? And it's not like the fact that she was to leave for good in the following scene would've gotten in their way.

There was no option to say no to Bonnie's jacket,

I briefly considered whether that might have been a visual aid for the silly/forced Clementine-Carver parallel.

for some weird-ass reason clem's hat remained permanently glued on her head the whole season. Kinda breaks immersion a bit.

At least we know that wasn't the case in the original version of the episode. Though it wouldn't killed them to simply have her pick it up after she recollects herself on the bank.

which, by the way, I know this whole scene was poorly and lazily handled, but they seriously couldn't add a damage/bump texture to Jane's he

• For game delvers:
    As shown on the choice leak for From the Gallows, some related to determinant factors are planned and checked off within the previous epsiode's code when the latter is completed. Was this case for other episodes as well?

• The gif was most likely deleted.

Okay, so I went to look for my "ThatPaulGuy is Realistic" gif and found this: What. The Fuck?

• The David getting branded one is probably one of them.

@Dont_Look_Back Back in January of last year, you said there were signs of other flashbacks besides Clementine and Javier's. What were they?

• How do you feel about Christa possibly returning in The Final Season?(Poll)

(If you don't exactly agree with the wording just treat the options as for, against and neutral.)

• edited March 2018

Oh, okay. Wonder if it had a time limit or something?

The David getting branded one is probably one of them.

Oh yeah, that sounds right.

Fangirl101 posted: »

The gif was most likely deleted.

• Feel free to link your poll thread as well, dude!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

How do you feel about Christa possibly returning in The Final Season?(Poll) (If you don't exactly agree with the wording just treat the options as for, against and neutral.)

• lol Okay here it is. I promise I won't spam your thread with polls, I just wanted that one to gain a bit more visibility. I'm surprised at how divisive the results are so far. I thought those who wanted Christa back were an overwhelming majority. I use to be against her return but I've come around to seeing potential in it, the possible dynamic with Clementine especially. Although she still isn't high on my list of characters I hope to see come back admittedly.

Feel free to link your poll thread as well, dude!

• I know, right? And it's not like the fact that she was to leave for good in the following scene would've gotten in their way.

And then Jane quick-heals like Wolverine between appearances? lol

I briefly considered whether that might have been a visual aid for the silly/forced Clementine-Carver parallel.

I just thought it was going to be a parallel to the hoodie choice for season 1. Not that season 1 was perfect, they certainly didn't have Clem act colder without the hoodie. But still, visual choice was nice.

At least we know that wasn't the case in the original version of the episode. Though it wouldn't killed them to simply have her pick it up after she recollects herself on the bank.

Even then, that was only episode 1. You telling me they still planned on having it stuck to her the rest of the season? It's silly, how many times does she get knocked down in this season, seriously. Even Kenny loses his hat in that fight with Jane.

I still wonder why she had her hat off in the episode 4 title card. But you know, everyone used to speculate about that one.

which, by the way, I know this whole scene was poorly and lazily handled, but they seriously couldn't add a damage/bump texture to Jane's he

• And then Jane quick-heals like Wolverine between appearances? lol

I just meant that her only having one scene left meant giving her a determinant scar texture wouldn't have been that strenuous.

I just thought it was going to be a parallel to the hoodie choice for season 1. Not that season 1 was perfect, they certainly didn't have Clem act colder without the hoodie. But still, visual choice was nice.

Oh yeah, good point. The cool jacket is even primarily a inverted color version of Adam's hoodie.

Even then, that was only episode 1. You telling me they still planned on having it stuck to her the rest of the season? It's silly, how many times does she get knocked down in this season, seriously. Even Kenny loses his hat in that fight with Jane.

I know, I did think about that. I just didn't care enough to acknowledge it.

I still wonder why she had her hat off in the episode 4 title card. But you know, everyone used to speculate about that one.

She was either joining cult or getting ready to go to war, man. Wasn't that obvious?

I know, right? And it's not like the fact that she was to leave for good in the following scene would've gotten in their way. And th

• If you stuck to David's plan then Ava is at the apartment at the beginning of episode 4. She sees Kate, Gabe, and Javi all embracing and gives Javi a knowing nod. Do you think Ava was perceptive to the chemistry/bond between Kate and Javi? And if so, do you think she would tell David or confront Javi about it first?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.